• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Texarkana at Pine Bluff II

Started by urban legend, November 20, 2010, 12:40:09 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

urban legend

Will the outcome be any different than the first one?

bigeldofan

MrsTayla

Anyone can win on any given night.

AHS06

Quote from: bigeldofan on November 20, 2010, 12:56:18 pm
nope
You should only be concerned  with your Wildcats vs the Wolves.  It is hard to beat a team twice in the same season. Texarkana is not going to lay down for PB, and they do remember the last meeting.

thebigshot

I agree with AHS06,

A lot of things have changed since these two last played. Both teams have improved and it's very tough to beat the same team twice in the same year. It's tougher in the playoffs. It's going to be a close game and I'm can sure you 100% Texarkana will be ready to play, and its going to be a close game. The same thing goes for the El Dorado and Lake Hamilton game....

gatecrasher

We'll win a tough game....key word being WIN.

FeartheZebra

PB knows about Texarkana... and they know they won't come in and lay down... its the playoff's. PB is more than ready for the challenge.. and honestly I just think we have a better team.. but tayla's right anyone can win on any given night... but I think PB is ready for WMS again.

bigeldofan

dont get me wrong i would rather eldo play lh than tex yall do match up real good w/eldo saying that i realize lh and pb or tex will be tough this is the dirty south.

zebrafan

Hoghead

I got to go with Pine Bluff.  PB 28 AHS 21. It's gonna be a good one. Why do they even play football in the 6A East ? All South Final again.

MrsTayla

November 21, 2010, 03:14:08 pm #10 Last Edit: November 21, 2010, 03:16:08 pm by MrsTayla
GO HOGS!!!!

gatecrasher

Pine Bluff wins and then becomes the new Buffalo Bills the next week at WMS...;D

AHS06

GO HOGS GO

PB is going to get their yards.  If we are able to make some stops in the red zone, and get our offense rolling for 4 quarters, I like our chances.  We battled PB toe to toe in the 1st half during the last meeting.  We also missed some opportunities to score some points.

FearDEMZs

Quote from: AHS06 on November 21, 2010, 06:55:41 pm
GO HOGS GO

PB is going to get their yards.  If we are able to make some stops in the red zone, and get our offense rolling for 4 quarters, I like our chances.  We battled PB toe to toe in the 1st half during the last meeting.  We also missed some opportunities to score some points.
PB will wear AHS down again. Not saying that AHS does not have a good team, but Our o line will wear you down once again. PB 31 AHS-14

gatecrasher

Balance.
Gotta have balance on offense.

Winning the TOP battle will help too.

FearDEMZs

Quote from: gatecrasher on November 21, 2010, 07:01:11 pm
Balance.
Gotta have balance on offense.

Winning the TOP battle will help too.
Gate, eldo is lookin good. What do u think about LH this week. I think the Marion game will have them flat. Thoughts?

gatecrasher

LH offense is playing well, albeit against less than stellar competition.

Wolves will score...but they will not be able to stop our offense. Taylor Reed pulled a Vick against VB....accounted for six TDs. We had 366 yds rushing.

Looking forward to our rematch man. All smack aside, i have much respect for you guys.

FearDEMZs

Quote from: gatecrasher on November 21, 2010, 07:19:38 pm

Wolves will score...but they will not be able to stop our offense. Taylor Reed pulled a Vick against VB....accounted for six TDs. We had 366 yds rushing.

Looking forward to our rematch man. All smack aside, i have much respect for you guys.
The feeling is mutual. I don't think that LH will be able to stop you defensively. In addition, Eldo will be able to control LH. Looks like a WMS rematch and it will be a fun one.

thebigshot

gatecrasher

Texarkanabroadcast

Obviously Pine Bluff is favored, but its a real possibility they could lose to Texarkana. One thing we know about PB is they are very one dimensional. They cannot throw the ball or kick it either, so if you can slow their running back just a little and connect on offense you can not only stay in the game, you could win it.

Hopefully this time AHS will actually get to go into the locker room at half instead of the last trip when they were inexplicably locked out at half.  Go figure they did not play well in the 2nd half!!! 

AHS06

Quote from: Texarkanabroadcast on November 22, 2010, 08:49:33 am
Obviously Pine Bluff is favored, but its a real possibility they could lose to Texarkana. One thing we know about PB is they are very one dimensional. They cannot throw the ball or kick it either, so if you can slow their running back just a little and connect on offense you can not only stay in the game, you could win it.

Hopefully this time AHS will actually get to go into the locker room at half instead of the last trip when they were inexplicably locked out at half.  Go figure they did not play well in the 2nd half!!!
If we are able to connect on offense consistently we could win this game.  In the first meeting, our offense moved the ball on PB and exposed their secondary.  We just have to slow their running game and make a couple of stops.  That was crazy our team being locked out of the locker room.

FearDEMZs

Quote from: gatecrasher on November 21, 2010, 10:41:02 pm
you're kidding right?
Those wins against the East have these folks delusional!!! This is the same AHS team that lost to PB after a big LH game.....a mercy rule could be in effect Friday night.

LHFan21

Quote from: gatecrasher on November 21, 2010, 07:19:38 pm

Taylor Reed will be a Jay Cutler this week  ;D
No more Vick.
He will be under pressure the whole time and throw some INT's.
It will be a good game though.

Texarkana_Piggie

unless arkansas high figures out a way to shut down that rb pb has, the outcome will be the same as before.  yep.

AHS06

Quote from: FearDEMZs on November 22, 2010, 10:18:20 am
Quote from: gatecrasher on November 21, 2010, 10:41:02 pm
you're kidding right?
Those wins against the East have these folks delusional!!! This is the same AHS team that lost to PB after a big LH game.....a mercy rule could be in effect Friday night.
Not saying we are going to win this game, but you are feeling yourself predicting a mery rule.  We are that same AHS team.  We want PB to overlook us and go off of the last meeting.  Thinking that way your hopes of returning to WMS will come to an end. 

zebradynasty

The pressure is on both teams but I would think Tex should be more worried. If you put 9 and 10 players in the box and gave up 400 yards rushing I am not sure what else you can do? Forecast calling for cold so the passing game of TX may be affected. Our defense is playing better but we were still able to contain the Tex QB. I think he (TX QB) needs to run and scramble more he seemed reluctant to do that in the first meeting. We do have some headhunters!

ricepig

After watching Tex Friday night, and film of PB, I think the Zebras will win 35-14. Jonesboro had success getting to the corner, and we're a spread team. Tex had one big run a fullback trap late in the game when the defense over pursued the TB. We didn't get to the QB very many times, but he had little success running. It appears to me that PB's lines should dominate.

AHS06

Quote from: zebradynasty on November 22, 2010, 11:11:37 am
The pressure is on both teams but I would think Tex should be more worried. If you put 9 and 10 players in the box and gave up 400 yards rushing I am not sure what else you can do? Forecast calling for cold so the passing game of TX may be affected. Our defense is playing better but we were still able to contain the Tex QB. I think he (TX QB) needs to run and scramble more he seemed reluctant to do that in the first meeting. We do have some headhunters!
Your team gained just as many yards against Eldorado and the Zs still lost.  PB is going to get rushing yards they are a rushing team.  As far as our QB that has been the case all season long.  He should be more mobile in this game.  He is the team leading rusher.  We just could not stand the chance of losing him early in the season.

AHS06

Quote from: ricepig on November 22, 2010, 11:29:44 am
After watching Tex Friday night, and film of PB, I think the Zebras will win 35-14. Jonesboro had success getting to the corner, and we're a spread team. Tex had one big run a fullback trap late in the game when the defense over pursued the TB. We didn't get to the QB very many times, but he had little success running. It appears to me that PB's lines should dominate.
PB runs between the tackles most of the time.  Our defense just needs to make some stops and keep us in the game just like they did last week.  We need better production from our LBs.

zebradynasty

Yeah we ran on Eldo but it was mistakes that cost us. Now if Tex can get us to make mistakes or we do it on our own...well that might be the equalizer. Otherwise, I am not sure what else you can do stop our run game.

ricepig

Ok, I thought the ran some mid-line option too. If you can hold them to 21 points, you may have a chance. I thought you did a good job on all our runs up the middle, but we're a finesse spread blocking team. We should have made you LB's and secondary back up, but we seem to lose faith in our passing game this year. Our best WR played RB this year, and our second best was hurt on the opening KO.

AHS06

Quote from: zebradynasty on November 22, 2010, 12:12:28 pm
Yeah we ran on Eldo but it was mistakes that cost us. Now if Tex can get us to make mistakes or we do it on our own...well that might be the equalizer. Otherwise, I am not sure what else you can do stop our run game.
Yeah mistakes was the main factor in your team lost to Eldo.  I was there it was a great game.  I do not think there is any team in the 6A that can stop PB from running the ball the entire game.  What I do know is that IF our WRs can hold on to some passes, and IF your defense allows Harris to play his game this could turn into the type game the Zs played in Eldorado.

thebigshot

Pine Bluff has no passing game, no kicking game.... they rely on their running game, if texarkana can stop the run they have a good chance of putting this one away. You gotta have a balance football team. If Pine Bluff had a passing game and can find a kicker, they would be a very tough team to beat. Right now they are a pretty good team to play but they are tough. They got a good defense and a good running game is about the only thing they really have.... Hate to say it...... You cant reallly put all your money on the running game, if you do you won't have nothing else to go to...

zebradynasty

I'll keep repeating it...balance is important ONLY if the opposing team can stop either the run or the pass. For 11 games teams have walked up 10 men on the line of scrimage very few have even come close to stopping our run game. Not saying it's impossible only that the idea that we can be defeated because we are not balanced is false. How many times have teams in all sports won even though they were deficit in one more areas and EVERYONE knew it? I don't know the official stats but we avg over 350 yards a game rushing and score 30+ points a game so explain again why balance is needed? A passing game would help reduce our margin of error. If PB plays without penalites and without turnovers...they win 6A.

urban legend

Balance would be nice, but right now, it really hasn't hurt PB at all. The ED game was a game of turnovers, three of which were direct results of passing. The ground game has virtually been unstoppable for PB so Bolding isn't going to change anything now. PB has the capability to pass the ball, but Bolding has built this year's offense around their strength. And let's face it, there is no way a QB would come in and even come close to playing up to par after what Johnson accomplished in his three years. Play action and down/outs give PB options out of the passing game, even saw a bubble screen last week but that's just what they are. Options. Running the ball is what they're going to do. It's easy for some to say just stop the run and you beat PB. It's much harder for someone to actually do it because after 11 weeks, no one has and I can't foresee it happening Friday or by virtue of a win, the following Saturday against ED or LH.

AHS06

Quote from: zebradynasty on November 22, 2010, 04:25:05 pm
I'll keep repeating it...balance is important ONLY if the opposing team can stop either the run or the pass. For 11 games teams have walked up 10 men on the line of scrimage very few have even come close to stopping our run game. Not saying it's impossible only that the idea that we can be defeated because we are not balanced is false. How many times have teams in all sports won even though they were deficit in one more areas and EVERYONE knew it? I don't know the official stats but we avg over 350 yards a game rushing and score 30+ points a game so explain again why balance is needed? A passing game would help reduce our margin of error. If PB plays without penalites and without turnovers...they win 6A.
I agree with you 100%  No one has been able to completely stop PB running game.  Why try to fix something that is not broken?  I just hope we are able to make some decent stops.  Our offense has to be more productive.  PB offense plays offense and defense.  We have to get Harris and the gang on the field to score some points.

gatecrasher

LHfan21...
Reed has thrown 5 picks all year, and has been sacked 8 times all year (4 of them were against Har-Ber). The only tackling of him yall will do is on designed runs.

All this smack yall are talking will be moot. Nobody is beating my boys. Yall put that in your pipe and smoke it.

gamecocks8584

Quote from: ricepig on November 22, 2010, 12:12:50 pm
Ok, I thought the ran some mid-line option too. If you can hold them to 21 points, you may have a chance. I thought you did a good job on all our runs up the middle, but we're a finesse spread blocking team. We should have made you LB's and secondary back up, but we seem to lose faith in our passing game this year. Our best WR played RB this year, and our second best was hurt on the opening KO.
Rice Pig for one you have lost your mind.  Your QB isn't very good.  The game should have been out of hand.  TXK picks any of the 4 balls off that he threw right to us it is a blowout.  If yaw were the best in the east you should stop playing football.  I will say Jonesboro does have a lot of class though.

LHFan21

Quote from: gatecrasher on November 22, 2010, 06:38:16 pm
LHfan21...
Reed has thrown 5 picks all year, and has been sacked 8 times all year (4 of them were against Har-Ber). The only tackling of him yall will do is on designed runs.

All this smack yall are talking will be moot. Nobody is beating my boys. Yall put that in your pipe and smoke it.

Well..once we get done smoking y'all....maybe your boys can go smoke their pipe.
just saying.
If we are underestimated...u will be eating your crow and LH will be at the rock.
Wait...thats alrdy gonna happen.
;D

gatecrasher

You're talking about a veteran squad here: one that is used to big games. We have won 20 straight down there at Memorial Stadium. It won't be yall that snaps that streak.

I'll be down there a day early and will make sure they see all this rubbish yall are spewing on here. Are yall going down for the game? I wanna feed you your  crow in person...;)

ricepig

Quote from: gamecocks8584 on November 22, 2010, 09:01:04 pm
Rice Pig for one you have lost your mind.  Your QB isn't very good.  The game should have been out of hand.  TXK picks any of the 4 balls off that he threw right to us it is a blowout.  If yaw were the best in the east you should stop playing football.  I will say Jonesboro does have a lot of class though.

I agree he made some bad decisions, but I guess those guys would be on offense if they could catch the ball. Still we had way more scoring opportunities than you did, ended up with FG's instead of touchdowns. Mine only has baseball left this year, but I'm pretty sure we'll still field a football team next year,  but I'll tell the AD you said to drop football.

gamecocks8584

Quote from: ricepig on November 23, 2010, 01:00:32 am
Quote from: gamecocks8584 on November 22, 2010, 09:01:04 pm

I agree he made some bad decisions, but I guess those guys would be on offense if they could catch the ball. Still we had way more scoring opportunities than you did, ended up with FG's instead of touchdowns. Mine only has baseball left this year, but I'm pretty sure we'll still field a football team next year,  but I'll tell the AD you said to drop football.

You are right about the playing offense part.  It was really exceptional play by both defenses all night.  And I apologize for bringing a single player into the talk that isn't right of me.  I hope yaw have a great rest of the year in everything you do.

AHS06

Happy Turkey Day everyone!!!!

Go Hogs Go!!!!

gatecrasher

This game will be much closer than a lot of folks think....But still.....
Pine Bluff 27-23

ELDOWILDCAT88

urban legend

I really do see PB winning this one the same way it won the first one...going away.
PB 38-21

urban legend

First half was one of momentum shifts that seemingly favored Texarkana. What's kept them in the game is the fact that they simply haven't given up. PB allowed Texarkana to jump out to a 6-0 lead, but responded with 16 straight points. Then for some reason, PB attempts a fake punt inside it's own 30 on its next possession, which was denied, swinging the momentum right back in Texarkana's favor. Harris responded with a TD run a few plays later. So it's been a game where PB is seemingly in control, but hasn't established said control yet because Texarkana refuses to go away. PB also had a TD negated by a penalty at the end of the half.

urban legend

Texarkana still fightin' back. No quit in them at all.

urban legend

Texarkana has truly earned this one. Gots to give credit to the Razorbacks for stayin' in the game early, then relying on Harris to lead them in the second half.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas