• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

6A State Championship: El Dorado Wildcats vs Texarkana Razorbacks

Started by gatecrasher, November 27, 2010, 09:20:47 am

Previous topic - Next topic

gatecrasher

The most unlikeliest matchup, to say the least. Everyone and their mama was expecting an El Do/Pine Bluff rematch, myself included.  However, the Hogs changed all that.

So it comes down to this...either the Wildcats win a second straight title (3rd straight appearance), or Texarkana wins a title that nobody saw coming.

For those that don't have a clue though, this is Texarkana's third appearance at WMS in the last five years. They won the previous two in 2006 & 2007 with those great teams led by Dennis Johnson.

I'm preparing for a bloodbath of a game....

But one we're gonna win...;D

xtremewildcat

I heard that QB for AHS has been out of his mind lately. Is he throwing the ball any?

MrsTayla

Actually, I was expecting a LH vs Tex Championship myself. And of course that wasn't a far fetched expectation at all. 

gatecrasher

Yeah...it was.
Why?

You were in the major minority.

Despite the one point score (took an intentional safety on the last play for the final margin), I was never concerned. Our defense played lights out last night.

MrsTayla

Harris is mixing it up pretty good. Passing and running the ball. The PB game will be aired today, can't wait to see it, since our radio announcers get a little excited at times. 

Hogs09

MrsTayla

KLFI Channel 10, but hubby said he thinks it will air tomorrow at noon

gatecrasher

thebigshot

I told yall Texarkana would win. I knew they would beat Pine Bluff the second time. It's hard to beat the same team twice in the same year.... El Dorado had a hard time with Lake Hamilton and was able to pull it away. I have said it and been saying it past several years and people always tend to overlook Texarkana. Texarkana is the kind of team that will fool you in a second, they are a tough team to beat. I'm not surprised to see Texarkana in the championship game.

Texarkana is a different team, made the adjustments that was needed and have improved since we last played them.  This is going to be a dog fight for both teams. It's going to be a good matchup..

El Dorado by 9

loyal fan

thebigshot

Billyo62

Quote from: thebigshot on November 27, 2010, 06:59:08 pm
anybody have a clue whose going be the home team?

it's a new deal this year, it's the team who's' fans have the least amount of posts on Fearless Fridays...  you guys are so screwed!  ;)

AHS06

The Hogs are going for their 3rd state title in 5 years.  The last meeting Eldo won on a last second play.  The Hogs are  playing on a high level at the right time.   The Hogs has some unfinished business with these Wildcats, and there is no better place than WMS for this business meeting.

GO HOGS GO!!!

gatecrasher

It won't get finished this go around either.

The glass slipper will shatter in Saturday night, although I'm expecting a war with the Hogs.

AHS06

gatecrasher

bigeldofan

el dorado is the home team because eldo is the number 1 seed

MrsTayla

During the Razorbacks back to back Championship titles, we sat on the visitor's side both times. It's all good.

thebigshot

Both times El Dorado was on the vistor's side we lost in 2001 and 2008 and won on the home side in 2009.

gatecrasher

And we'll win on the home side in 2010.

Dennis Johnson exhausted his eligibility a long time ago.....sorry yall...

Valleysports

For a team to turn a season around like they have and end up in the State Championship, Texarkana must have some great coaches!  :D

AHS06

Quote from: gatecrasher on November 28, 2010, 05:17:16 pm

Kierra Harris and company is still eligible though.  We will take the vistors side and make it 3-0 at WMS in 5 years. 

xtremewildcat

Quote from: AHS06 on November 28, 2010, 06:57:07 pm

Kierra Harris and company is still eligible though.  We will take the vistors side and make it 3-0 at WMS in 5 years. 

Hey AHS fans. Lets make a friendly wager. I will bet you guys that ED will have at least 500 more people at the Rock than Tex. will.
If we don't, I will donate $1000.00 to St Jude's(in Memphis), in the name of the fans from AHS. If you lose, you can donate "what you want" to ST Jude's, the McDonald house, or the Grizzly House in Memphis. Any takers?

MrsTayla

Why are you bringing Dennis Johnson up? I guess you're having flashbacks or something.

xtremewildcat

Quote from: MrsTayla on November 28, 2010, 07:07:11 pm
Why are you bringing Dennis Johnson up? I guess you're having flashbacks or something.

I still do!!!

gatecrasher

No.....you won't.
The clock will strike midnight on your Cinderella run.

We're used to these type of games. There isn't anyone on Texarkana's team that has been in a game of this magnitude.

I expect a lot of ooohing and ahhing from a team that not only wasn't expected to sniff WMS, but isn't used to the atmosphere they will encounter Saturday night.

On the other hand, the Wildcats will walk in with business suits and briefcases...prepared to do business

MrsTayla

@ gatecrasher. I get it. You're team has been to the "Rock" twice, with a title win. (So exciting)..and to play Txk, a team that has turned it on and up lately. You're right this squad has never played at WMS, but they will Saturday. (Blonk!)

AHS06

Quote from: gatecrasher on November 28, 2010, 07:09:03 pm
No.....you won't.
The clock will strike midnight on your Cinderella run.

We're used to these type of games. There isn't anyone on Texarkana's team that has been in a game of this magnitude.

I expect a lot of ooohing and ahhing from a team that not only wasn't expected to sniff WMS, but isn't used to the atmosphere they will encounter Saturday night.

On the other hand, the Wildcats will walk in with business suits and briefcases...prepared to do business
WMS is not Razorback Stadium in Fayetteville.  I can assure you that the ooohing and ahhing will be at a minimum.  Gate you must have forgot that in the preseason we were ranked 1 and 2 for a reason.  I understand you are afraid that your quest for back to back titles is in major jeopardy right now.  Eldorado is trying to accomplish what we already have :o  Believe me the Hogs remember that game from earlier this year.

AHS06

Quote from: xtremewildcat on November 28, 2010, 07:04:47 pm
Quote from: AHS06 on November 28, 2010, 06:57:07 pm

Hey AHS fans. Lets make a friendly wager. I will bet you guys that ED will have at least 500 more people at the Rock than Tex. will.
If we don't, I will donate $1000.00 to St Jude's(in Memphis), in the name of the fans from AHS. If you lose, you can donate "what you want" to ST Jude's, the McDonald house, or the Grizzly House in Memphis. Any takers?
Eldorado will probably have more fans there than Texarkana.  Heck Eldorado had more fans in Texarkana earlier this year than the home team. 

AHS06

Quote from: MrsTayla on November 28, 2010, 07:19:56 pm
@ gatecrasher. I get it. You're team has been to the "Rock" twice, with a title win. (So exciting)..and to play Txk, a team that has turned it on and up lately. You're right this squad has never played at WMS, but they will Saturday. (Blonk!)
+1

thebigshot

Texarkana is the last team I want to play for the state title game. I would rather play Southside or Bentonville in the title game than Texarkana. Just something about them I don't like, it's not a good feeling. El Dorado won earlier in the year in a dog fight on the last play. I expect this one to be the same way. These two teams respect each other way to much, and I respect Texarkana too much to trash talk them. I would love to but I know what kind of team they have.

It's always been a dog fight when playing Texarkana year in and year out. This one has lot of meaning to it. Last game of the season, it all ends at Little Rock for these two teams. It's going come down to who wants it the most.... Offense wins games, defense wins championships.

gatecrasher

@ AHS06.....You don't know me, that's obvious....
Ain't afraid of anything...

ANY oohing and aahhing will be too much for a group of kids going up against a team making their THIRD straight trip to the title game. And anyone who thinks experience doesn't matter when it comes to playing in December doesn't have a clue about playoff football. And before anyone retorts about the players we have that will be at WMS for the first time, remember we have a coaching staff that is 8-1 in playoff ganes since 2008. Scott Reed will ensure that our youngsters know that this is all business.

MrsTayla

@ thebigshot. +1 to your post. I don't trash talk either,too many others on here way better at it than me.  This should be great game.

Go Hogs!

gatecrasher

And I expect a great ballgame too. I will be surprised if it's a blowout.

But...we're gonna win. Got it?

MrsTayla

Got it?I used to wonder if you were on drugs or dog food. Obviously it's both. 

gatecrasher

MrsTayla

@ gate, hey that was my trash talk. Gotta admit I'm gettin better, right? LOL

gatecrasher

That was probably the first trash talk I've seen from you, come to think about it....;D

bigeldofan

respect or not some of us knows this team and knows most of the kids personally and i can tell you they have heart and will be the winners of this game.

AHS06

Quote from: bigeldofan on November 28, 2010, 10:00:19 pm
respect or not some of us knows this team and knows most of the kids personally and i can tell you they have heart and will be the winners of this game.
The same is true here in Texarkana Razorback Country.  A lot of us know our  players (kids) personally.  You might want to ask some of your PB buddies about the determination of these Hogs.  They have heart, will fight to the end, and they will be the winners come Saturday. 

gatecrasher

The only way we lose is if they leave their minds back in El Dorado.

We are the better team and the final result will reflect that.

We ain't Searcy or Jonesboro. Play Pine Bluff again tomorrow and they beat yall....

ELDOWILDCAT88

I was there when Eldorado lost in the semi's to JA Fair (Cedric Cobbs and company) two years in a row! I was there in 2001 when we lost to Bentoville at WMS! I was there in 08 when lost to LH ! I was there when beat PB last year and I will be there this year when beat Texarkana! Wildcat football has always been a big part of my life ! This team has more determination then I ever seen ! This will be a close game but..........Eldo wins!

GO CATS GO!!!!!

Pat Swilling

Great to see Texarkana back in Champ game.  Too many athletes to stay down long.

AHS06

Quote from: gatecrasher on November 28, 2010, 10:53:51 pm

We ain't Searcy or Jonesboro. Play Pine Bluff again tomorrow and they beat yall....
Gate I thought you put the pipe down.  It is a proven fact that Eldorado and Texarkana matches up well in comparision.  You seem to forget the fact that this is the team that gave your Wildcats a victory earlier in the year.  Pine Bluff said the same thing "we aint Searcy or Jonesboro" and they all have something in common now.  Your Wildcats play the Zebras "tomorrow" I can assure you they would get beat.  We flat out beat PB last week. 

ricepig

Here's my take, if El Do is half the team their fans claim them to be, then El Do by 14+. Tex appeared to do just enough to beat Searcy and Jonesboro, however, they must have put it all together against PB. I think if El Do has a good secondary, they will take away the big play, Tex seems to have problems sustaining a long drive, but can hit home runs. Good luck to both teams.

6ASOUTHPURPLECAT

Quote from: AHS06 on November 29, 2010, 10:35:09 am

Gate I thought you put the pipe down.  It is a proven fact that Eldorado and Texarkana matches up well in comparision.  You seem to forget the fact that this is the team that gave your Wildcats a victory earlier in the year.  Pine Bluff said the same thing "we aint Searcy or Jonesboro" and they all have something in common now.  Your Wildcats play the Zebras "tomorrow" I can assure you they would get beat.  We flat out beat PB last week.

AHS06, yes we match up pretty well, however, when we played you guys before, there were several factors that kept the game close:

Questionable,  costly penalties....for one a pass interference call when your receiver FELL DOWN in front of our DB and our DB tripped over him, and the ball sailed over both their heads.

The game was in Texarkana, so some home field advantage there.

That game was the FOURTH road game in a ROW,  and we had homecoming that next week.  I picked it as a trap game at the beginning of the season.  You can go back and look at my posts and verify that.  I think the kids were looking ahead. 

We missed tackles and allowed some very key 3rd down conversions that kept you guys in the game.  Taylor Reed did not have  a good game.

I expect our boys to be focused and not overlooking you guys this week. Yes, go ahead and play up the revenge factor for beating you guys on a great last play effort after our boys had woke up and decided to play defense.  Don't think it will matter this week.  Could get ugly early.

AHS06

Quote from: 6ASOUTHPURPLECAT on November 29, 2010, 11:19:51 am
Quote from: AHS06 on November 29, 2010, 10:35:09 am

AHS06, yes we match up pretty well, however, when we played you guys before, there were several factors that kept the game close:

Questionable,  costly penalties....for one a pass interference call when your receiver FELL DOWN in front of our DB and our DB tripped over him, and the ball sailed over both their heads.

The game was in Texarkana, so some home field advantage there.

That game was the FOURTH road game in a ROW,  and we had homecoming that next week.  I picked it as a trap game at the beginning of the season.  You can go back and look at my posts and verify that.  I think the kids were looking ahead. 

We missed tackles and allowed some very key 3rd down conversions that kept you guys in the game.  Taylor Reed did not have  a good game.

I expect our boys to be focused and not overlooking you guys this week. Yes, go ahead and play up the revenge factor for beating you guys on a great last play effort after our boys had woke up and decided to play defense.  Don't think it will matter this week.  Could get ugly early.
Texarkana had MORE turnovers and penalities than Eldorado in that game. 

SantaHog

I just hope the officials don't take over the fourth quarter like they did in the first game.  I think both teams had 4th and 30+ yards to go. 

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas