• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

AHS-- Someone please explain..

Started by Billyo62, December 05, 2010, 01:57:40 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Billyo62

Can someone in the know explain to me how in the world they only won 4 games during the regular season...  There has got to be some really good reasons...

Texarkana_Piggie

inconsistent play.  bad play calling.  too many mistakes.

Billyo62

Quote from: Texarkana_Piggie on December 05, 2010, 02:18:54 pm
inconsistent play.  bad play calling.  too many mistakes.

I think it was obviously the late mistakes that caused problems in the title game..other than That I thought they played a very good game..

xtremewildcat

Injury bug, and not as deep as AHS has been in the past.

That #72, who wasn't blocked all game, where is he playing next year?

Billyo62

Like I said, I thought it was a good football game, I liked both teams and I thought they matched up very well...It looked like a championship game..

gamecocks8584

Quote from: Billyo62 on December 05, 2010, 01:57:40 pm
Can someone in the know explain to me how in the world they only won 4 games during the regular season...  There has got to be some really good reasons...

The reason for only four wins.  Let's see inconsistent is good.  Play calling as far as I saw wasn't bad.  It was execution of the plays.  Coaches can't run the plays.  The team that has been playing and winning the last 3 to 4 weeks is a totally different team as far as positions that kids were playing from watching at the first of the season to the end.  When you play in the 6A south it is easy to win only 4 games and be good and add Texas High on the schedule and there you go.

bigeldofan

when they beat pb i thought they got lucky and pb overlooked them but now i know they were just real good especially #10  #27 which is a sophmore and had near perfect cuts and great vision speed and able to break tackles and you cant say enough about #72 he should be a d-1 player for sure.

gatecrasher

Texarkana always has a boatload of talent. However I was a little surprised that they beat PB the way they did. I did not see that coming.

They played a whale if a ballgame last night. But, they made a critical mistake fielding that punt with the coverage in his face. Obviously that was the moment the tide turned in our favor.

Was I ever concerned? No. Neither were our players or coaches. There was no doubt to us that we were going to win. We knew it was gonna be a war with the Hogs.

Texarkana_Piggie

27 was a back up to the back up.  he was like 3rd or 4th string rb.  he ended up starting or playing most of the last few games because of injuries to the other rbs.  i was very proud of the kid.  he had a heck of a season when he finally got in the games. 

gatecrasher

Well he ran with authority last night. We have to deal with him two more yrs...

thebigshot

I told you people that Texarkana would fool people now you see it now

Hoghead

Quote from: Billyo62 on December 05, 2010, 01:57:40 pm
They're Texarkana ! and if you know Texarkana like I know Texarkana they always have talent. They just sometimes don't play like it. In a playoff format they're one of those teams you don't want to play.

xtremewildcat

Why has their numbers fallen so low? They use to be very deep.

bigeldofan

that is a great question there are several students that played from peewee until about the 10th grade and alot of them quit football they are still at the highschool though. some of the were pretty good to

Hoghead

Quote from: xtremewildcat on December 06, 2010, 08:09:51 am
A number of things are going on in Texarkana. You have the private church school Trinity that attracts some students. Then Genoa Central has started football. Then there's always elgibility concerns. But still Arkansas High will always have talent, always.

Billyo62

Quote from: Hoghead on December 06, 2010, 03:30:14 pm
A number of things are going on in Texarkana. You have the private church school Trinity that attracts some students. Then Genoa Central has started football. Then there's always elgibility concerns. But still Arkansas High will always have talent, always.

All I can say is they did not look like a 4 win team in the season. in the championship game. My hats off to them..

Pat Swilling

Texarkana_Piggie

i had heard that when he took the job it was with the understanding that he was going to retire in two years and he would not put that off because of the hc job.  that was two years ago.  i have heard that is is to retire at the end of this school year.

Pat Swilling

Still no news?  I know there are a lot of coaches waiting to see what happens in T-town.

AHS06

Quote from: Hoghead on December 06, 2010, 03:30:14 pm
You also have to add in Texas High and LE.  I agree with you though WE ARE ALWAYS GOING TO HAVE TALENT.

AHS06

Quote from: gatecrasher on December 05, 2010, 08:13:30 pm
Texarkana always has a boatload of talent. However I was a little surprised that they beat PB the way they did. I did not see that coming.

They played a whale if a ballgame last night. But, they made a critical mistake fielding that punt with the coverage in his face. Obviously that was the moment the tide turned in our favor.

Was I ever concerned? No. Neither were our players or coaches. There was no doubt to us that we were going to win. We knew it was gonna be a war with the Hogs.
Congrats on the win, but those critical mistakes caused us the Championship.

gatecrasher

So did your inability to stop Taylor Reed when it counted the most.

Great players step up in big games.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas