• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Texarkana Razorbacks 2011

Started by Pat Swilling, January 05, 2011, 09:58:15 am

Previous topic - Next topic

gatecrasher

Not anytime soon....
I hope everyone who thinks El Dorado's demise is imminent keeps on thinking that.

Here's the deal: You have to beat us. Until someone knocks us off, we are still your two-time defending 6A state champions.

Don't go all-in on us not three-peating. We're gonna be regular contenders as long as Scott Reed is calling the shots.

BorderPatrol

Quote from: gatecrasher on March 01, 2011, 10:13:59 pm
Not anytime soon....
I hope everyone who thinks El Dorado's demise is imminent keeps on thinking that.

Here's the deal: You have to beat us. Until someone knocks us off, we are still your two-time defending 6A state champions.

Don't go all-in on us not three-peating. We're gonna be regular contenders as long as Scott Reed is calling the shots.

Get over yourself...

bp

FBFEVER

I agree, whats with the "you have to beat us" comment?  Gate doesn't coach there he didn't play there, & doesn't have kids playing there.  Listening to him talk about Eldorado you would think he was Sup. or something.

gatecrasher

BP.....just hush.

FBFEVER.....you must have a fever.
Go away.

Eaglemaniac

March 02, 2011, 09:48:55 pm #104 Last Edit: March 02, 2011, 09:50:38 pm by Eaglemaniac
Well Ledford gets his dream job! Maybe he won't do to those kids what he did to Crossett's.

FBFEVER

Just what did Ledford do to those kids in Crossett.  He instilled discipline, work ethic, & accountability in his players.  So just what did he do to those players.  Sure he left after 1 year to go back home.

Eaglemaniac

Quote from: FBFEVER on March 03, 2011, 11:06:29 am
Just what did Ledford do to those kids in Crossett.  He instilled discipline, work ethic, & accountability in his players.  So just what did he do to those players.  Sure he left after 1 year to go back home.

He abandoned them!!! Plain and simple!!!! Built them up and walked out! If he didn't want to be in Crossett he should have never taken the job. Quitting the last week of school threw everything into turmoil. Should have been up front and honest with those boys. Instead, he resigns then doesn't speak to the team until 3 days later as they were getting ready to leave for team camp.

GotInfo?

Ouch! No, dog in this fight, but its never easy telling them.  But, there are better ways than that...

BorderPatrol

Quote from: Eaglemaniac on March 03, 2011, 06:05:41 pm
Quote from: FBFEVER on March 03, 2011, 11:06:29 am

He abandoned them!!! Plain and simple!!!! Built them up and walked out! If he didn't want to be in Crossett he should have never taken the job. Quitting the last week of school threw everything into turmoil. Should have been up front and honest with those boys. Instead, he resigns then doesn't speak to the team until 3 days later as they were getting ready to leave for team camp.

So, by logic, when is a good time to quit?

And, by your logic, a coach should never take a job if he has no intentions of staying? There would be a LOT of shcools without coaches if that was the case.

bp

GotInfo?

What's the word in Texarkana?  Any staff changes?

loyal fan

Wonder How offseason is moving over at Razorback land?

CoachBates

In fairness to Coach Ledford, the whole THS thing came about pretty quick and the first chance for him to address the team was the morning they left for camp.  He felt awful about the situation but going home was his ultimate selling point.  I can't blame him for that.

FBFEVER

I promise offseason is rolling at Arkansas High.  Ledford will demand hard work & won't accept anything less.  if players & coaches don't want to work than they won't be there he will get rid of them.  Ledford is a winner & knows how to make others winners also!!!

GotInfo?

I've heard the numbers are up in offseason.  Any news on his staff changes??

loyal fan

Wonder who is gonna be the DC next year?  Baxley?

Txk_Hawg

Quote from: loyal fan on April 15, 2011, 01:20:33 pm
Wonder who is gonna be the DC next year?  Baxley?

I heard that Baxley was told he could coach somewhere but there was no way that he was going to be over the Defense.

loyal fan

Anybody know how offseasons going in Hawgland?

mrknowitall

Denny Burdine was hired as the DC for the razorbacks. Also, Adrain Ivory has been hired to cach DE's.

AHS06

New sheriff in townLedford is putting Razorbacks through spring drills
By: Phil Sandoval - Texarkana Gazette

More than 100 players reported for the drills, and their combined work ethic has impressed new head coach Todd Ledford and his staff.

"I'm proud of the kids because everything's different for them," he said. "There's different terminology and schemes. They have to learn and adapt to a different tempo. They've stepped up to that and they've gotten better every day."

To assist with the Hogs' new look Ledford has brought in two veteran coaches.

Denny Burdine, who coached at AHS and at Texas High, has returned to the sidelines after taking time off to pursue other interests.

"Denny is going to be our defensive coordinator," Ledford said. "He's coached football for around 30 years. He's been a head football coach here, an athletic director, he's done it all. He is the best person that we could find to run our defense."

Adrian Ivory is the other newcomer on the Razorbacks staff. Ivory comes in from Hot Springs High School. His responsibilities include coaching linebackers and tight ends.

Ledford will serve as the offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach.

An aspect that's made the transition seamless is a series of get- together meetings between the coaches and players.

"You have to know each other," Ledford said. "Once you get to know each other and know where I'm coming from ...after that process happens, you can coach them hard. And they've responded. That's what I like about this group—they know our coaching staff cares about them, and (know) they are going to be coached hard."

Part of that task is the installation of a new offensive scheme. This season, Arkansas High will be more of a running team.

"We're an I-formation football team," said Ledford. "We're going to be a football team that's going to run the ball, and we're going to be a team that also can throw the ball. That's going to be different because the quarterbacks weren't under center the last couple of years."

Two players are vying for the starting quarterback's role. Elgie Richards, an incoming senior, has more experience, having served as Kierra Harris's backup the past two seasons.

Former wide receiver Chase Sealy, "is doing a great job for not having done it much," Ledford said. In deference to the emphasis on running, starting wideout Chris Stewart could also be counted on to see action at quarterback.

"Right now we're looking for that triggerman. Once that gets settled in, it will stabilize our offense more," Ledford said.

Spring practice continues through Friday, concluding with a 4 p.m.  intra-squad scrimmage at Razorback Stadium.

GotInfo?

Sounds like AHS will once again be battling in the top 4 of 6A next year.  Looking forward to the season starting.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas