• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2011 Mtn. Home Football

Started by thegotoguy_bomberman, July 06, 2011, 10:39:57 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

SingleWingGuru

After seeing these boys in person, now... I'm retracting my earlier statement.

1-9.

thegotoguy_bomberman

Quote from: SingleWingGuru on August 11, 2011, 09:36:41 am
After seeing these boys in person, now... I'm retracting my earlier statement.

1-9.
SingleWing has to be one of the MOST negative so called Bomber fan on here.. Like 12thman said, we went 1-9 last year.. That doesnt mean we cant improve. Idiot. ::)

UALR11

Quote from: bomber38 on July 22, 2011, 09:21:10 am
Quote from: Ballard is #1 on July 22, 2011, 01:22:40 am
Quote from: bomber38 on July 18, 2011, 12:00:45 pm
Quote from: SingleWingGuru on July 14, 2011, 11:11:26 pm
Quote from: MHballboy00 on July 10, 2011, 09:15:39 pm
They have had a record setting off-season in the weight room

I call shenanigans.  Look at 2000 2001 ish.  They had Shane Collins, DePriest, Jared Walker, etc.  There is no way this team is anywhere near those guys in the weight room.

So you are either trying to puff us up, or you have no clue what you are talking about.  Bob Durr, DePriest, Collins, Walker, Epps, have LONG graduated.

the teams had a record board since then, and just about every records been broken this year, and many of them were by a large amount

No they haven.t They got the record board put up when Coach Patrick came in. That was not in 2001. Those records on the board aren't actual records. They are records of the past 8 years or so.

well unless they all squatted over 535 and benched more then 350 then fact still stands that new records have been set

You have some big boys.  Collins was a beast though.  100% Natural beast.  #17 linebacker in the country his Sr. year.  Could have been higher had he gone to a better school.  That, and he still ran a legitamite 4.4.  Unlike the past 4.4's, Collins was a top 5 55 meter dash in the state in indoor track.

thegotoguy_bomberman

August 11, 2011, 02:32:19 pm #53 Last Edit: August 11, 2011, 11:08:00 pm by thegotoguy_bomberman
Cool?...

Bomber_Believer

So what's the skinny on these injuries I keep hearing about?  Berry, Walker, and Britt out right now?

SingleWingGuru

Quote from: thegotoguy_bomberman on August 11, 2011, 01:25:10 pm
SingleWing has to be one of the MOST negative so called Bomber fan on here.. Like 12thman said, we went 1-9 last year.. That doesnt mean we cant improve. Idiot. ::)

An idiot who has predicted their wins/losses and by game wins/losses by over 95% since I joined the board.

Yep, idiot.  (lol)

fallfanatic99

fbfan99

I'll say 5-5, with a best possible record of 7-3.
Mountain Home can't beat Batesville, West Memphis or Jonesboro.
Nettleton and Harrison should be easy pickin's, so that leaves five swing games in Hall, Parkview, Jacksonville, Marion and Searcy. Those last seven games I've mentioned are all winnable games.
Jacksonville doesn't play well at MH, Hall and Parkview are well .... Hall and Parkview, you never know what you're going to get. Searcy is Searcy and you never know if Marion is going to play defense.
Mountain Home's offense will look totally different, I've seen them scrimmage a bunch this fall. I'm not sure its better than last year, but offense wasn't really their problem. And when you scrimmage yourself, you can't tell if its any better because the defense knows all of the offense's plays.
The 14-14 tie against Central is promising, since they have a legit defense with an All-Arkansas player. And the Bombers played without their starting quarterback, running back and defensive end.
It could also blow up and not win a game this year, so who knows. I hope they do well, but nothing would shock me.

Mainiac

fbfan99 - Thanks for going through schedule and telling us which games you circled as wins.  I agree with almost everything, except "we can't beat..."  I think we will have to play nearly perfect football and get some help along the way to beat those teams, but we play the games for a reason.  Bombers go 5-5 with the chance to go 7-3.

I don't think the players or coaches should ever expect to lose, I expect them all to think there is at least a possibility of being perfect.  So, I wouldn't want to see them predicting anything but wins.  For those of us who watch from the stands, what games are you circling on your schedule and why?

Bomber_Believer

I think Jonesboro is beatable if you play solid D against them.  Last year they shredded MH, but so did most everyone else.  The D should be much improved this year.  Searcy is a program on the rise.  Dont count them out as just Searcy being Searcy.  If I remember correctly they surrendered the fewest points in the conference last season.  I agree about Harrison this year.  They scrimmaged Batesville and were down 49-0 at the half.  New coach is going to struggle through this season.  Nettleton will be a good measuring stick to see just where we are.  MH beat them easily last season, and should have, even though the rest of the season wasnt so good.  Beat them again and a little more convincingly and I will be ready to say 5-5 is possible.  I think 7 wins would be tough to come by, and yes I have seen 2 scrimmages this fall.  The players are talented, but the coaching has to be better than it was last year or its going to be a long season again.

fbfan99

"I don't think the players or coaches should ever expect to lose, I expect them all to think there is at least a possibility of being perfect.  So, I wouldn't want to see them predicting anything but wins.  For those of us who watch from the stands, what games are you circling on your schedule and why?"

Mainiac, Are you asking me a question?

Mainiac

fbfan -- Sorry for the confusion.  I thought you did a great job of outlining what you think are wins and losses.

I'm curious what others think.  Some have said 3-7 or 1-9.  Just curious what game(s) they think we will win. 

fallfanatic99

I'm curious as to how you figure Netteleton will be a good measuring stick?  This is a team that went 0-10 last year! 

Quote from: Bomber_Believer on August 31, 2011, 08:30:42 am
I think Jonesboro is beatable if you play solid D against them.  Last year they shredded MH, but so did most everyone else.  The D should be much improved this year.  Searcy is a program on the rise.  Dont count them out as just Searcy being Searcy.  If I remember correctly they surrendered the fewest points in the conference last season.  I agree about Harrison this year.  They scrimmaged Batesville and were down 49-0 at the half.  New coach is going to struggle through this season.  Nettleton will be a good measuring stick to see just where we are.  MH beat them easily last season, and should have, even though the rest of the season wasnt so good.  Beat them again and a little more convincingly and I will be ready to say 5-5 is possible.  I think 7 wins would be tough to come by, and yes I have seen 2 scrimmages this fall.  The players are talented, but the coaching has to be better than it was last year or its going to be a long season again.

Mainiac

fallfantatic99 - I think Believer answered that in their post.

"MH beat them easily last season, and should have, even though the rest of the season wasnt so good.  Beat them again and a little more convincingly and I will be ready to say 5-5 is possible."

You don't seem convinced that MH has improved since last year.  What games are you circling as wins for MH?  Why?

fallfanatic99

MH wins
Nett, Harrison, Hall, maybe parkview

MH losses
Batesville, WM, Jax, Jonesboro, Marion, Searcy, maybe parkview

At best 4-6!  And depends on who they play in the playoffs, more likely to lose, they will be at the bottom. 
But hey, you never know!  There's always a chance!

thegotoguy_bomberman

Mh wins- nettleton, Harrison, batesville, Jacksonville, hall, marion, parkview

ricepig

If MH wins 7 games this year Mahan is national coach of the year.

Mainiac

It would be something wouldn't it.  I think 5-5 is reasonable, but I would love to buy him the trophy to celebrate his newly earned respect.

Looks like Jonesboro will be tough this year.

BrickHouse3

I think Mountain Home will have a much better year than last year..
Wins- Nettleton, Harrison, Jax, Marion, Parkview, Hall
Lose- Batesville WM, Jboro,
and i think searcy is a toss up
so possible 7-3 or 6-4

Bomber_Believer

Everyone is sleeping on Searcy.  They are building up their program down there.  Its not the same as it was 3 years ago.

redwolf143

Bombers56

Quote from: SingleWingGuru on July 17, 2011, 02:40:31 am
Quote from: thegotoguy_bomberman on July 16, 2011, 10:46:20 pm
.500 at least.. Possibly a game or 2 better...

Willing to put your humility where your mouth is?

Would you bet a shaved head, with pictures on here?

I think a so called "Bomber fan" owes a shaved head.  ;D

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas