• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Prayers for Jonesboro player

Started by ricepig, November 19, 2010, 08:19:30 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ricepig

Cane WR Marshall McDaniel was injured on the opening kickoff. He was taken off on a stretcher. I'll update when I can.

MrsTayla

ricepig

Marshall is being taken to Memphis, it's my understanding that he did have movement of all extremities..

ricepig

He has been taken to Le Bonheur in Memphis, surgery soon for a broken neck.

SavedbyGrace

November 20, 2010, 12:41:37 am #4 Last Edit: November 20, 2010, 12:52:22 am by SavedbyGrace
I just read this.  I hope this kid is ok and he has a good recovery.  What sickens me is the attitude of some of these teams in general.  I know not everyone feels this way, but there is a general cockiness with some teams in general.   I don't fault the kids because they learn respect from their coaches and if their coach has no respect.......well.....!   I was not there so I don't know what happened.  We spend money on turf, indoor facilities and etc. to gain what????  Some kids go to the next level with this, but most students will not go on to play college ball.  A true winner is one who gives their best at all times and tries to work well with his teammates.  Societies level of success is not what true success really is.  I hope everyone remembers that these are high school kids who love to play ball, and I would hope the LH, ELDO's and Tex's realize they are not invincible,  I have a hard time believing these 3 schools take football as a game.  Football in the south is whacked anyway and Texas is absolutely ridiculous.  Support your local teams and let the kids have fun.  I pray this kid is ok.  I don't believe this ish happening in most schools, but you have high school coaches in NW Arkansas making 6 digit salaries.  I can name one in particular.  I just don't see how this is justified with the state department unless a sponsor is kicking in the rest of the salary.  Yes, coaches should get stipends for the extra salaries, but not make the money of a lawyer or doctor I(see NWA)..

LH_DAD

AirWarren

Prayers from warren. Too many injuries like this in football in general this year.

Patriotdad

Praying for the best for him and his family

SavedbyGrace

November 20, 2010, 07:45:11 am #8 Last Edit: November 20, 2010, 07:54:56 am by SavedbyGrace
Ricepig, keep everyone posted about this young man.  And yes, there are way too many of these types of injuries today.  No sport is that important in my eyes.  And no state championship is worth children getting injuries that could cause paralysis or etc.  Keep everyone posted ricepig.  Thanks  One reason you are hearing about more of these types of injuries  is because this SPREAD crap is becoming so popular  and kids are defending people with a full speeded sprint.  Get rid of this crap and go back to football back in the day and you lesson these types of injuries.  Everyone wants to see this style of football, but more kids are getting hurt by this west coast garbage. 

MarionTiger

Quote from: ricepig on November 19, 2010, 08:19:30 pm
Cane WR Marshall McDaniel was injured on the opening kickoff. He was taken off on a stretcher. I'll update when I can.

That's horrible.  Definitely will be thinking of this young man.

Texarkana_Piggie

so sorry about this young man.  i pray he will make a full recovery.  how did the injury happen?  was it a bad hit or one of those freak hits that didn't look that bad?  i hope none of our players did this on purpose. 

ricepig

It happened in front of the Jonesboro bench, I couldn't see it. My son said it was just a normal tackle on the return guy, I think he may have hit him low. He had movement and is to have some pins placed in surgery. He broke his C6 vertebra and they were concerned with potential swelling.

True Believer

God be with him.   So sorry this happened to this young man. 

bigeldofan

barberkev

Sending prayers from Marion!!  Please post if the family needs anything!!!

LH_DAD

Quote from: SavedbyGrace on November 20, 2010, 07:45:11 am
Ricepig, keep everyone posted about this young man.  And yes, there are way too many of these types of injuries today.  No sport is that important in my eyes.  And no state championship is worth children getting injuries that could cause paralysis or etc.  Keep everyone posted ricepig.  Thanks  One reason you are hearing about more of these types of injuries  is because this SPREAD crap is becoming so popular  and kids are defending people with a full speeded sprint.  Get rid of this crap and go back to football back in the day and you lesson these types of injuries.  Everyone wants to see this style of football, but more kids are getting hurt by this west coast garbage.
I it was a Kick off return wasn't it? 

Hoghead

Prayers indeed for this young man and his family.

ricepig

Two factors played a big role in Marshall's favor, well actually one, God. (1)He was knocked unconscious and didn't move, (2)The excellent work by the attending physicians and trainers to keep him stable and from moving. The Drs. at Le Bonheur say that kept him from being paralyzed. He is scheduled for surgery tomorrow afternoon, and if all goes well, should be home for Thanksgiving.

baddawg

Quote from: ricepig on November 21, 2010, 09:10:20 pm
Two factors played a big role in Marshall's favor, well actually one, God. (1)He was knocked unconscious and didn't move, (2)The excellent work by the attending physicians and trainers to keep him stable and from moving. The Drs. at Le Bonheur say that kept him from being paralyzed. He is scheduled for surgery tomorrow afternoon, and if all goes well, should be home for Thanksgiving.

Thank God - Hope he has a full recovery

fastdrop

Great News!!! Le Bonheur is the best.

MarionTiger

Awesome.  Thanks for the update.

True Believer

Good, good news.  He will still be in my prayers!!!

Texarkana_Piggie

thanks for the update ricepig.  still praying for the young man to make a full recovery. 

ricepig

Marshall had a successful surgery and had 4 screws put in, they didn't have to do any bone graphs from his hip. Everything is looking great towards a full recovery and coming home.

fastdrop

Very nice young man and extremely happy to know that will have something very specila to be Thankful for on Thanksgiving.

Lions84

gamecocks8584

Quote from: ricepig on November 20, 2010, 09:17:27 am
It happened in front of the Jonesboro bench, I couldn't see it. My son said it was just a normal tackle on the return guy, I think he may have hit him low. He had movement and is to have some pins placed in surgery. He broke his C6 vertebra and they were concerned with potential swelling.

My prayers go out to this young man.  Ricepig is right it happened on the opening kickoff. I watched the game on t.v. later in the weekend and the young man went to tackle the return man and his knee hit him right in the neck.  It was an accident that you wish never happened.  I hope he has a full recovery.

gamecocks8584

Quote from: SavedbyGrace on November 20, 2010, 07:45:11 am

It is not the style of offense.  It is the way these young men tackle.  I am sure the coaches teach these techniques correct, but sometimes it doesn't play out that way in the game.  All it takes is one time of lowering your head and tackling to be in this situation.  Coaches and parents need to just stay on these young men about using the right technique and lots of these situations can be avoided.

Mr_Deb

sorry i hadn't even bothered to look on this board, prayers on a full recovery!!  ;)

ricepig

Marshall came home today, everything is looking great for a full recovery.

Texarkana_Piggie

Quote from: ricepig on November 24, 2010, 06:00:34 pm

great news! 

neafbfan

Quote from: ricepig on November 24, 2010, 06:00:34 pm
Praise God.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas