• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Texarkana at Pine Bluff II

Started by urban legend, November 20, 2010, 12:40:09 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Texarkana_Piggie

So I see aha figured out the pb rb problem!  Congrats hogs!!! 

Txk_Hawg

November 26, 2010, 09:59:38 pm #51 Last Edit: November 26, 2010, 10:01:23 pm by Txk_Hawg
Too bad the PB bleacher creatures that sit on the visitor's side had to sneak out with their tails tucked between their legs!  Looks like Texarkana fans get the last laugh!

Way to go Hogs!

urban legend

It was moreso Texarkana took advantage of PB's secondary and inability to pass the ball vertically down the field. Putting 9-10 in the box every down slowed PB's ground game just a tad, but it didn't by any means stop it. Texarkana played what I'm thinking was its most complete game of the season and did so specifically because they never got down on themselves, never quit after falling behind by 10. The stop on PB's fake punt, in my opinion, gave Texarkana the belief that they could win. Ultimately, they did.

Hoghead

Congrats to Arkansas High ! Playing for a State Title again !

zebrafan

Good game congrats to Texarkana. Hate to see the Zebras season end but this was a rebuilding year and we went (10-2) so I'm glad for that, have a decent amount returning....see ya next season.

Texarkana_Piggie

I didn't get to see or listen to the game. I was being a good mom at a Selena Gomez concert. I'm proud of the hogs and glad but surprised they won. I plan on being in the rock sat to cheer them on!

thebigshot

I said it all year..... Said it before playoffs. That Texarkana will fool you in a second when it's giving to them.... It happen tonight !!!! That's why I picked them to win and now look what happen.... Texarkana is somebody you don't want to play and I tried to tell a few folks they would win this week but nobody would listen...... Texarkana is the last team I wanna play in the championship game...

urban legend

They showed a whole lot of character and determination tonight. They never quit and that, I think more than anything, is why they'll be playing next Saturday night.

MrsTayla

Congrats Hogs! I'm not surprised the Razorbacks won. When they dig in and play the game that they  are capable of,then winning is the reward. Like I said before: any team can win on any given night. The better team won tonight! Go Hogs! 

Hoghead

Quote from: thebigshot on November 26, 2010, 10:13:48 pm
I said it all year..... Said it before playoffs. That Texarkana will fool you in a second when it's giving to them.... It happen tonight !!!! That's why I picked them to win and now look what happen.... Texarkana is somebody you don't want to play and I tried to tell a few folks they would win this week but nobody would listen...... Texarkana is the last team I wanna play in the championship game...
Ask Jonesboro, now ask Pine Bluff. Congrats to Texarkana !

LH_DAD

Congrats to AHS!  I had said I was not impressed with your team earlier in the year.  I am now impressed.  Good luck @ WMS!

zebrafan

Quick question for Hog fans, is this Texarkana team mostly seniors or?

MrsTayla

I'm pretty sure the answer to your question is no.

AHS06

Quote from: FearDEMZs on November 22, 2010, 10:18:20 am
Quote from: gatecrasher on November 21, 2010, 10:41:02 pm
you're kidding right?
Those wins against the East have these folks delusional!!! This is the same AHS team that lost to PB after a big LH game.....a mercy rule could be in effect Friday night.
Mery Rule....LOL  Talking about those East teams, PB was beat worse 42-28.  Where are all the Zebra fans now?  The down side to this upset of the year, is after the game there was more than 7 Texarkana cars broken into.

Coach Venny Slocombe

Quote from: AHS06 on November 28, 2010, 11:52:43 am
you're kidding right?
Those wins against the East have these folks delusional!!! This is the same AHS team that lost to PB after a big LH game.....a mercy rule could be in effect Friday night.
Mery Rule....LOL  Talking about those East teams, PB was beat worse 42-28.  Where are all the Zebra fans now?  The down side to this upset of the year, is after the game there was more than 7 Texarkana cars broken into.
No way! Not in that beautiful city of Pine Bluff...NO WAY! lol...5A in two years...dump...

closetzebra

Hater you are, huh? There are plenty of parts of Pine Bluff that are pleasant to be in- and there are also quality people that live there. What's the point in hatin' like that? I don't get it.

Back to football- good season Z's.  Hearing, "we're young, and ahead of schedule" despite its validity- is no comfort right now for the coaches and players who worked their butts off this season and hate losing.  But its true. PB will be back.

gatecrasher

We may take a step back next year. If that happens yall better take advantage before we return things to normal in 6A...

gatecrasher

We may take a step back next year. If that happens yall better take advantage before we return things to normal in 6A...

AHS06

Quote from: gatecrasher on November 29, 2010, 08:25:57 pm
Just curious what do you mean "before we return things to normal in 6A?"

urban legend

Not a
Quote from: Coach Venny Slocombe on November 29, 2010, 12:21:18 pm
you're kidding right?
No way! Not in that beautiful city of Pine Bluff...NO WAY! lol...5A in two years...dump...

Not at all sure why or even the reasoning that comment even came out. Do you not know that every city in this country has its good and its bad? I'm guessing you've probably never lived in PB and only go by what you've heard, right? C'mon dawg. And for the record, had my car broken into in both Springdale and Benton a few years ago, but that has nothing to do with the cities in general.

Coach Venny Slocombe

Quote from: urban legend on November 30, 2010, 01:44:46 pm
Not a
you're kidding right?

Not at all sure why or even the reasoning that comment even came out. Do you not know that every city in this country has its good and its bad? I'm guessing you've probably never lived in PB and only go by what you've heard, right? C'mon dawg. And for the record, had my car broken into in both Springdale and Benton a few years ago, but that has nothing to do with the cities in general.
Had to work there for almost a year. The place is a dump. Went back to see some friends about a year ago and it has gotten worse...and it seemed as though the smell was worse this go-round...how long you lived there ZD...

bigeldofan

every town has bad crime areas it is called drugs and no town is immuned. i have family in pb and travel to pb quiet often and never had a problem. there is def places in eldo you dont go to every town has the bad side of town.

gatecrasher

AHS06...
If we do take that step back di you really think we're gonna stay there?

Fact is is EXPECTED that we compete for a state championship EVERY YEAR. That is the bar that has now been set.

Our only real question mark is QB. If Lil Reed (his name is Lucas) can step in next year and do the job, then this is all moot and yall will be hating us three-peating arsses....

Hoghead

Quote from: bigeldofan on November 30, 2010, 07:02:14 pm
every town has bad crime areas it is called drugs and no town is immuned. i have family in pb and travel to pb quiet often and never had a problem. there is def places in eldo you dont go to every town has the bad side of town.
+1  I've been to almost every County in Arkansas (70 out of 75) and guess what ? In everyone I worked the bad side of town. I was in the bad guy vs good guy business at one time. I don't care if you're in Calico Rock or Little Rock there's crime, meth heads, crack heads, thief's and murderers. They don't all live on the bad side of town either.

AHS06

Quote from: gatecrasher on November 30, 2010, 10:12:07 pm
AHS06...
If we do take that step back di you really think we're gonna stay there?

Fact is is EXPECTED that we compete for a state championship EVERY YEAR. That is the bar that has now been set.

Our only real question mark is QB. If Lil Reed (his name is Lucas) can step in next year and do the job, then this is all moot and yall will be hating us three-peating arsses....
Every team expects to win every year.  Your team is no different then any other team in setting goals and expectations for the season.  Your team is trying to accomplish back to back titles something that Texarkana already has. 

dmancatfan

Quote from: urban legend on November 30, 2010, 01:44:46 pm
Not a
you're kidding right?

I don't know too much about the city of Pine Bluff, but I do know it's the only stadium where I've had beer bottles thrown at me from Pine Bluff fans sitting on the visitor side. Also, it's the only stadium where I've witnessed gambling by once again, PB fans. I'm sure the city is a wonderful place where children run the streets and ride bicycles and purchase items from ice cream trucks on a daily basis.

Scorp

Quoteevery town has the bad side of town.

In PB's case ....  it's anywhere within the city limits!

zebradynasty

Funny how all these stories from visitors at PB games but when I check with the local law enforcement they don't have any reports of the incidents. Oh well like is said don't believe everything you read on the internet!

AHS06

Quote from: zebradynasty on December 01, 2010, 05:36:07 pm
Funny how all these stories from visitors at PB games but when I check with the local law enforcement they don't have any reports of the incidents. Oh well like is said don't believe everything you read on the internet!
That is a bold face lie, whoever you spoke with in your local law enforcement needs to resign their position.  I know for a fact that there were at least 7 reports last Friday night.  Heck I filled out one of them, along with other Texarkana fans and one Pine Bluff fan. 

gatecrasher

Well AHS06...
Yall have been largely irrelevant since your last title. Now you're this year's Cinderella.

You are not at the level where it's demanded that you are competing fir titles.

We are...

Texarkana_Piggie

one of the cars that got broken into was a teacher i work with.  got her purse and some other things. 

AHS06

Quote from: Texarkana_Piggie on December 01, 2010, 08:23:49 pm
one of the cars that got broken into was a teacher i work with.  got her purse and some other things.
Some people just can't seem to realize that their city is a dump, or maybe they just have not been outside of their city to understand that there are better places.

Texarkana_Piggie

i talked to the teacher i work with this morning.  she told me that there were 3 or 4 cars by hers that had the windows busted out and purses stolen out of their cars.  when the officer came to take their statement and make a report, he told her they had already worked 7 in the other side of the visitors parking lot.  so there were 10-11 cars broken into.  she also said what whoever it was did was go along and if there were purses in the cars, they broke the window and stole the purse out.  one of the cars they stole a purse of had 2 guns in th trunk (he'd been hunting) and a wallet in the glove compartment that were all untouched.  they just took the purse.  she called the superintendent of pb schools monday to talk to him about the incident and she said he was very unhelpful and rude.  she has a call into the AAA.

zebradynasty

PB doesn't have a visitors parking lot. Not sure what the Superintendant is suppose to do about a police matter? Also, it's against the law to bring a firearm on school property so I wouldn't go around telling that!

I have not checked with my contacts so I was not specifically talking about this incident in the past several internet rumors did not pan out.

AHS06

Quote from: Texarkana_Piggie on December 02, 2010, 12:44:28 pm
i talked to the teacher i work with this morning.  she told me that there were 3 or 4 cars by hers that had the windows busted out and purses stolen out of their cars.  when the officer came to take their statement and make a report, he told her they had already worked 7 in the other side of the visitors parking lot.  so there were 10-11 cars broken into.  she also said what whoever it was did was go along and if there were purses in the cars, they broke the window and stole the purse out.  one of the cars they stole a purse of had 2 guns in th trunk (he'd been hunting) and a wallet in the glove compartment that were all untouched.  they just took the purse.  she called the superintendent of pb schools monday to talk to him about the incident and she said he was very unhelpful and rude.  she has a call into the AAA.
Great.....What I do not understand is why don't Pine Bluff city police and school police patrol the games constantly.  This is nothing new at PB every visiting team has to worry about their belongings being stolen when they return to their cars.  Our car was broken into along with 4 or 5 other cars all parked side by side.  You are correct there had to be more than 10 cars.  2 purses were stolen from our car, and the car right beside us had a laptop computer and GPS all  untouched.  One of the purses from our car had a lot of medication in it because my mom has stage 4 breast cancer.

AHS06

Quote from: zebradynasty on December 02, 2010, 12:56:09 pm
PB doesn't have a visitors parking lot. Not sure what the Superintendant is suppose to do about a police matter? Also, it's against the law to bring a firearm on school property so I wouldn't go around telling that!

I have not checked with my contacts so I was not specifically talking about this incident in the past several internet rumors did not pan out.
Well before you go running off about a situation get your facts straight.  I know their were at least 7 cars broken into.  PB DOES HAVE A VISTORS PARKING LOT, if not why does your road guards direct visitors to the VISTORS PARKING LOT which is located right in front of the high school WITH A SIGN THAT READS VISTOR PARKING. 

dmancatfan

I can remember in high school there was an FBLA conference in PB and none of us wanted to go..we would rather of stayed in school than go to PB!

Scorp

Quote from: zebradynasty on December 02, 2010, 12:56:09 pm

xtremewildcat

December 02, 2010, 01:42:58 pm #88 Last Edit: December 02, 2010, 01:56:35 pm by xtremewildcat
I love PB. We go there a bunch and love it. I have never had a bad experience in PB. But then again, I don't frequent the places you people wanna go to.  Evidently, that's where you have a lotta trouble in PB. But it's like that in most urban areas.

zebradynasty

First, the parking lot in front of the Stadium is by far the safest and most well guarded area. The parking lot in front of the High school the sign says visitors because it's ALWAYS the visitors parking lot. That's where I park if I have business in the high school. Unfortunately, that parking lot is very dark usually there is school security there. Also during the the daytime that parking lot has surveillance cameras. Not sure about night time. As a tip cause I have lived in the city a long time and travel a lot to other large cities. NEVER, EVER, EVER leave a purse in vehicle where it can be seen. Lock it in the trunk! Sorry that your mother lost her medicine but any city you go to now days you should take precautions.

xtremewildcat

Hey ZD,

There was a knuckle dragger on here a couple of weeks ago making the same claim about ED. I shut him up when I told him that ED has had only one murder here this year. And that was some bucktooth transplant from NWA who killed his wife for not getting him a Schlitz's.

AHS06

Quote from: zebradynasty on December 02, 2010, 01:43:33 pm
First, the parking lot in front of the Stadium is by far the safest and most well guarded area. The parking lot in front of the High school the sign says visitors because it's ALWAYS the visitors parking lot. That's where I park if I have business in the high school. Unfortunately, that parking lot is very dark usually there is school security there. Also during the the daytime that parking lot has surveillance cameras. Not sure about night time. As a tip cause I have lived in the city a long time and travel a lot to other large cities. NEVER, EVER, EVER leave a purse in vehicle where it can be seen. Lock it in the trunk! Sorry that your mother lost her medicine but any city you go to now days you should take precautions.
In our case the purses were not in plain view, and they were actually hidden pretty well.  I think the people that broke in just hit every car in that row of cars.  Considering the fact its a high school football game most women leave their purses in the car.  Everything is just fine now, she has been to the Dr. and has been reloaded with her medication.  We (Texarkana) face the same situation whenever we travel across town to Texas High.

Scorp

Quote from: xtremewildcat on December 02, 2010, 01:42:58 pm
I love PB. We go there a bunch and love it. I have never had a bad experience in PB. But then again, I don't frequent the places you people wanna go to.

Ummm  ...  a high school football game?

Scorp

Quote from: zebradynasty on December 02, 2010, 01:43:33 pm
First, the parking lot in front of the Stadium is by far the safest and most well guarded area.

thebigshot

thebigshot

I remember playing at Pine Bluff in high school. Coach Register told us after the game leave your helmet and pads on and go straight to the bus. It was rough playing at pine bluff after you beat them there. They had cops over there on our side to keep things calm. I haven't been back to Pine Bluff since than, not sure if anything has changed or not since then. I don't have any need to go there and don't plan on going there anytime soon.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas