• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Texarkana @ Jonesboro

Started by ricepig, November 13, 2010, 11:17:22 am

Previous topic - Next topic

ricepig

Tex makes the long drive up to Cooksey-Johns field to take on the Hurricane. For the third straight year Jonesboro will take on a South team after a bye week, looking for it's first playoff victory in 3 years.

I don't know much about Tex, I know they have an excellent QB and some play makers at RB and WR, I'm expecting a good game.

FearDEMZs

Tex is consistently inconsistent.....JB will handle them with ease if they press on the gas early. If the Razorbacks are allowed to stay in the game it could get interesting. So much for a JB win as PB will pay a visit to Jonesboro after we knock the brakes off J'Ville.

fastdrop

Number 1 seed is extremely nice for the parents ....

ricepig

Yes it is, it's good to be the #1. We can be inconsistent as well, we will be prepared and will have a good game plan for Tex.

gamecocks8584

TXK is a great team.  If they will come to play like they did against El Dorado even though they lost on a blocked FG going for the win they will send Jonesboro packing for the 4th year in a roll after a bye.

ricepig

If....if a frog had wings, if the queen had, well, you know the drill. I'm expecting to get Texarkana's best, but, they better come ready for 4 quarters.

LH_DAD

Quote from: FearDEMZs on November 13, 2010, 12:58:50 pm
Tex is consistently inconsistent.....JB will handle them with ease if they press on the gas early. If the Razorbacks are allowed to stay in the game it could get interesting. So much for a JB win as PB will pay a visit to Jonesboro after we knock the brakes off J'Ville.
Agreed, I was not impressed with AHS and Sheridan wasn't impressed either.

AHS06

November 14, 2010, 08:59:12 am #7 Last Edit: November 14, 2010, 10:27:43 am by AHS06
Quote from: LH_DAD on November 14, 2010, 07:48:02 am
Quote from: FearDEMZs on November 13, 2010, 12:58:50 pm
Agreed, I was not impressed with AHS and Sheridan wasn't impressed either.
Texarkana is inconsistent, but the Hogs should never be looked over.  AHS will come into this game and make a statement.  As for LH, much respect from Texarkana go represent the South and take care of Marion.

LHdad-If you were at that game you witnessed the Razorbacks can be explosive.  Our QB threw for a career high in that game.  Take away the 6 turnovers gave to LH and it would have got ugly for your Wolves.

barberkev

final 2 in little rock jonesboro vs marion!!!   BRING'N IT BACK TO THE EAST!!

urban legend

May be the most competitive of the 4 second round games. Depending on which Texarkana defense shows up could make the difference in the end. I still see Jonesboro pulling it out late, although a Texarkana victory would not be shocking.

Patriotdad

fastdrop

Good Luck Canes ... You have the best team you have had in a long time -- time to show the south what your made of.

LH_DAD

Quote from: barberkev on November 14, 2010, 09:25:23 am
My, what a dreamer we are!

AHS06

When was it ever in the East?

LH_DAD

Quote from: AHS06 on November 14, 2010, 07:21:40 pm
When was it ever in the East?
Never!

barberkev

if thats the case, its fine!  that just means we are do and i like our odds!

LH_DAD

Quote from: barberkev on November 14, 2010, 07:29:06 pm
Did you mean DUE?  It is nice to dream, isn't it?

barberkev

November 14, 2010, 09:21:48 pm #17 Last Edit: November 14, 2010, 09:23:33 pm by barberkev
Quote from: LH_DAD on November 14, 2010, 08:03:54 pm
yes and thanks, we all slip every once and awhile on the typos!   the east is getting better and the south is getting scared!!! lol

LH_DAD

Quote from: barberkev on November 14, 2010, 09:21:48 pm
yes and thanks, we all slip every once and awhile on the typos!   the east is getting better and the south is getting scared!!! lol
We are not scared of anything you got.  The teams in the South just go out and play football.  I can assure you LH is not scared of Marion.  It is just another week of football.  I am not sure what you guys think is so great about Marion that anybody would be in awe of you.  Our kids  don't take anyone lightly and that includes Marion, but scared...NEVER!

barberkev

lol  im just taking about conferences as a whole! stirring things up! im just glad to see that the east is finally coming along to give yall some competition year in and year out!!

LH_DAD

Quote from: barberkev on November 14, 2010, 10:01:28 pm
lol  im just taking about conferences as a whole! stirring things up! im just glad to see that the east is finally coming along to give yall some competition year in and year out!!
That remains to be seen.  They have to prove it on the field.

barberkev

FearDEMZs

Ok. Lets put the crap to rest. The elite of the south being PB,ELDO,LH, and TEX at times (not in any specific order) can beat ANY team from the east. We are stronger, faster..definitely more physical, and more fundamentally sound. The East playoff drive ends Friday..Sorry east folks..

LH 35
Marion 14

Eldo 40
Vanby Bambi 7

PB 38
Jville 10

Tex 21
Jonesboro 14.......If the real razorbacks show up

Patriotdad

Friday will not be the end of the East!!!!

bubbaarkansas

is this first meeting between teams since 1979 championship game?

ricepig

So, they only way J'boro beats Tex, is if they(Tex) plays bad. Whatever, the talking will be done on Friday night, both on the field and on FF.

AHS06

That is completely true, if the Razorbacks show up and play to their potential they will beat Jonesboro. 

ricepig

Well, if Jonesboro plays to it's potential, they will win.

AHS06

Quote from: barberkev on November 14, 2010, 09:21:48 pm
The Weak has actually gotten Weaker.  WM was the only team from the Weak that posed a little threat to South teams.  WM is gone now and that conference would be better off playing the South JV teams.

AHS06

Quote from: ricepig on November 15, 2010, 11:12:51 am
Well, if Jonesboro plays to it's potential, they will win.
I doubt that

ricepig

Heck, Sheridan beat you, I've watched film, El Do or PB, you're not.

AHS06

Quote from: ricepig on November 15, 2010, 11:34:15 am
Heck, Sheridan beat you, I've watched film, El Do or PB, you're not.
Yeah, that is what happens when you overlook a team you have mery ruled for a decade.  Went toe to toe with PB for a half and mid-way through the 3rd quarter, and had the Eldorado game in the bag.

ricepig

I guess we can pencil you in for LR then, oh well, should we just cancel the game?

AHS06

Quote from: ricepig on November 15, 2010, 11:51:35 am
I guess we can pencil you in for LR then, oh well, should we just cancel the game?
Not necessary, we are looking forward for a great game against Jonesboro.  I just hope it is worth that long drive. ;D   

ricepig

It is a drive, it should be a good game, as usual it will come down to TO's and mistakes and penalties. Jonesboro has had some problems in the red zone this year and if we have to settle for FG's it may come back to haunt us.

AHS06

Quote from: ricepig on November 15, 2010, 12:02:08 pm
It is a drive, it should be a good game, as usual it will come down to TO's and mistakes and penalties. Jonesboro has had some problems in the red zone this year and if we have to settle for FG's it may come back to haunt us.
Texarkana is TO prone and is known for making fundamental mistakes.  If Jonesboro does not jump on Texarkana in the beginning and take them out of their gameplan, Texarkana is going to light up the score board.

Billyo62

Quote from: AHS06 on November 15, 2010, 03:06:36 pm
Texarkana is TO prone and is known for making fundamental mistakes.  If Jonesboro does not jump on Texarkana in the beginning and take them out of their gameplan, Texarkana is going to light up the score board.

Really, What halfway decent team has AHS lit the scoreboard up on this year ?

AHS06

Quote from: Billyo62 on November 15, 2010, 03:09:26 pm
Quote from: AHS06 on November 15, 2010, 03:06:36 pm

Really, What halfway decent team has AHS lit the scoreboard up on this year ?
Jonesboro if they do not take that advice.

ricepig

Only two teams have lit up the scoreboard on us, and both of them play in 7A.

Titan Spirit

Texarkana lost to Sheridan.....Jonesboro moves on

AHS06

Quote from: Titan Spirit on November 15, 2010, 03:47:48 pm
I like how Jonesboro is overlooking Texarkana.

barberkev

just 4 more days ppl!!!  EAST RULES!!! lol

ricepig

Those are Jax and Marn posters, I watched practice today, they aren't overlooking anyone. They worked on Tex stuff all last week, we had coaches at Sheridan and down at Tex with your game against Searcy. What you had better prepare for is a Cat 5 Hurricane.

gamecocks8584

Quote from: Titan Spirit on November 15, 2010, 03:47:48 pm

TXK played the worst I have everseen them play against Sheridan.  You better not look at that game or you will get your socks knocked off.  I look for the Hogs to go to Jonesboro and do what the south teams do best send the east home to start basketball.  Cause that is the only thing they have a chance of winning exspecially with McCellan in the conference now.

ricepig

November 15, 2010, 11:16:44 pm #44 Last Edit: November 16, 2010, 01:47:14 am by ricepig
We play our first basketball game tomorrow night, so I guess we'll just keep playing football for a couple of weeks. I'm sure the Tex thinks it's just an easy East team and that they can coast.

Mr_Deb

Quote from: ricepig on November 15, 2010, 11:16:44 pm
I'm sure the Tex thinks it's just an easy East team and that they can cost.

if tex even dabbles in that sort of thinking it could be a looong night for the hogs...

Lets get'em Jboro!

Hoghead

On paper Jonesboro has the team that should beat Texarkana. BUT........ Texarkana can be scary when they get it clicking early. Arkansas High has the talent to spring a upset of the "Canes".  If Jonesboro blows this one, Arkansas High will take home another 6A South victory over the 6A East Pretenders.

AHS06

Quote from: Hoghead on November 16, 2010, 01:16:24 am
On paper Jonesboro has the team that should beat Texarkana. BUT........ Texarkana can be scary when they get it clicking early. Arkansas High has the talent to spring a upset of the "Canes".  If Jonesboro blows this one, Arkansas High will take home another 6A South victory over the 6A East Pretenders.
+1

Hoghead

Quote from: ricepig on November 15, 2010, 11:16:44 pm
We play our first basketball game tomorrow night, so I guess we'll just keep playing football for a couple of weeks. I'm sure the Tex thinks it's just an easy East team and that they can coast.
All I'm gonna say is....... Jonesboro if you think AHS doesn't think they have the talent to beat you and lay down. You're gonna get beat !

ricepig

Ok, that's really any shaking statement. Why would J'boro think that? The Canes have been working on Tex for about two weeks, I think you have their attention.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas