• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

August 9, 2010....12:10 am....I'm calling it!

Started by gatecrasher, August 09, 2010, 12:15:31 am

Previous topic - Next topic

gatecrasher

Gonna make it short and sweet....

The El Dorado Wildcats will repeat as 6A state champions. Period.

This will also double as the "get in line" thread for all the crow that will be dispensed in December. There was lots of it handed out last year....we don't mind doing it again. So all you haters come on....;)

I've had every word backed up by our boys since we lost to Lake Hamilton in WMS 20 months ago....so I really don't think it's a good idea to bet against me at this point....

DEBO64ETOWN

gatecrasher

Next year it's very possible we'll take a step back. I'm gonna ride this thing out while I can....;D

Valleysports

I don't know about betting against you, but I doubt there are many football fans who would bet against El Dorado this year.  Being blessed with a team like that, can be few and far between.  At least in <1200 student schools.

gatecrasher

Valley...
I'm ready to get this season started...

Like I said, we may very well take a step back (we'll be looking for a quarterback) in '11, so I'm going all-in here....

Of course, the biggest question mark going into 08 was QB...and someone named Paul Anzalone decided to play football his senior season....so we'll see.

JC back-2-back

Quote from: gatecrasher on August 09, 2010, 12:15:31 am
Gonna make it short and sweet....

The El Dorado Wildcats will repeat as 6A state champions. Period.

This will also double as the "get in line" thread for all the crow that will be dispensed in December. There was lots of it handed out last year....we don't mind doing it again. So all you haters come on....;)

I've had every word backed up by our boys since we lost to Lake Hamilton in WMS 20 months ago....so I really don't think it's a good idea to bet against me at this point....

Gate, I'm curious aren't they doing the 6A&7A playoffs different this year?

gatecrasher

Only thing that's different is the 7A Central and 6A East will use a point system (like Louisiana uses) to seed teams for the playoffs, because you have Russellville and Van Buren playing a 7A conference schedule, but will play the 6A playoffs....and West Memphis will play in the 6A East for the regular season but will participate in the 7A playoffs...

I call it a big freakin mess. They should just combine 6A and 7A like it was and this crap won't exist.

JC back-2-back

Quote from: gatecrasher on August 16, 2010, 06:51:37 pm
Only thing that's different is the 7A Central and 6A East will use a point system (like Louisiana uses) to seed teams for the playoffs, because you have Russellville and Van Buren playing a 7A conference schedule, but will play the 6A playoffs....and West Memphis will play in the 6A East for the regular season but will participate in the 7A playoffs...

I call it a big freakin mess. They should just combine 6A and 7A like it was and this crap won't exist.

I totally agree. Isn't one of the reasons they don't because of geographical reasons?

gatecrasher

That, and the bottom-feeders like Searcy, Sheridan, etc wanted it....

Funny thing is the same teams that were winning before the split are the same teams still winning today.

JC back-2-back

Quote from: gatecrasher on August 16, 2010, 09:19:51 pm
That, and the bottom-feeders like Searcy, Sheridan, etc wanted it....

Funny thing is the same teams that were winning before the split are the same teams still winning today.

Its usually the bottom feeders that screw everything up!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas