• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Watson Chapel

Started by RDâ„¢, November 26, 2010, 10:34:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

SingleWingGuru

Quote from: gatecrasher on November 28, 2010, 11:27:18 pm
I remember that game...2001 first round game. We won by a 13-7 score.

I spent the whole game cussing up a storm because Register wouldn't open things up...had we spread the ball around we would have named the score. Instead, the Bombers put everyone in the box and stuffed the run.

Ha, we were equally as hacked with the last play of the game. :-)

Register was right and very smart, we had the dbacks to smother the pass.  You guys were much better off running right at me.

HowNowBrownCow

Did a little research to help fuel this fire. Being how this bashing of WC somehow included the 6A being inferior to the 5A. Not claiming perfection by any means here, just checked records.

6A teams who lost to 5A teams in 2010 - 10
6A teams who lost to 4A teams in 2010 -   4
6A teams who lost to 3A teams in 2010 -   1

5A teams who lost to 4A teams in 2010 - 21
5A teams who lost to 3A teams in 2010 -   2

Maybe the 5A West Divas are wrong about the superior 5A?
Sure looks like the 5A is watered down a little more than boasted about.

Paw-Paw

Quote from: HowNowBrownCow on November 29, 2010, 12:02:46 am
Did a little research to help fuel this fire. Being how this bashing of WC somehow included the 6A being inferior to the 5A. Not claiming perfection by any means here, just checked records.

Go pull up who those schools played and what their current/final record is. 5A has awful teams just like everyone else and I can guarantee that a majority of them are below .500 for the year.

I think it is not so much the "5A mindset" as it is Western Superiority.

Class 7A is once again going to the Western Div., The 6A is the next 16 schools the AAA cut out of the old 7A smaller members with ZERO west members (VB is considered 6A East), 5A is the next 32 schools and Greenwood should win Saturday so the Western Div should have 2 titles, then 4A has Shiloh and that'll make 3 titles, and as far as the 3A and 2A are concerned I am not sure who is left.   

HowNowBrownCow

No argument on the dominance of the west. History shows that. 5A football has been dominated by Greenwood, Alma, Batesville, and Wynne.

Greenwood - Nuff said
Alma - Tradition to get there again
Batesville - Always a factor
Wynne - Slipping away, but once very tough on people
Monticello - Last year proved what is down there
Camden Fairview - Making move in the right direction
Greenbriar - Has the coaching at the moment to stick around
Watson Chapel - 3 Semi in three years say something is going right
Vilonia - Not sure
Mills - Has shown their face, but nothing major yet.

xtremewildcat

November 29, 2010, 07:55:39 am #104 Last Edit: November 29, 2010, 10:07:42 am by xtremewildcat
Quote from: HowNowBrownCow on November 29, 2010, 12:02:46 am

When I ask people to use "football analysis", in backing up their position, this is what I'm taliking about. Doesn't matter if what you post proves me wrong. I don't care. At least post some kind of data to prove your point.
Thank you sir.

This is the complete opposite of what a certain snot nose "kitty" does.
This young man has done more to prove his point in one post than the other who has come on here for three whole years and only produces a "limp wrist" argument.

AHS06

5A Camden will win the 5A crown, and that is the same Camden team that was stomped by Eldorado.

xtremewildcat

Quote from: AHS06 on November 29, 2010, 10:36:17 am
5A Camden will win the 5A crown, and that is the same Camden team that was stomped by Eldorado.

Not only will they win, they will win by at least ten.

gatecrasher

Fairview will not beat Greenwood. That's a different animal up there in Sebastian Co....

basscactchinfool

Well it's ended it was a great game this past friday at wildcat stadium. The camden fairview cardinals won the game fair and square they moved the ball without making mistakes and WC did not. It was a very close contest and well played by both teams. Both teams and both coaches showed a lot of class. I wish my wildcats were in the championship game just like everyone else wishes their team was. But the bottom line is they are not. The 5A conference will be represented in the championship game by two very good football teams. Good luck to both teams. And congratulations on making it to the big game..

wildcat_x-mgr

Quote from: Father Guido on November 28, 2010, 08:06:53 am
Quote from: wildcat_x-mgr on November 27, 2010, 09:47:11 pm
My question wasn't about the hype or anything, just how one classification can be superior/inferior when the same team went the same distance in each one.

I think that pretty much was my whole point.  IN THEORY, if a team loaded with returning starters drops down a class, wouldn't you expect them to do BETTER, instead of the same?  Especially since they went the SAME distance two years in a row in the higher class?  Hence the conclusion that said "higher class" must not be that much better.

I see now that I didn't properly state my case. I apologize.

I wasn't trying to say that 6A is so superior to 5A, but only arguing against the statement of the 6A being a total peewee joke compared to every other classification. If this was the case, then a top 5 team in 6A that dropped down to 5A would be a bottom-dweller in any conference, rather than go equally as far.

xtremewildcat

First of all,
Last year, WC had a QB that was 6.3 230lbs. A RB that was 220. And a full back that was 210.
They also had a Coleman as a receiver. They also had a couple d-linemen that were tough. They all were seniors last year. That team coulda won the 6A if they were coached by coach Reed.

This year, WC was good. Last year was a very special team. I was very hesitant in saying WC would walk all over the 5A with all those players gone. They are not at a point in their program to spit out that kind of talent every year.

dmancatfan

If only somehow finalists from 5A state and 6A state could meet.. Perhaps El Dorado and Camden could somehow get together and see which division champ is superior.. Oh wait, they did. What a close call that was for ELDo. Gimme a break, ELDo would dominate 5A. So would PB, TK, LH, and maybe Jonesboro haha. I'll take 6A top 5 over 5A top 5 any day.

AHS06

Quote from: wildcat_x-mgr on November 30, 2010, 09:49:01 pm
Quote from: Father Guido on November 28, 2010, 08:06:53 am
Quote from: wildcat_x-mgr on November 27, 2010, 09:47:11 pm
My question wasn't about the hype or anything, just how one classification can be superior/inferior when the same team went the same distance in each one.

I think that pretty much was my whole point.  IN THEORY, if a team loaded with returning starters drops down a class, wouldn't you expect them to do BETTER, instead of the same?  Especially since they went the SAME distance two years in a row in the higher class?  Hence the conclusion that said "higher class" must not be that much better.

I see now that I didn't properly state my case. I apologize.

I wasn't trying to say that 6A is so superior to 5A, but only arguing against the statement of the 6A being a total peewee joke compared to every other classification. If this was the case, then a top 5 team in 6A that dropped down to 5A would be a bottom-dweller in any conference, rather than go equally as far.
The top 5 in 6A would completely stomp the top 5 in 5A.  Last year WC team was better than this year.  My question to 5A is why not give WC credit for making to the semi?  Some 5A posters stated they would not even make it that far.   

Example:  Eldorado completely demolished Camden

BHS

ElDo, yes.

Jboro barely beat GCT...Tex barely beat jboro.  I don't think I have to explain that.

PB beat WC by 4...CF already proved they were better than that too. 

You can discuss this all you want, but the fact is both classifications are top heavy this year and usually every other year.

Eldo would beat anybody in 5A.  I don't think all of the other teams would though, they would be fighting to get to the championship. 

dmancatfan

Sooo PB is barely better than WC, who lost to CF who got destroyed by ELDo, which means CF>PB????
If you don't think PB or LH would own the 5A then you need to reevaluate your existence.

BHS

Quote from: dmancatfan on December 01, 2010, 02:59:47 pm
Sooo PB is barely better than WC, who lost to CF who got destroyed by ELDo, which means CF>PB????
If you don't think PB or LH would own the 5A then you need to reevaluate your existence.

They absolutely would NOT own the 5A. They might win, but they sure wouldn't own it. 

dmancatfan

So if PB was to move down to the 5A southeast they wouldn't win it every year with WC right behind them 9 out of 10 times? Or if LH was to drop to the 5A southwest they wouldn't put up 50 a night?

BHS

Owning the entire 5A class and owning a weak conference are two entirely different things.

xtremewildcat

Coach,

You should go back and read my "dissertation", on how all of the classifications are basically the same. Have been for the whole 25 years I have been following HS football. You and I may agree more than you think.
I even broke it down on the % of teams in each class that were elite, good, fair, and poor. All 6 classification broke down almost identically.

dmancatfan

Quote from: *Coach on December 01, 2010, 03:33:02 pm
Owning the entire 5A class and owning a weak conference are two entirely different things.

I just don't see PB or LH not making it to state every year in 5A.

BHS

Quote from: dmancatfan on December 01, 2010, 09:39:39 pm
Quote from: *Coach on December 01, 2010, 03:33:02 pm

I just don't see PB or LH not making it to state every year in 5A.

Then you don't know the 5A very well.

BHS

Quote from: xtremewildcat on December 01, 2010, 03:46:20 pm
Coach,

You should go back and read my "dissertation", on how all of the classifications are basically the same. Have been for the whole 25 years I have been following HS football. You and I may agree more than you think.
I even broke it down on the % of teams in each class that were elite, good, fair, and poor. All 6 classification broke down almost identically.

Where is it?

zebradynasty

I have stayed out of this foolishness for as long as I could but finally...you got me! First, why is this thread even on the 6A board but for no other reason to indulge the childish whims of a select few. As to the debate, why do the same people that argue up, down, sideways the many reasons why 6A can't beat 7A the lack of size, depth, coaching, community support...Yet when the argument changes to 6A vs 5A that same logic cannot apply? You take the top 6A programs and put them in 5A and you can bet that each year those top programs would be in the final four or play for the 5A state champ EVERY year!

xtremewildcat

Quote from: BHS on December 02, 2010, 08:09:42 am
Quote from: xtremewildcat on December 01, 2010, 03:46:20 pm
Coach,

Where is it?

Go to my profie. Look at my post history. Then go back. I did an abbreviated version just here recently. This subject tends to come up about twice a year. There are always a bunch of football "fans" that seem to think their classification is always the strongest and most competitive. I have not seen one yet.
To sum it up:
In every classification:
You have one or two elite teams. They always seem to be at the top every year.
About 10-20% are good teams. They will have teams that may make it to the top every once in a while. But mostly, they lose in the semi's.
About 30-60 are average teams. No explanation needed.
The rest are teams that always put poor products on the field.
I've noticed that the good teams/average teams change from time to time. But the poor teams tend to stay poor for a long time.
All of the classifications have these tendencies. Even with the 7A and 6A being watered down, they display the same tendencies.
All of the rubbish of this classification being weaker than the next, has never been proved, using statistical data. It's always some bucktooth clown making that claim, to get people stirred up.

Brian G

6A sucks.  Period.  Write another 30 paragraphs with your theory and it doesn't change.

bigeldofan

eddie is mad because his prediction of magnolia being dominant this year was way off. b.g. loves 6a so much especially eldo that he cant help him self. ahs coming on during the playoffs just goes to show how tough a 6a south team can get as time goes on. just like southside starts out slow then gets going. btw those coaches learned their trade in eldo.

BHS

Quote from: zebradynasty on December 02, 2010, 09:21:30 am
I have stayed out of this foolishness for as long as I could but finally...you got me! First, why is this thread even on the 6A board but for no other reason to indulge the childish whims of a select few. As to the debate, why do the same people that argue up, down, sideways the many reasons why 6A can't beat 7A the lack of size, depth, coaching, community support...Yet when the argument changes to 6A vs 5A that same logic cannot apply? You take the top 6A programs and put them in 5A and you can bet that each year those top programs would be in the final four or play for the 5A state champ EVERY year!

Wrong, but they might make it to the semi's occasionally.  Like I said earlier, ElDo is the only team that would do it this year.  WC was one of your top programs the last two years, and they lost in the semi's.  I think the same would happen to every other team in the 6A besides Eldo.  I would put Gwood against any team in 6A and give them the edge over them except for Eldo.  That is an opinion, and you have your own as well. 

xtremewildcat

Quote from: B.G. on December 02, 2010, 09:37:16 am
6A sucks.  Period.  Write another 30 paragraphs with your theory and it doesn't change.

Enter the Bucktooth Clown. Actually, the head clown, Bozo!

xtremewildcat

Quote from: BHS on December 02, 2010, 09:58:40 am
Quote from: zebradynasty on December 02, 2010, 09:21:30 am

Wrong, but they might make it to the semi's occasionally.  Like I said earlier, ElDo is the only team that would do it this year.  WC was one of your top programs the last two years, and they lost in the semi's.  I think the same would happen to every other team in the 6A besides Eldo.  I would put Gwood against any team in 6A and give them the edge over them except for Eldo.  That is an opinion, and you have your own as well. 

Cool, I can diggit.
I will wait till after I personally see them Saturday to make my judgment on GW.
I wanna see their size, depth, speed, and "football discipline", before I have an opinion on their relevance in the mighty 6A.

BHS

You sure won't be impressed by their size.  As far as the discipline goes, I would put them with the top in the state in any class.  Rick Jones is one heck of a coach!  Speed is okay, but their mistake free football is what makes them so good.  They have an efficient offense, but not explosive like the past.  I think that CF will hang with them though.

xtremewildcat

^^^^ Am I the only one on here that is getting very excited about this football weekend?

Eddie Goodson

Has it really come to this? The 6A lost the argument that they can still compete with the 7A so they've had to now turn to the argument that they would dominate the 5A. Funny funny stuff. It's your own fault you're hung there in never never land. You wanted this stupid class system, now you've got it.

Would the top schools in the 6A have great success in the 5A? Of course you would. How pitiful would you be if you couldn't?

xtremewildcat

December 02, 2010, 10:58:22 am #132 Last Edit: December 02, 2010, 11:00:14 am by xtremewildcat
Note to anyone reading this and is trying to remain objective.
This thread was derailed by EG's brother who has a jihad against people from the 6A. Do I need to show you the post again. The conversation then led posters to claims of how the 5A west would dominate the 6A. Then you had 6A posters responding. I know people don't read old post in thread, that's why I make sure that certain clowns don't get away with their foolio tricks.

zebradynasty

Wait how is the 6A turning the argument around was a 6A supporter responsible for starting this thread on the 6A board? This whole thing started with some 5A posters having beef with WC! 6A has nothing do with WC next thing I know I am reading post saying 5A would beat 6A head to head! Keeping it 100% ...yes,  there are some bad program in the 6A but our top 4 or 5 are good. Anyone that thinks 5A best is better that's an opinion that has never been proven on the field. This whole argument is fashioned around one team GREENWOOD! Otherwise there is absolutely no evidence to indicate that Batesville, CF, WC, Greenbriar ??? would do any better in 6A. So how can ONE team make the WHOLE classification superior?

BHS

Quote from: zebradynasty on December 02, 2010, 11:47:16 am
Wait how is the 6A turning the argument around was a 6A supporter responsible for starting this thread on the 6A board? This whole thing started with some 5A posters having beef with WC! 6A has nothing do with WC next thing I know I am reading post saying 5A would beat 6A head to head! Keeping it 100% ...yes,  there are some bad program in the 6A but our top 4 or 5 are good. Anyone that thinks 5A best is better that's an opinion that has never been proven on the field. This whole argument is fashioned around one team GREENWOOD! Otherwise there is absolutely no evidence to indicate that Batesville, CF, WC, Greenbriar ??? would do any better in 6A. So how can ONE team make the WHOLE classification superior?

There is actually no evidence that Gwood would do better either...Just like there is no evidence that the top schools in 6A (besides eldo) would do well in 5A.  Just opinions, like I said earlier. 

zebradynasty

Greenwood in the past has done well against larger classifications. You keep harping on Eldorado..no doubt they have a good team but they didn't just waltz through the 6A. WC played them close last year PB actually beat them and only lost by 7 in the state championship! True it's an opinion but I can articulate several reasons for mine. All of which are better than "Cause I don't like 6A"! Explain to me why TX,PB, LH would somehow struggle in 5A?

dmancatfan

This is ridiculous. If you were to put Greenwood in the 6A south they would finish 4th, ELDo, PB, LH, then GW. If ELDo is the cream of the 6A and PB put up 400 rushing yards on us, then you're an idiot if you don't think PB would run circles around Greenwood's defense. 

SingleWingGuru

Quote from: dmancatfan on December 02, 2010, 01:05:15 pm
This is ridiculous. If you were to put Greenwood in the 6A south they would finish 4th, ELDo, PB, LH, then GW. If ELDo is the cream of the 6A and PB put up 400 rushing yards on us, then you're an idiot if you don't think PB would run circles around Greenwood's defense. 

uhhhhhhhhhhhh....

dmancatfan

Quote from: SingleWingGuru on December 02, 2010, 01:07:04 pm

uhhhhhhhhhhhh....

Ahh. Exactly.

xtremewildcat

December 02, 2010, 01:37:54 pm #139 Last Edit: December 02, 2010, 01:44:21 pm by xtremewildcat
This is ridiculous. If you were to put Greenwood in the 6A south they would finish 4Th, ELDo, PB, LH, then GW. If ELDo is the cream of the 6A and PB put up 400 rushing yards on us, then you're an idiot if you don't think PB would run circles around Greenwood's defense. 

Believe it or not, that's a huge compliment. The same was said about ED a couple of weeks ago, by a guy that didn't realize how much of a compliment that is. Some people don't realize how much school size weighs in to the size and depth of a team. When you get 6 games in and you have 3 or 4 kids out with injury, it makes a huge difference. That's why I laugh at the clowns who make the claim that football from a lower classification is inferior. If you notice, most of those leotard wearing bozos, have never put on a helmet and pads in their life. A couple of them actually never even played sports.

dmancatfan

Quote from: xtremewildcat on December 02, 2010, 01:37:54 pm
This is ridiculous. If you were to put Greenwood in the 6A south they would finish 4Th, ELDo, PB, LH, then GW. If ELDo is the cream of the 6A and PB put up 400 rushing yards on us, then you're an idiot if you don't think PB would run circles around Greenwood's defense. 

Believe it or not, that's a huge compliment. The same was said about ED a couple of weeks ago, by a guy that didn't realize how much of a compliment that is. Some people don't realize how much school size weighs in to the size and depth of a team. When you get 6 games in and you have 3 or 4 kids out with injury, it makes a huge difference. That's why I laugh at the clowns who make the claim that football from a lower classification is inferior. If you notice, most of those leotard wearing bozos, have never put on a helmet and pads in their life. A couple of them actually never even played sports.

What? Something about leotards and bozos. Anywho, I guess I'm not on the level as  you to see how giving up 400 rushing yards is a compliment. That's bad, in any classification.

xtremewildcat

^^^^^^ SHHHHHHHHHHH,
Every team has a weak spot. SH and PB saw it. Or maybe they were big enough to exploit it.

gatecrasher

We
Won
The
Game.

Nothing else matters.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas