• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

El Dorado Fans!!!!!

Started by TIGER_5, November 16, 2010, 02:01:31 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

TIGER_5

Where are some good places to eat in El Dorado? BBQ, Catfish, Family restaurants.

Heading down Friday for the game.

SteelHog

SteelHog

TIGER_5

Quote from: SteelHog on November 16, 2010, 02:07:52 pm
McDonalds in a gas station

You can eat at McD's and not the Wildcat INN. How is El Dorado 14 point favs and their not going to score 14 pts!!!!!

xtremewildcat

Applebee's is right down the street from the stadium. Two lights north.

Bayou Bistro is also located down the street from the stadium. It's three lights north, right by Home D-Pot.

Ryan's is one block over(don't eat there, please. They suck!!!)

Papa Poblano's, is a Mexican restaurant(they have some of the most gorgeous ladies working there),  that's located a few miles south on 167.
The exit has a lot of construction(your stimulus money at work).

Cranky Frank's BBQ is right across the street from Papa's.

I will give my cell number(via PM) to anyone coming down here, in case you get lost.

TIGER_5

Quote from: xtremewildcat on November 16, 2010, 02:12:28 pm

Bayou Bistro is also located down the street from the stadium. It's three lights north, right by Home D-Pot.

Papa Poblano's, is a Mexican restaurant(they have some of the most gorgeous ladies working there),  that's located a few miles south on 167.

I will give my cell number(via PM) to anyone coming down here, in case you get lost.

How is JJ's BBQ?

xtremewildcat

VEEEEEEEERY GOOD on Friday night. They have a 16 oz ribeye on Friday night that is very good. That would be a very good place to eat. Very small eating area, but very good food.

TIGER_5

Quote from: xtremewildcat on November 16, 2010, 02:24:08 pm
VEEEEEEEERY GOOD on Friday night. They have a 16 oz ribeye on Friday night that is very good. That would be a very good place to eat. Very small eating area, but very good food.
Quote from: xtremewildcat on November 16, 2010, 02:24:08 pm
Think that's where we are going to eat!!! Steak looked good on their website.

Thanks  for the help.

thebigshot

bigeldofan

the least eldo has scored is 27 this year in conference now how is vb going to keep eldo from scoring 14. eldo also has shut out 4 teams this year and mercyruled 5 teams so i cant wait to see vb come to eldo and shut them down.   hahahahahahahahaha

TIGER_5

November 17, 2010, 10:33:29 am #10 Last Edit: November 17, 2010, 12:11:32 pm by TIGER_5
Quote from: bigeldofan on November 17, 2010, 12:01:26 am
the least eldo has scored is 27 this year in conference now how is vb going to keep eldo from scoring 14. eldo also has shut out 4 teams this year and mercyruled 5 teams so i cant wait to see vb come to eldo and shut them down.   hahahahahahahahaha
I knew if I said something about the score, I would get a response to where to eat.
I think it will be a very good game. Throw out the NLR game VB just played every poorly and didn't look to be focus ????

Scorp

Quote from: bigeldofan on November 17, 2010, 12:01:26 am

But ...  as everyone knows, the 6A-South is very down this year.  There are really only 2.5 good teams this year  (I give LH the 1/2 .. they're a little down this year for LH standards), so throwing out stats relating to 6A-south is somewhat misleading.  I still think this might be a good, close game.

bigeldofan

i bet it will be an all south state championship game for the 3rd year in a row. if not then you can say we are down.

thebigshot

I love how people get on here and say football in the south is down. I just love that statement.

Scorp

Quote from: thebigshot on November 17, 2010, 01:32:00 pm
I love how people get on here and say football in the south is down. I just love that statement.

I didn't say the South.  I said the 6A-South.  Which, even you, would have to agree with.  There are 5 schools in that conference that didn't field very good teams this year.

xtremewildcat

Quote from: Scorp on November 17, 2010, 03:34:36 pm

I didn't say the South.  I said the 6A-South.  Which, even you, would have to agree with.  There are 5 schools in that conference that didn't field very good teams this year.

Kinda like the 7A Central.
Not my fight, but thought I would point that out to the people that don't read your garbage all the time.

Scorp

Quote from: xtremewildcat on November 17, 2010, 03:40:20 pm

Not my fight, but thought I would point that out to the people that don't read your garbage all the time.

X,   I'd think an esteemed scientist, such as yourself, would be "bright" enough to agree that the 6a-south is down this year.     Mcclellan, fair, sheridan, benton, texarkana are all sub-par AT BEST.  LH is not having a typical LH year.  So that leaves Eldo and PB who played to a virtual standoff.    yeah .... very tough conference!

Scorp

Quote from: Scorp on November 17, 2010, 03:57:00 pm

X,   I'd think an esteemed scientist, such as yourself, would be "bright" enough to agree that the 6a-south is down this year.     Mcclellan, fair, sheridan, benton, texarkana are all sub-par AT BEST.  LH is not having a typical LH year.  So that leaves Eldo and PB who played to a virtual standoff.    yeah .... very tough conference!

And let me ask your "honest" opinion about this hypothetical.   (And unless you can answer honestly ...  don't even answer!)

If the current 7A/6A-Central teams played the current 6a-south teams in the order of the regular season finish 1 thru 8  (1 vs 1   2 vs 2   3 vs 3    etc...)  What would you guess the final W/L count be?    I'm thinking 8-0 7A   7-1 at the worst.

xtremewildcat

November 17, 2010, 04:34:29 pm #18 Last Edit: November 17, 2010, 04:36:45 pm by xtremewildcat
Scorp,

Search my dissertation of "All of the classifications are basically the same".
I have posted it a billion times on FF.
It's been like this since I been a student of the game of football(circa 1982)

By virtue of the fact that you constantly compare teams from your conference to teams from a lower classification, tells everyone that even you think your conference is weak.
I don't remember one single poster, who is a fan of any 6A school, come on here and beg, plead, and cry for our team to be compared to teams that are 50% smaller in school population.
EX: Gate or ZD, would never be caught dead, trolling around the 5A board telling teams like Alma, SS, WC, and Montecello, "We would kill y'all if they would combine our classifications"!

This topic is as old as that one bristle tooth brush you use once a week.
I wonder sometimes why you and the same bozo the clowns continue to try to convince people of your football superiority. No one will buy it until you win some games your not use to winning.

thebigshot

Somebody with any sort of common sense would know I was talking about the 6A. This is a 6A board right? Next time I will put the 6A in front of the south for the other dummies out there on this board.

Just because certain teams don't meet you expections doesn't mean the 6A south is down this year. Texarkana might be little down but they will make a fool out of you in a second.

What about the central and east? They not any better than the south.

Scorp

Quote from: xtremewildcat on November 17, 2010, 04:34:29 pm
Scorp,

Search my dissertation of "All of the classifications are basically the same".
I have posted it a billion times on FF.
It's been like this since I been a student of the game of football(circa 1982)

By virtue of the fact that you constantly compare teams from your conference to teams from a lower classification, tells everyone that even you think your conference is weak.
I don't remember one single poster, who is a fan of any 6A school, come on here and beg, plead, and cry for our team to be compared to teams that are 50% smaller in school population.
EX: Gate or ZD, would never be caught dead, trolling around the 5A board telling teams like Alma, SS, WC, and Montecello, "We would kill y'all if they would combine our classifications"!

This topic is as old as that one bristle tooth brush you use once a week.
I wonder sometimes why you and the same bozo the clowns continue to try to convince people of your football superiority. No one will buy it until you win some games your not use to winning.

Well X ... I didn't come on here expressing that the 7 > 6.    I just replied to a post that was saying that VB didn't have a chance BECAUSE eldo had whipped up on the 6a-south .. and wanted to bring to the attention of the poster that the 6a-south is down this year (and as always ... you dodged that question .. didn't ya).  YOU brought up the 7A because you got ruffled.  And as usual .. with the lengthy, incoherent diatribe you just posted .... avoided the question about the 7 - 6 matchups also.

xtremewildcat

Well, quit replying, and go win us an upset Friday night.

gatecrasher

I saw nothing incoherent about it...just sayin...

Ty

Quote from: bigeldofan on November 17, 2010, 12:34:35 pm
i bet it will be an all south state championship game for the 3rd year in a row. if not then you can say we are down.
Or is that the East is never good?

It's not hard for a conference to dominate when the biggest threat from the other conference is Jonesboro and Marion.

gatecrasher

Likewise for that other 16 team class....

Ty

Quote from: gatecrasher on November 17, 2010, 09:06:57 pm
Likewise for that other 16 team class....
Eh, Cabot and Conway are heads above Jonesboro and Marion.

Conway would mercy rule both.

gatecrasher

Ya...probably.
But they wouldn't fare as well against us or PB....

TIGER_5

Thought I brought something up about food. I'm stillgoing to jj's

Sportswindbag

Some more thoughts on food. 
Downtown El Dorado has some good spots, La Piazza has some very good italian food, its one block south of the square.  FayRay's is great but pricy.  They are located on the square which is Main and Washington.  The Black Cat Cafe and Dorado grill are also located on the square but haven't eaten there in a while. 

JJ's steaks are great but get there early cause it fills up.  If you don't want to wait head west on main and you will hit the downtown area.

Have a safe trip.

TIGER_5

Quote from: Sportswindbag on November 18, 2010, 07:33:51 am
Downtown El Dorado has some good spots, La Piazza has some very good italian food, its one block south of the square.  FayRay's is great but pricy.  They are located on the square which is Main and Washington.  The Black Cat Cafe and Dorado grill are also located on the square but haven't eaten there in a while. 

JJ's steaks are great but get there early cause it fills up.  If you don't want to wait head west on main and you will hit the downtown area.

Have a safe trip.

Thanks how early do have to get there?

6ASOUTHPURPLECAT

Quote from: TIGER_5 on November 18, 2010, 09:37:11 am

Have a safe trip.

Yes! JJ's has great steaks on Friday's.  I would get there before 5 if you want to get a seat.  Only about 10 tables in the whole place.  Also, if you want a good steak or fish plate, you can stop at Cozy Kitchen north of town.  It's a little joint right before you get in town on 167.   When you pass the Entegra power plant, it is about a mile down the road on your left.   Don't know when they open though.

MeanGreen

Quote from: xtremewildcat on November 16, 2010, 02:12:28 pm

Thanks Xtreme!

MeanGreen

True statement.....

TIGER_5

Quote from: 6ASOUTHPURPLECAT on November 18, 2010, 10:04:19 am
Quote from: TIGER_5 on November 18, 2010, 09:37:11 am

Have a safe trip.

Yes! JJ's has great steaks on Friday's.  I would get there before 5 if you want to get a seat.  Only about 10 tables in the whole place.  Also, if you want a good steak or fish plate, you can stop at Cozy Kitchen north of town.  It's a little joint right before you get in town on 167.   When you pass the Entegra power plant, it is about a mile down the road on your left.   Don't know when they open though.

JJ's was amazing. Great steak and bbq chicken was awesome. thanks for the help and ur wildcats played well. Look forward to some great battles in the future

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas