• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Texarkana Razorbacks 2011

Started by Pat Swilling, January 05, 2011, 09:58:15 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Mulerider

Quote from: SantaHog on January 25, 2011, 01:21:13 pm
A familiar name may be resurfacing at AHS.

What name would that be?

redwolf143

Reed??

Sorry Gate, couldn't help it and you know the name would be dropped somewhere eventually

Pat Swilling

Ledford is a solid coach.  Should be a no brainer.

Mulerider

Quote from: Pat Swilling on January 31, 2011, 09:26:29 am
Ledford is a solid coach.  Should be a no brainer.

Ledford is the no brainer unless some names that are not being said are interested in this one.  Has the school posted a list of candidates or others they may have contacted?

gatecrasher

BWHAHAHAHAHAHA!

That would be the equal of your nightly Jenna Jameson fantasies....

NOT GONNA happen...;)

GotInfo?

Word I'm hearing now is Ledford is the one they want...although, I'm starting to hear Keopple might be inticed to coming back as well.  Reed from El Dorado is not a candidate. 
Your welcome Gate... ;)

Pat Swilling

Pat Swilling

Wonder how long they are taking apps?  When hire will be made?

gatecrasher

I knew the moment the final gun sounded after we beat Texarkana at WMS that Reed wasn't a candidate.

If and when he becomes a candidate anywhere, you all will be the last to know....;)

AHS06

Quote from: gatecrasher on February 01, 2011, 09:44:19 pm
I knew the moment the final gun sounded after we beat Texarkana at WMS that Reed wasn't a candidate.

If and when he becomes a candidate anywhere, you all will be the last to know....;)
We will be just fine!!!

gatecrasher

AHS06

Just like I have mentioned before this year is going to make or break Eldorado.  Keopple had a great group of athletes to come through and win back-to-back state titles.  Built up his resume and went back to coaching college ball.  Same case with Reed these past couple of years.  Considering the fact I want Eldorado to beat Har-Ber this season, Texarkana is going to come in and end that home winning streak. 

gatecrasher

I don't think so. You act like everyone left.

Go ahead and think that. Remember, the new QB is a REED.

More nightmares to come for future opponents.

GotInfo?

Until now, I thought the job was Ledfords if he wanted it...but I have just found out that BD is interviewing this week...the question becomes...Are they willing to give him what he wants for him to take the job??? Could end up being a biding war between the 2 guys. Should be interesting the next week or so

Pat Swilling

Pat Swilling

Texarkana_Piggie

no news in the paper.  the admin right now is more worried about snow days and the benchmark coming up.  next board meeting in next tuesday.  we'll see if anything happens by then.

GotInfo?

Billy Dawson is who I was referring to...Heard he pulled his name out of the interview the day of...He is interested in getting back into coaching if its the right gig...Which this tells me it's Ledfords job to turn down

Pat Swilling

I aint got a dog in the fight but if I were Texarkana I would get a new coach on board ASAP.  If they want Ledford I bet they could have by weeks end.  Just one guys oppinion.

GotInfo?

I think so too Pat.  What do they have coming up talent wise there?  I know they graduated alot of kids that put in heavy minutes...Got talent in the Jr. High coming up?

rzrbacks123

If Ledford does in fact take the job, will the admin allow him to bring any coaches in with him?  Or will the current staff stay? 

Pat Swilling

Pat Swilling

Quote from: rzrbacks123 on February 11, 2011, 10:34:04 am
If Ledford does in fact take the job, will the admin allow him to bring any coaches in with him?  Or will the current staff stay?
Have not heard about coaches.  Most of AHS staff have been there a long time.  I'm sure Ledford could get any assistant jobs filed easily. 

GotInfo?

What's the latest Pat??? All my contacts aren't hearing anything.

Pat Swilling

Quote from: GotInfo? on February 15, 2011, 08:34:04 pm
What's the latest Pat??? All my contacts aren't hearing anything.
None at all.  I can't believe this isn't a hot topic.  Lots of talent in Texarkana.  Guess we will wait and see. 

SantaHog

The last word I got was the search committee(radio/tv announcer) was interviewing last week and a decision is supposed to be made this week.  The administration is not involved in the search process.

TTownHogs

Interviews are tonight and tomorrow night, they pushed them back from last week to this week because of the weather.

GotInfo?

Any word on who is interviewing?

Pat Swilling

GotInfo?

Heard they had 5 guys interview...Baxley, Segreist(sp), Elmore, Ledford, and one other that I haven't heard who.  That was last week.  Should hear something this week on who it is.  Pat you heard anything?

Pat Swilling

Quote from: GotInfo? on February 21, 2011, 09:29:35 am
Heard they had 5 guys interview...Baxley, Segreist(sp), Elmore, Ledford, and one other that I haven't heard who.  That was last week.  Should hear something this week on who it is.  Pat you heard anything?
None.  But I would be surprised if they handed the keys to Baxley or Segreast. 

SantaHog

I've heard the five finalists are: 2 from the city of Texarkana(one in-house), one from Arkansas, and two from other states.

GotInfo?

SantaHog, any idea when they will decide?

SantaHog

Their original timeframe was by the first of March, so I would expect a decision by week's end.

BorderPatrol

It was announced in today's Gazette.....

bp

Texarkana_Piggie

Pat Swilling

Pat Swilling

Can someone put tex gazette artical on here?

AHS06

TASD names football coach
The Arkansas High School Razorbacks will have a new athletic director and football coach effective today.

The Texarkana, Ark., School Board on Tuesday hired Todd Ledford to replace the retired Phillip Miller, who served as the district's athletic director for the past seven years and head football coach for the last two years.

Ledford brings 18 years experience as a coach. He spent two years coaching with the Texarkana (Texas) Independent School District, one year in Crossett, Ark., and 15 years at Ashdown, Ark.

Ledford will be introduced to the public today during a news conference at 10 a.m. at Arkansas High.

Pat Swilling

Football team better get ready to work.  Coach Ledford is very demanding of kids as well as coaches.

AHS06

New Boss Hog
Ledford named Arkansas High's new coach
By: Phil Sandoval - Texarkana Gazette

Staff photo by Adam Sacasa. Todd Ledford addresses the audience at Wednesday's press conference after being named head football coach and athletic director at Arkansas High School. Ledford replaces the retiring Phillip Miller in the dual positions.

Arkansas High graduate Todd Ledford has come home and hit the floor running.

Two hours into his first day as new Arkansas High's athletic director/head football coach, Ledford had already spent time with school district officials and was officially introduced at a mid-morning press conference at the high school on Tuesday.

Those duties were just starters.

"I'm going straight to the athletic office as soon as I get done here," he said.

And the first priority Ledford said as he moves into the chair formally held by the retiring Phillip Miller, is meeting the athletes he'll instruct as the Razorbacks football coach.

"The first challenge for me is to get to know all the players. Any time you take a job over, that's the biggest challenge," he said. "I need to get to know them and they need to get to know me. Once that's overcome, then you can coach."

Ledford said he'll tackle every task in his dual role with enthusiasm.

"I'm thrilled and excited and I don't mind saying it. I've had a dream job all of my life, and that's dealing with young people," he said during the press conference, attended by school board members, AHS faculty and coaches and the media. "I'm not afraid to say by doing it here, it makes it a whole lot more special."

Accepting the job has brought the 1986 grad, back to his roots.

"I never thought that I'd end up here coaching," he said. 'I knew that I would coach. I never thought that I'd even wind up back at Arkansas High. But it was one of those deals where it just happened. The job opened up and the first thing I thought about is that I'd love to do it. And I'm getting that opportunity."

Ledford moves over from Texas High where he was an assistant football coach for two years, moving to Texas from Crossett. Prior to that he was at Ashdown High School where he had stints as head baseball and football coach and school district athletic director.

As the Panther football coach, Ledford's teams won four district titles in a five-year span from 2000-2005. Individually, he was awarded as the 7-4A's Coach of the Year twice and was honored as the 2003 season's Texarkana Gazette Southwest Arkansas Coach of the Year.

Along with meeting the players, Ledford will also begin the process of forming his football coaching staff.

"I've got a plan and a vision dealing with staff and players. It will be something that I'll take my time with. But it is something that we will do," he said.

Another thing Ledford plans on doing is getting to know the community at-large. To that effect, a meet-and-greet event will be held at the high school's athletic facilities is in the planning process.

Pat Swilling

Texarkana_Piggie

i'm excited about this hire.  i think this was the first good hire since keopple.  before that, toombs.  before that swede lee.  i hope ledford has a long, prosperous career here. 

GotInfo?

I think Ledford was a good choice as well.  Will be interesting to see who he tries to bring with him staff wise.  I've heard he has complete control over staff changes, which gives him some options.

gatecrasher

Someone needs to educate him now as to who he has to beat in 6A South to get where he wants to go....;D

Congrats....I think it's a good hire.

LH_DAD

Quote from: gatecrasher on February 25, 2011, 05:18:30 pm
Someone needs to educate him now as to who he has to beat in 6A South to get where he wants to go....;D

And who do you think that will be this year?

Congrats....I think it's a good hire.

gatecrasher

We are still the state champions until proven otherwise.

I like our chances for a three peat. We're gonna be nasty on defense and offensively we have plenty of kids who played extensively last year ready to step into starting positions. The only thing that keeps us from returning to WMS for a fourth straight year is suspect QB play.

Not gonna happen. Lucas Reed (yep...Taylor's little brother) will do just fine.

Txk_Hawg

Quote from: GotInfo? on February 25, 2011, 09:41:35 am
I think Ledford was a good choice as well.  Will be interesting to see who he tries to bring with him staff wise.  I've heard he has complete control over staff changes, which gives him some options.

If he is smart and truly has control he will clean house and get new blood in, there has been to much "Brother-in-lawing" going on for a long time.

Texarkana_Piggie

Quote from: Txk_Hawg on February 27, 2011, 07:48:28 am
Quote from: GotInfo? on February 25, 2011, 09:41:35 am

If he is smart and truly has control he will clean house and get new blood in, there has been to much "Brother-in-lawing" going on for a long time.

yep yep.

FBFEVER

Coach Ledford will do a great job, & he will have Ark.  High back on top in no time.  He is a winner in all aspects of life, he will demand greatness & he will give it as well.  He is well aware of who he has to beat in the 6A South & its not just Eldorado gate.  When its all said and done Eldorado will hate that Ledford landed at Ark. High i promise you that.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas