• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bentonville vs. Texas High (Texarkana)

Started by AHS06, July 13, 2010, 06:08:27 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Billyo62

Texarkana_Piggie

StillBallfan2

Just want to say, too that Bentonville's band performance was my favorite I have ever seen them perform. Thought it was impressive and very entertaining.  Hats off to them as well. (No my kid is not in the band - they really were great.)

gatecrasher

If yall want to keep it going, that's you're perogative.

It's in our rearview mirror. Nobody cares.

fastdrop

Gate.. It is ok man.

6A championships  are more important that being the top dog in the state.

Billyo62

Quote from: StillBallfan2 on September 18, 2010, 05:16:34 pm
Just want to say, too that Bentonville's band performance was my favorite I have ever seen them perform. Thought it was impressive and very entertaining.  Hats off to them as well. (No my kid is not in the band - they really were great.)

I thought it was the best I've seen also...  BTW..my younger son played the Trumpet solo...just thought I would throw that in... ;D

StillBallfan2

Quote from: Billyo62 on September 18, 2010, 05:42:09 pm

I thought it was the best I've seen also...  BTW..my younger son played the Trumpet solo...just thought I would throw that in... ;D

Well, Billyo, you tell him he did great and that they were awesome. 

Billyo62

Quote from: StillBallfan2 on September 18, 2010, 11:50:41 pm
Quote from: Billyo62 on September 18, 2010, 05:42:09 pm

Well, Billyo, you tell him he did great and that they were awesome.

I showed him your post.. Thanks

Billyo62

Quote from: Earl is my Hero!! on September 17, 2010, 10:14:29 pm
Quote from: SouthpawSensation on September 15, 2010, 11:43:53 am
Not to be bursting anybody's bubble, but the 130 yards mentioned was his worst game of three so far this season. He's averaging 210 yards per game, including a 264-yard performance against Arkansas High last week.
Thought I might need to bring that up.

Don't think he sniffed 100 yards tonight...

Box score said he rushed for 35 Yards on 14 Carries..

Hoghead

Ok we've beat this horse into the glue factory. lock it up please !

Billyo62

Quote from: Hoghead on September 21, 2010, 01:58:32 am

HH when so many totally uninformed folks were convinced that Texas would roll into Bentonville and dominate the NWA wanna be's what do you expect..after 6 months of BS from Texas braggers and your tired of hearing about the loss a few days afterwards... I laugh..  :P

AHS06

BARRY NORTON’S POST-GAME COMMENTS: “We probably played well enough defensively to win the game, although we gave up a couple of big passes. The defense kept us in the game until the final eight minutes.

“Offensively, we laid an egg. There’s no better way to put it. We couldn’t block, and we couldn’t run the ball. I don’t think we played very good nor very hard. We didn’t fight as well as we should have.

“We’re going back to work this week and do what we need to do to fix it. We’re probably going to make some personnel changes, but as I see it we’ve played four games and only one good one. It’s time to start growing up and be a good football team.”

Valleysports

Who does Texas High play next week?
I'm sure it'll be be a miracle turn around!  ::)

Earl is my Hero!!

Quote from: AHS06 on September 21, 2010, 08:01:45 am
BARRY NORTON'S POST-GAME COMMENTS: "We probably played well enough defensively to win the game, although we gave up a couple of big passes. The defense kept us in the game until the final eight minutes.

What game was he watching?

Billyo62

BARRY NORTON'S POST-GAME COMMENTS: "We probably played well enough defensively to win the game, although we gave up a couple of big passes. The defense kept us in the game until the final eight minutes.

"Offensively, we laid an egg. There's no better way to put it. We couldn't block, and we couldn't run the ball. I don't think we played very good nor very hard. We didn't fight as well as we should have.

"We're going back to work this week and do what we need to do to fix it. We're probably going to make some personnel changes, but as I see it we've played four games and only one good one. It's time to start growing up and be a good football team."

Did he happen to mention that he got Totally out coached in the 2nd half... ;D

Hoghead

Quote from: Billyo62 on September 21, 2010, 05:36:15 am

HH when so many totally uninformed folks were convinced that Texas would roll into Bentonville and dominate the NWA wanna be's what do you expect..after 6 months of BS from Texas braggers and your tired of hearing about the loss a few days afterwards... I laugh..  :P
Ok Billy enjoy your TEXAS SIZED win a little bit more ! Ha Ha... I aint mad at ya. LOL!

Billyo62

Quote from: Hoghead on September 21, 2010, 02:52:09 pm

Ok Billy enjoy your TEXAS SIZED win a little bit more ! Ha Ha... I aint mad at ya. LOL!

It's all good..Texas is not a bad football team, I think you will see them crush some folks over the next few weeks..

AHS06

Quote from: Valleysports on September 21, 2010, 08:30:39 am
winless Royse City

Ty

Quote from: Earl is my Hero!! on September 21, 2010, 08:45:36 am

If you're giving up big passes, you're not playing well enough to win the game.

7AFBFAN

I love how he gave credit to Bentonville for having a good team. Oh wait. Now they can go back to Texas and play REAL football. Joker.

businesstron

Quote from: Billyo62 on September 21, 2010, 02:53:56 pm
Quote from: Hoghead on September 21, 2010, 02:52:09 pm

It's all good..Texas is not a bad football team, I think you will see them crush some folks over the next few weeks..

Y'll still on it....?  I would say they are not a good team...maybe mediocre to average.

It took Bentonville until the 4th quarter to put away a Texas High team that will probably end up 3rd or 4th in their district (and that is not a given).   Heck....even their own are saying their down....  Oh well a win's a win I guess..

http://texashsfootball.com/board/index.php?showtopic=73572&pid=618669&st=0&#entry618669

Earl is my Hero!!

Quote from: Ty on September 21, 2010, 05:46:17 pm
BARRY NORTON’S POST-GAME COMMENTS: “We probably played well enough defensively to win the game, although we gave up a couple of big passes. The defense kept us in the game until the final eight minutes.

OK, but we ran all over them too. They never stopped us. I think we punted twice, and we stopped ourselves with penalties on one of those.

No way did their defense "play well enough to win the game"

businesstron

Quote from: Earl is my Hero!! on September 21, 2010, 11:31:30 pm
Quote from: Ty on September 21, 2010, 05:46:17 pm

OK, but we ran all over them too. They never stopped us. I think we punted twice, and we stopped ourselves with penalties on one of those.

No way did their defense "play well enough to win the game"

Bentonville couldn't run for crap on them until Kaufman broke some runs in the 4th after the Pick 6.   At that point the THS's defense had been on the field most  of the half  so they were ripe for the pickings.  Almost the only thing Bentonville did right on offense up until that drive was pass the ball effectively.

Billyo62

September 22, 2010, 12:51:42 am #573 Last Edit: September 22, 2010, 12:53:30 am by Billyo62
One of you Einstein posters that was at the game ...please name the player that changed that game  and brought Texas to their knees..  come on you know it Alls tell me who it was..

just a number will do...

Hoghead

Quote from: AHS06 on September 21, 2010, 04:18:19 pm
winless Royse City
Royse City has that NICE Football Stadium you can see from about 7 miles away as you travel west on I-30. Yet they are winless. That thing is BIG!!!!!

Ty

Quote from: Billyo62 on September 22, 2010, 12:51:42 am
One of you Einstein posters that was at the game ...please name the player that changed that game  and brought Texas to their knees..  come on you know it Alls tell me who it was..

just a number will do...
Demarcus Murphy. 26. Junior.

Was initially going to play RB this year but Kaufman and Wallace emerging allowed him to shift to LB.

How's that for ya Billly?

Billyo62

September 22, 2010, 07:26:40 am #576 Last Edit: September 22, 2010, 02:50:35 pm by Billyo62
Quote from: Ty on September 22, 2010, 07:14:51 am
Quote from: Billyo62 on September 22, 2010, 12:51:42 am

just a number will do...
Demarcus Murphy. 26. Junior.

Was initially going to play RB this year but Kaufman and Wallace emerging allowed him to shift to LB.

How's that for ya Billly?

Very good Ty..  you get an A for that almost he's #24... ;D 

AHS06

Quote from: Hoghead on September 22, 2010, 12:57:52 am
Quote from: AHS06 on September 21, 2010, 04:18:19 pm
winless Royse City
Royse City has that NICE Football Stadium you can see from about 7 miles away as you travel west on I-30. Yet they are winless. That thing is BIG!!!!!
That is a fairly new stadium and I believe they built it that size because during the playoffs there are a lot of games played there.  Because it is a neutral site and it helps teams that have to travel far distances. You know teams in Texas rarely have home games during the playoffs.  Texas High should win big they are about double population.

OPoraquê

I know this is SO last week, but - with 2:00 to go in the first half Texas High is up 30-0 on Royse City with something like 310 total yards for the "Tigers-in-the-T".

Valleysports

I told you Norton would turn them back into a Power House!  8)

OPoraquê

Quote from: Valleysports on September 25, 2010, 03:01:16 am

I told you Norton would turn them back into a Power House!  8)

">) Indeed - the score ended up 56-0, with THS gaining over 600 yards total offense.

Valleysports

And add Fayetteville to the list of NWA teams who would beat Texas High!

businesstron

September 25, 2010, 11:57:48 am #582 Last Edit: September 25, 2010, 12:43:33 pm by businesstron
Texas High hasn't beaten a team in Texas with winning record this year.  Call me when they beat Sherman......or Sulpher Springs and get past round 1 of the playoffs. 

As a matter of fact I'm a predict their future...

If they beat Sherman in a couple of weeks they'll lose to probably Marshall in the playoffs.... If they lose to Sherman they'll get blown out by  CUJO. 

OPoraquê

THS' starting running back as of last night (pulled at half) would be the 3rd leading rusher in the D/FW area (all classes) and the 9th leading rusher in Houston/San Antonio/Beaumont (all classes) were he in those areas according to today's updated Dallas Morning News and Houston Chronicle statistics.  The solace I take in that as a Bentonville fan is that our team held a likely top-20 Texas running back for a decent Texas 4A football team to 38 yards.  Hope we can do that again to the good running backs we'll undoubtedly face here in the Natural State in 2010.

Billyo62

Quote from: businesstron on September 25, 2010, 11:57:48 am
Texas High hasn't beaten a team in Texas with winning record this year.  Call me when they beat Sherman......or Sulpher Springs and get past round 1 of the playoffs. 

If they beat Sherman in a couple of weeks they'll lose to probably Marshall in the playoffs.... If they lose to Sherman they'll get blown out by  CUJO.

I think Bentonville should pay Texas 5 Grand and cancel the game next year and move on, obviously Texas high is NOT the caliber of team we need to play in non-con...of course everyone thought they were until we stomped them.. ;)

businesstron

Quote from: OPoraquê on September 25, 2010, 07:27:19 pm
THS' starting running back as of last night (pulled at half) would be the 3rd leading rusher in the D/FW area (all classes) and the 9th leading rusher in Houston/San Antonio/Beaumont (all classes) were he in those areas according to today's updated Dallas Morning News and Houston Chronicle statistics.  The solace I take in that as a Bentonville fan is that our team held a likely top-20 Texas running back for a decent Texas 4A football team to 38 yards.  Hope we can do that again to the good running backs we'll undoubtedly face here in the Natural State in 2010.

Bentonville held a good RB in check.  It's safe to say up to that point last week Bentonville was THS's best opponent and vice versa.  THS's weakness this year has been their young Oline(said by many that follow that program).  Bentonville exposed that and Jacksonville exposed that in the second half (they shut #33 down in the second half).

Sutton is a solid running back by Texas standards but NOT top 20 quality.  Not even top 30 or 40 (look it up on rivals). Statistics are nice but look who he has done all his damage against.   All of his big games have come against horrible teams (Vidor, Arkansas High and winless Royse City).  That's probably 90% of his yards.  He MAY be the best RB they will see all year but not the best running team.   

businesstron

Quote from: Billyo62 on September 25, 2010, 07:32:31 pm

I think Bentonville should pay Texas 5 Grand and cancel the game next year and move on, obviously Texas high is NOT the caliber of team we need to play in non-con...of course everyone thought they were until we stomped them.. ;)

They are a good non conference foe....apparently way better than NLR and Fort Zumwalt.  BUT y'll building it up like you beat a great Texas team that's a juggernaut when you didn't.  You beat a solid team that may be down this year.   I guess the Arkansas definition of a stomping is different from Texas.   In Texas a stomping  is the game is over by or before halftime. with the other team taking some licks just being straight dominated.  In Arkansas it a win with a team pulling away in the 4th quarter for a sound beating. 

That game in Grim Park next year could be interesting  Longview blew out Texas High 41-7 in Longview a couple of years ago and then barely scrapped by them 28-25 the next year when they played the game in Grim Park. 

I wouldn't be surprised if the same thing happened to Bentonville next year... but of course that is next year....

Billyo62

Quote from: businesstron on September 26, 2010, 12:08:17 pm
Quote from: Billyo62 on September 25, 2010, 07:32:31 pm

They are a good non conference foe....apparently way better than NLR and Fort Zumwalt.  BUT y'll building it up like you beat a great Texas team that's a juggernaut when you didn't.  You beat a solid team that may be down this year.   I guess the Arkansas definition of a stomping is different from Texas.   In Texas a stomping  is the game is over by or before halftime. with the other team taking some licks just being straight dominated.  In Arkansas it a win with a team pulling away in the 4th quarter for a sound beating. 

That game in Grim Park next year could be interesting  Longview blew out Texas High 41-7 in Longview a couple of years ago and then barely scrapped by them 28-25 the next year when they played the game in Grim Park. 

I wouldn't be surprised if the same thing happened to Bentonville next year... but of course that is next year....

I was being sarcastic..

OPoraquê

Quote from: businesstron on September 26, 2010, 11:49:00 am
Quote from: OPoraquê on September 25, 2010, 07:27:19 pm

Bentonville held a good RB in check.  It's safe to say up to that point last week Bentonville was THS's best opponent and vice versa.  THS's weakness this year has been their young Oline(said by many that follow that program).  Bentonville exposed that and Jacksonville exposed that in the second half (they shut #33 down in the second half).

Sutton is a solid running back by Texas standards but NOT top 20 quality.  Not even top 30 or 40 (look it up on rivals). Statistics are nice but look who he has done all his damage against.   All of his big games have come against horrible teams (Vidor, Arkansas High and winless Royse City).  That's probably 90% of his yards.  He MAY be the best RB they will see all year but not the best running team.

Can't disagree...we used to own land in Bowie County and I sat on the THS side.  The man who did most of the talking among the fans there said your rb didn't have a good enough 40 time to be a major recruit and even though he's been on a list or two of top running backs in the Great State I knew he wasn't a Cedric Benson.  Still, yours isn't a bad team (among the ranked or previously ranked teams from Missouri, Texas and Arkansas Bentonville played, ya'll held us to our lowest score to date, at our place) though certainly it must not be near as good as, say, your 2002 state champs (was Nathan Vasher on that team, or was it Nathan Jones, or both)?

To quote the Texas slacker Wooderson in the movie "Dazed and confused", it'd be cooler for all of us if ya'll could beat Sulphur Springs or Sherman.  Again, it was a compliment to BHS that coach Norton compared "our" tigers to Highland Park.  (Then again, even when they had Matthew Stafford HP probably couldn't have beaten Trinity or Southlake Carroll.  Well, maybe this year's Southlake Carroll...)

Still interesting to me how far Bentonville and Texas High are having to go to find good non-conference foes.  Even more interesting that this thread is still fun a few weeks after the game was decided.

Valleysports

Threads that are started and ran for a long time, before a game, seem to run for longer after the game.  This thread was started July 13th...

Quote from: Valleysports on July 14, 2010, 05:16:55 am
Bentonville should whoop up on Texas High - A David and Goliath. 
This isn't the 50's and Texas High isn't known as a Power, in Texas, anyway.
   ::)

Hoghead

OPoraquê

October 30, 2010, 07:24:12 pm #591 Last Edit: October 30, 2010, 07:31:32 pm by OPoraquê
"OPoraquê, why are you dredging up the Bentonville / Texas High thread again?"

Because this season it's the gift that keeps on giving, because:

- Not only did B'ville hang the worst loss this season on playoff bound Texas High school in the Great state (as well as Fort Zumwalt West in the Show-me state), but...

- There was talk about how weak THS was because they lost to a team they beat in the playoffs last year, Jacksonville.  Well, all Jacksonville did, in addition to beating (former east Texas big school rivals to Texas High) Longview Pine Tree and Marshall, was beat Nacogdoches (another former big school Texas High rival from their old league) in a national record TWELVE OVERTIMES last night.  That game ended at 12:54 AM this morning.  Mean anything?  Maybe not much, but I think THS isn't the worst of teams and it's kind of cool in a "six-degrees-of-separation-from-Kevin-Bacon" kind of way (although this is more like only two degrees top) to have this happen in this particular Bentonville season...

(BTW, speaking of celebrities, the article I linked to says Arsenio Hall was playing for Nacogdoches.  That must have been some kind of game.  ;)  )

businesstron

I kinda figure y'll bring this back up.....   Texas isn't a horrible team....they are mediocre to bad on the road and decent at home.  I say decent because they played Sherman close.    B

But up to this point their best victory in Texas is over a 3-6 team (Royce City).  So they haven't even beaten a team close to .500 this year.   All they had to do to get into the playoff is beat a 3-6 team and a couple of 1-8 teams.   They did get lucky to get Tyler high at grim for the first round though.   Tyler will still win though...heck they beat Texas High 41-17 last year at Grim and this year Tyler is better and Texas is worse. 

Sooo Bentonville beat a Texas team...a mediocre one.  Statistically that is their worse loss this year I can't argue with that.

Jacksonville is 3rd in their district,  Nacogdoches is usually horrible (they are 3-6 this year). 

Here's a difference between 4a and 5a football in Texas...
Jacksonville beat Nacogdoches 84-81.
Nacogdoches lost to Lufkin a good 5a school 2nd in their district 70-20.

Will all that said Bentonville should beat Harber next week.

Locutus

Quote from: Locutus on September 05, 2010, 04:58:36 pm
If the Tigers play the way they did last week, they will win this game, and most, if not all remaining. It was a methodical, dismantling of NLR. Very few huge plays, which means it could have been even worse.
It has been pretty much the same since week 1.

Billyo62

Quote from: Locutus on December 02, 2010, 10:20:28 pm
Quote from: Locutus on September 05, 2010, 04:58:36 pm
If the Tigers play the way they did last week, they will win this game, and most, if not all remaining. It was a methodical, dismantling of NLR. Very few huge plays, which means it could have been even worse.
It has been pretty much the same since week 1.

Yes, but we still have 1 more game!  ;)

xtremewildcat

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas