• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

6A State Championship: El Dorado Wildcats vs Texarkana Razorbacks

Started by gatecrasher, November 27, 2010, 09:20:47 am

Previous topic - Next topic

SantaHog

I didn't think there were any turnovers in that game.  I'll bet El Dorado won't get a questionable roughing the kicker penalty this time.  The punter for AHS did a good job flopping in the Searcy game, that was a game turning penalty.

gatecrasher

You didn't GIVE us anything. We TOOK it last time we played yall. I have the video to prove it. Quincy Hardwell made a great play to block that kick.

And Pine Bluff would NOT beat us. You just say that to make yourselves look better.

After Har-Ber beat us I said we would not lose again in 2010. I meant what I said. I haven't been wrong too many times in the last couple of years when it comes to your defending champs so go ahead and say I'm wrong...please.

Whether we win or lose has nothing to do with the Texarkana Razorbacks and everything to do with the El Dorado Wildcats.

The only way we lose us if we beat ourselves. We are the better team. You better hope we don't put a complete game together. This team hasn't played a complete game yet....and we're 11-1.

Yall have a tall order. Nobody outside of Miller County gives yall a chance...

Just sayin....

bigeldofan

the only reason pb lost is because game time last friday night they had thier minds on the wrong game. they were already thinking about the state game it ended up being a huge mistake. eldo will not overlook yall count on it.

AHS06

Quote from: gatecrasher on November 29, 2010, 06:10:24 pm
You didn't GIVE us anything. We TOOK it last time we played yall. I have the video to prove it. Quincy Hardwell made a great play to block that kick.

And Pine Bluff would NOT beat us. You just say that to make yourselves look better.

After Har-Ber beat us I said we would not lose again in 2010. I meant what I said. I haven't been wrong too many times in the last couple of years when it comes to your defending champs so go ahead and say I'm wrong...please.

Whether we win or lose has nothing to do with the Texarkana Razorbacks and everything to do with the El Dorado Wildcats.

The only way we lose us if we beat ourselves. We are the better team. You better hope we don't put a complete game together. This team hasn't played a complete game yet....and we're 11-1.

Yall have a tall order. Nobody outside of Miller County gives yall a chance...

Just sayin....
That was the same case scenario last week.  Just sayin....

We will let our talking take place on the field. 

gatecrasher

This ain't Pine Bluff.
We big-played them to death a few weeks ago.

Gonna do the same to u guys.

dmancatfan

I'm kind of new to all this, but didn't TK lose to Sheridan ? They limped into the playoffs riding a two game losing streak. And beating Jonesboro by 8, and Searcy by 12 to me doesn't exactly qualify as "putting it together" but putting up 42 on a great PB team is pretty impressive. Though PB was probably thinking of a rematch with us. They have to be so mad they can't see straight right now, so congrats on making it to WM, but I don't see there being a different outcome whether it was PB or TK... CATS bring it home again!

gatecrasher

thebigshot

I wouldnt ask them what happen during the sheridan game. everybody knows what happen. texarkana lost.......

anyway..... if el dorado can have a good week of practice, work on some tackle drills, and find the passing game early they will be fine.

The team with the best defense is going win this game. special teams will be a key, maybe thats why Hootens has picked El Dorado to win by 3

Valleysports

At the beginning of the season, who'd thought El Dorado would only be picked to beat Texarkana 3 at the end of the season!  Texarkana must have the coach of the year.  ;)

thebigshot

This Texarkana team reminds me lot of the 2001 El Dorado team I was on. Nobody didn't think Texarkana would make it this far into the playoffs. Both teams lost to somebody that should had beat. El Dorado should have won against Benton in 2001, Texarkana should had won against Sherdian in week 10.  Texarkana is 7-6 going into the title game, El Dorado was 8-5 going into the title game in 2001.

I know for a fact that Texarkana wouldnt be here if their seniors didn't step up in the locker room, showing class leadership matters.

dmancatfan

I didn't get to watch the first matchup, I was off in Virginia (where football is awful) but my told told me about it though! But as far as TK's offense what do they run? I always figured them for a run oriented, but it seems like they throw it a lot.

AHS06

Quote from: dmancatfan on November 30, 2010, 05:19:23 pm
I didn't get to watch the first matchup, I was off in Virginia (where football is awful) but my told told me about it though! But as far as TK's offense what do they run? I always figured them for a run oriented, but it seems like they throw it a lot.
Texarkana has a balanced spread offense.  Last week we had 160 yards rushing and around 260 yards passing.  Our QB has passed for 2,288 yards this season and has 900 yards rushing.  If you did not see the last matchup then you are completely clueless of what these Wildcats have on their hands Saturday. 

dmancatfan

Quote from: AHS06 on November 30, 2010, 05:27:17 pm
Quote from: dmancatfan on November 30, 2010, 05:19:23 pm
Texarkana has a balanced spread offense.  Last week we had 160 yards rushing and around 260 yards passing.  Our QB has passed for 2,288 yards this season and has 900 yards rushing.  If you did not see the last matchup then you are completely clueless of what these Wildcats have on their hands Saturday.

Which is fine because I don't play.

Texarkana_Piggie

bigeldofan

at the beginning of the season i said that tex would be hard to handle as a matter of fact i said it at the end of last season. i really felt like tex could be #1 or #2 but pb and lh were def better during the reagular season. i think that gate is correct about the wildcats coming in buisnesslike also the past two seasons we barely beat tex in the regular season and then beat them convinceingly in the post season i feel like eldo will do it again. you not only have great athletes to contend with when you play eldo you also have great coaching and that is the difference between eldo and tex. i have read several comments from tex fans about the coaching this year at tex.

gatecrasher

Upstarts...
Enjoy the atmosphere, because in the end all yall will have is memories.

We'll have the championship trophy....

AHS06

Quote from: gatecrasher on November 30, 2010, 10:15:54 pm
Upstarts...

Once again Gate your team is trying to accomplish something the Razorbacks already have.  Why do you keep boasting about the atmosphere and WMS which is NOT impressive. 

Billyo62

Quote from: AHS06 on December 01, 2010, 01:35:31 pm
Quote from: gatecrasher on November 30, 2010, 10:15:54 pm
Upstarts...

Once again Gate your team is trying to accomplish something the Razorbacks already have. Why do you keep boasting about the atmosphere and WMS which is NOT impressive.

That's an understatement right there..

dmancatfan

If I'm not mistaken, this class of seniors for TK were freshmen the last time they made it to WMS? But our senior class has been to WMS the last 3 years, losing to LH as sophomores, and winning against PB as juniors. Our seniors have an 8-1 playoff record, and are used to playing in BIG game atmosphere and winning. TK is just lucky to make it to the finals and haven't experienced a BIG game, save for the PB game last week. It's just another day at the office for our boys, while TK just landed an intern job with Murphy Oil...they're in over their heads.

gatecrasher

^^^^THIS

AHS06. Reread the above post. That's what I'm saying. And I can care less what yall have already done. This is OUR time. Yall just happen to be the poor saps that stand in our way.

gatecrasher

Go HoGs

Quote from: dmancatfan on December 01, 2010, 02:33:39 pm
If I'm not mistaken, this class of seniors for TK were freshmen the last time they made it to WMS? But our senior class has been to WMS the last 3 years, losing to LH as sophomores, and winning against PB as juniors. Our seniors have an 8-1 playoff record, and are used to playing in BIG game atmosphere and winning. TK is just lucky to make it to the finals and haven't experienced a BIG game, save for the PB game last week. It's just another day at the office for our boys, while TK just landed an intern job with Murphy Oil...they're in over their heads.

Wouldn't you call playing in front of 15,000 people against Texas High in one of the biggest rivalrys in high school football a "BIG" game??? yea thats what i thought

gatecrasher

One sided rivalry....just sayin.

And sorry, but nothing one-ups a state championship game....IMO.

dmancatfan

Quote from: Go HoGs on December 01, 2010, 10:06:47 pm

Wouldn't you call playing in front of 15,000 people against Texas High in one of the biggest rivalrys in high school football a "BIG" game??? yea thats what i thought

Ok you're right. I'm sorry.. I didn't clarify: WINNING the big games. Sorry, glad to clear that up for you so you're not confused. There's a difference in playing in front of 15,000 and winning in front of 15,000. But kudos to winning in PB, I hate that place. But I'll stand by this.. PB has always had a problem looking past people and not focusing on the game they're actually playing. Which is exactly why Sheridan has beaten them..what other reason could there be?

xtremewildcat

Quote from: Valleysports on November 30, 2010, 12:08:34 pm
At the beginning of the season, who'd thought El Dorado would only be picked to beat Texarkana 3 at the end of the season!  Texarkana must have the coach of the year.  ;)

Top five teams, I don't like to play:
5= LH
4= CF
3= WC
2= AHS
1= PB

When you play the same teams over and over and over, they know what to do to beat you. I don't care if WC loses to GW by 35, they would come back and play us within 3, the next week!!!

AHS06

Quote from: dmancatfan on December 01, 2010, 10:41:41 pm
Quote from: Go HoGs on December 01, 2010, 10:06:47 pm

Ok you're right. I'm sorry.. I didn't clarify: WINNING the big games. Sorry, glad to clear that up for you so you're not confused. There's a difference in playing in front of 15,000 and winning in front of 15,000. But kudos to winning in PB, I hate that place. But I'll stand by this.. PB has always had a problem looking past people and not focusing on the game they're actually playing. Which is exactly why Sheridan has beaten them..what other reason could there be?
I know players that I am related too, that has said numerous of times that playing in their state title games was not compared to playing Texas High.  That is a very hostile environment.  Even though the state title game means more, does not mean it is the hardest game to play in. 

dmancatfan

Must of been  a pretty hostile environment at home against Sheridan! Pahaha
And those other 5 losses!

AHS06

Quote from: dmancatfan on December 02, 2010, 12:58:29 pm
Must of been  a pretty hostile environment at home against Sheridan! Pahaha
And those other 5 losses!
Sheridan was an away game this year.  Its crazy how people on this board seem to know more about a team and city WHERE THEY DO NOT LIVE. 

dmancatfan

MaxPreps lied. But you're right, Sheridan is a pretty rough place to play. I dread going in there every other year.

AHS06

Quote from: dmancatfan on December 02, 2010, 01:12:52 pm
MaxPreps lied. But you're right, Sheridan is a pretty rough place to play. I dread going in there every other year.
Thats the problem......MaxPreps

dmancatfan

You're right about MaxPreps haha. But I missed a large part of this season whilst in Virginia (which makes me in large part irrelevant to most arguments here) so thats where I get my scores. 

Billyo62

Quote from: AHS06 on December 02, 2010, 01:20:10 pm
Thats the problem......MaxPreps

If there is bad info on your team on Maxpreps just e-mail them and they will fix it...I have done it twice this year, mistakes happen when you keep track of 14,000 schools and several different sports..

AHS06

You are better off just getting your scores from here on FF if you want Arkansas scores.  Eldorado has a great team this year.  I am looking forward to a very good and competitive game.  Eldorado won the last meeting on a last second play as time expired.  If the Razorbacks play like they did last week I see us winning by 10.  That has been the case with us all season is consistency, but injuries are to blame for the most part.

AHS06

FF is dead this year for some reason.  I can remember back when we won our back to back titles, the championship game thread would have around 12 pages by now.

xtremewildcat

I know this irritates ZD when I say this. PB use to be undefeated and go to Sheridan and get drove!

thebigshot

Quote from: xtremewildcat on December 02, 2010, 01:40:28 pm
I know this irritates ZD when I say this. PB use to be undefeated and go to Sheridan and get drove!

I remember those days.

thebigshot

I know El Dorado will bring the fans but Im just wondering how many will Texarkana will bring. Their fan base is up in the air every year it seems like. Hopefully they will have a good turnout for the kids. Whoever is the last person in El Dorado needs to turn out the lights before bedtime.

dmancatfan

Quote from: AHS06 on December 02, 2010, 01:31:57 pm
You are better off just getting your scores from here on FF if you want Arkansas scores.  Eldorado has a great team this year.  I am looking forward to a very good and competitive game.  Eldorado won the last meeting on a last second play as time expired.  If the Razorbacks play like they did last week I see us winning by 10.  That has been the case with us all season is consistency, but injuries are to blame for the most part.

The only reason I used MaxPreps was because I was trying to keep up with Virginia football, which is like trying to keep track of a thousand toddlers, and Arkansas football. My dad called me as soon as the first meeting between ELDo and Tk was over. I've never heard him so amped about a game before. I'm hoping they put togethe another good one. I know it won't be a blowout, as much as I say it will be, I'm sure TK won't be a pushover unfortunately. 

AHS06

Quote from: thebigshot on December 02, 2010, 02:58:54 pm
I know El Dorado will bring the fans but Im just wondering how many will Texarkana will bring. Their fan base is up in the air every year it seems like. Hopefully they will have a good turnout for the kids. Whoever is the last person in El Dorado needs to turn out the lights before bedtime.
There will be enough Texarkana fans at the game CALLING THOSE HOGS, Eldorado would think they were playing U of A.

Texarkana_Piggie

i hope the cats are as cocky and over confident as their fans are.

xtremewildcat

Quote from: Texarkana_Piggie on December 02, 2010, 04:40:07 pm
i hope the cats are as cocky and over confident as their fans are.

No such luck. That is what makes this coaching staff so unique. They convince the players how tough each opponent is. They almost brainwash the players that if you don't work harder than you've ever worked, this team will beat you.
I just got off the phone with an operator at my plant whose son plays on the d-line. He said this week was harder than any week.

If y'all win, it will be because you knocked us out, not cause of a split decision.
AHS will "NEVER" be able to sneak up on ED. The players and coaches know better.

dmancatfan

Quote from: AHS06 on December 02, 2010, 04:08:01 pm
Quote from: thebigshot on December 02, 2010, 02:58:54 pm
There will be enough Texarkana fans at the game CALLING THOSE HOGS, Eldorado would think they were playing U of A.

No. We won't.  We will definitely have more fans.

bigeldofan

AHS06

Eldorado will probably have more fans, heck this yeah they brought more fans to Razorback Country than the home team.

gatecrasher

heck we had more fans in Springdale than Har-Ber did....

It will be equal to a home game for us.

6ASOUTHPURPLECAT

Last report from EDHS athletic dept.....more than 7000 tickets already pre sold!

xtremewildcat

Quote from: 6ASOUTHPURPLECAT on December 02, 2010, 09:47:37 pm
Last report from EDHS athletic dept.....more than 7000 tickets already pre sold!

I heard that this morning. Did Landsdale say that?

AHS06

Why does Eldorado fans always have to LIE?  There is no way possible that Eldorado could have sold 7000 when they were only given 1000 adult tickets and 1000 student tickets. 

xtremewildcat

Quote from: AHS06 on December 03, 2010, 01:49:18 pm
Why does Eldorado fans always have to LIE?  There is no way possible that Eldorado could have sold 7000 when they were only given 1000 adult tickets and 1000 student tickets. 

Other than that, when have we ever lied about anything? Huh!!!

gatecrasher

Irrelevant.....
What is relevant is we're gonna smack the Hogs....
GO CATS GO!!!!!!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas