• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Van Buren vs. Benton

Started by cutem52, November 10, 2010, 01:25:44 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

cutem52

BigPoppaHog

lparnell13

Titan Spirit

gatecrasher

This game is for the right to become Wildcat food....it'll be Van Buren who wins the right to go down to El Dorado and get their butts handed to them.....

urban legend

Van Buren should win by at least 2 TDs.

LH_DAD

Quote from: urban legend on November 10, 2010, 11:06:58 pm
Van Buren should win by at least 2 TDs.
If they don't...they are not very good at all.

lparnell13

im looking forward to watch them play a over confident el dorado

gatecrasher

You're bad delusional. You have no clue what you're talking about.

There's no such thing as an overconfident El Dorado team in November. Go back to sleep.

lparnell13

the way u talk about them... makes it sound like it

FB Prof

When VB goes down and beats Eldo I hope you don't choke on that crow

lparnell13

Gate real question here?? no being a smarta$

are the refs going to treat the pointers like the hogs when they come down to el dorado? or are the pretty fair?

ricepig

Do most people not know, that the officials are assigned by a conference rep, or by AAA in the playoffs?

lparnell13

Yeah but come u know there is some home cooking or just some down right junk refs

urban legend

Assigned officials or not, there's always a little home cooking in some instances. When you're talking about a team that's supposed to win handily, you may not see it at all. But when there's a team that's on even par or can actually pose a threat, that home cooking sometimes rears its head. No matter if it's ED, PB, LH, VB or anywhere.

thebigshot

what does Van Buren have? Do they have a good running game? Passing attack? what kind of offense do they run? How good is their defense? Do they have a balance football team? Whats their strengths and weaknesses? anybody know from VB.

lparnell13

VB has a pretty salty running back and when Tyler is throwing like he can our offense is almost cant be stop but everything has to click we have the talent and our D is not to bad when they wrap up

gatecrasher

Bigshot....
The eyes that went to scout them at NLR told me that there was nothing to worry about, that if we played our game, that we'd win handily.

To whom it may concern: I'm not a player. I can talk all the trash I want. Trust me when I say our kids take it one game at a time.

And to say I'm gonna eat crow, well, the odds are stacked heavily in my favor. Since we lost to Lake Hamilton in the 08 final (and called our win in the 09 final walking out of the stadium), we're 21-2, with that aforementioned state title.

Oh....we've won 19 in a row at home. And....I called the 2010 state title as ours sometime in mid-August.

The only games I've "eaten" crow on in the last two years? The regular season finale last year at PB when we had the top seed wrapped up, and a nonconference game at Har-Ber this year. Both games have turned out to be beneficial to our kids.

So....go ahead and bet against ol Gate....;D

You're gonna lose.....just sayin....

carkfan

From what I have seen from Van Buren, they would finish 4th or 5th in the 6a South and would not compete with the top 3, so it should be competitive between Van Buren and Benton and whoever wins gets to get mercy ruled the following week at Eldo.

bigeldofan

i know this is not a eldo thread but this week off the boys have been in the weight room and doing alot of fundamentals i am confident they will be fine. they will play one game at a time but the know that the showdown with lh in three weeks is coming and they are getting ready.

LH_DAD

Quote from: ricepig on November 11, 2010, 12:42:48 pm
Do most people not know, that the officials are assigned by a conference rep, or by AAA in the playoffs?
Apparently not, based upon the comments that have been posted.

Majique™

Almost a lose-lose situation for Van Buren.  Lose to Benton and the season's over.  Beat Benton and VB has a helluva ride to Eldo that gets even longer for the ride home after getting mercy ruled.

Sure would be nice if Benton kept VB from having to travel so much!!!
(I know, Benton has already felt Eldo's claws)

thebigshot

Well everybody is 0-0 the new season starts tonight. Everybody is a new team, and right now. Being conference champions from the South don't mean nothing to me right now.

I just hope whoever wins this game El Dorado won't take lightly. You gotta give VB some little credit they did win more games this year than from last year. We will see the results after tonight.

Good luck hopefully there wont be any injuries throughout the state

Scorp

Eldo will have their hands full with VB next week.  Write it down!!  :-*

trevster10

I heard this game was absolutely miserable to watch with all the rain/cold/etc.. Well, I guess all the games in NWA were last night, though. 'Grats to the Pointers, and I am kinda hoping they give El Do a game. El Dorado's secondary is definitey going to get a workout.

gatecrasher

It'll be merely a tune up for a holiday weekend semifinal with Lake Hamilton.

FearDEMZs

I agree with gate....ELDO will be too much for VB. The trip to Memorial Stadium will be "pointless" ;D for the Pointers

ricepig

They've probably never seen the Color Purple before, haha.

gatecrasher

You folks ready to get abused?

Valleysports

Just clicked in to check on Van Buren vs Benton - see thread is filled with El Do Hype! 

gatecrasher

We'll back it up. You know it too.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas