• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Benton football

Started by beaverfan007, June 02, 2011, 01:18:21 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

beaverfan007

How good is Benton gonna be

LH_DAD

Quote from: beaverfan007 on June 02, 2011, 01:18:21 pm
Not very.
2wins-8 losses is about usual.

beaverfan007

Hopefully it'll turn around soon all they needed was a coach and I think they got him now

Earl is my Hero!!

Quote from: beaverfan007 on June 02, 2011, 01:18:21 pm

Who cares.

They'll get beat by the step-sisters of the 7A, Cryant, and they'll finish at best middle of the pack amongst the 16 teams fighting for 17th place.

Baitshop

Oh, do they have a team this year..??..??

Brian G

I thought the censor would have changed the words Benton football to Ballerina recital

Yoster

Yeah, I'm not one to put programs down, but when you have a team with such a poor track record as Benton, they've got to start showing up before you can even talk of them being a good team.

gatecrasher

They're playing the 7 on 7 circuit for the first time in awhile this summer and have played well the last two weeks.

Maybe they are in the process of trying to revive the downtrodden program there.

Adjudicator

Who is Benton's HC?  And do they have a turf field?

ricepig

Do they even play football in Benton, that would be a better question.

Adjudicator

LOL!  Just wondering cause we make a week 9 trip down there.

LH_DAD

Quote from: Adjudicator on July 04, 2011, 08:43:52 pm
LOL!  Just wondering cause we make a week 9 trip down there.
They were talking about getting turf and a new stadium, but I don't know what the outcome was.  They have had a different coach the last 2 years at least.  I think the AD who was the head coach is the HC again.

mao

Benton's problem is internal, that and still living in the past. This aint 1977.

BHS1989

And the school board got rid of the main problem! Hopefully things will start to turn around

beaverfan007

I thought the offensive coordinator that had cancer took over as head coach last year and the coach from sau. Is the athletic director

IAFLAR7

Benton is headed in the right direction - it's just going to take time. It's not going to happen overnight much like the way the program was ruined in 2006.
They have good coaches, a lot of kids to choose from to get the numbers back. And, potentially some of the best facilities in Central Arkansas.
On a trivial note, wish Benton would go back to the old traditional Tiger Paw helmets - those were classic......

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas