• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

6A State Championship: El Dorado Wildcats vs Texarkana Razorbacks

Started by gatecrasher, November 27, 2010, 09:20:47 am

Previous topic - Next topic

AHS06

Quote from: gatecrasher on December 03, 2010, 05:01:27 pm
Irrelevant.....
What is relevant is we're gonna smack the Hogs....
GO CATS GO!!!!!!
Keep dreaming because that is only way it will happen.  Fear tha Tusk!!!

GO HOGS GO!!!

thebigshot

I'm just wondering did anybody from Texarkana see the turnout for El Dorado the past two years during the state championship game? If not well you will get the front row seat tomorrow and see for yourself at 6:30. That's all I'm going to say on the fan base of El Dorado.

I think a lot of people know how much this games means to both teams. Texarkana leads the series 37-35-1 I believe? Rather one team is down or not, it's going to be a slobber knocker.  I think this 6A state championship game has lot more meaning to it than all the other state championships in the other classes.

AHS06

Quote from: thebigshot on December 03, 2010, 08:35:39 pm
I'm just wondering did anybody from Texarkana see the turnout for El Dorado the past two years during the state championship game? If not well you will get the front row seat tomorrow and see for yourself at 6:30. That's all I'm going to say on the fan base of El Dorado.

I think a lot of people know how much this games means to both teams. Texarkana leads the series 37-35-1 I believe? Rather one team is down or not, it's going to be a slobber knocker.  I think this 6A state championship game has lot more meaning to it than all the other state championships in the other classes.
Yes this championship game features two schools that has history and rich tradition.

There is no secret that Eldorado will have more fans at the game.  As I have stated before earlier in the year they brought more fans to Texarkana than the home team.  A lot of that has to do with ALL THE BANDWAGON FANS.  If this were 06 or 07 you could see the difference in Razorback fans.

thebigshot

Bandwagon fans aren't there to support. They are there just for the glory. You find out your true fans sooner or later. That's everywhere you go and there is a few thats like that from El Dorado. 

gatecrasher

Quoting Apollo Creed from Rocky II....

"You goin down man...you goin down."

Went to the 7A game tonight. Now I'm really STOKED for tomorrow night.

gatecrasher

GAME DAY!!
Time for predictions....

First, Taylor Reed will close his prep career with a state finals MVP award....

Second, while it should be a great game, the Wildcat defense will put us in position to win this game in the 4th quarter...
BACK TO BACK BABY!!!!!!

El Dorado 31-23

bigeldofan

there maybe very few eldo fans that only show up win they  are winning but there are a whole lot of true eldo fans that are in the stands when they have down years. eldo has the best fan base in arkansas

Txk_Hawg

Wow, looks like ED brought their home town Officials tonight.

NOT A FUMBLE!

AirWarren

Hey gate, wish I was there but I'm watching it on tv. Looks like Texarkana came to play. Y'all better turn the gas on! Go cats.

Texarkana_Piggie

Ed 6. Hogs. 0. 14 sec left in first qtr. And can I say it's cold

trevster10

Dogs78

Billyo62

Good game so far, but El Do will win..you just can't let a team with 4 wins during the season win the post season..

trevster10

Texarkana QB completed a ridiculous pass to get to the El Do 45. Very next play, Texarkana RB gets all the way down to the 3 yard line on a very impressive run.

1st and Goal - No gain.
2nd and Goal - TD Texarkana!

Texarkana 21
El Dorado 20

The PAT was partially blocked, but squeaked through anyways. The PAT that El Do missed early is looming LARGE.

thebigshot

El dorado is playing like crap...... Texarkana came ready to play and I guess the wildcats forgot their cat food at home....

trevster10

Quote from: thebigshot on December 04, 2010, 08:28:38 pm
El dorado is playing like crap...... Texarkana came ready to play and I guess the wildcats forgot their cat food at home....

Well, the last time these two played, a similar type of game ensued.

Like Gate said, anytime El Do and Texarkana play, it is an absolute war. Great game, so far.

trevster10

Touchdown El Dorado!

Texarkana 21
El Dorado 28

El Dorado went for 2 and got it. An absolutely amazing run by Taylor Reed to get the ball to the pylon in the corner of the end zone. This one is gonna be one to remember.

cuz

Congrats to El Dorado on their back to back state chapionships. You got this one right gate......
:) ;) :D ;D :) ;) :D ;D

trevster10

31-21 El Dorado

Final!

Congrats to the Wildcats for back-to-back state championships!

Billyo62

EHS_catfan22

Congrats to The back to back State Champion El Dorado WILDCATS. Great job tonight! Texarkana played a great game and has absolutely nothing to hang their heads about.

thebigshot

Now all these Har-bar fans can eat their crow.... el dorado won the war at the end while Har-bar failed !!!!

SavedbyGrace

Congratulations!!  You may have a hard time keeping your coach there.  Two in a row and goals can change.  Once something gets accomplised boredom can set in and people have a tendency to move to bigger and better things.  Larger districts may look more promising.

thebigshot

Not so fast he will be around for 4 more years till the youngest son is out of high school

gatecrasher

BOOOOOYAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BACK TO BACK IN THE HOUSE!!!!!!!!!!

Smithian

Quote from: thebigshot on December 04, 2010, 09:20:31 pm
Now all these Har-bar fans can eat their crow.... el dorado won the war at the end while Har-bar failed !!!!
What?

SportsFan23

Congratulations to Coach Reed, Taylor and Luke. I would have loved for y'all to have stayed and got one of those championships in F.C. but can't blame you for the move. Good luck in college Taylor. Good luck to coach Reed and Luke next season. 

trevster10

Quote from: gatecrasher on December 04, 2010, 09:26:33 pm
BOOOOOYAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BACK TO BACK IN THE HOUSE!!!!!!!!!!

I'm glad you guys won it, Gate!

Have Fun, and don't celebrate too hard!  ;D

Billyo62

Be nice and enjoy the win...because Har-Ber would have finished 13-0 in the 6A  not 12-1.. ;)

Earl is my Hero!!

Dude. Please.

You can put your replica 17th place trophy right next to your 2001 runner-up rings.

thebigshot

Right they would had found a way to lose like west Memphis in 6a

arwildcat06

Congrats to the Wildcats, they played their hearts out against a very good Texarkana team that no one saw making it this far and proved they deserved to be there. This was a big win for El Dorado BACK TO BACK!!!

Valleysports

Dang bigshot that was a pretty stupid post, taking away from El Dorado's moment!  I just clicked in here to enjoy the celebration and find you reminding everyone that the 6A State Champion got blown away by a 3rd place 7A Team.  Dude you've got to let it go! 

Congratulations to El Dorado!

Valleysports

December 05, 2010, 08:29:17 am #137 Last Edit: December 05, 2010, 08:46:58 am by Valleysports
Well this was the first thread I read - didn't realize y'all were going back-n-forth in other threads and bigshot was probably just continuing it over here.  Worse thing in 2011 was combining the 7A & 6A boards.  A big -1 for that!  Go Cabot!

LH_DAD

Congrats to El Dorado on another great run!  Hats off to Texarkana for hanging in there in the playoffs.

xtremewildcat

Quote from: Earl is my Hero!! on December 04, 2010, 09:35:23 pm

Dude. Please.

You can put your replica 17th place trophy right next to your 2001 runner-up rings.

Funny you say that. One of my coworkers is thinking about going into the "replica ring" business. He said he could get me a NO Saints ring and an ED ring for less than a G!!!
I'm actually thinking about it.
BUT IT WILL NOT SAY 17TH PLACE!!!

Big,
Lets enjoy this bro. We can start back fighting in Sept.
I'm ready for all of us to come together as Razorback fans, hug, hold hands, and sing.... 

gatecrasher

The morning after....;D ;D

Hats off to the Hogs for a great championship game. Went pretty much like I expected it to go. We played sloppy in the first half (put the ball on the ground three times, missed PAT), and they took advantage of the short field on one of the fumbles and got a TD that gave then the lead at recess.

However, in the second half, the Wildcats showed that championship mettle. The muffed punt was obviously the big turning point....the FG we got from it was the throat-cutter.

Defense bent but didn't break in the second half, save for the lone scoring drive by the Hogs.

In the end, the better team prevailed. We have been a second half team all year and we won this title in the final two quarters.

BACK TO BACK STATE CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!!!!!

Hoghead

Congrats to Texarkana on one heck of a game ! Congrats to El Dorado for back 2 back 6 A State Championships.

Texarkanabroadcast

And the replay shows no fumble...... Oh wait there is no replay in high school football. However everyone at the game saw the replay of what the officials said was a Texarkana fumble early in the game when they were headed in for a go ahead touchdown.  The player was clearly on the ground when they pulled the ball out of his hands...... Too bad with the all the technology we have today that they don't use it in a championship game.

There was another call later where an El Dorado back apparently actually fumbled while still on his feet but he was ruled down, they did not show that replay on the big board????

With all that said congrats to El Dorado on winning back to back state championships like Texarkana did back in 06 & 07. Well coached team with loads of talent.

Besides the couple of bad call the other turning points in the game included Texarkana coming up a football short on two 4th down attempts, a great effort by Reed to get in on a two point conversion and the fumbled punt midway thru 4th quarter.

Congrats to Coach Miller and his staff and players for stepping it up and playing great in the playoffs and playing like a super El Dorado team down to the wire in the championship game.  Glad that Reed, Ford, and Miles are graduating!!!     

xtremewildcat

allstate250

Not sure which championship game you were watching, I was at the el do-AHS game and that looked like a good call to me on the fumble.  Just like the touchdown grab in the endzone by Wendell Thompson that a lot of hog fans booed, even though he had both beet down.  Or, to be fair, the pass interference call that a lot of wildcat fans booed, was a fair call, even though it cost us 6 pts.  Don't blame the officiating, the calls that were made were justified, even though they did let a lot of holds go.  El dorado and Texarkana always play each other, and mistakes and special teams were the difference in this Ballgame.

Congrats to AHS on a great, hard fought game.  And for the wildcats ... yes, back to back feels great!!  ;D

xtremewildcat

I saw some bad calls in our game and the CF/GW game. They didn't seem to lean "heavily" to any team. Some were very untimely.
I have just decided that being a ref is impossible!

gatecrasher

Just because Reed, Ford and Miles are leavin us doesn't mean squat.

We will just reload and make another run. We are at that point now....

loyal fan

Texarkanabroadcast

Not to belabor a point but someone who saw the tape film after the game says that was clearly NOT a fumble and that an El Dorado fumble not called later was indeed a fumble,  so we were watching the same game. but that's ok. El Dorado won in a pretty darn good championship football game.

As for the Wildcats graduating Reed, Ford, and Miles I was just giving them their do by saying we are certainly glad we will not have to face them again.... I  believe you win you say they will reload, when you have a coach of the calliber of Reed your always going to be competitive until he gets that Big 7A West job.....................   

xtremewildcat

Quote from: Texarkanabroadcast on December 07, 2010, 07:40:52 am
I  believe you win you say they will reload, when you have a coach of the calliber of Reed your always going to be competitive until he gets that Big 7A West job.....................   

Keep praying. Trust me, your not the only one that's wanting that for Christmas!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas