• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

El Dorado vs Van Buren

Started by thebigshot, November 13, 2010, 05:15:24 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

thebigshot

Let's hear it game of the week !!!!

ricepig

Game of the week? Maybe just one of many games this week, haha.

6ASOUTHPURPLECAT

Heard that a person from Eldo was driving home last night from NWA and listening to the end of the VB game and heard a comment from the VB announcers.  Something to the effect that Eldo does not know what they are in for next week. Something about Eldo hasn't played anyone yet.  I hope they keep that attitude.  ;D

Billyo62

Quote from: 6ASOUTHPURPLECAT on November 13, 2010, 06:36:31 pm
Heard that a person from Eldo was driving home last night from NWA and listening to the end of the VB game and heard a comment from the VB announcers.  Something to the effect that Eldo does not know what they are in for next week. Something about Eldo hasn't played anyone yet.   I hope they keep that attitude.  ;D

Maybe he meant you haven't BEAT anyone yet, and who cares he's an announcer..

6ASOUTHPURPLECAT

Quote from: Billyo62 on November 13, 2010, 06:52:55 pm
Heard that a person from Eldo was driving home last night from NWA and listening to the end of the VB game and heard a comment from the VB announcers.  Something to the effect that Eldo does not know what they are in for next week. Something about Eldo hasn't played anyone yet.   I hope they keep that attitude.  ;D

Billy...don't make me call Gate on ya arse.  ;D

Earl is my Hero!!

Quote from: thebigshot on November 13, 2010, 05:15:24 pm
Let's hear it game of the week !!!!

Yeah, in pee-wee football maybe...

Billyo62

Quote from: 6ASOUTHPURPLECAT on November 13, 2010, 08:01:07 pm

Billy...don't make me call Gate on ya arse.  ;D

LOL- Oh don't do that !  :o

You know Van Buren hasn't really beat anyone either , but they have played a tougher schedule...but they lost to those teams...what does that mean.. ELDO should win by 14+ if they are as good as they think they are.. just sayin as Gate would put it..

gatecrasher

We're gonna beat VB so bad someone will be callin DHS before it is done.

I wanna meet these announcers too. Really...

ricepig

Why would you want to meet them, get their autograph?

sprtsfan

Quote from: gatecrasher on November 13, 2010, 09:31:47 pm
We're gonna beat VB so bad someone will be callin DHS before it is done.

I wanna meet these announcers too. Really...

I'm sure Clarke Moore would be reeeaaall scared...just sayin...

gatecrasher

wth are you talking about?

All Im wanting to do is feed him some crow. You come on here talking about dumb crap...and Im being politically correct about it too.

bigeldofan

vb is not gonna come to eldo and do anything but get spanked.

xtremewildcat

What do they do well? I heard they are kinda like LH. Multiple formations and a bunch of passing. Do they run at all?

urban legend

It'll be a game for about a quarter and a half...but that's about it. In the end, it'll be a lopsided El Dorado win.

Billyo62

I think this game has the potential to be a lot better than some folks think, but can VB slow down EL Dorados offense enough to win, I just don't see it, but I think VB will score 3 TD's Plus.. so it could be a good game up until late in the 4th qtr

urban legend

That's the thing that I believe will turn it into a wide margin victory for ED. Not sure if VB defense can stop them, especially if ED begins churning out yards on the ground.

baddcopp

Van Buren is well coached and they play hard. But playing hard slowly gives in to speed and athleticism. If Eldo comes out sharp it wont last long. I think they will be okay for maybe a quarter while Eldo gets it goin. But then it should be over.

thebigshot

Who has Van Buren beat?

Billyo62

Quote from: thebigshot on November 14, 2010, 12:04:19 pm

Who has Van Buren beat?

Nobody just like I posted, but they have played a tougher schedule..which doesn't mean much if they lost to those teams...

Ty

They have a really good wide receiver who is a possible D1 player with Spoon at QB, who signed to play baseball at the U of A.

Truthfully, that's all I know.

lparnell13

Its going to be a long week waiting for this game and does el dorado have truf or grass?

xtremewildcat

Quote from: lparnell13 on November 14, 2010, 01:28:06 pm
Its going to be a long week waiting for this game and does el dorado have truf or grass?

Turf.

Let me tell you a secret.
ED's defense is built to stop spread/passing teams. Which is why PB/WC/TX give them good games. We do better against teams like VB and LH.
That's why I wanted to know, how much does VB run the ball?

lparnell13

We don't run as much as we did in the past but we do have 3 or 4 good receivers and a pretty good QB

ChucktownTigerFan

I would like to see VB go further in the playoffs. I haven't been to a VB game since I graduated there.. Going back to the 3A boards now..

zebradynasty

Talked with some Benton fans and according to them Van Buren is not very big and was not very fast. If true that combination spells a lopsided victory for Eldo! Judging from the NLR vs VB score I see VB struggling. Eldo isn't big as NLR but they maybe as fast and certainly more discipline and better coached. The fact that VB played some 7A west schools means nothing because they didn't beat any of the good 7A teams and the 7A schools they did beat none had a winning record!

gatecrasher

I see us getting off to a fast start and having some fun. As long as our kids aren't looking past the Pointers (what is a Pointer anyhow??), we should cruise.

Absolut

gatecrasher

I'm not a dog expert, so I learned something this evening. ;D

ricepig

Someone said they specialize in pointing at puddey catz.

coach_lee

The announcer was misquoted in all of this.  I listened to every second of the broadcast.  What the announcer said was that nobody knows what VB will do in the playoffs because they haven't played 6A teams.  He never played down El Dorado, and never said that VB would beat Eldo, he just said the sky was the limit for VB.  The only thing about Eldo that he said was that should VB get passed El Dorado, then they have as good a chance as anyone to take the whole thing. 

That being said, it may or may not be a lopsided game, and the trash talk is fun, but don't do a third party misquote to make VB sound cocky about it.

gatecrasher

It's all moot after Friday anyhow. We're gonna thrash these upstarts and hand them all basketballs after the game. ;D

lparnell13

Its funny that they said that we are not very fast when we would break one none of there defense could keep up even with our reserve in or with our receivers burning there corners all night ;D

gatecrasher

which game are u talking about?

lparnell13

Quote from: zebradynasty on November 14, 2010, 07:29:23 pm
Talked with some Benton fans and according to them Van Buren is not very big and was not very fast. If true that combination spells a lopsided victory for Eldo! Judging from the NLR vs VB score I see VB struggling. Eldo isn't big as NLR but they maybe as fast and certainly more discipline and better coached. The fact that VB played some 7A west schools means nothing because they didn't beat any of the good 7A teams and the 7A schools they did beat none had a winning record!

I thought I put the quote in my bad

Valleysports

Van Buren started off strong against Alma, Rogers, Harrison, . . . then beat the 7A Centrals bottom, Catholic, Russellville, and Central by 10 points.  From there it went down hill!  Seriously - game of the week?  ::) 

I wish El Do could've played or somehow get in 7A playoffs now, just to test themselves. This state has drastically overlooked Taylor, unlike others.  ;)

zebradynasty

Added clarification when I was talking to the Benton fan the actual quote was that VB wasn't any faster than them. Benton's team speed is not very good and he and I acknowledged that. The point is VB has had trouble with big fast teams so Friday spells trouble for them.

AHS06

VB has not beat anyone this year.  Eldorado will have fun with them at home Friday.

Scorp

If you look at the games VB lost to upper 7A teams ... you'll notice they did score a lot.  I'd guess they'll be able to score against Eldo also, but will have a hard time keeping Eldo from scoring.  I can see them scoring at least 21 on Eldo.

For reference...

they scored 41 on LRC ...  26 on Bryant ... 28 on Catholic ... 26 on Conway ... 28 on Cabot .. 21 on NLR

I'm thinking  38 - 24 type game possibly, unless eldo turns the ball over a couple of times.  It'll get real interesting if that happens.

FearDEMZs

Quote from: AHS06 on November 15, 2010, 11:22:49 am
VB has not beat anyone this year.  Eldorado will have fun with them at home Friday.
I agree.

FearDEMZs

Quote from: Scorp on November 15, 2010, 11:32:21 am
If you look at the games VB lost to upper 7A teams ... you'll notice they did score a lot.  I'd guess they'll be able to score against Eldo also, but will have a hard time keeping Eldo from scoring.  I can see them scoring at least 21 on Eldo.

For reference...

they scored 41 on LRC ...  26 on Bryant ... 28 on Catholic ... 26 on Conway ... 28 on Cabot .. 21 on NLR

I'm thinking  38 - 24 type game possibly, unless eldo turns the ball over a couple of times.  It'll get real interesting if that happens.
A true Van Buren fan!!!! Oh......I forgot its Bryant, right? Van Bryant....it doesn't matter, both teams get their arses kicked this week.

AHS06

For reference...

Those points were probably scored on the other teams JV and late in the game. 

LRC 41-31 (They let Central score 31 points)
Bryant 49-26
Conway 44-26
NLR 63-21 (I thought this type of score was the reason for the mercy rule)

Eldorado enjoys an easy victory at home this friday. 

lparnell13

Can't to see or how much the eldo fans like to talk after they get beat in a close game but im sure they will have some excuse to say something  ;D and also from reading from other ppl we can go back in forth about who played who deal just can't wait till friday

lparnell13

That will stir the pot for a min ;)

Scorp

Quote from: FearDEMZs on November 15, 2010, 11:41:19 am

For reference...

A true Van Buren fan!!!! Oh......I forgot its Bryant, right? Van Bryant....it doesn't matter, both teams get their arses kicked this week.

With the stripedhorses very soft pass defense .... y'all should consider yourselves lucky that VB didn't wind up in y'alls bracket!

zebradynasty

Just how would you know how soft our pass defense is? We haven't faced but one truly good spread offense all year!

FearDEMZs

Quote from: Scorp on November 15, 2010, 12:08:42 pm
Quote from: FearDEMZs on November 15, 2010, 11:41:19 am

For reference...

With the stripedhorses very soft pass defense .... y'all should consider yourselves lucky that VB didn't wind up in y'alls bracket!
I'm not here to fight with you Scorp.....You don't want to get into it with me...I will win the war of words..But if you must, try this one on for size..Bryant's season ends this week and so does Van Buren's. Get ready for basketball or whatever your favorite secondary sport is. Now...go back to the 7A and discuss both Bryant and Van Buren. We don't care about either program over here. You can combine both programs and become the Van Bryant Pointornets and Bentonville will still wax that arse for ya Friday ;D!!! Bye now...

Scorp

QuoteGet ready for basketball or whatever your favorite secondary sport is.

ummmm ... that would be Baseball!!   ;D

QuoteBryant's season ends 

PB's will also .. without them getting that magical #17 trophy and ring!  (again)

zebradynasty

Scorp I would think you would use your considerable skills at BS to try and find a way for Bryant to make it past the second round! Maybe you could BS AAA into letting y'all play a weak 7A west squad like...Northside! Then you could finally start winning more than one playoff every few years and...wait minute Northside 36 Bryant 21! So I guess that wont work...well you just really need to shut up! ;D

Scorp

QuoteMaybe you could BS AAA into letting y'all play a weak 7A west squad

Or maybe ...  let us complete in the weak 6A-South.  Wait a minute....  they did a few years back  .. how that turn out for y'all??

zebradynasty

You still miss the point! You need to be worried about BRYANT. Bentonville is ready to mercy rule you and your worried about what PB did/didn't do 5 years ago! Reminds me of a scene in the movie Titanic when the ship was sinking and the band was still playing! Just like in the movie PB will be sitting in the life boat when Bentonville splits you in half and drives your arse 2 miles below the stadium! I sure you'll take solace that PB is #17. 10-15 years from now when you have won your 10th playoff victory in school history, Bryant will be remembered just like the Titanic. Except instead of a pile of junk on the bottom of the ocean you'll be a pile a junk at the bottom of 7A!  ;D

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas