• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Can Jacksonville Do IT?

Started by reddevil011, November 19, 2010, 11:34:55 am

Previous topic - Next topic

reddevil011

Will all the hype of this game Do you think that Jacksonville will be able to pull off the Impossible

C.C.

ricepig

Would you like to make a little wager? Let see, you are playing a running team, and unfortunately, you can't stop the run. We are playing a spread team, which we see every day in practice, and one that finished 5-5. Everybody in the state has you picked to lose, and Jonesboro picked to win. I think the odds favor us a little over Jax. I hope every East team wins, but you have a tough way to go.

urban legend

Can't see Jax winning the game at all. They'll get their chance to prove everyone wrong, but...

jaxalum2008

From what I saw in the practices this week, it looks like Jacksonville's defense will be using the "fire overload" or the "Double Slot X" in attempt to slow down PB's running game.

I think the plan will be about 70% effective, yet giving up a few huge runs, leading to around three TD's.

I think its the same principle when opponents of Arkansas had to deal with Darren McFadden.

It will be a tight game til the 4th qurater, when Jax's D will be feeling run down due to the attempts all night preventing the run. thats when the 3 tds might kick in.

Prediction:
Pine Bluff 42
Jacksonville 22

thebigshot

If jacksonville can stop that run that will have a chance if not they wont have one.

C.C.

Quote from: ricepig on November 19, 2010, 12:47:03 pm
Would you like to make a little wager? Let see, you are playing a running team, and unfortunately, you can't stop the run. We are playing a spread team, which we see every day in practice, and one that finished 5-5. Everybody in the state has you picked to lose, and Jonesboro picked to win. I think the odds favor us a little over Jax. I hope every East team wins, but you have a tough way to go.
Sure pig lets make that wager. Seeing how the whole state picked you to win, I should have gotten great odds on that game. Guess the whole state was wrong on your game! Well, not the whole state--I knew you would lose.  ;D

ricepig

You're a little late, you should have taken me up on it before the game, haha.

C.C.

Quote from: ricepig on November 21, 2010, 02:42:31 pm
You're a little late, you should have taken me up on it before the game, haha.
Haha yeah just givin ya a hard time. You guys had a great year. Just wish the east would have represented a little better. At least I think we will be able to talk the smack come hardball season!

ricepig

Yep, very disappointing for the Canes, too much like last years game.

fastdrop

Jonesboro .... Has the population and an economy that could very well put the top team out of the east on the field every year. Jonesboro of all cities baffles me when it comes to its support of it's athletic facilities etc...

You play on one of the oldest crappiest baseball fields.... ancient basketball gym...ancient football field... yet the town has grown and grown and grown.

Whats the problem?

ricepig

5 school districts are totally or partially within the city's limits. JPS passed it's first milage in 22 years this year, JPS is land locked, while the others aren't. All the new residential building is in VV school district and north in the Brookland and Nettleton districts for Sage Meadows. Ridgepointe is about half JPS and VV. The new Mall is in JPS, but like most new projects in Jonesboro, we had to forgive the taxes to get it built.

As far as new projects, you obviously haven't been by the baseball field lately, $125,000 was raised by parents and has been updated, it's a nice facility. The gym gets a $1.2 million improvement starting the last day of basketball this year, new foyer, dressing rooms, roof, etc. The football field does need a new press box and track. We raised and spent $200,000 on re-doing the field and prescription turf 2 years ago, sure we need turf, but, don't you? I don't see any reason to increase the stand, we've never sold out both sides.

fastdrop

It is good to know ... I have always admired the people of Jonesboro.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas