• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

6a south future

Started by loyal fan, December 15, 2010, 02:46:50 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

loyal fan

Will this conference be unstopable next season?

gatecrasher

Yes. The champion will cone out of the South....again.

zebrafan

We might see a different champion next year but it still will come from the south:)

gatecrasher

If QB emerges you won't.

Take a picture. Write it down.

zebradynasty

He'll have to be a LOT better than Reed in order to 3 peat! The upper teams in the south will be too good to beat with a rookie QB. With PB and LH returning their starting QB's...I wouldn't plan to adding to your trophy case. Mark down write it on your tombstone!

gatecrasher

We are still YOUR defending state champions until someone is bad enough to knock us off.

He doesn't have to be better than his little brother for us to three peat. Wait...did I just say that? Dang...;)

Oh well....may as well let you know...the likely new QB is Taylor's little brother Lucas. He has a bigtime arm too.

Two more years of your coaches having REED nightmares and waking up sweating profusely. ;D

Get used to it. You should be by now.

gatecrasher

December 16, 2010, 11:03:21 am #6 Last Edit: December 16, 2010, 11:06:07 am by gatecrasher
Rookie QB?

Yall said that about Taylor Reed too in 2009. And we wound up beating YALL for the title. Imagine that...;)

We will simply reload and make another run. Don't yall see that that is where our program is now?

zebradynasty

Quote from: gatecrasher on December 16, 2010, 11:00:43 am
We are still YOUR defending state champions until someone is bad enough to knock us off.

He doesn't have to be better than his little brother for us to three peat. Wait...did I just say that? Dang...;)

Oh well....may as well let you know...the likely new QB is Taylor's little brother Lucas. He has a bigtime arm too.

Two more years of your coaches having REED nightmares and waking up sweating profusely. ;D

Get used to it. You should be by now.

Taylor Reed was a solid QB but against us he never was the difference maker! Against us it was y'all defense forcing us to make errors. In 2009 and last year had we not made errors we would have won. Reed had solid games but he NEVER just carved us up with throwing.

His little bother will have contend with the same group of Z's that demolished him his 9th grade year 28-6. So you'll have to forgive me if I am not in awe of him just yet. You had a good run but I would point out it's not like the Z's have fallen off, the last three years have been pretty good for us too. 10-2 in a rebuilding year not bad!

gatecrasher

December 16, 2010, 02:49:28 pm #8 Last Edit: December 16, 2010, 02:54:59 pm by gatecrasher
If, if, if. We made the plays we had to make to beat yall..shutout in the second half last year, and despite yall having over 300 on the ground against us this year, our defense forced the int to seal the deal this year. IF.

We won a championship in a rebuilding year...2009. We just reload.

A quarterback does not have to throw for 300 yards to be effective. Ask Texarkana.

This is varsity now. Not jr high. We never have sparkling records in the lower grades, nor do I care if we do. All they are are feeders for our varsity, from the pee wee programs all the way to JV.

Get ready. Deja vu is coming....again.

Billyo62

I have to agree with Gate on the QB issue, he doesn't have to throw for a ton of yards to be a good HS QB and lead his team to a lot of wins...NS QB threw for a million yards this year and they won 2 football games...

gatecrasher

Texarkana's secondary played press coverage lot of the time against our WRs in the title game, so we didn't throw it much.

Didn't need to....we rushed for 236 yards. Reed rushed for 58 yards and scored twice.

So much for needing the big passing numbers.

zebradynasty

Gate you were the one hedging bets on next season based on finding a QB. I simply was saying next year there are bigger holes for you to fill in order for you to 3 peat! I didn't make excuses had your defense not forced errors we would have beaten you. Reed was solid QB I am not convinced he's D-1 his best game against us was in 2009 here at PB and y'all lost. In 2009 we had a great passing game no run game. 2010 we had a great run game no passing. Next year I expect to be much more balanced. We have Eldo and LH at home so I think we have reason to be optimistic. Our system works pretty good too!

gatecrasher

December 16, 2010, 06:39:17 pm #12 Last Edit: December 16, 2010, 06:41:52 pm by gatecrasher
A dollar says we will be the consensus favorites to repeat (again).

All I said was that QB was the most important. Our top WR is returning and we are gonna be nasty on defense. We always have a plethora of running backs so that is never a concern.

We have "holes to fill" every year. We have filled them to the tune of 35-5 and two state titles in the last three years. So anyone thar has visions of El Dorado falling off anytime soon better go take your hater medicine, cause it ain't happening.

We no longer rebuild, like most teams. We reload...

Just sayin...

gatecrasher

And if you ain't convinced that Taylor Reed is D1, well, stay tuned.

zebradynasty

Who said you were gonna fall off! I said you wont three peat and you started playing your recorded message. We've won 28 games in 3 years had a 3000 yard plus passer one year and 2000 yard plus rusher the next. PB ain't most teams so play your recording to someone else!

Good luck to Reed but as far as what I say last year...He was the third best QB I personally saw play. The kid from Northside was better, Frazier was better and a argument could be made for the TX QB for third. Just saying!

xtremewildcat

Quote from: zebradynasty on December 16, 2010, 02:23:32 pm
carved us up with throwing.

His little bother will have contend with the same group of Z's that demolished him his 9th grade year 28-6. So you'll have to forgive me if I am not in awe of him just yet. You had a good run but I would point out it's not like the Z's have fallen off, the last three years have been pretty good for us too. 10-2 in a rebuilding year not bad!

ZD, and all others who hold out hope because you killed our 9th grade team:
Our 9th grade team has always done poorly. Why, the coach. The biggest joke in ED is how our 9th grade coach has lasted this long. When my son was in the 9th grade, he got into it with two parents that I witnessed. I really thought he would have stopped coaching football and concentrated on baseball.
Just sayin.

zebradynasty

Quote from: xtremewildcat on December 16, 2010, 07:00:52 pm
Quote from: zebradynasty on December 16, 2010, 02:23:32 pm
carved us up with throwing.

ZD, and all others who hold out hope because you killed our 9th grade team:
Our 9th grade team has always done poorly. Why, the coach. The biggest joke in ED is how our 9th grade coach has lasted this long. When my son was in the 9th grade, he got into it with two parents that I witnessed. I really thought he would have stopped coaching football and concentrated on baseball.
Just sayin.

Let me clarify, the mud stomping we put on them had less to do with coaching and more to do with PB being better. Our Jr High program has been OK since Bolding's arrival it's getting better cause he has full control of the PB football program 7-12 (he's also the AD) and a major reason why our numbers are up.

xtremewildcat

Hey, when did yall get rid of Vic?

xtremewildcat

Also ZD, yall may be getting better. That's cool. Problem is, yall are gonna have to get past the Sheridens and the WC's before yall can be the champs!!!
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...........whoooooooooooooo!

gatecrasher

Ya...
But we have the hardware...x2.

zebradynasty

Quote from: xtremewildcat on December 16, 2010, 07:49:40 pm
Also ZD, yall may be getting better. That's cool. Problem is, yall are gonna have to get past the Sheridens and the WC's before yall can be the champs!!!

What?? Sheridan the last 3 times we played them we've outscored them 113-22! The last time they beat us I think may have been 05 or 06. WC we are 2-2 against them since Bolding arrival. For 2011 the only team standing in our way is LH!

xtremewildcat

Quote from: zebradynasty on December 16, 2010, 08:15:40 pm

What?? Sheridan the last 3 times we played them we've outscored them 113-22! The last time they beat us I think may have been 05 or 06. WC we are 2-2 against them since Bolding arrival. For 2011 the only team standing in our way is LH!

ZD, don't let simple facts get in the way of what I said.
Also, did "you" run off Vic?

zebradynasty

Quote from: xtremewildcat on December 16, 2010, 08:23:59 pm

Facts ??? I didn't see any! Vic is around somewhere I knew he was very supportive in hiring Bolding although there have been rumors the last few years of Bolding leaving I think the program is solid enough now that even if he leaves things are in place for continued success.

xtremewildcat

Quote from: zebradynasty on December 16, 2010, 08:56:48 pm
Quote from: xtremewildcat on December 16, 2010, 08:23:59 pm

Facts ??? I didn't see any!

LOL, naw man. I meant, don't let "your" facts get in the way of what "I" said.
Man, everytime I bring up Sheriden, you get red.

gatecrasher

Go ahead and act like we won't exist next year.

Still YOUR champions.

zebrafan

PB lost there OC today, Rod Stinson took the LR Hall coach job and took Preston Jordan (DL coach) with him. And LBs coach Greg Easter quit and will now just do baseball.

bigeldofan

eldo teams from the 7th thru jv play coach reeds system they dont have to be real good they just need to learn it. once they get to the level coach reed wants them then he gets them ready also the last 4 years his off season programs have made a huge difference with the younger guys coming up. believe this the kids your kids played in 9th grade will not be at the same level they were in 9thgrade.

zebradynasty

Big evidently our 9th graders from that year aren't at the same level either. At least 10 of the class started or played a lot this year on a team that finished 10-2!

bigeldofan

yea we had 5 or 6 play on a 12-1 state championship team i know what you mean

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas