• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

El Dorado vs Van Buren

Started by thebigshot, November 13, 2010, 05:15:24 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Scorp

Quotewhen you have won your 10th playoff victory

Hey ... we got another one last Friday!   And I heard NO congrats from you!   :'(

Quote10-15 years from now

When PB is a middle of the pack 5A school !!

Reading you and the other StripedHorse posters reminds me of a movie also .... "Dumb and Dumber"   ;D

FearDEMZs

Quote from: zebradynasty on November 15, 2010, 02:09:39 pm
You still miss the point! You need to be worried about BRYANT. Bentonville is ready to mercy rule you and your worried about what PB did/didn't do 5 years ago! Reminds me of a scene in the movie Titanic when the ship was sinking and the band was still playing! Just like in the movie PB will be sitting in the life boat when Bentonville splits you in half and drives your arse 2 miles below the stadium! I sure you'll take solace that PB is #17. 10-15 years from now when you have won your 10th playoff victory in school history, Bryant will be remembered just like the Titanic. Except instead of a pile of junk on the bottom of the ocean you'll be a pile a junk at the bottom of 7A!  ;D
Exactly!!!

FearDEMZs

Quote from: Scorp on November 15, 2010, 12:30:14 pm
QuoteGet ready for basketball or whatever your favorite secondary sport is.

ummmm ... that would be Baseball!!   ;D

QuoteBryant's season ends 

PB's will also .. without them getting that magical #17 trophy and ring!  (again)
PB's season will end on Dec 4th at WMS...You missed the point. AGAIN.

Billyo62

I think Eldo wins the game by 14+, but it will be interesting to see if they dominate the game on both sides of the ball..  If I hear a Halftime score of something like 28-21 Eldo I will have to chuckle...

FearDEMZs

Quote from: Scorp on November 15, 2010, 02:24:04 pm
Quotewhen you have won your 10th playoff victory

Hey ... we got another one last Friday!   And I heard NO congrats from you!   :'(

Quote10-15 years from now

When PB is a middle of the pack 5A school !!

Reading you and the other StripedHorse posters reminds me of a movie also .... "Dumb and Dumber"   ;D

Stop posting pics from your home photo album!!!we don't want to see you and your mama on this forum ;D

Scorp

Quote from: FearDEMZs on November 15, 2010, 02:35:45 pm
Quote from: Scorp on November 15, 2010, 12:30:14 pm
QuoteGet ready for basketball or whatever your favorite secondary sport is.

ummmm ... that would be Baseball!!   ;D

QuoteBryant's season ends 

PB's will also .. without them getting that magical #17 trophy and ring!  (again)
PB's season will end on Dec 4th at WMS...You missed the point. AGAIN.

without them getting that magical #17 trophy and ring!  You missed the point. AGAIN.

zebradynasty

Yep Scorp yall are so smart that since you know you'll NEVER play a championship game at WM that you scheduled Catholic and the meaningless Salt Bowl there so that you could say, "We made it to WM! ;D

Valleysports

Zebra, didn't it make you sick to drop back to 6A?  I know it's out of our control, like gate always say's, but when that great team comes along I just can't stand the fact that we won't get to play the best in the state. The best we could ever be is Arkansas 6A State Champs!  :(

AHS06

Quote from: Valleysports on November 15, 2010, 04:34:37 pm
Zebra, didn't it make you sick to drop back to 6A?  I know it's out of our control, like gate always say's, but when that great team comes along I just can't stand the fact that we won't get to play the best in the state. The best we could ever be is Arkansas 6A State Champs!  :(
Valley your team will never have the 6A State Champs title so you do not have to worry about it not being 7A.  I can assure you Texarkana, Lake Hamilton, and Eldorado would have challenged anyone with there state teams.

FearDEMZs

It doesn't matter...There are some schools in 4A and 5A that would beat some of the 7A schools....AND there are definitely teams in the 6A South that would (and have) dominate(d) some class 7A teams. You take what you get and make the best out of it. Winners find ways to win.. Losers find ways to lose. It matters not what classification you're in. You earn respect by consistently winning games. Nobody remembers a loser.

gatecrasher

Van Buren scores 24 only after we have endured their coaches pulling a LR Fair and asking the officials to invoke the sportsmanship rule midway through the 2nd quarter because the beatdown will be so thorough, so dominating...;D

Ok VB isnt as bad as Fair...but still a mercy rule...

zebradynasty

No and I hate that we have reduced a championship to this level! Personally I find it insulting to the kids for people to put down other schools in smaller classifications. These kids worked hard and many times do it with a lot less resources. To suggest that their championship effort is not good enough is down right childish and arrogant. No matter what level you play at as a amature there is and will always be another level. Sitting around wondering "what if" you played at this level or that level is actually pathetic in my opinion. I played for a small school and we were champions I wouldn't trade it for nothing just to say I played and won at the 7A level. It's more to it than a trophy, the guys I played with most of us we are still friends today WE won it through hard work which cannot be defined by how many "A's" you put behind a school name! In my book Junction City is just as much a champion as HarBer!

So no it doesn't make me sick that we are not in 7A anymore what sickens me is people that have never won so much as a Bingo game deciding that because their school has 2000 kids in it that somehow makes them more of a champion! 

lparnell13

That is very well put zebra that shows some real class I think there is to much put on classification

rebel55

What is a gatecrasher? Was the pointer question serious if so you should probably quit posting. That would kind of sum up your IQ. Kinda like askin what's a wildcat..
I'm just sayin

gatecrasher

Moron alert...
It's all good though. You'll be irrelevant after this week anyhow.

Since you posted that, I have one goal this week: Get under your skin...seeing how it looks like I already have.

By the way, you'd be wise to refrain from your small attempts to insult my intelligence. You'll lose...badly. But continue to look like an arss if you choose.

I'm just sayin.

rebel55

November 15, 2010, 11:00:23 pm #65 Last Edit: November 15, 2010, 11:10:58 pm by rebel55
Once again, by your post you prove my point. If you could get under my skin on a message board I wouldn't be stupid enough to be posting on it. Why don't you answer the question instead of dancing around it, I have vowed not to resort to name calling on this site, but if I did I'd have plenty for you. Seriously what kind of inteligent individual doesn't know what a pointer is? Also anyone who knows anything about or has ever played a down of football knows it is foolish to garuntee a winner in a  football game that you will not be playing in and one that involves a team who you haven't seen play. Also wether or not VB can win is beside the point, the fact of the matter is I doubt Eldo, while I'm sure they are a very good team, is nearly as invincible as you proclaim they are even if they do win a state championship.
I'm just sayin....come on man.....

Moron alert...seriously that's your come back?
I heard a kid say that to someone when I was in 3rd grade and about 20 of us made fun of him for saying it then

It's all good what the crap, I seriously hope I'm not replying to a 3rd grader

The Cat

trevster10

The PB/Bryant argument is going to be fun this offseason..

Titan Spirit

Everyone seems to be talking about how VB did against the top 7A competition.
How did Eldo do against the only 7A team they played....42 - 13
Eldo better not jump ahead of themselves....

Quote from: Valleysports on November 15, 2010, 08:49:47 am
Van Buren started off strong against Alma, Rogers, Harrison, . . . then beat the 7A Centrals bottom, Catholic, Russellville, and Central by 10 points.  From there it went down hill!  Seriously - game of the week?  ::) 

I wish El Do could've played or somehow get in 7A playoffs now, just to test themselves. This state has drastically overlooked Taylor, unlike others.  ;)

urban legend

Quote from: zebradynasty on November 15, 2010, 06:51:15 pm

No and I hate that we have reduced a championship to this level! Personally I find it insulting to the kids for people to put down other schools in smaller classifications. These kids worked hard and many times do it with a lot less resources. To suggest that their championship effort is not good enough is down right childish and arrogant. No matter what level you play at as a amature there is and will always be another level. Sitting around wondering "what if" you played at this level or that level is actually pathetic in my opinion. I played for a small school and we were champions I wouldn't trade it for nothing just to say I played and won at the 7A level. It's more to it than a trophy, the guys I played with most of us we are still friends today WE won it through hard work which cannot be defined by how many "A's" you put behind a school name! In my book Junction City is just as much a champion as HarBer!

So no it doesn't make me sick that we are not in 7A anymore what sickens me is people that have never won so much as a Bingo game deciding that because their school has 2000 kids in it that somehow makes them more of a champion! 

Good post dawg.

Valleysports

November 16, 2010, 01:14:17 am #69 Last Edit: November 16, 2010, 02:44:00 am by Valleysports
Guess it's just the difference in people's personalities.  You were really dogging Bryant about not winning against those 7A, 2000 student schools in the playoffs, and bragging how far PB would go against 900 student 6A schools.  Then turn around and find it insulting to the kids for people to put down smaller classifications. These kids worked hard blah, blah - you don't think Bryant kids work hard?  And they play against the big boys - you remember?  You say too much emphasis is put on classification, wasn't long ago when PB fans didn't say much at all!

But contrary to your insinuation, I rarely put down players or the teams.  In fact, your putting down Bryant is what got my attention.  I asked you if you were disappointed (sick) that y'all got moved to 6A.  All you had to say was no, winning is more important to me than the caliber of competition.  Peoples personalities are different, I transferred from a small school to play 5A Tex, primarily because I wanted to play college ball. My best nonathletic friend, who didn't make tryouts on the 5A team, went back to the smaller school and became an All Conf, State, Everything running back.  That was a great thing for him, but it would've been horrible for me.  I do think you should be proud of your wins in 6A or at Junction City, but based on your "how dare you speech" I struggle to understand why you put Bryant's team down so much.     

Valleysports

November 16, 2010, 01:29:17 am #70 Last Edit: November 16, 2010, 02:38:39 am by Valleysports
Quote from: Titan Spirit on November 15, 2010, 11:22:03 pm
Everyone seems to be talking about how VB did against the top 7A competition.
How did Eldo do against the only 7A team they played....42 - 13
Eldo better not jump ahead of themselves....

Quote from: Valleysports on November 15, 2010, 08:49:47 am
Van Buren started off strong against Alma, Rogers, Harrison, . . . then beat the 7A Centrals bottom, Catholic, Russellville, and Central by 10 points.  From there it went down hill!  Seriously - game of the week?  ::) 

No one is talking about how Van Buren did against the Top 7A Competition.  VB played in the 7A Central and only defeated the 16th,15th,& 14th (maybe 13th) 7a teams.   
QuoteHow did Eldo do against the only 7A team they played....42 - 13
El Do did pretty freaking good against HarBer. You should've been sitting in the HarBer Stands through 1/2 time.  It was an exciting game and everyone was anxious at the half.  HarBer pulled away in the 2nd half, but yes to answer your question, El Do did great to compete against HarBer that well.

In my humble opinion, El Do is one of the Top 5 Teams!

Valleysports

November 16, 2010, 02:00:35 am #71 Last Edit: November 16, 2010, 02:03:30 am by Valleysports
Quote from: AHS06 on November 15, 2010, 04:44:41 pm
Valley your team will never have the 6A State Champs title so you do not have to worry about it not being 7A.  I can assure you Texarkana, Lake Hamilton, and Eldorado would have challenged anyone with there state teams.

ASH I knew I could count on you! Do your remember how much assuring you were doing at the beginning of season? El Do vs HarBer, Bentonville vs Tex High, Bryant vs ASH? I remember after about your 5th blown assurance, telling you your credit was shot! It still is!  ;D

But you bring a great point in trying to assure me that those 6A Championship Teams would've beat anyone in the state.  You've made that statement over and over, since 6A/7A combined on this board.  Why do you feel you need to do that? I know it sucks, just like I was asking the Zebra!  El Do vs HarBer, Texas High vs Bentonville, yeah I'll take your assurance that those 6A South teams would've beaten anyone, for the FF it's written on.  ;D

Valleysports

November 16, 2010, 02:29:13 am #72 Last Edit: November 16, 2010, 02:52:28 am by Valleysports
Quote from: FearDEMZs on November 15, 2010, 04:55:18 pm

QuoteNobody remembers a loser
I remember PB because they were everyone's 7A Homecoming Team.
Not putting PB down Zebra, it was just a bad time for PB like Rsvl this year.

QuoteIt matters not what classification you're in.
Well that's BS!  ;D  PB immediately went to Championship Games after dropping in classification - West Memphis (undefeated 6A conference champ) might not ever win a 7a playoff game.

QuoteWinners find ways to win.. Losers find ways to lose
So if El Do played Bentonville, SS, HarBer, Fayetteville, those kids would be losers?

Valleysports

November 16, 2010, 02:42:00 am #73 Last Edit: November 16, 2010, 02:56:25 am by Valleysports
AW Shucks - I'm just messing with you guys!  ;D

Tell ya what - I might just come to that 6A Title Game, all though I don't think it will be as exciting as the El Dorado vs HarBer game.  Is the admission fee $5?

Scorp

Quote from: Valleysports on November 16, 2010, 02:29:13 am
Quote from: FearDEMZs on November 15, 2010, 04:55:18 pm

QuoteNobody remembers a loser
I remember PB because they were everyone's 7A Homecoming Team.
Not putting PB down Zebra, it was just a bad time for PB like Rsvl this year.

Yep ... I remember them also during that time period.  For 2 reasons.  One ...it would usually be a blowout win over a team who's name alone made it a big win (kinda like college teams whipping up on Notre Dame now).   Two ... would get to see, arguably, the most entertaining halftime band in High School football.

Scorp

Quote from: FearDEMZs on November 15, 2010, 11:41:19 am
Quote from: Scorp on November 15, 2010, 11:32:21 am
If you look at the games VB lost to upper 7A teams ... you'll notice they did score a lot.  I'd guess they'll be able to score against Eldo also, but will have a hard time keeping Eldo from scoring.  I can see them scoring at least 21 on Eldo.

For reference...

they scored 41 on LRC ...  26 on Bryant ... 28 on Catholic ... 26 on Conway ... 28 on Cabot .. 21 on NLR

I'm thinking  38 - 24 type game possibly, unless eldo turns the ball over a couple of times.  It'll get real interesting if that happens.
A true Van Buren fan!!!! Oh......I forgot its Bryant, right? Van Bryant....it doesn't matter, both teams get their arses kicked this week.

^^^ you see Valley.  This post is all it took to get the stripedhorses agitated.  (they're really easy!!)  I didn't write a thing about PB ... was just pointing out that VB was able to put a lot of points on the board against better competition than is seen in the 6a and should not take VB lightly, albeit they are not in the 6a-south !

They couldn't argue the facts .. and don't want to read anything that might break up their luvfest relating to their perceived PB and Eldo (small) world dominance (6a

Valleysports

Hey I haven't seen VB - however my wife hasn't stopped talking about their band!  She was absolutely mesmerized by their performance!  8)

zebradynasty

Valley are you and Scorp passing the same pipe!

#1 The ONLY time I bring up Bryant is when Scorp is in his Kindergarten moods attacks PB, otherwise Bryant is not topic I would even bring up when it comes to footall. Scorp is lying he was the one that brought PB up in this thread. That playoff win #5 has him experiencing delusions of grandeur!

#2 Bryant has not always played with the big boys! That's my point they have not won playoff games no matter how many A's you put! I have no problem acknowledging the success of such programs as FS Southside, Northside, Bentonville...it's hard to argue with wins! However, I'll not set by and let a program that has NEVER played past the quarter finals run down my team!

# 3 I have documented PB struggles in 7A several times you choose to blame it on the level of competition. The things that were going on during that time within the program we would not have won at the 4A level! I would like to point out that we showed signs of being able to compete in 7A in 2007 we tied Fayetteville who was 7A finalist I believe and we beat North Little Rock and Cabot our last 2 games of the season. So our turnaround had more to do with coaching and a commitment to winning. Sure playing teams like JA Fair and McClellan helped but if your opinion of the program is based upon those years it's waaay off! In 2008 we did have a successful regular season but lost in the second round of the 6A playoffs after recieving a bye.

Scorp

QuoteValley are you and Scorp passing the same pipe!

#1 The ONLY time I bring up Bryant is when Scorp is in his Kindergarten moods attacks PB, otherwise Bryant is not topic I would even bring up when it comes to footall. Scorp is lying he was the one that brought PB up in this thread. That playoff win #5 has him experiencing delusions of grandeur!

First ... good morning.  Glad you could finally make it out of bed!

Now ... go back and read my post.  Where exactly does it reference PB?  (clue for the clueless .. it doesn't!)  Even though it hurts your ego ... all things are not about PB.   

Hey ... I did compliment your band ....  no props for that?

Quote# 3 I have documented PB struggles in 7A several times

<<YAWN>>  we've heard that a couple of hundred times already.  Go ahead and petition your school board to merge with Dollarway and you'll get one more shot at the 7A!

zebradynasty

Scorp reply #43 you clearly introduced PB into this thread! Not my fault so much crap comes from you that you can't remember what you said!

PB merging with Dollarway will happen probably the same year Bryant makes it to the 7A title game!

Scorp

Quote from: zebradynasty on November 16, 2010, 11:44:50 am
Scorp reply #43 you clearly introduced PB into this thread! Not my fault so much crap comes from you that you can't remember what you said!

PB merging with Dollarway will happen probably the same year Bryant makes it to the 7A title game!

#43 was an opinion.  Not an attack on the Stripedhorses.   But your alter-ego clearly brought Bryant into this ... unprovoked.

So the merge will happen in less than 4 years?   :o

zebradynasty

Before you get your WM parking pass...you might want to worry about Bentonville!

thebigshot

I think there are a "Few" on here have lost their minds on certain things. Anybody can struggle in the playoffs including El Dorado, Southside, Bryant, Pine Bluff, Har-ber, etc.... It all comes down to who wants it the most. It comes down to the team with the "it" quality in the game. IF they have it they will find a way to win, they always do.  I remember when we were the #1 seed and got beat by #4 seed Russellville who was 3-7 in the first round.  Where I'm getting at is don't overlook anybody, if you do enjoy off season next week !!!

Bryant has a good progam but they just can't seem to make it through the playoffs. People on here team to judge other programs because who they lost to or beat. Somebody else gets on here and brings that team down because of who they lost and beat. You can't do that !!!!  Oh well.... What Do I know? I guess we will all see after Friday night who's still has a shot at Little Rock.

rebel55

Actually quite a bit, one of the more inteligent statements I've read on here.

Coach Venny Slocombe

I think Eldo will win, but it will be closer than what most on here think. As for Pine Bluff moving back to 7A, it will never happen. People are already leaving that wretched place for greener pastures...they will be 5A in about 4 years...

xtremewildcat

November 16, 2010, 01:25:11 pm #85 Last Edit: November 16, 2010, 01:32:51 pm by xtremewildcat
Take a few days off. Come back, and the same three stooges are on here comparing their team to ED and PB.
I was sitting back biting my nails hoping y'all wouldn't give our conference another black eye by not representing last Friday night. Oh, the stress I've been under, pulling for the Hornets. But you won, thank God.

But dang, the three of you look like three pathetic college students, visiting a high school and begging kids  a lot younger than you to a fight.
Look, if you three buffoons want to be back in our conference, the AAA has advised me that you can do one of two things.
Petition and beg them to be in a lower classification because of hardship(the hardship being a vast lack of talent). Or, gather up all of your nonfootball playing, band nerd, computer geek, friends. Threaten them to leave and be home schooled. This will lower the number of students you have, without digging into your lackluster talent base.

I'm kinda hurt by the stooges. I really am a Bryant fan and financial supported them. Several of us from ED are. We have given time and money to our old doormats, so they could represent us, in the weak 7A.
We are truly hurt that they are biting the hand that slapped them into shape. Slapped, being the key word!!!

zebradynasty

Venny you live in Mansfield...Bin Laden was gonna hide out there but the caves were all full with citizens of Mansfield! Tried to look you up in the Mansfield phone book...Why does eveyone have the same last name? Anyway I found a relative of yours named MaryJo Cussin when I called they explained that meant Marry Yo Cousin!

Scorp

Quote from: zebradynasty on November 16, 2010, 02:07:37 pm
Venny you live in Mansfield...Bin Laden was gonna hide out there but the caves were all full with citizens of Mansfield!

Wow .. you PineGruffians are a close knit, "circle the wagons" type people.   Case in point, from a few years ago when ZD was a local roving reporter.......

When a man in Pine Bluff came upon a wild dog attacking a young boy, he quickly grabbed the animal and throttled it with his two hands. A young reporter named ZD saw the incident, congratulated the man and told him the headline the following day would read, "Local Man Saves Child by Killing Vicious Animal."

The hero, however, told the journalist that he wasn't from Pine Bluff.

"Well, then," ZD the reporter said, "the headline will probably say, 'Jefferson County Man Saves Child by Killing Dog.'"

"Actually," the man said, "I'm from Bryant."

"In that case," ZD the reporter said in a huff, "the headline will read, 'Man Kills Family Pet'." - -

lparnell13

ok back to VB and ED I heard the gates are closing at 7 and that ED is roping 2/3 of the visitors section of for the ED fans?

thebigshot

Once the home side is filled up they will close the gates. I suggest if your an El Dorado fan get there at around 6:15.

Billyo62

Quote from: thebigshot on November 16, 2010, 04:41:41 pm
Once the home side is filled up they will close the gates. I suggest if your an El Dorado fan get there at around 6:15.

How many people fit on the Home side ?

thebigshot

I'm really not sure I'm not going to go out an put a number out because somebody will question it. Both home and visitor sides are very large. If your coming down Friday night don't be surprise if both sides are filled up before 7:30.  I remember back when I was still playing they shut both sides down and people were trying to watch from the fence line.

xtremewildcat

Quote from: Billyo62 on November 16, 2010, 04:42:54 pm
Quote from: thebigshot on November 16, 2010, 04:41:41 pm

How many people fit on the Home side ?

At one time I was told 4000. Today, I'm being told 5500. It is open seating. I think it's to the AD's discretion of when to shut the home side down.

MeanGreen

All I know is: It sure was nice seeing the Pointers out practicing past the regular season today. I sure we could play message board poster football games. I sure would like to tackle ole gatecrasher....

Patriotdad

VB going to win the  game and i was so wishing Marion would get a chance to smack eldo around...

trevster10

Quote from: thebigshot on November 16, 2010, 12:09:10 pm
I think there are a "Few" on here have lost their minds on certain things. Anybody can struggle in the playoffs including El Dorado, Southside, Bryant, Pine Bluff, Har-ber, etc.... It all comes down to who wants it the most. It comes down to the team with the "it" quality in the game. IF they have it they will find a way to win, they always do.  I remember when we were the #1 seed and got beat by #4 seed Russellville who was 3-7 in the first round.  Where I'm getting at is don't overlook anybody, if you do enjoy off season next week !!!

Bryant has a good progam but they just can't seem to make it through the playoffs. People on here team to judge other programs because who they lost to or beat. Somebody else gets on here and brings that team down because of who they lost and beat. You can't do that !!!!  Oh well.... What Do I know? I guess we will all see after Friday night who's still has a shot at Little Rock.

Um. Wow. I'm new to this but I...uh...agree with this.

And to all you PB posters that are going to get off on a Bentonville win over Bryant, keep in mind that Har-Ber mercy ruled Eldo. Bentonville beat Har-Ber by 2 TD's. So when we keep it a heck of a lot closer than 42-13, I don't really want to hear it from any of you.

Valleysports

Quote from: thebigshot on November 16, 2010, 12:09:10 pm

Sure expected to see some fireworks when logged back in!  ;D
Bigshot - is that you?  ;D  Wow good post!

gatecrasher

Let's see if I can cover tonight's rubbish from our upstarts from Van Buren.

rebel55...proved what? And call me anything you want...ask me if I care. You're irrelevant-just like your team. And since you choose to rant like my ex wife about the Pointer thing, I know you're full of BS. You have nothing better for me than that? Oh well, after Friday you'll be back in obscurity, while we make holiday plans with Lake Hamilton.

patriot dad...you wish you had a team that could push us around.

lparnell13

Vb and pb for the holidays el dorado is a no go calling it now

gatecrasher

You want your crow fried or smoked?

You need to get off that kool aid bro. You actually think you're gonna go down to our house, with over 10,000 purple clad Wildcat fans, where we haven't lost in over 2 years (19 games) and win?

Put down the pipe and step away from the table man....

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas