• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Some soccer shots with an Olympus E510

Started by sevenof400, December 28, 2009, 01:20:33 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

sevenof400

I found this colorful tree on the other side of the field

fastdrop

johnharrison

Nice shots.

(don't feel like you will learn much from me, but there are a couple where I think cropping would really help) 

The first one has some great action centrally, but there are about 3 guys standing around watching (all much have played for me at one time. LOL)  Depending on your quality you MIGHT be able to use the very small central group, or the slightly larger group.

Might be more dynamic shot in the second picture if you had just the kicker and wall.  Would remove some dead space.

Beautiful tree.  Might be worth a shot by itself but the spectators don't add much.

Four is almost your best shot (almost because I suspect you just missed the balled).  In fact it could be your best TWO shots.

The Header cropped vertically is a nice action shot, but the lower right corner has the type of image that a player would be proud to frame and mount on his wall.

Some will argue, but soccer is one of the best places to shoot sports.  It is usually daylight.  Something is going on every minute for 90 minutes.  (sometimes just not near you.)  FB has tons of dead time, then a few seconds when everything happens,  BB is so darned quick, and volleyball has that danged net)

Too hard to stay really tight on the action, so shoot wide and crop tight.

Good shots.  Thanks for posting.

Too har

Rhonda Elizabeth

Nice soccer shots.   :)

And, some excellent points on cropping.  Cropping makes or breaks a shot IMHO.  The tighter you can crop, the better the shot.

One day, if time permits, I'd like to try shooting soccer.  Looks like it would be fun.   :)

onegearruss

Nice series of shots, John has some good points, listen to him.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas