• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Jacksonville at Pine Bluff

Started by urban legend, November 14, 2010, 10:26:10 am

Previous topic - Next topic

urban legend

No point in leaving this one out...

Patriotdad

urban legend

If they're not over-looking Jacksonville, which I can't imagine that they are, PB should pull away in the second half. If they get off to a fast start, it could get ugly. On the flip side, J'ville isn't without talent, and that alone should keep them in it early.

gatecrasher

barberkev

J-ville all the way!!  Go east!!

Patriotdad

ricepig

Good luck Jax, you're going to need it. Jax can't stop the run and PB is all run, might be a long night.

zebrafan

barberkev

honestly, i would say fair. they held marion to 28!  they are good up the middle but like everyone else, hitting the corners are key!!

LH_DAD

Quote from: barberkev on November 14, 2010, 09:08:41 pm
honestly, i would say fair. they held marion to 28!  they are good up the middle but like everyone else, hitting the corners are key!!
If they are fair against the run PB wil run wild on Jax.  This may be a mercy rule game.

urban legend

If J'ville's defense is just "fair" against the run, then it will be a long, long night for the Red Devils. Mercy will indeed go into effect if that's the case.

Patriotdad

No Mercy rule in this Game!!! Go East

Titan Spirit

Pine Bluff will grind out a few drives I am sure, and Jacksonville will give up a few big plays but they do have some talent and some speed.  Jacksonville has a chance to prove they belong. It seems they always have a terrible turnonver, snap over the punters head, or a costly penalty...If they avoid those things this could be a very good game..

How is the Pine Bluff D?

zebradynasty

PB D is OK they are physical and good speed. For the most part nobody has been able to just run it down our throats if Jacksonville can pass they should be able to move the ball. Where Jacksonsville is gonna have trouble is the second half. The game I saw on TV they didn't look like they had much depth on the lines. I think PB OL is the best in 6A at run blocking they're big and athletic as the game goes on most DL will tire and if depth is an issue I can see PB pulling away.

ricepig

Quote from: zebradynasty on November 15, 2010, 10:39:33 am
PB D is OK they are physical and good speed. For the most part nobody has been able to just run it down our throats if Jacksonville can pass they should be able to move the ball. Where Jacksonsville is gonna have trouble is the second half. The game I saw on TV they didn't look like they had much depth on the lines. I think PB OL is the best in 6A at run blocking they're big and athletic as the game goes on most DL will tire and if depth is an issue I can see PB pulling away.

I think this is the way it will go also, Jax can sling it around as well as anyone in 6A, but I don't think they can stop PB's ground attack. Jax lost 4 games this year, Cabot, WM, Marion, and J'boro, all run dominated teams, including J'boro. J'boro didn't throw a pass in the second half, just ran the same play over and over and........

Titan Spirit

Jacksonville will usually take what is given to them run or pass...QB has a good arm and makes good decisions. Last week had a back carrry like 13 times for 180 yards or something close to that and it wasnt McClure.
I think this week Jacksonville goes more to the air especially if the PB dline is loaded. Jvill oline has 2 sophs starting now so they do lack some experience.
I can see Jacksonville getting worn down although they have been resting the linemen a lot more the last week or two. Either way I think there will be a lot of points on the board.

reddevil011

Jacksonville WILL go off, WILL stop the RUN...and WILL shock the world....It going to be a great game ;D

FeartheZebra

Quote from: reddevil011 on November 17, 2010, 07:56:32 pm
Jacksonville WILL go off, WILL stop the RUN...and WILL shock the world....It going to be a great game ;D
Jacksonville WILL get beat.... bad.

thebigshot

If Jacksonville can stop the run it's theres to lose.

But I think Pine Bluff will pull away with it.

FearDEMZs

Quote from: FeartheZebra on November 18, 2010, 11:17:53 am
Jacksonville WILL get beat.... bad.
Very bad......Ouch!!!!!

AHS06

No one has been able to stop PB running game, and it will continue this week.  Jax might make some stops in the 1st half, but midway through the 3rd PB will start clicking.  PB wins big

LH_DAD

It won't be much of a game at all.  PB 42 JAX 14

Patriotdad

jaxalum2008

From what I saw in the practices this week, it looks like Jacksonville's defense will be using the "fire overload" or the "Double Slot X" in attempt to slow down PB's running game.

I think the plan will be about 70% effective, yet giving up a few huge runs, leading to around three TD's.

I think its the same principle when opponents of Arkansas had to deal with Darren McFadden.

It will be a tight game til the 4th qurater, when Jax's D will be feeling run down due to the attempts all night preventing the run. thats when the 3 tds might kick in.

also PB better be ready for a potential trick plays such as the  WR Pass or a halfback pass.

Prediction:
Pine Bluff 42
Jacksonville 22

C.C.

Quote from: jaxalum2008 on November 19, 2010, 02:00:03 pm
From what I saw in the practices this week, it looks like Jacksonville's defense will be using the "fire overload" or the "Double Slot X" in attempt to slow down PB's running game.

I think the plan will be about 70% effective, yet giving up a few huge runs, leading to around three TD's.

I think its the same principle when opponents of Arkansas had to deal with Darren McFadden.
Good Idea Bro! Let PB know the game plan!They need all the help they can get! ;D
It will be a tight game til the 4th qurater, when Jax's D will be feeling run down due to the attempts all night preventing the run. thats when the 3 tds might kick in.

also PB better be ready for a potential trick plays such as the  WR Pass or a halfback pass.

Prediction:
Pine Bluff 42
Jacksonville 22

Patriotdad

thebigshot

if jacksonville can stop the run they will have a chance. other than that they wont have one....

zebradynasty

The Z's defense is now beginning to grab attention. Even with the big play best performance defensively we had all year 8 sacks, 26 total yards the second half, never allowed them in the red zone! Offensively, we played sloppy at times with far too many penalties. However, we still do what we do Jville only had the ball 3 times the second half and one was the second half kickoff.

Jville had some nice size lineman but most sat on the sideline ??? As been the case all year we were too physical for them on the lines. Depending on what they have returning they could be good next year.

**Side note Jville Band 24 - PB Band 14!  ;D Good job Mr. MacFields!

urban legend

It was a game where you could tell PB was coming off a bye week. Like ZD said, sloppy at times and far too many penalties. But still, the game wasn't as close as the final score. Jacksonville, which by the way has quite a few athletes, was never actually in the game. They did capitalize off a turnover and McClure made a big play. But aside from that, it never felt like they were in the game. It was more like a situation of whether or not PB would make it a blowout.

gatecrasher

One win away from our rematch...;D

urban legend

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas