• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bentonville vs. Texas High (Texarkana)

Started by AHS06, July 13, 2010, 06:08:27 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

gatecrasher

Most "average" schools in Texas 4 and 5A can whip anyone in Arkansas in most cases....

7AFBFAN

Since Texarkana is above average they should win by what 30-40 against an average Bentonville team this year?  So far you have said Lake Hamilton will stomp Springdale, El Dorado will stomp Harber, and now Texarkana will stomp Bentonville. I will bet you at least one of these 7A teams will win and at least another will stay within 14 points. Loser leaves fearless friday for the entire football season. A simple I agree will do.

gatecrasher

July 28, 2010, 09:44:42 pm #102 Last Edit: July 28, 2010, 09:47:19 pm by gatecrasher
I said they were "average."

Yall sure can't read up there can yall?

One of them may win. I'll just be wrong....that's all.

The only one I care about is El Dorado/Har-Ber. That's it. The others just exist for conversation purposes only.

7AFBFAN

Just what I thought, big mouth with no substance.

Valleysports

Theoretically closer match-ups?
Har-Ber vs Texas High
Bentonville vs El-Do
Lake Hamilton vs Fayetteville
Russellville vs Northside Rsvl's favorite opponent!

spurrr

We should start a thread with all of Gate's proclamations and see how spot on he is at the end of the year.

Scorp

QuoteNot sure what you mean 7A?  Those 245, 5A schools, range from maybe 2200 - 5000 students.

There is no doubt that a lot of the Texas schools are huge, but the enrollment figures (compared to Arkansas) can be misleading.  Doesn't Texas include 9th graders in their enrollment figures, but Arkansas does not?

7AFBFAN

When Billyo comes back he will remind gate everyday of his failed proclamations. Where the heck is Billyo?

gatecrasher

Failed? You're smoking crack....

I said walking out of WMS after we lost to Lake Hamilton in the 2008 6A championship that we were gonna win it all in 09.

What part of the last year was I wrong on? Huh?

I have been wrong before and will be again, but in the last year this BIG MOUTH has been backed up by a championship ring.

And Smithian, you better go look again....I said the average 4 or 5A Texas school would beat anyone in Arkansas most of the time. I know what I said....

FACEPALM.....

7AFBFAN

6A was down last year and will be even farther down this year. You guys may actually win two in a row. Surely there is one good team out of that whole bunch. It wouldn't surprise me to see a team like Van Buren compete well this year in the 6A playoffs.

gatecrasher

July 29, 2010, 09:55:50 pm #110 Last Edit: July 29, 2010, 09:58:41 pm by gatecrasher
Ah....the "6A is down" excuse. I guess we're ranked #2 overall just for feces & giggles. Consensus top 5 in the state if you count other polls. 

Too bad we ain't in 7A. Yall would likely learn a lesson in humility my friend...this year anyhow.

We're gonna win 2 in a row allright....with a win over the 7A champs along the way.

7AFBFAN

7A versus 6A last year.

7A Won 8 games 6A Won 2 games
7A scored 355 points 6A scored 117 points.

6A runnerup lost to 7A school that didn't make playoffs by 20 points at home.

Rankings mean little to start the season since no one really knows what a team has. I say the Harber El Dorado game will show the rest of the state just how far down the 6A was last year.

Valleysports

7AFB I can see you're going to be on top of your game this year!  :D

7AFBFAN

Valley, gate is making it pretty easy.  ;D Looking forward to 2011 when Russellville will field a team to help prevent the yearly cakewalk to the championship in 6A.

Valleysports

gatecrasher

July 30, 2010, 07:37:52 pm #116 Last Edit: July 30, 2010, 07:40:26 pm by gatecrasher
We won our game vs NLR.
That's all that matters. Screw what everyone else does. We ain't looking at what the neighbors are doing. We're just concerned about us.

Of course that record is gonna be skewed with the likes of Sheridan, Searcy, Benton, and now LR McClellan reesiding in 6A.

Valley....Lake Hamilton or Texarkana will make sure the state championship stays in the South in 2011 while we reload for 2012.

However, if we get someone to step up at QB, maybe we can 3peat....;D

7AFBFAN

Yes it was skewed, Lake Hamilton beat 0-10 central.

gatecrasher

Smithian

Quote from: gatecrasher on July 29, 2010, 07:59:16 pm
And Smithian, you better go look again....I said the average 4 or 5A Uterus school would beat anyone in Arkansas most of the time. I know what I said....

FACEPALM.....
I haven't a clue what you're talking about, but I have a strong feeling I was right and you were wrong. Just sayin'.

gatecrasher

Go back and look. You said something to the effect of me saying Texas teams who were "above" average would beat most teams in Arkansas most of the time.

I corrected you and said I said AVERAGE, that I did not say "above average."

So....I was right. Sorry budro....

Valleysports

QuoteValley....Lake Hamilton or Texarkana will make sure the state championship stays in the South in 2011 while we reload for 2012.

QuoteWe ain't looking at what the neighbors are doing. We're just concerned about us.

You are not worried about your neighbors - just ya'll!  Does Texarkana or Lake Hamilton winning out of only 16 teams in the entire state, do something for El-Do?  I mean if the east doesn't win it - there's only the south left, which is about the size of the county I grew up in. You'll find that I don't get much into this Conference Spirit rahrah stuff.  Russellville gets placed in a different conference every other year - now we're not even in a conference.  As far as lil Ole Russellville - well I guess when you've been playing the Har-Bers, Bentonville's, NLR's, Cabot's, & etc, every season, threatening us with Lake Hamilton or Texarkana, 2 yrs from now, well . . .. .. well I might be swinging back towards an El-Do butt whoopin Spurrr!  Actually if Reed were to take Gate out to midfield and just thrash his buttocks (know for a fact he'd like too), I'd be a Reed Fan for the rest of my life and even pull for him at Cabot.

businesstron

Quote from: 7AFBFAN on July 30, 2010, 05:18:21 pm
7A versus 6A last year.

Rankings mean little to start the season since no one really knows what a team has. I say the Harber El Dorado game will show the rest of the state just how far down the 6A was last year.

That's a nice and shiny record but let's look at who beat who...

Cabot beat Jacksonville (2-8) and LR Hall (1-9)
Conway beat Benton (1-9)
LR Catholic also beat Benton
NLR beat Texarkana (5-7) and lost to El Dorado
Central lost to Lake Hamilton
Bryant beat Texarkana, Benton and Sheridan (3-7)
Northside beat Pine Bluff 9-5

So for the most part the mighty 7a has been beating up on some of the worst 6a teams.  Really the 7a central probably played 95% of the games.  The the combined record of the 6a teams beaten by 7a teams is 22-45.  So it's not like the 7a is playing the best that 6a has to offer.   

As a matter of fact most of the schools in 7A WEST have played crappy non-conference schedules the last couple of years(outside of the Fort Smith Schools).  You don't get that much respect from me for beating up on mostly small Missouri, Oklahoma, and 5a arkansas schools. 

spurrr

Businesstron
You have to play who will agree to play you! WE would like to play some of the Tulsa schools. They would not agree. Why play any of the LR schools? They aren't very good or you may face them again in the playoffs. Only a couple of schools in MO worth playing and they didn't have room on their schedule. So, who do you suggest the 7AW play? At least I respect Eldo for stepping up to play, kept us from driving to TX or Ga.   

gatecrasher

Valley, it is what it is.
We're competing in the class the Gestapo placed us in.

Lake Hamilton will be really good in 2011 and 2012.

And again, them 7A schools don't impress me. Try again.

zebradynasty

Quote from: businesstron on July 31, 2010, 02:34:22 am
Quote from: 7AFBFAN on July 30, 2010, 05:18:21 pm
7A versus 6A last year.

That's a nice and shiny record but let's look at who beat who...

Cabot beat Jacksonville (2-8) and LR Hall (1-9)
Conway beat Benton (1-9)
LR Catholic also beat Benton
NLR beat Texarkana (5-7) and lost to El Dorado
Central lost to Lake Hamilton
Bryant beat Texarkana, Benton and Sheridan (3-7)
Northside beat Pine Bluff 9-5

So for the most part the mighty 7a has been beating up on some of the worst 6a teams.  Really the 7a central probably played 95% of the games.  The the combined record of the 6a teams beaten by 7a teams is 22-45.  So it's not like the 7a is playing the best that 6a has to offer.   

As a matter of fact most of the schools in 7A WEST have played crappy non-conference schedules the last couple of years(outside of the Fort Smith Schools).  You don't get that much respect from me for beating up on mostly small Missouri, Oklahoma, and 5a arkansas schools. 

Would like the add the PB vs Northside game was a little skewed. Depth and conditioning problems kept PB from running away with that one PB was ahead 21-0 before fans could even sit down. You can call it an excuse but because we should have been in better condition but no doubt about it PB easily could have won that game!

Also 2012 and 2013 PB will be loaded!

spurrr

Gate
You must not have been one of the three Eldo fans that sat in front  of me at WMS.  Those guys were pretty impressed. Even said they were glad they weren't playing SS that night. 2 of them had players on the Eldo team but I didn't ask positions. Oh well, can't wait to hear more of your excuses about all of your predictions when they go belly up!

Quote from: gatecrasher on July 31, 2010, 09:06:35 am
Valley, it is what it is.

Lake Hamilton will be really good in 2011 and 2012.

And again, them 7A schools don't impress me. Try again.

7AFBFAN

I was not the one on here saying every 6A school would get stomped this non-conference season. You guys like to spew the crap but when facts are shown all you do is make excuses. The Pine Bluff could have won is a good one. Both teams were on the same field and Northside won by 20. Oh I am sure though that Pine Bluff improved, had an off night, blah blah blah and Northside surely played the game of their lives. What a joke. Show some respect to the 7A teams who go out there year after year and compile the lopsided non-conference record against all classifications and you guys just might get some in return. Getting on here and simply saying Springdale, Harber, and Bentonville will get stomped just because is a little crazy.

Smithian

Seems like every coach who goes through El Dorado views the 7A as very impressive. El Dorado coaches either get fired or they moved up to bigger and better things. Not trying to put El Dorado down, but they just aren't at the top of the totem pole and there is no shame in that. This is sports, not everyone can be the biggest and best.

ricepig

The only 7A schools I saw last year were Har-Ber and Bentonville and the advantage I would give them over 6A schools were the O and D lines. The only South school I saw was WC and there is no way their line could play with those two. I don't know about El Dorado's lines, but to me that is where the difference lies. As far as the skilled positions, I would have to give it to the 6A teams, lots more speed and quickness.

Baitshop

July 31, 2010, 12:49:11 pm #130 Last Edit: July 31, 2010, 01:01:32 pm by Baitshop
Quote from: ricepig on July 31, 2010, 11:09:04 am
The only 7A schools I saw last year were Har-Ber and Bentonville and the advantage I would give them over 6A schools were the O and D lines. The only South school I saw was WC and there is no way their line could play with those two. I don't know about El Dorado's lines, but to me that is where the difference lies. As far as the skilled positions, I would have to give it to the 6A teams, lots more speed and quickness.

There's not a lot with your post that I can argue with, ricepig....

And to add credence to your contention, you can have great skill athletes, but if your O-line is being shoved into the backfield on every play, the QB ain't throwin' it, and you fast RB's are going to be saying "hello" to either a DT or LB pretty soon after they get the ball handed to them.....

Add discipline and scheme (coaching) to the equation and you have yourself a 1-9 trend like the 6A has...

ricepig

July 31, 2010, 01:17:36 pm #131 Last Edit: July 31, 2010, 01:24:39 pm by ricepig
Well, Bait, I guess we will see in this upcoming season if that trend continues. I assume there are more 6A vs 7A games, but I haven't looked up all the schedules. There's got to be more as WM and Hall will be 7A and VB and Russvegas will be 6A.

EDIT: I looked it up, there will be 12 OOC match-ups, so about normal on that pace.

xtremewildcat

Quote from: Baitshop on July 31, 2010, 12:49:11 pm
Quote from: ricepig on July 31, 2010, 11:09:04 am

There's not a lot with your post that I can argue with, ricepig....

And to add credence to your contention, you can have great skill athletes, but if your O-line is being shoved into the backfield on every play, the QB ain't throwin' it, and you fast RB's are going to be saying "hello" to either a DT or LB pretty soon after they get the ball handed to them.....

Add discipline and scheme (coaching) to the equation and you have yourself a 1-9 trend like the 6A has...

If this theory were even close to being true, you would have these same disparities in the the lower classifications. Look at the lower classifications. You see the same patterns for the past 30 years(the time which I have studied the game). One team gets on a roll for many years and falls off. Then another goes through the same cycle. The only classification that does not follow this pattern is the bigger classification. Go all the way back to the 80's and the teams at the top have been the bigger schools. The bigger schools always had the big linemen that would beat down the smaller, more athletically skilled teams. I remember most of the matchups I saw over the past 30 years. The smaller teams would be leading at half. Tied going into the 4Th. And run out of gas late in the 4Th and lose.
I continue to claim, Arkansas just does not have the population to have a competitive class for the biggest schools.

One point you make that I would back you on is how the top "white" coaches will want to migrate to NWA because of better opportunity. There is no one on here that will deny how nice NWA is. NWA is basically the reason AR. has 7% unemployment. Cut them out, the rest of the state would be at double diggets.

zebradynasty

Quote from: 7AFBFAN on July 31, 2010, 11:07:29 am
I was not the one on here saying every 6A school would get stomped this non-conference season. You guys like to spew the crap but when facts are shown all you do is make excuses. The Pine Bluff could have won is a good one. Both teams were on the same field and Northside won by 20. Oh I am sure though that Pine Bluff improved, had an off night, blah blah blah and Northside surely played the game of their lives. What a joke. Show some respect to the 7A teams who go out there year after year and compile the lopsided non-conference record against all classifications and you guys just might get some in return. Getting on here and simply saying Springdale, Harber, and Bentonville will get stomped just because is a little crazy.

Defensive aren't we? I have not mentioned anything about how 6A would dominate 7A. My contention is and will remain that the top 6A squads would do as well as some of the 7A teams. I make that assumption based upon the direction the best 6A programs are going.

1) Athletes- no one could argue that schools like WM, Eldo, Tex, and PB do not have the athletes to compete in 7A. I posted on another thread we 98 dress out this spring!

2) Facilities- all those schools listed in addition to LH have good facilities. Not over the top but they all have to resources to help players improve on the physical part game.

3) Coaching-This has long been the difference in my opinion between 6A and 7A.  We didn't do well in 7A because of coaching. The program slid to the bottom because of the lack of a coaching getting the best out of the talent we had. 3 kids are in the NFL today all played on some of our worst teams! PB is no longer a team that just lines up and try to out athlete you. There is discipline and accountability. Bolding had/has the reputation of working the dog mess out of his players (Yet 98 showed in the spring). The results here are remarkable and will only get better. All the other coaches I listed seem to demand and get the same. 

4) Fans/Community Support- All of the programs listed have great fan base that can rival any 7A school. They may not be as affluent but the support is there for them get whatever is necessary to win!

Now you want to talk to me about a game YOU DID NOT ATTEND and tell me that we could not compete based upon your assumption that Northside won simply because their 7A! You're entitled to your opinion even when it's wrong! Like I said 2012-2013.

7AFBFAN

Zebra, calm down man, I was aiming my 6A domination versus 7A comment towards gate only. I had to use Pine Bluff as an example. I have always spoke highly of Pine Bluff and actually consider teams like Pine Bluff and West Memphis more of a 7A school who happened to be placed in 6A. Same with Russellville now. In my opinion Northside won because they had the depth to play well into the 4th quarter at the same level. That is the difference that no one understands. The top of 4A, 5A, and 6A on a given night would play 3 very good quarters with the top half of 7A but in the end they would wear down. The same thing will happen this year with Harber and El Dorado. El Dorado will stick around for 3 quarters but unless they build a 14-21 point lead going into the 4th which they wont, they will lose.

Valleysports

July 31, 2010, 03:04:45 pm #135 Last Edit: July 31, 2010, 03:22:22 pm by Valleysports
QuoteValley, it is what it is.
I know - but when you take those Russellville shots I must respond.  Anyway we have a new and improved massicot so look out!!!!!!!!

gatecrasher

Oh....and Texas High will beat Bentonville by two scores. Show me "stomp" dude. Show me where I used that word....unless I used it in reference to Lake Hamilton/Springdale. The Bulldogs picked a so-so coach with one Cinderella run to the 6A title game in 06 to be their head coach.

JMO....

businesstron

Quote from: spurrr on July 31, 2010, 08:36:41 am
Businesstron
You have to play who will agree to play you! WE would like to play some of the Tulsa schools. They would not agree. Why play any of the LR schools? They aren't very good or you may face them again in the playoffs. Only a couple of schools in MO worth playing and they didn't have room on their schedule. So, who do you suggest the 7AW play? At least I respect Eldo for stepping up to play, kept us from driving to TX or Ga.   

Why play LR schools (7a wise)? For one atleast in the past they would prepare you for the playoffs.  If none of the half decent teams in Oklahoma or Missouri will play you find a tough opponent in Arkansas or Tennessee.   I guess that's irrelevant now.  If there was desire on both sides it wouldn've happen by now.  The only reason the 7a school are playing tougher schedules now is because of the new playoff system.   Up to now there still isn't enough to say the 7a best would roll over the 6a's best.   The depth argument didn't help NLR against El Dorado last year.

Billyo62

Not that this is a big factor but no one has defeated Bentonville in a regular season game at home since Russellville in 2005 if My memory serves me correct!

Bentonville will be down this year so that streak may come to an end!

7AFBFAN

Billyo, for the record no one is really buying the Bentonville is completely down theory. Their second team would have won state in almost any classification last year except for 7A. From what I am hearing I will not be shocked for Bentonville to be one of the top 4 teams this year.

Billyo62

Quote from: 7AFBFAN on August 14, 2010, 01:58:30 pm
Billyo, for the record no one is really buying the Bentonville is completely down theory. Their second team would have won state in almost any classification last year except for 7A. From what I am hearing I will not be shocked for Bentonville to be one of the top 4 teams this year.

They won't be down and out, but they will be down a few notches this year, it will take a few breaks to go our way to finish 7-3

thebigshot

thebigshot

These wal-mart boys from bentonville will be stocking the wal-mart up in texas after they lose big......

Billyo62

Quote from: thebigshot on August 16, 2010, 02:09:20 pm
These wal-mart boys from bentonville will be stocking the wal-mart up in texas after they lose big......

This is NOT the B-Ville team of the last few years, I wouldn't be shocked if they lose, especially since you seem to think Texas will be so awesome this year...but once again it's been a long time since someone came to Tiger stadium during the regular season and won, let alone win Big..

Hoghead

Bentonville will lose. Texas High won't play around with them. As for the BIG 7A school from NWA having the ups on THS. Texas High is not a small school in it's 4A format. When Bentonville makes that exit off of I-30 and comes down Summerhill Road, tell me about that LARGE ORANGE 4 city block High School sitting on their right. Tiger Stadium is another 2 miles down the road. A very nice and newly remolded Tiger Stadium. You might need to keep your head on a swivel around there. The neighborhood is a little shakey once you cross New Boston Road. Police will be in full force as with all THS games. It's a mad house over there when Texas High & Arkansas High play. Bentonville will lose to Texas High 21 to 10.

7AFBFAN

I thought the game was at Bentonville???

thebigshot

Quote from: Billyo62 on August 16, 2010, 02:24:09 pm

This is NOT the B-Ville team of the last few years, I wouldn't be shocked if they lose, especially since you seem to think Texas will be so awesome this year...but once again it's been a long time since someone came to Tiger stadium during the regular season and won, let alone win Big..

The same ole same ole excuses... This isnt the same team from the past, or we are down yada yada yada story. It's either your good or not !!!!

Billyo62

Quote from: thebigshot on August 16, 2010, 06:17:16 pm
Quote from: Billyo62 on August 16, 2010, 02:24:09 pm

The same ole same ole excuses... This isnt the same team from the past, or we are down yada yada yada story. It's either your good or not !!!!

Just tellin it like it is..so if we play better than we should this year so be it..no excuses here, but I'm not delusional either.

Billyo62

7AFBFAN

That's what I thought, some of the smarter people on here make it real hard to decipher sometimes with their ramblings. You might as well give up this argument, now that we are joined with the less fortunate I doubt we will ever be able to have an intelligent conversation concerning a team makeup from one year to the next. The lower IQ's will take any one game they can find this year and try to use it to discredit the 7A West. The funny thing though is that they will not make the same connection when the 7A West does as it should and wins these games.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas