• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Schools After Coach Reed

Started by cfan07, January 25, 2011, 11:43:48 am

Previous topic - Next topic

gatecrasher

DING DING DING DING DING DING....

Brian G

Quote from: xtremewildcat on January 27, 2011, 05:30:13 pm
If you have more info about UAPB, please post it.

1.  Coach arrested for Crack cocaine.

http://www.todaysthv.com/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=139593&provider=topStories

2.  Remedial rates for colleget freshman:

http://www.nwaonline.com/news/2011/feb/02/report-525-freshmen-unready-college-20110202/?nwa-state  (might need a subsciption to read)

Excerpt:

More than half of first-time students entering Arkansas' public colleges and universities in the fall 2010 semester weren't prepared for collegelevel work, a report compiled by the Arkansas Department of Higher Education said.

Of 22,342 students tested, 52.5 percent required remedial courses in at least one subject - math, English or reading.

The University of Arkansas at Pine Bluff had the state's highest rate for universities - 91 percent of 1,847 tested students. The University of Arkansas at Monticello had the second-highest with 78 percent of 541 tested students

Eddie Goodson

Anyone in El Dorado with a child currently in or about to enter High School that is eligible for the Murphy Oil tuition deal would be stupid, irresponsible, and negligent to take their child out of that school. I would highly question their sanity.

Brian G

They don't deserve any money (for college) just for graduating high school at ED.   There are far too many people going to college from that deal than are truly academically qualified.

redwolf143

Quote from: B.G. on February 02, 2011, 05:49:42 pm
They don't deserve any money (for college) just for graduating high school at ED.   There are far too many people going to college from that deal than are truly academically qualified.

True.  But it's Murphy's attempt to revitalize their home town and keep it from dieing.  Without the promise there would be no new school, no Coach Reed, no new turf and probably no more Murphy.  Rumor was that they were giving it 10 years from the announcement to see drastic change in scores and community development or they were gone to Houston like the rest of big oil.  In actuality Murphy wasn't worrying about the kids that were already there, they were just a minor reason for the deal.  The idea was to bring in young educated families who wanted to get money towards education.

thebigshot

. Grass isn't always greener on that otherside up in NWA !!!!

Brian G

Quote from: thebigshot on February 03, 2011, 01:06:30 pm

Lord knows there is plenty of manure in ED to make the grass green.

Valleysports

QuoteIn actuality Murphy wasn't worrying about the kids that were already there, they were just a minor reason for the deal.  The idea was to bring in young educated families who wanted to get money towards education.
Looks like a bust!

Valleysports

QuoteJust speculating, what team would/could pony up that kinda money for him and get rid of who they have?
Cabot

gatecrasher

And Murphy would match it....and likely exceed it, like someone posted earlier.

This program will continue to ascend, much to the chagrin of the haters. And I get to laugh about more titles....

Tee Hee!

xtremewildcat

February 04, 2011, 07:23:48 am #60 Last Edit: February 04, 2011, 07:25:36 am by xtremewildcat
Quote from: B.G. on February 02, 2011, 04:30:12 pm

http://www.todaysthv.com/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=139593&provider=topStories

http://www.nwaonline.com/news/2011/feb/02/report-525-freshmen-unready-college-20110202/?nwa-state  (might need a subsciption to read)

Excerpt:

More than half of first-time students entering Arkansas' public colleges and universities in the fall 2010 semester weren't prepared for collegelevel work, a report compiled by the Arkansas Department of Higher Education said.

Of 22,342 students tested, 52.5 percent required remedial courses in at least one subject - math, English or reading.

The University of Arkansas at Pine Bluff had the state's highest rate for universities - 91 percent of 1,847 tested students. The University of Arkansas at Monticello had the second-highest with 78 percent of 541 tested students

"Poster formally known as Q, now slithering the boards as Booty Goblin"
Has posed in the past as a female on FF.
Was ousted after he/she was exposed on FF as a fraud and to be a-moral(which means he/she has no morals at all).
May be........ no, the most lowest common denominator on FF.
Still displayed tendencies that often shows that he/she may have done things that most of us on here do not approve of.

I didn't waste any time doing the research for my findings.

xtremewildcat

Quote from: Valleysports on February 03, 2011, 08:30:23 pm
QuoteIn actuality Murphy wasn't worrying about the kids that were already there, they were just a minor reason for the deal.  The idea was to bring in young educated families who wanted to get money towards education.
Looks like a bust!

Only to people that know absolutely nothing about business.
Anytime a company with that type of earnings, can donate money that directly effects it's community. And acquire a tax break for doing so, is genius.
If the promise helps one person, it is a success. So far, it has helped many.

I played football with many guys at ASU that didn't graduate, but benefited from going to school there. When you make contacts in school, they help you for the rest of your life.
OBTW, the attrition rate for freshmen with GPA's over 2.7 is almost the same as the one for students below 2.7.

xtremewildcat

Quote from: Valleysports on February 03, 2011, 08:34:27 pm
QuoteJust speculating, what team would/could pony up that kinda money for him and get rid of who they have?
Cabot

Hummmm, Just askin......
Why would he wanna go to Cabot?
And, why would yall wanna get rid of one of the better coaches in the state to get him?
Who do you know that claims yall wanna come up with the money or get rid of Malham?
OBTW, his dad was my LB coach at ASU. Loved him to death.

Brian G

February 04, 2011, 08:15:37 am #63 Last Edit: February 04, 2011, 08:18:07 am by B.G.
Quote from: xtremewildcat on February 04, 2011, 07:23:48 am
Quote from: B.G. on February 02, 2011, 04:30:12 pm

Excerpt:

"Poster formally known as Q, now slithering the boards as Booty Goblin"
Has posed in the past as a female on FF.
Was ousted after he/she was exposed on FF as a fraud and to be a-moral(which means he/she has no morals at all).
May be........ no, the most lowest common denominator on FF.
Still displayed tendencies that often shows that he/she may have done things that most of us on here do not approve of.

I didn't waste any time doing the research for my findings.

Old news.   Inaccurate on it's face overall.

And also a dodge to a direct answer to a direct question.

No surprise.  When backed into a factual corner, the only retort left is personal.

xtremewildcat

Quote from: B.G. on February 03, 2011, 07:10:29 pm
Quote from: thebigshot on February 03, 2011, 01:06:30 pm

Lord knows there is plenty of manure in ED to make the grass green.

The Queen of hypocrisy!!!!

redwolf143

Looks like a bust!

Oh I agree, right now it is busting, Murphy has yet to see near what they wanted to out of it and has publicly implied a move is coming soon.

xtremewildcat

Quote from: redwolf143 on February 04, 2011, 10:26:30 am
Looks like a bust!

Oh I agree, right now it is busting, Murphy has yet to see near what they wanted to out of it and has publicly implied a move is coming soon.

Please link.
I have several friends that work there and google searched it and found nothing.

redwolf143

Quote from: xtremewildcat on February 04, 2011, 10:31:23 am
Looks like a bust!

Please link.
I have several friends that work there and google searched it and found nothing.

Sorry cant link a convo. with those I know who work there, one of whom was just told his office would be moving to Houston in a year and to start working on figuring out a place to live.  As for the publicly implying again you can't link comments made by high ups in passing.

xtremewildcat

Quote from: redwolf143 on February 04, 2011, 11:08:01 am
Looks like a bust!

Please link.

Sorry cant link a convo. with those I know who work there, one of whom was just told his office would be moving to Houston in a year and to start working on figuring out a place to live.  As for the publicly implying again you can't link comments made by high ups in passing.

I found "ONE" person so far that heard the same thing you heard............

Ten years ago.

bleudog

Quote from: xtremewildcat on February 04, 2011, 01:22:32 pm
Looks like a bust!

Please link.

Ten years ago.

I had a neighbor who works with Murphy whose department was relocated to Houston a year or so ago.  Some part of accounting.  It was a small number of people (I think 20 or so) but his options were go to Houston or look for another job.  He's still with Murphy and now in Houston.

The Murphy Promise has caused growth in the El Dorado district.  However a good portion of that growth seems to be at the expense of the five smaller school districts in Union County. 

It's dated, but here's and article written the first fall after the Promise was implemented  CLICK HERE

redwolf143

Quote from: bleudog on February 04, 2011, 01:59:39 pm
Quote from: xtremewildcat on February 04, 2011, 01:22:32 pm
Looks like a bust!

Please link.

Ten years ago.

I had a neighbor who works with Murphy whose department was relocated to Houston a year or so ago.  Some part of accounting.  It was a small number of people (I think 20 or so) but his options were go to Houston or look for another job.  He's still with Murphy and now in Houston.

The Murphy Promise has caused growth in the El Dorado district.  However a good portion of that growth seems to be at the expense of the five smaller school districts in Union County. 

It's dated, but here's and article written the first fall after the Promise was implemented  CLICK HERE
The friend, a deacon at the church I attended down there, is also with accounting and was told this a couple months ago.  He said a group around a hundred was moving with him but he wasn't sure about more.  You have to admit that doesn't look good for them staying with not much return for their investment as far as new move ins outside of Union cty.  My second to last year there it was great, we had a handful of new kids in the department but they were mostly from Norphlet or PC etc.  The last year I had 2 move ins and they were both Murphy hires that would have happened either way.

LH_DAD

Quote from: gatecrasher on January 27, 2011, 01:51:32 pm
Pat Swilling....+1.

Every year some nimrod has posted this topic, and like in the past, it is baseless. Nobody ever produces anything to validate what they are saying.

Scott Reed ain't going anywhere right now. Yall can put that in your pipe and smoke it.

More titles await. Sorry haters....;)

LH DAD...it is likely we will be on a 26 game home winning streak when yall go down to El Dorado next year. Simply...we don't lose at home. Been three years since we lost down there.

So come on down....;D
26 game winning streak is unlikely, but we will be there regardless. 

Iknewthemwhen

Isn't funny ow so many people always know exactly what some coaches are thinking and feeling about their jobs and job opportunities.   

Valleysports

February 06, 2011, 12:49:56 pm #73 Last Edit: February 06, 2011, 12:51:45 pm by Valleysports
1. Family
2. Retirement

Brian G

gatecrasher

Well at the very least, 25 of the last 26 at home.

But Har-Ber has a bullseye on their butt. We have unfinished business with them.

AirWarren

Screw the nwa people. Just mad there is legit opportunities and prosperity outside of those stuck up Yankees up there.

Yeah the grass is greener. Lots of rich pot heads in nwa that amount to nothing from momma and daddy's money.

Pat Swilling

Quote from: AirWarren on February 07, 2011, 08:11:07 pm
Screw the nwa people. Just mad there is legit opportunities and prosperity outside of those stuck up Yankees up there.

Yeah the grass is greener. Lots of rich pot heads in nwa that amount to nothing from momma and daddy's money.
What a great post! 

Valleysports

Most the people, I know in NWA, moved from Warren, Pine Bluff, Stuggart ......... dang Yankees!  ::)

Pat Swilling

Im just tickled we finally got internet and indoor plumbing down here in south ark. 

Brian G

It's like shooting fish in a barrel.

AirWarren

Quote from: Pat Swilling on February 08, 2011, 10:25:19 am
Im just tickled we finally got internet and indoor plumbing down here in south ark. 
Had it FOR A LONG TIME. Same people live up there as down here. I wouldn't trade my folks down here for your north arkansas hillbilly trash for nothing. Got relatives up there. Even we are ashamed.

Quote from: Valleysports on February 08, 2011, 10:17:47 am

Most the people, I know in NWA, moved from Warren, Pine Bluff, Stuggart ......... dang Yankees!  ::)
Probably were weird and had no friends. Moved where someone might like them. Like I said, the grass isn't greener in NWA.

xtremewildcat

AirWarren

Quote from: xtremewildcat on February 09, 2011, 01:53:12 pm
Where is Stuggart?
That's how the super educated NWA people spell and say stuttgart.

spurrr

Lived in the south and lived in the north. Same kind of folks on both sides of the state once you get to know them. Growing up in the south was great. Walk out the door and start hunting or fishing. Plenty of farm jobs in the summer, lots of farm money around and tons of hospitality.

Up here, got to work harder or drive a ways to find a place to hunt and fish. Folks will still employ dependable kids. The hospitality is about the same as south arkansas. Though it has slowed considerably this part of the state is still growing.

North vs south ? Right! Each side needs to clean up their own side before slamming the other.

Biggest advantage of the north . No mosquitoes. I have not bought a can of Off in 15 years. It is great to go night fishing  and not worry about those things! 

AirWarren

Quote from: spurrr on February 10, 2011, 11:13:33 am
Lived in the south and lived in the north. Same kind of folks on both sides of the state once you get to know them. Growing up in the south was great. Walk out the door and start hunting or fishing. Plenty of farm jobs in the summer, lots of farm money around and tons of hospitality.

Up here, got to work harder or drive a ways to find a place to hunt and fish. Folks will still employ dependable kids. The hospitality is about the same as south arkansas. Though it has slowed considerably this part of the state is still growing.

North vs south ? Right! Each side needs to clean up their own side before slamming the other.

Biggest advantage of the north . No mosquitoes. I have not bought a can of Off in 15 years. It is great to go night fishing  and not worry about those things! 
+1. Great post.

Brian G

You don't count as NWA.  Springdale is seperatist.

AirWarren

Quote from: B.G. on February 10, 2011, 07:28:27 pm

HA! Springdale is the heart of NWA my friend  8)

Brian G

Quote from: AirWarren on February 10, 2011, 10:59:19 pm
Quote from: B.G. on February 10, 2011, 07:28:27 pm

HA! Springdale is the heart of NWA my friend  8)

Not if you live there.

GotInfo?

Can we please delete this thread...such a waste...

Pat Swilling

Quote from: GotInfo? on February 11, 2011, 09:38:48 am
Quote of the day winner!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

xtremewildcat

Quote from: Pat Swilling on February 11, 2011, 10:00:05 am
Quote from: GotInfo? on February 11, 2011, 09:38:48 am
Quote of the day winner!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+1

Earl, do your ole buddy a favor and lock this thread!!!

spurrr

BG
We are thankful to be separated from Fayetteville. Can't say I want my kid getting educated in such a liberal school.

AirWarren

Valleysports

Quote from: AirWarren on February 09, 2011, 02:02:49 pm
Quote from: xtremewildcat on February 09, 2011, 01:53:12 pm
Where is Stuggart?
That's how the super educated NWA people spell and say stuttgart.
Maybe if I was from NWA, I could spell it!  :D

Brian G

February 12, 2011, 10:24:58 pm #95 Last Edit: February 13, 2011, 12:05:41 pm by B.G.
Quote from: spurrr on February 12, 2011, 04:01:57 pm
BG
We are thankful to be separated from Fayetteville. Can't say I want my kid getting educated in such a liberal school.

I raised two to be conservatives just find.  Not to mention myself.  But you're right, you don't want to raise any free thinkers.  Keep them close to your bosom.

spurrr

Plenty of free thinkers up here, just concentrate on different things!

Valleysports

February 13, 2011, 11:58:40 am #97 Last Edit: February 13, 2011, 12:00:34 pm by Valleysports
Quote from: B.G. on February 12, 2011, 10:24:58 pm
I raised to conservatives just find.
In Southern Arkansas, one would rear two conservatives  ;D

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas