• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Texarkana @ Jonesboro

Started by ricepig, November 13, 2010, 11:17:22 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Hoghead

Quote from: ricepig on November 16, 2010, 10:28:49 pm
Ok, that's really any shaking statement. Why would J'boro think that? The Canes have been working on Tex for about two weeks, I think you have their attention.
Once again, I think Jonesboro will win. BUT......Texarkana can and will beat you if your "A" Game aint on. Yes you'll be another easy EAST win for them.

barberkev

Quote from: Hoghead on November 16, 2010, 10:34:03 pm
Ok, that's really any shaking statement. Why would J'boro think that? The Canes have been working on Tex for about two weeks, I think you have their attention.
Once again, I think Jonesboro will win. BUT......Texarkana can and will beat you if your "A" Game aint on. Yes you'll be another easy EAST win for them.
this is confussing!!  so you think jboro can win but basically they will have to bring a cat5 hurricane with them in order to do it? ( just wanted to make sure thats basically what you meant!)

Hoghead

Quote from: barberkev on November 16, 2010, 10:48:47 pm
Quote from: Hoghead on November 16, 2010, 10:34:03 pm
this is confussing!!  so you think jboro can win but basically they will have to bring a cat5 hurricane with them in order to do it? ( just wanted to make sure thats basically what you meant!)
Yes !! Jonesboro will have to bring a Cat 5 to win !

barberkev

Patriotdad

I think all the games friday are really going to be great to watch , believe this ones going to go down to the wire too..

big tightend

if jboro can score once they get inside the 20 they will win.  I saw them play WM and they couldnt. Also if tex runs a 5 man front it will hurt jboro, O line had problems bloking it against WM. I think def can play well enough to win but can off score when they have to and not wait on big plays. Just what i saw against WM.

Patriotdad

Good luck to both teams hope its a great game!

AHS06

ricepig

It should be a good game, probably will come down to which team's QB takes care of the ball the best.

bigeldofan

that is what the announcer said at the jonesboro eldo game 2 years ago. cat 5 hurricane but when eldo left town it was clear skies.  there wasnt even a gentle breeze that night.

ricepig

Just our lead-in to the team taking the field, I don't think too many were predicting a Hurricane victory. That was Jonesboro's first playoff experience in years and it showed.

Patriotdad

thebigshot

word of advice.... Dont let texarkana fool you.

thebigshot

MrsTayla

Hoghead

Hey Jonesboro ! I TOLD YA SO !!!!!!! But No you thought Texarkana was gonna lay down. See Ya !

ricepig

I'm glad you have so much class, but hats off to Tex, they made 3 plays and they all counted.

Hoghead

Quote from: ricepig on November 19, 2010, 10:48:30 pm
I'm glad you have so much class, but hats off to Tex, they made 3 plays and they all counted.

You can reach for any excuse you need to feel better. I'm a classy guy. But I told you this could happen if Jonesboro didn't put AHS to sleep. Good Season Jonesboro. Hat's off on losing at HOME to a LOWER SEED Texarkana team.

barberkev

im with ya rp!! just because they are successfull doesnt mean they have class!!!!

FearDEMZs

Quote from: FearDEMZs on November 15, 2010, 07:25:18 am
Ok. Lets put the crap to rest. The elite of the south being PB,ELDO,LH, and TEX at times (not in any specific order) can beat ANY team from the east. We are stronger, faster..definitely more physical, and more fundamentally sound. The East playoff drive ends Friday..Sorry east folks..

LH 35
Marion 14

Eldo 40
Vanby Bambi 7

PB 38
Jville 10

Tex 21
Jonesboro 14.......If the real razorbacks show up
Told ya!!!!

Big Abner

Ricepig you guys get that Cam Newton package ready yet for me...I'm looking at houses...lol sounds like it was a good game to the end....

ricepig

Quote from: Hoghead on November 19, 2010, 11:13:20 pm

You can reach for any excuse you need to feel better. I'm a classy guy. But I told you this could happen if Jonesboro didn't put AHS to sleep. Good Season Jonesboro. Hat's off on losing at HOME to a LOWER SEED Texarkana team.

Excuse??? You must have a reading comprehension problem, I said Tex makes 3 big plays and wins the game, I didn't blame it on anyone. We 're the one who spit and sputtered all night on offense, you can't trade FG's for TD's. I think we had like our 7th or 8th holding call inside the red zone this year, it was a problem all year.

I do have a question, does your team not take a knee on an injury? I've never seen a team run plays and joke around while the other team is huddled in prayer waiting for the ambulance. The young man suffered a broken neck and is in Le Bonheur in Memphis.

ricepig

Big Ab, I didn't know you were a preacher? We suffered the problems we've had all season, running the ball in the red zone, guess we need a big offensive tackle, huh?

AHS06

Quote from: ricepig on November 15, 2010, 11:34:15 am
Heck, Sheridan beat you, I've watched film, El Do or PB, you're not.
4 seed Texarkana beats 1 seed Jonesboro. 

ALL SOUTH AGAIN, COMPLETE SWEEP OF THE EAST PRETENDERS

NOW FOCUSED ON A RETURN TRIP TO PINE BLUFF!

ricepig

Another game where we dominate the stat sheet, but don't get the win. Misfires in the red zone and 2 turnovers killed the Canes.

MrsTayla

It wasn't the hogs best game by far, either: Bad snaps, should've had six interceptions instead of two,poor tackling, etc.  Defense kept both teams in it for awhile. The difference was touchdowns to field goals.

AHS06

Quote from: ricepig on November 20, 2010, 09:20:49 am
Another game where we dominate the stat sheet, but don't get the win. Misfires in the red zone and 2 turnovers killed the Canes.
Jonesboro dominated at the start of the game, but not the entire game.  There  were several  Jonesboro passes, where Texarkana literally drops about 5 ints.  Jonesboro had one big run, and those passing yrds came when we were in a prevent defense.  Both DEFENSES played EXTREMELY well in this DEFENSIVE BATTLE.  Our offense  played poorly but made plays when needed.  A loss is a loss and we know that better than anyone, last second lost to defending champs Eldo.  Good job Razorbacks you guys took care of business on your business trip.

ricepig

Yep, in the beginning I figured your coach would have hog tied your center, definitely hurt your offensive production. Tex did drop 3 chances for picks, we suffered in the passing game all year, kind of hard to believe for a Jonesboro team lately. I know stats don't mean much, but they final numbers were J'oro 351 yards, Tex 270 yards. If you take out J'boro's 51 yard run and Tex's 72 yard run, it was a defensive battle.

Hoghead

Quote from: ricepig on November 19, 2010, 11:50:31 pm
Quote from: Hoghead on November 19, 2010, 11:13:20 pm

Excuse??? You must have a reading comprehension problem, I said Tex makes 3 big plays and wins the game, I didn't blame it on anyone. We 're the one who spit and sputtered all night on offense, you can't trade FG's for TD's. I think we had like our 7th or 8th holding call inside the red zone this year, it was a problem all year.

I do have a question, does your team not take a knee on an injury? I've never seen a team run plays and joke around while the other team is huddled in prayer waiting for the ambulance. The young man suffered a broken neck and is in Le Bonheur in Memphis.
You said I didn't have class. You didn't mention the injury until you latter post. Sorry for the injury and for how maybe AHS players acted. I know people latch on to things in a loss and point out anything they can to make the other team seem to be a bunch of  bums. My only point in my "I told ya so" remark was. I told you Texarkana was gonna bring it. I told you if Jonesboro played bad that Texarkana would walk out of Craighead County with a win. Basically Jonesboro did exactly what I said. Played Bad and got beat by an average AHS team. 

ricepig

Yes, you are correct, Jonesboro sputtered in the red zone as the have all year. Until they learn how to put their hand on the ground and stay low, they will struggle in short yardage situations. Tex has some athletes, but I figure will struggle against PB.

Hoghead

^^^^ AHS will have it's hands full with PB. I see the Zebras winning this one 28 - 14. Good luck to all.

LHFan21

Quote from: Patriotdad on November 15, 2010, 08:07:04 am
Friday will not be the end of the East!!!!

Patriotdad...anything you want to change about your statement??
more like.."Friday...the East got...ummm...NOWHERE!! Once again!." The end.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas