• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

El Dorado vs Van Buren

Started by thebigshot, November 13, 2010, 05:15:24 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

lparnell13

Quote from: gatecrasher on November 16, 2010, 09:19:08 pm
You want your crow fried or smoked?

You need to get off that kool aid bro. You actually think you're gonna go down to our house, with over 10,000 purple clad Wildcat fans, where we haven't lost in over 2 years (19 games) and win?

Put down the pipe and step away from the table man....

All things that end, end sh*+Ty unless they wouldn't end (so tht said it will come to a end)

Lol I would like it smoked

rebel55

November 16, 2010, 10:25:04 pm #101 Last Edit: November 16, 2010, 10:32:11 pm by rebel55
Well since you asked...I have apparently proven you have two come backs, both being ones that a third grader might use. Secondly (assuming you are not a third grader) and that's a big assumption on my part based on your replies, that you are an adult whose life and holiday plans revolve around trying to relive the glory days you never had through your highschool football team. I'm sure IF they win they will love having you at practice and traveling with the team on Thanksgiving as you make holiday plans with the team.

"You actually think you're gonna go down to our house, with over 10,000 purple clad Wildcat fans, where we haven't lost in over 2 years (19 games) and win?"
.......Also very knowledgeable to imply that eldo will never lose another home game in the rest of school history.
Please for your own sake, find something else to do, you are way to easy and no challenge for......

The Cat

Oh I can't wait here comes another great comeback
PS your really getting under my skin...give me a break, I'm gonna go to sleep now and then spend another 30 seconds tomorow on you because your getting under my skin so bad. You may want to set a different goal because you are failing miserably at this one.

trevster10

Okay, even I get sick of this argument. The one about "your still stuck in your high school days."

2 Things possible here..

1 - You are also a parent, and just as much "stuck in your high school days" as the guy you are telling that, too.

Or 2 - You are a player. But, in that case, why are you so self-concious that you are worried about a fan of another school making a prediction, that you feel the need to ridicule that person? How about you go work on keeping your focus on playing for and with the team that you play for and get off of the message boards? Thanks.

rebel55

or......

3. Someone who knows something about football and the fact that this guys "predictions" are ridiculous, not based on an football knowledge and only on the fact that he thinks his team is unbeatable, and made to try and "get under people's skin".
This would be a prediction
Eldo 45
VB 7
Eldo has to much speed and athleticism for the pointers and I don't think they will be able to keep up.
Good luck to all and hope the game is injury free. VB fans have a safe trip.

Gate Crasher:
We're gonna beat VB so bad someone will be callin DHS before it is done.
I wanna meet these announcers too. Really...
He has no clue what was said or who said it and no he probably doesn't want to meet Clark Moore
It's all moot after Friday anyhow. We're gonna thrash these upstarts and hand them all basketballs after the game
That's using football knowledge to make a prediction? If you think so I'll put you in the same boat.

trevster10

I understand what you are saying, but.

What does supposedly knowing more about football than someone else have to do with "being stuck in your high school days"?

thebigshot

Parnell....

Are you coming to El Dorado friday?

rebel55

November 16, 2010, 11:07:44 pm #106 Last Edit: November 16, 2010, 11:13:24 pm by rebel55
Nothing.
As long as you understand my point.
Pet Peeve I understand, he said we as if he was on the team and with them daily, so based on his obnoxious statements I thought it fit the bill. He seemed a little ridiculous just to be a fan of the team who knew football and was making a prediction. I would like to think someone that played and has some football knowledge would not make ridiculous statements and know that when it comes to this point in the playoffs, most anyone can beat anyone else on any given night. So one might assume that statements like his would come for some other reason, but your probably right.

trevster10

Quote from: rebel55 on November 16, 2010, 11:07:44 pm
Nothing.
As long as you understand my point.
Pet Peeve I understand, he said we as if he was on the team and with them daily, so based on his obnoxious statements I thought it fit the bill. He seemed a little ridiculous just to be a fan of the team who knew football and was making a prediction. I would like to think someone that played and has some football knowledge would not make ridiculous statements and know that when it comes to this point in the playoffs, most anyone can beat anyone else on any given night. So one might assume that statements like his would come for some other reason, but your probably right.

I understand. Gate really does know what he's talking about. You're right though, he could have worded his prediction differently.

Good luck to both teams this Friday. (Go Van Buren)  ;D

bigeldofan

no clark moore probably wouldnt want to meet one of us i am pretty sure.

rebel55

If he does that's fine but he sure doesn't help himself out by the statements he makes. He makes it sound just the opposite. How many times has he seen VB play. If you know him what is he basing his predictions on other than he is an eldo fan and has seen them play. The point I'm trying to make is I and many others who know football realize it is a lttle foolish to say one team is going to destroy another, especially as I said at this point in the playoffs when most teams left are at the least solid.  Let alone saying it when you know little to nothing about one of the teams involved.

bigeldofan

what he is basing his opinion on is we had a real good friend that went and watched them play nlr which is a common opponent with eldo and vb could not hang with nlr speed wise. that being said it was also brought up that vb might have laid down on nlr  , marion did that a couple of years ago and almost upset eldo that game was totally scouted wrong so vb got scouted again last week during the first round of the playoffs and they still didnt show anything different. so we think eldo will smash them. good east teams hadnt been able to hang with good south teams in the playoffs since 6a started but i guess something could change.

sprtsfan

Quote from: bigeldofan on November 16, 2010, 11:54:58 pm
what he is basing his opinion on is we had a real good friend that went and watched them play nlr which is a common opponent with eldo and vb could not hang with nlr speed wise. that being said it was also brought up that vb might have laid down on nlr  , marion did that a couple of years ago and almost upset eldo that game was totally scouted wrong so vb got scouted again last week during the first round of the playoffs and they still didnt show anything different. so we think eldo will smash them. good east teams hadnt been able to hang with good south teams in the playoffs since 6a started but i guess something could change.

When did El Dorado play NLR?  What was the score?

Billyo62

Quote from: sprtsfan on November 17, 2010, 07:14:21 am
Quote from: bigeldofan on November 16, 2010, 11:54:58 pm

When did El Dorado play NLR?  What was the score?

2009- 19-18 Eldo
2008- 8-3  Nlr

rebel55

That is a much more viable  prediction however comparing opponents and scores, especially one oponent and a team from a different year, is not very reliable.I was told NLR was starting 7 or 8 sophs who weren't even on the team last year and NLR was a different team every week of the season this year. If so you could say VB played conway tougher than Elo played Hrber, conway beat SHS handily and SHS beat Hrber. Guess everyone will know after Friday.

lparnell13

Yes i will be makeing that long drive to el dorado y the question?

Valleysports

Quote from: bigeldofan on November 16, 2010, 11:21:11 pm
no clark moore probably wouldnt want to meet one of us i am pretty sure.

I'll garantuee he don't want to meet El Do fans - I saw em!  Which one of y'all was watching the Harber Game from your deer stand?  The one on top of the Blue Chevy, not the Ford. That thing is up there!  I was wondering where those pretty women, at that restaraunt, are coming from but then I remembered it's a Mexican Establishment.

Coach Venny Slocombe

Quote from: zebradynasty on November 16, 2010, 02:07:37 pm
Venny you live in Mansfield...Bin Laden was gonna hide out there but the caves were all full with citizens of Mansfield! Tried to look you up in the Mansfield phone book...Why does eveyone have the same last name? Anyway I found a relative of yours named MaryJo Cussin when I called they explained that meant Marry Yo Cousin!
I wouldn't go there ZD, cause I highly doubt that most in PB knows who there daddy is anyway and if ask they would say El Dorado...or any 7A team...lol

zebradynasty

Venny, since we beat 2 7A schools this year I doubt they will claim to be our "daddy".

I am sure everyone in Mansfield knows who their daddy is...it's the same person as their brother, uncle, cousin...!   ;D

Coach Venny Slocombe

Quote from: zebradynasty on November 17, 2010, 11:58:10 am
Venny, since we beat 2 7A schools this year I doubt they will claim to be our "daddy".

I am sure everyone in Mansfield knows who their daddy is...it's the same person as their brother, uncle, cousin...!   ;D
Since I know everyone is Mansfield I can assure you I know that isn't true. But in PB's case, it is true...or they don't know at all...and it still takes nothing away from the fact that PB is a nasty city (I can call it a city now but in ten years it will be called a community). Clean the place up a bit and maybe you might get some move-ins...

thebigshot

Quote from: lparnell13 on November 17, 2010, 09:02:53 am
Yes i will be makeing that long drive to el dorado y the question?

just wondering, be careful.

lparnell13

Thanks will be and Looking forward to watching the game

thebigshot

How many seniors are starting on this Van Buren team?

lparnell13

15 sr playing.. all of O line and most of D Line and Linebackers oh and QB and 1 Receiver. so next are O line be all new :-[

thebigshot

When was the last time these two played? I know these two have playoff history I was wondering does anybody can recall any information? I want to say El Dorado played Van Buren in 1999 1st round in the playoffs but I'm not 100% sure.

gatecrasher

We beat VB 23-6 in a first round game in 1999.

gatecrasher

And it amazes me how someone on a message board knows me so well. After all, this dude apparently assumes I know nothing about his team.

Boy you have no idea.

Ty

Say it with me now.

17th place! 17th place!

gatecrasher

Demazette has us 4th overall...
that's not 17th now is it?

xtremewildcat

VB is hard to read. I hope we play the team that lost badly to NLR. If their offense is clicking, we may have a problem on our hands. Any team that has a bunch of senior starters, will be tough to beat. However, a couple of things will make a difference, 5000 screaming ED fans and a five hour bus ride. But trust me, VB is no cupcake!!!

ED 42
VB  31

Billyo62

Quote from: gatecrasher on November 17, 2010, 09:11:34 pm

Sorry but You Might and I say Might finish 4th in the 7A West....You play in the 400+ best conference in the country so it's hard to tell if your even that good..

xtremewildcat

Quote from: Billyo62 on November 18, 2010, 07:59:36 am

Sorry but You Might and I say Might finish 4th in the 7A West....You play in the 400+ best conference in the country so it's hard to tell if your even that good..

Do you realize that you just gave us a very big compliment Billy. You may have just been placed on the "lynch list" by your brothers!!!

Billyo62

Quote from: xtremewildcat on November 18, 2010, 08:02:26 am
Quote from: Billyo62 on November 18, 2010, 07:59:36 am

Do you realize that you just gave us a very big compliment Billy. You may have just been placed on the "lynch list" by your brothers!!!

EL Do is a good football team..and I hope you realize my post wasn't meant as a slam..It's just hard to judge teams that are not in the 7A West, The West has been Brutal the last few years...

xtremewildcat

zebradynasty

Hard to judge teams not in the 7A West? Billy it's not that hard a good team is a good team and you can tell a lot just watching. I have no doubt that Shiloh can and probably would beat anyone in the 7A west! They have the size, coaching, skill, scheme and conditioning  to do so. Their weaknesses team speed and depth. Team speed is not a big deal in the West because everyone is in the same boat speed wise. Depth would be an issue although Shiloh's lineman seem to be well conditioned. I wish I could have seen the Eldo vs HarBer game it is hard for me to say if HarBer is that much better or did Eldo went up there and did a choke job or both!

As it relates to this thread the idea that VB is good simply because they played  more 7A teams is a stretch. I do not and will not believe that a mediocre 7A school is better than a good 6A school. VB beat some not very good 7A teams or should I say some not very good teams period. Against good teams they lost for the most part convincingly. So I encourage you to look at what's a good team not at the the number of A's

Billyo62

Quote from: zebradynasty on November 18, 2010, 09:13:12 am
Hard to judge teams not in the 7A West? Billy it's not that hard a good team is a good team and you can tell a lot just watching. I have no doubt that Shiloh can and probably would beat anyone in the 7A west! They have the size, coaching, skill, scheme and conditioning  to do so. Their weaknesses team speed and depth. Team speed is not a big deal in the West because everyone is in the same boat speed wise. Depth would be an issue although Shiloh's lineman seem to be well conditioned. I wish I could have seen the Eldo vs HarBer game it is hard for me to say if HarBer is that much better or did Eldo went up there and did a choke job or both!

As it relates to this thread the idea that VB is good simply because they played  more 7A teams is a stretch. I do not and will not believe that a mediocre 7A school is better than a good 6A school. VB beat some not very good 7A teams or should I say some not very good teams period. Against good teams they lost for the most part convincingly. So I encourage you to look at what's a good team not at the the number of A's

I never said VB was good period.
I never said a mediocre 7A team would beat a Good 6A Team
The best Football in Arkansas is in The 7A West.. just a fact.

And yes it's hard to judge how good a team really is when they play inferior competition..

Scorp

QuoteI have no doubt that Shiloh can and probably would beat anyone in the 7A west!

Yikes!!  Wanting to stir the pot early this morning, huh?

ZD ... I'd think you would actually be pulling for VB to knock Eldo out of the way since they have totally had y'alls number the past few years.

MeanGreen

Quote from: zebradynasty on November 18, 2010, 09:13:12 am

1. Shiloh, can beat any 7A West...Wow, that's all I have to say on that topic. 2. VB goes with how well their passing is working. Bad game throwing the ball, bad game peroid. With that said, the QB will be fine, he's got a schollie with the Diamond Hogs.....

5 Johnny Bench

VB playing w/ alot of confidence lately....  All the 7A experience gonna lift em over El Dorado by 14

bigeldofan

the only confidence vb has is that they were able to score on conway,and nlr after they let off the gas and put the second team in nlr game was 34 to 0 at one point in the game the first team came out in the 3rd quarter and they had 6 starters that were sophomores. fact remains eldo has athletes at every position on def they will not score that much on the first team and coach panter may very well go for a shut out to shut some folks up.

thebigshot

Okay I guess some of you have forgot what I posted several days ago.  You got one clown on here saying 17th place 17th place.  Nobody is 17th place in 6A. I guess some people are just to stupid to see it. Your pretty much saying Catholic, Central, Northside, Hall, etc. is better than the #1 team in 6A. Is that right? You been hit in the head way to many times and you need to get yourself checked out.

I love how somebody get on here and compare the 7A MASTERMIND WEST Conference to other conferences. Thats the first thing somebody wants to bring up. I'm tired of reading the same thing everyday when I get on here when somebody post how great the West is. West is this west is that.. Who cares how good they are. They are not any better than the other conferences around the state. The West to can be beat and they have weaknesses, they are not perfect and they can be beat !!! Some of you on here really need to wake up jump off the band wagon for once.  I'm just going to ask this WHAT IF there is a all central championship this year. Your going have a lot of people proclaiming how football is down in the 7A west because a West team isn't in the state championship game. Am I right or not? Anytime a west team isn't in the state championship game, somebody will get on here and say its a down year. It never fails.  Har-ber isn't as perfect as everybody made out to be. They only played a half of game with El Dorado and pulled away with a win. What would had happen if El Dorado did played all 4 rounds? Southside smashed the running game down Har-Bers throat and you saw what happen. Southside pulled away with a win. 

By the way the best football isn't played in 7A. 7A isn't all that like how people make it seems to be.

Billyo62

Quote from: thebigshot on November 18, 2010, 01:45:21 pm

By the way the best football isn't played in 7A. 7A isn't all that like how people make it seems to be.

The 7A West is currently ranked the #20 toughest Conference in America
The 6A South is Currently ranked the #416 toughest Conference in America.

What other conference would you like to compare to  ;)

bigeldofan

yea billy and har-ber was in the top 15 or 20 this year and they was wrong about that to if i was you i wouldnt go off them rankings there buddy.

Earl is my Hero!!

Quote from: xtremewildcat on November 18, 2010, 08:02:26 am

We quit lynching people in the '50's.

We may bring it back for you though...J/K...

But seriously folks, Eddie sent me over here to keep an eye on the battle for 17th place.

<================Please notice all the stars under my name to the left.

Remember 3rd grade when the teacher left the room? Well, I'm taking names baby!!!!!

Billyo62

Quote from: bigeldofan on November 18, 2010, 01:58:54 pm
yea billy and har-ber was in the top 15 or 20 this year and they was wrong about that to if i was you i wouldnt go off them rankings there buddy.

It's not where you start it's where you finish...It's more of a guess at the beginning..just look at the RPS, it gets more accurate as the season progresses after 10 games you have a pretty good body of work to judge a team..

El Do should beat VB by no less than 14 Points anything less and well they ain't as good as you think... even though they got mercy ruled by a 3rd place team from the west..

bigeldofan

i cant argue with that. i don,t think they would beat us that bad now though.

Billyo62

Quote from: bigeldofan on November 18, 2010, 02:14:44 pm
i cant argue with that. i don,t think they would beat us that bad now though.

Maybe not, But I honestly think El Do should man handle VB..I think the only thing that will slow down El Do in this game is El Do...

thebigshot

November 18, 2010, 02:32:46 pm #146 Last Edit: November 18, 2010, 02:34:19 pm by thebigshot
Quote from: Billyo62 on November 18, 2010, 01:53:37 pm

Rankings are just numbers !!!! Numbers don't mean nothing. El Dorado (we) are #1 in the state. Do I care that we are #1 right now? No, I could care less were we are ranked at.  Most of the time when your so high in the ranked your team will get cocky and will get the big head on certain things. I love when a team has confidencec but sometimes these rankings will make a team cocky and can get you beat in a hurry.

For example. In college look at Boise State is #3 in the nation. Do the belong there? No !! Who have that played besides New Mexico State and Lousiana Tech. Let them play somebody from the SEC and Big 12 we can see if they are still #3 after playing one of those teams.  Numbers don't mean nothing anybody can be ranked so high and get the dog crap kicked out of them and they are back at the bottom.  Numbers and rankings don't mean nothing, its just for the fans.

NOW COMPARE THAT !!!!

Billyo62

Quote from: thebigshot on November 18, 2010, 02:32:46 pm
Quote from: Billyo62 on November 18, 2010, 01:53:37 pm

Rankings are just numbers !!!! Numbers don't mean nothing. El Dorado (we) are #1 in the state. Do I care that we are #1 right now? No, I could care less were we are ranked at.  Most of the time when your so high in the ranked your team will get cocky and will get the big head on certain things. I love when a team has confidencec but sometimes these rankings will make a team cocky and can get you beat in a hurry.

For example. In college look at Boise State is #3 in the nation. Do the belong there? No !! Who have that played besides New Mexico State and Lousiana Tech. Let them play somebody from the SEC and Big 12 we can see if they are still #3 after playing one of those teams.  Numbers don't mean nothing anybody can be ranked so high and get the dog crap kicked out of them and they are back at the bottom.  Numbers and rankings don't mean nothing, its just for the fans.

NOW COMPARE THAT !!!!

That's why I like to compare strength of schedules and results throughout the year.. VB has played a tougher schedule, but they didn't beat any of those teams so it doesn't mean much..anyone can play better teams and lose..

thebigshot

So Alma and Harrison is little stronger than Camden and Magnolia? Just wondering...

They did play Bryant, and Conway. El Dorado played Pine Bluff, Lake Hamilton, Texarkana, Har-Ber..

thebigshot

whats so tough about VB schedule ?

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas