• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Watson Chapel

Started by RD™, November 26, 2010, 10:34:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Father Guido

I believe the purpose of this thread was to bash Watson Chapel, but I'll weigh in on the 6A scandal.  My objection is that essentially the 6A is made up, (with the exception of possible a couple of legitimate contendersA), of the "old" 5A, (largest classification), cellar dwellers who whined about never having a chance to win ANYTHING. So the AAA decided, "Hey, we haven't done anything really stupid in a while, let's split the dang thing up and make two 16 team classifications, and just let them ALL go to the play offs!"  The voice of reason chimed in, though, and said, "Naw.  We can't do that." So the compromised and decided to not let the 2 bottom finishers in each conference of these TWO conference classifications go to the playoffs.  That seemed to quiet some of the skeptics, but was still stupid enough for the AAA to go for it.  Now, the 7A, with the largest schools has some really good football and they don't catch a lot of flack, but the 6A year in year out only has 3-4 teams that are very good, yet almost all of them can boast that, "Hey, we made the play offs." 

Bottom line is that the PERCEPTION of the 6A Classification as a whole is that they should still be the bottom 16 schools of the largest classification, instead of fabricating a watered down, half classification.  To me it's not a personal thing against any of the schools in 6A, it's just another on of the AAA's stupid ideas that needs to be done away with..  Why waste time and money allowing a 3-7 team in the play offs, (hypotheically)?

Now can we get back to bashing WC fans.?

wildcat_x-mgr

I think my question was slightly misunderstood, with all due respect. I was only asking how 6A is inferior to 5A when Watson Chapel did the same thing in both? It's not like they went undefeated and won a state title in 6A, only to not meet those standards in 5A, they actually went equally as far in the playoffs in both classifications.

Father Guido

You must not read the 5A board much, particularly during the summer.  WC fans were just giddy about dropping to 5A and telling EVERYBODY how they were just going to walk through the 5A without working up a sweat because they had been to the 6A Semis two years in a row and they were use to playing much tougher competition...blah, blah, blah.  They didn't dominate crap.  They went undefeated in a weak conference.  Beat a 4 seed, then caught Greenbrier on an off night, then got thumped.  They deserve what they are getting.  If Watson Chapel is a perrenial contender in 6A, then it ain't that much superior to 5A.  Maybe just a tad, but only about 4-5 teams.  The rest would me middle of the pack 5A teams.  El Do, Tex, and PB, sure, they would be at the top year in year out.  Heck, Harrison is on an even par with Mt. Home.  VB is a joke.

wildcat_x-mgr

I read on all the football boards year-round and know what talk you're talking about. :) And I agree on most of it. Your post may be the best one, and most realistic so far in comparing 6A to 5A. +1

My question wasn't about the hype or anything, just how one classification can be superior/inferior when the same team went the same distance in each one.

HowNowBrownCow

I know, lets play dodge ball!! My 848 from Searcy vs 2061 from Conway. Wonder who wins?

Father G says
"My objection is that essentially the 6A is made up, (with the exception of possible a couple of legitimate contendersA), of the "old" 5A, (largest classification), cellar dwellers who whined about never having a chance to win ANYTHING.

And their complaint makes no sense to you because? Be realistic, dude. I bet you would want your kid competing in that situation. HuH?

6A is so watered down I bet greenwood can't wait to move into it.

5Awest

Let's just end it by saying W.C. couldn't get done 6A or 5A maybe they should keep dropping till they get it done.

HowNowBrownCow

Father G, lets be careful.....

"then caught Greenbrier on an off night"

That poor excuse can be used by many. Would not be surprised if you used it yourself to describe your beloved bulldogs.

SingleWingGuru

Quote from: HowNowBrownCow on November 27, 2010, 11:12:50 pmWould not be surprised if you used it yourself to describe your beloved bulldogs.

Seldom, Father doesn't usually make any excuses for his team's performance.  He leaves that up to Watson Chapel.

Brian G

I was looking at the game threads for next week and I can't find Watson Chapel on any of them.

What gives? 

RD™

Quote from: B.G. on November 27, 2010, 11:43:34 pm
I was looking at the game threads for next week and I can't find Watson Chapel on any of them.

What gives? 
They are out delivering pizzas and giving away free "5A State Champion" T-shirts

Brian G

The wholesalers are making out like bandits.  I think a nice photo shop with

2009 6A champs
2010 5A Champs
2011 5A Champs
is in order.  Lots of room on those XL's.

xtremewildcat

Quote from: Father Guido on November 27, 2010, 09:28:19 pm
  If Watson Chapel is a perrenial contender in 6A, then it ain't that much superior to 5A.  Maybe just a tad, but only about 4-5 teams.  The rest would me middle of the pack 5A teams.  El Do, Tex, and PB, sure, they would be at the top year in year out.  Heck, Harrison is on an even par with Mt. Home.  VB is a joke.

A couple of things need to be added to your post.
VB shellacked one of the best teams in 5A.
WC shellacked the second best team in the 5A west.
ED shellacked the best(or second best) team in the 5A.
And the list goes on.
PB would be in the top ten of the 7A. I can make that argument based on who they beat on the field this year.

Like I said, the arguments of how weak the 6A is, can be made of ALL/EVERY/7A/5A..... classification in AR. That "FACT" seams to always be ignored by the same ole "limp" argument clowns who make that claim without backing it up with any analysis.

Father Guido

Quote from: HowNowBrownCow on November 27, 2010, 11:12:50 pm
Father G, lets be careful.....

"then caught Greenbrier on an off night"

That poor excuse can be used by many. Would not be surprised if you used it yourself to describe your beloved bulldogs.

Wasn't and excuse, nor a half truth.  I know what Greenbrier could do when they play ball the way they can.  Didn't say they would have beaten WC, just stated a fact.  You are reaching, trying to make your quest to expose half truth tellers seem valid.  Don't waste your time with me.  If I'm wrong, I'll admit it. Don't need a clowncow to point things out to me.

Father Guido

Quote from: wildcat_x-mgr on November 27, 2010, 09:47:11 pm
My question wasn't about the hype or anything, just how one classification can be superior/inferior when the same team went the same distance in each one.

I think that pretty much was my whole point.  IN THEORY, if a team loaded with returning starters drops down a class, wouldn't you expect them to do BETTER, instead of the same?  Especially since they went the SAME distance two years in a row in the higher class?  Hence the conclusion that said "higher class" must not be that much better.

Father Guido

Quote from: xtremewildcat on November 28, 2010, 07:56:15 am
Quote from: Father Guido on November 27, 2010, 09:28:19 pm
  If Watson Chapel is a perrenial contender in 6A, then it ain't that much superior to 5A.  Maybe just a tad, but only about 4-5 teams.  The rest would me middle of the pack 5A teams.  El Do, Tex, and PB, sure, they would be at the top year in year out.  Heck, Harrison is on an even par with Mt. Home.  VB is a joke.

A couple of things need to be added to your post.
VB shellacked one of the best teams in 5A.
WC shellacked the second best team in the 5A west.
ED shellacked the best(or second best) team in the 5A.
And the list goes on.
PB would be in the top ten of the 7A. I can make that argument based on who they beat on the field this year.

Like I said, the arguments of how weak the 6A is, can be made of ALL/EVERY/7A/5A..... classification in AR. That "FACT" seams to always be ignored by the same ole "limp" argument clowns who make that claim without backing it up with any analysis. 

Not sure what point you are trying to make here.  I assume the team VB "shellacked", is Alma.  So did Greenwood.  The #2 team WC "shellacked" would be Greenbrier.  So did Greenwood.  No argument from here on El Do and PB.

Brian G

Results speak for themselves.  Some people just are not good at accepting them or understanding them.

No one outside of 6A thinks they are worth a rip.  No one.  Now they have to prop up a very inferiors TX team as something it's not.  Good luck with that.

gatecrasher

November 28, 2010, 08:46:15 am #66 Last Edit: November 28, 2010, 08:49:05 am by gatecrasher
Opinions....

Look we don't care about all that crap.

We'll win Saturday, wind up in the top 4-5, and go about the business of trying to three-peat.

That's all I gotta say about that....till sometime later in the winter...;D

xtremewildcat

Quote from: B.G. on November 28, 2010, 08:21:55 am
Results speak for themselves.  Some people just are not good at accepting them or understanding them.

No one outside of 6A thinks they are worth a rip.  No one.  Now they have to prop up a very inferiors TX team as something it's not.  Good luck with that.

It's astonishing how people that are of this opinion, find themselves constantly voicing that opinion over and over and over. Most clowns do this. Then claim how no one cares. Ever notice that?

Brian G

Welcome to the 5A board.

xtremewildcat

Guido,

Honesty, would you attempt to make a case of 6A weakness by claiming how dominant GW is?
That means I could make a stronger case that the 5A is weak, cause GW got BBR'd by Shiloh.
I didn't see one single team from 6A getting molested by a lower classification team, the way the eventual state champion(or runner up) did against SC!!!

gatecrasher

Quote from: xtremewildcat on November 28, 2010, 09:10:33 am
Quote from: B.G. on November 28, 2010, 08:21:55 am

It's astonishing how people that are of this opinion, find themselves constantly voicing that opinion over and over and over. Most clowns do this. Then claim how no one cares. Ever notice that?
THIS

Brian G

November 28, 2010, 09:28:07 am #71 Last Edit: November 28, 2010, 09:31:11 am by B.G.
Yet here they are on the 5A forum.  Of course, the 6A board is just as dead as their class and the need for attention takes its usual trip to other boards.

You're not relevant.  Post until your fingers bleed and it won't change.

And trying to discredit me won't alter the landscape for your lack of importance.

gatecrasher

Quote from: B.G. on November 28, 2010, 09:28:07 am
Yet here they are on the 5A forum.  Of course, the 6A board is just as dead as their class and the need for attention takes its usual trip to other boards.

Again, merely one opinion.
The pollsters think otherwise.

So do the kids, which is way more relevant than anything you or I say on here.

xtremewildcat

And trying to discredit me won't alter the landscape for your lack of importance.

Notice how the head bozo always seam to say the same stuff over and over and never backs up what he claims with football statistics or analysis?
Know why?
Cause he played softball and volleyball in high school.
Go back to reporting on what you know best, buddy.

Michael Scott

Quote from: xtremewildcat on November 28, 2010, 09:21:28 am
That means I could make a stronger case that the 5A is weak, cause GW got BBR'd by Shiloh.
That may be true...but they didn't get BBR'd by Shiloh as bad as Watson Chapel did...just sayin

Father Guido

Guido,

Honesty, would you attempt to make a case of 6A weakness by claiming how dominant GW is?
I didn't see one single team from 6A getting molested by a lower classification team, the way the eventual state champion(or runner up) did against SC!!!

Not one of your better posts, my friend.  I wasn't trying to claim GW dominance, just refuting your posts.  WC also got brow beaten by Shiloh.  Shiloh and P.A. should not be considered average, or truly representative of the 4A.

I can think of 4 or 5 6A teams right off the top of my head that could not compete in 5A.  That's almost 1/3 of the classification.  Mt. Home lost to two, non-playoff 5A teams this year...

But, I think you'll agree, this is NOT the place to be hashing out the classifications.  We should be bashing WC and their boneheaded fans here.  Start a new thread for this.  I'm done here.

xtremewildcat

Quote from: Michael Scott on November 28, 2010, 09:44:22 am
That may be true...but they didn't get BBR'd by Shiloh as bad as Watson Chapel did...just sayin

Which makes my point even better how you could make the case that the 5A classification is weak.
Look Guido is correct, this topic is getting old. But, you people should chastise the clowns that keep trying to bring this up, not the ones who simply respond.

gatecrasher

November 28, 2010, 10:25:52 am #77 Last Edit: November 28, 2010, 10:28:39 am by gatecrasher
Quote from: xtremewildcat on November 28, 2010, 09:34:35 am

Notice how the head bozo always seam to say the same stuff over and over and never backs up what he claims with football statistics or analysis?
Know why?
Cause he played softball and volleyball in high school.
Go back to reporting on what you know best, buddy.
BWHAHAHA!

Brian G

Inaccuracy about others and begging for attention are music to my ears.  Perfectly predictable posting from the illegitimate children of Arkansas football.

27trap

Please,Please,Please you guys........we need WC.  Since Marin went up to 6A  we haven't had anyone that will ''PUNISH''..........

gatecrasher

Begging for attention?

I'm not that important today.

BHS

Guido,

You didn't see one 6A team get molested by a lower class?  MH (terrible, but def in the 6A) was down 50-0 to Batesville at half.  Your Welcome

xtremewildcat

Quote from: *Coach on November 28, 2010, 02:03:33 pm
Guido,

You didn't see one 6A team get molested by a lower class?  MH (terrible, but def in the 6A) was down 50-0 to Batesville at half.  Your Welcome

Wow, I really didn't think anyone would have been stupid enough to take that bait.
So you are now comparing GW to MH? Boy, where did you come from?
You need to go mind your own business. There was a reason why, no one with a lick of sense, bit on that one.

xtremewildcat

November 28, 2010, 03:58:21 pm #83 Last Edit: November 28, 2010, 05:16:25 pm by xtremewildcat
"6A people pushing"

Eddie, you are getting about as bad as QF use to be. I actually use to have a bit of respect for you, even though I disagreed with just about everything you posted.
Why don't you try asking your brother, to end the jihad and do what he is more qualified doing?
Quit crying like a bunch of urine filled diaper little babies and leave our name out of your mouth. And I promise you, you won't hear from us. Kinda the lesson the 7A people learned.

Brian G

thebigshot

why is this even on the 6A board?

xtremewildcat

Quote from: thebigshot on November 28, 2010, 04:19:54 pm

Go to the 5a board and read what Eddie Monster posted about the 6A posters. Evidently he can't read or he is becoming another QF.

Paw-Paw

Eddie moved it from the 5A Board b/c it evolve about talking about WC to the 6A Playoffs.

xtremewildcat

Quote from: SingleWingGuru on November 27, 2010, 02:10:26 pm
Quote from: B.G. on November 26, 2010, 10:40:35 pm
There failure and the fact that 6A ED lost to a non-finalist 7A team further strengthens all arguments about the inferiority of 6A ball.

Only the delusional 6A fans don't realize how bad the 6A is.  Any unbiased person with a set of eyes can see how bad the entire classification is.  That's why I say make it bigger.  Let Greenwood, Alma, Siloam Springs come in and knock them around until they learn how to play real ball.

These were the first and second punches thrown.
I actually didn't respond to the first one because it was thrown like a strike from a 50 year old effeminate.
I responded to SW, because he typically displays a bit of football knowledge. How many threads has Booty Goblin tried to do this? I count at least three a week.

RD™

Quote from: xtremewildcat on November 28, 2010, 04:40:24 pm

Go to the 5a board and read what Eddie Monster posted about the 6A posters. Evidently he can't read or he is becoming another QF.
Watch your comments, you tread water lightly.

Eddie Goodson

Quote from: RD™ on November 28, 2010, 05:30:19 pm

Nothing says fail like calling someone a name and calling it wrong.

Eddie Monster huh?

He must not have gotten the memo, I was QF.

Brian G

Nothing like a QF reference to make my day.

xtremewildcat

Quote from: RD™ on November 28, 2010, 05:30:19 pm

Let me ask "you" a question.
Are you not getting the least bit tired of this?
Is there not one person, in authority, that has told your brother:
"Hey man, this is getting old(us coming to your aid after you have insulted a large group of people)"
"Can you kill it?"

Look, we all have been there. One guy from the group continues to start fights, when we all go out together. Then "we" have to keep leaving our women so we can stop the jerk from reading some guy's Nike's!!!
And you know what, the jerk does the same thing your brother does after blows have been thrown.
He cries: "WHAT"? "Why was he skull dragging me?"

Brian G

TTofGreenwood

BHS

Quote from: xtremewildcat on November 28, 2010, 03:30:19 pm
Quote from: *Coach on November 28, 2010, 02:03:33 pm
Guido,

Wow, I really didn't think anyone would have been stupid enough to take that bait.
So you are now comparing GW to MH? Boy, where did you come from?
You need to go mind your own business. There was a reason why, no one with a lick of sense, bit on that one.

No 6A team got molested by a lower classification team.  that was said.  I found one.  Not baiting anybody, I don't get excited about stuff like that.  I just wanted to prove somebody wrong, and I did.  Your welcome.

gatecrasher

Mountain Home? Really?

There are schools in 3A that would wipe the floor with Mountain Home just down the street from my house.

SingleWingGuru

Quote from: gatecrasher on November 28, 2010, 10:56:31 pm
Mountain Home? Really?

There are schools in 3A that would wipe the floor with Mountain Home just down the street from my house.

The weakest MH team I ever played on strolled right down to El Do and gave them everything they could handle. :-)  I'm dating myself.

MH is in no way shape or form representative of most 6A teams, however, I'd like to point out that MH has won a few conference games, tied for a conference championship, and went to a state championship in the 6A era.

These teams were not teams that could have been competative in the 5A or 7A, maybe not even 4A.

The fact that MH has been competative at times in this era is not a good sign for the 6A's credibility.  Shane Patrick was a great coach, but hardly a miracle worker.

gatecrasher

I remember that game...2001 first round game. We won by a 13-7 score.

I spent the whole game cussing up a storm because Register wouldn't open things up...had we spread the ball around we would have named the score. Instead, the Bombers put everyone in the box and stuffed the run.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas