• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Warren Lumberjacks vs Batesville SS Southerners. 8/25/2018 at NLR

Started by AirWarren, August 12, 2018, 02:39:38 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Redskin2015

JessieP

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on August 20, 2018, 09:03:54 pm
I live in Little Rock, the Capital City.   :)

Say it with pride! I LIVE IN LITTLE ROCK! THE SECOND MOST DANGEROUS CITY IN AMERICA, 15 YEARS RUNNING. They actually held the top spot in 2007, 2008 and 2011. But by all means, puff out that chest and badmouth the smaller towns.

SUGARTOWN

AirWarren

Quote from: JessieP on August 20, 2018, 11:59:46 pm
Say it with pride! I LIVE IN LITTLE ROCK! THE SECOND MOST DANGEROUS CITY IN AMERICA, 15 YEARS RUNNING. They actually held the top spot in 2007, 2008 and 2011. But by all means, puff out that chest and badmouth the smaller towns.

I will. I love living and working in and around Little Rock. It is a city.....it's going to have it's problems. There are some areas of small towns I wouldn't go into at night. Just know where you are and everything is usually fine. We take arch to Roosevelt to MLK into work everyday to avoid 630. Sure you see some interesting things, but we are never bothered. There are things I miss about Warren though and some things I don't. I've learned to appreciate small town Arkansas over the years for sure....and living out in the woods lol.

^When we lived in Maumelle, we had a view of pinnacle from our driveway....it was awesome. That drive over the 430 bridge is one of the best views in the state, IMO haha.

Arkansas is a beautiful state.

Lumberjackfan1978

Quote from: AirWarren on August 21, 2018, 08:33:13 am
I will. I love living and working in and around Little Rock. It is a city.....it's going to have it's problems. There are some areas of small towns I wouldn't go into at night. Just know where you are and everything is usually fine. We take arch to Roosevelt to MLK into work everyday to avoid 630. Sure you see some interesting things, but we are never bothered. There are things I miss about Warren though and some things I don't. I've learned to appreciate small town Arkansas over the years for sure....and living out in the woods lol.

^When we lived in Maumelle, we had a view of pinnacle from our driveway....it was awesome. That drive over the 430 bridge is one of the best views in the state, IMO haha.

Arkansas is a beautiful state.
yeah can't beat small town Arkansas for sure

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: JessieP on August 20, 2018, 11:59:46 pm

You got a link for that list? I'd like to check it out.

I didn't badmouth any town, I'd just rather live in a city than in the middle of nowhere. But that's just me.

HeberFan

This used to be a football thread, right?

I say Warren wins by 57 touchdowns.

Trojanbird

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on August 21, 2018, 08:59:09 am
You got a link for that list? I'd like to check it out.

I didn't badmouth any town, I'd just rather live in a city than in the middle of nowhere. But that's just me.
I guess Stuttgart is part of that"nowhere" you speak of!

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: Trojanbird on August 21, 2018, 01:55:57 pm
I guess Stuttgart is part of that"nowhere" you speak of!

No, it's close enough to Little Rock not to qualify.

KASH dba The Lumberjack

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on August 21, 2018, 02:13:06 pm
No, it's close enough to Little Rock not to qualify.
In the era of non horse and buggy travel, that's any and ever where in the state.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: KASH dba The Lumberjack on August 21, 2018, 06:24:48 pm
In the era of non horse and buggy travel, that's any and ever where in the state.

Has to be with an hour to be close enough for me.  :D

This thread derail is what happens when you start the thread more than a week before the game. Lol

KASH dba The Lumberjack

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on August 21, 2018, 06:57:37 pm
Has to be with an hour to be close enough for me.  :D

This thread derail is what happens when you start the thread more than a week before the game. Lol
Yep, think us Warren guys are anxious and since the SS posters don't trash talk much, this might be as good as it gets.

SouthernerPride

Quote from: KASH dba The Lumberjack on August 21, 2018, 10:26:54 pm
Yep, think us Warren guys are anxious and since the SS posters don't trash talk much, this might be as good as it gets.
I'm sure the thread will start rolling come Friday.

HeberFan

A little advice for Southside posters:

Might as well talk about how good Warren is before the game, because, you'll sure be doing that after the game.

cuckoobird

cuckoobird

HeberFan

SouthernerPride

Quote from: cuckoobird on August 22, 2018, 02:28:22 pm
Warren sucks and the Southerners roll...
i can assure you there will be no rolling over and playing possum by the Southerners this Saturday.

scrapman

If Warren stays healthy and doesn't win State is it bad coaching?

SouthernerPride

Quote from: scrapman on August 22, 2018, 08:46:23 pm
no, they'll blame it on a crazy fan again.

JessieP

Quote from: SouthernerPride on August 22, 2018, 08:58:44 pm
no, they'll blame it on a crazy fan again.

And there it is ladies and gentleman, that Southside arrogance. I'm telling you, 2 years in the playoffs and their elite. It is a delusion that defies logic. Who can ever forget the classic boast last year of "Arkadelphia and Southside, two of the best defenses around. I expect a low scoring battle". Some fool forgot to tell Arky. I guess you can't get too tough feasting on powerhouses like Cave City and CAC.

Trojanbird

KASH dba The Lumberjack

Wouldn't say bad, maybe sub par.

SouthernerPride

STUNNA

getting to state is never bad coaching.. lol...

cuckoobird

Heck the fan gave them another shot last year to win because poor coaching had them standing around with the clock ticking. Bo should give that kid a bonus of some sort

KASH dba The Lumberjack

Quote from: cuckoobird on August 23, 2018, 07:40:49 am
Heck the fan gave them another shot last year to win because poor coaching had them standing around with the clock ticking. Bo should give that kid a bonus of some sort
Yeah that fan on the field play backfired. Nobody ever thought they would penalize us for a non participant being on the field as time was winding down. The kids bonus was based on a win, it got pro rated due to the loss.

FF Secretary of Defense Flap_Jack48

Man, I think I'm the only person on here that's already put last year's game in the past.  Heck, of the three title game losses the Jacks have, last year's is probably the least painful, to me.  It was just a crazy, wild ending and I agree--Warren should have been better prepared in the closing minutes.  The one that still haunts me is the loss to Nashville, Jarius was in--end of discussion.  The official that made that call, he'll have to answer for that sin one day.  The Lord knows.....

Anyways, I'm so ready to see what Warren can do this season.  Hearing Bo talk about this years team, you can tell how excited he is for what this season may hold.  The offensive should be prolific, even by Warren standards.  The defense is coming together and should be another strong unit, especially with the playmakers we have on that side of the ball.  I also think the biggest thing this team is playing with is the HUGE chip on their shoulder.  They hated the way last season ended and I think they're out to prove, without a doubt, that they are the best team in class 4A.  I think you'll see a very focused, determined football team and that comes down to more than coaching.  These seniors want to go out as champions.

I've told a few friends that still follow the program that I think this season could be historic in categories like margin of victory, etc.  I think they are out to absolutely bludgeon teams on their path to title #5, and I think they will absolutely win Class 4A this season.  Wire to wire.  Wishing them the best of luck and a healthy, injury free season.  Go Jacks!

-Kyle

bigchief72455

They are definitely the odds on favorite and the team everyone would like a win over this season.

Overdahill

Quote from: bigchief72455 on August 23, 2018, 08:54:26 am
They are definitely the odds on favorite and the team everyone would like a win over this season.

Warren vs Arky and Robinson should be classic this year if they happen

scrapman

Quote from: FF Secretary of Defense Flap_Jack48 on August 23, 2018, 08:34:16 am
Man, I think I'm the only person on here that's already put last year's game in the past.  Heck, of the three title game losses the Jacks have, last year's is probably the least painful, to me.  It was just a crazy, wild ending and I agree--Warren should have been better prepared in the closing minutes.  The one that still haunts me is the loss to Nashville, Jarius was in--end of discussion.  The official that made that call, he'll have to answer for that sin one day.  The Lord knows.....

Anyways, I'm so ready to see what Warren can do this season.  Hearing Bo talk about this years team, you can tell how excited he is for what this season may hold.  The offensive should be prolific, even by Warren standards.  The defense is coming together and should be another strong unit, especially with the playmakers we have on that side of the ball.  I also think the biggest thing this team is playing with is the HUGE chip on their shoulder.  They hated the way last season ended and I think they're out to prove, without a doubt, that they are the best team in class 4A.  I think you'll see a very focused, determined football team and that comes down to more than coaching.  These seniors want to go out as champions.

I've told a few friends that still follow the program that I think this season could be historic in categories like margin of victory, etc.  I think they are out to absolutely bludgeon teams on their path to title #5, and I think they will absolutely win Class 4A this season.  Wire to wire.  Wishing them the best of luck and a healthy, injury free season.  Go Jacks!

-Kyle
Not sure about this. Warren has a history of not getting it done when they have D1/NFL players on the team.  This is said to be the best of them all. Will history repeat?

HeberFan

Southside seems to think they'll jack the Jacks to start the season.

bigchief72455

Quote from: Overdahill on August 23, 2018, 09:01:16 am
Warren vs Arky and Robinson should be classic this year if they happen
Wonder how the brackets will align. If 2 of theses teams wind up in the same bracket it could be crazy.

HeberFan

Quote from: bigchief72455 on August 23, 2018, 09:42:09 am
Wonder how the brackets will align. If 2 of theses teams wind up in the same bracket it could be crazy.

Doesn't matter. Southside Pride is going to win it all, remember?  :o)

FF Secretary of Defense Flap_Jack48

Quote from: scrapman on August 23, 2018, 09:21:39 am
Not sure about this. Warren has a history of not getting it done when they have D1/NFL players on the team.  This is said to be the best of them all. Will history repeat?

Those teams came earlier in Bo's career.  I think he's finally focused on the thing that was hampering those team--the trenches.  Warren will be as strong on both the offensive and defensive lines as they've been in his tenure.  These last few years Warren has been blessed to have not only studs in the backfield and edges, but they've been really big and athletic on both the offensive and defensive lines.

I'm just going on record now.  This Warren team, in my humble opinion, has the potential to be Bo's best in his 19 years at Warren.  These seniors have the right mindset, it's not about them, it's about the team.  Treylon especially is the type of player every coach would want.  He's not focused on getting his, he wants to get it for his teammates.  This is a really special group and you can hear it when Bo talks about them. 

Warren is on a mission, I wouldn't want to see them line up against my team.  No matter who you root for.  Season starts for the Jacks on Saturday, the march for title #5 begins.  Get it boys!

HeberFan

Quote from: FF Secretary of Defense Flap_Jack48 on August 23, 2018, 09:57:45 am
Those teams came earlier in Bo's career.  I think he's finally focused on the thing that was hampering those team--the trenches.  Warren will be as strong on both the offensive and defensive lines as they've been in his tenure.  These last few years Warren has been blessed to have not only studs in the backfield and edges, but they've been really big and athletic on both the offensive and defensive lines.

I'm just going on record now.  This Warren team, in my humble opinion, has the potential to be Bo's best in his 19 years at Warren.  These seniors have the right mindset, it's not about them, it's about the team.  Treylon especially is the type of player every coach would want.  He's not focused on getting his, he wants to get it for his teammates.  This is a really special group and you can hear it when Bo talks about them. 

Warren is on a mission, I wouldn't want to see them line up against my team.  No matter who you root for.  Season starts for the Jacks on Saturday, the march for title #5 begins.  Get it boys!

Yeah, but, Southside has PRIDE and has made the playoffs twice in a row. They're going to jack the Jacks in this game, remember?  :o)

OrangeCrush.

HeberFan

Quote from: OrangeCrush. on August 23, 2018, 10:00:34 am
Could Warren win the state title in 8 man football?

Well, at least they would do well in the playoffs. Might be smart to change to 8-man football, since they would not have to face Southside Pride!

KASH dba The Lumberjack

Quote from: scrapman on August 23, 2018, 09:21:39 am
Since Nashville has the worlds greatest Jr. High team over eight years running, why does that not translate to more State championships? Got to be coaching!

Here's the truth, or the way I see it. The BS call that cost us a championship to Nashville still weighs heavy on Ol' Bo. So much so that Nashville came to Warren the year after and beat us again. Those two losses caused him to be too anxious when the Scrappers came to Jim Hurley in '15 and because of the anxiety and a kid named Snell, the Scrappers won again. Other than those two games, show me where his coaching lost games. Are you saying he's not a good coach? Are you saying he didn't have his players prepared to play? Is he not allowed to make mistakes at his job like everyone else? There's NO OTHER COACH around that that can take 30-35 kids a year and have the success he has with his program at Warren. Not talking 30 players, maybe 18-20 players because it's been a long time since we haven't had to have kids go both ways. Yet almost every year, we make deep runs into the playoffs.

HeberFan

Quote from: KASH dba The Lumberjack on August 23, 2018, 10:37:14 am
Since Nashville has the worlds greatest Jr. High team over eight years running, why does that not translate to more State championships? Got to be coaching!

Here's the truth, or the way I see it. The BS call that cost us a championship to Nashville still weighs heavy on Ol' Bo. So much so that Nashville came to Warren the year after and beat us again. Those two losses caused him to be too anxious when the Scrappers came to Jim Hurley in '15 and because of the anxiety and a kid named Snell, the Scrappers won again. Other than those two games, show me where his coaching lost games. Are you saying he's not a good coach? Are you saying he didn't have his players prepared to play? Is he not allowed to make mistakes at his job like everyone else? There's NO OTHER COACH around that that can take 30-35 kids a year and have the success he has with his program at Warren. Not talking 30 players, maybe 18-20 players because it's been a long time since we haven't had to have kids go both ways. Yet almost every year, we make deep runs into the playoffs.

Warren does a great job and has a quality program. When facing the best teams in the state, late in the playoffs, some games will be won and others lost. Pretty simple.  Nobody would say the Buffalo Bills were a bad football team for losing four Superbowl games, or, Barry Sanders was a bad running back for not winning a title.

SouthsideSouthernerDad

Quote from: HeberFan on August 23, 2018, 09:59:39 am
Yeah, but, Southside has PRIDE and has made the playoffs twice in a row. They're going to jack the Jacks in this game, remember?  :o)
Glad to see we got such a big Southside fan in Heber! LOL
Hoping for a injury free game for both teams!

HeberFan

Quote from: SouthsideSouthernerDad on August 23, 2018, 11:03:23 am
Glad to see we got such a big Southside fan in Heber! LOL
Hoping for a injury free game for both teams!

Thanks for the response.  Some of your fellow Southerner fans have been a bit braggadocious this fall.  Just a gentle reminder that winning is fickle, and, being humble is always in style. Best of luck this year. Seems your Batesville crew has another good squad this year.

scrapman

Wow. I just asked a question and stated a fact. Hit a nerve I guess. I think Warren is loaded too. It doesn't matter if you have 30 or 100 players. If you have the right 30 you can beat anyone.

OrangeCrush.

When Warren plays anyone else Bo is a great coach, but when they play Nashville Bo always gets out coached. That's what I got out of this.

SouthsideSouthernerDad

Quote from: HeberFan on August 23, 2018, 11:13:57 am
Thanks for the response.  Some of your fellow Southerner fans have been a bit braggadocious this fall.  Just a gentle reminder that winning is fickle, and, being humble is always in style. Best of luck this year. Seems your Batesville crew has another good squad this year.
Last year the Southerners reminded me of the 2011 Panthers a good record against mediocre teams.  A little humility to start the season maybe good for them.
I'm sure the Pioneers will be ready come the playoffs!  Coach King has a great program.

HeberFan

Quote from: SouthsideSouthernerDad on August 23, 2018, 12:13:04 pm
Last year the Southerners reminded me of the 2011 Panthers a good record against mediocre teams.  A little humility to start the season maybe good for them.
I'm sure the Pioneers will be ready come the playoffs!  Coach King has a great program.

Everything changes once the playoffs start. Lack of speed hurts the average teams.

KASH dba The Lumberjack

Quote from: OrangeCrush. on August 23, 2018, 12:04:05 pm
When Warren plays anyone else Bo is a great coach, but when they play Nashville Bo always gets out coached. That's what I got out of this.
Thats what I said. The last two times Warren and Nashville played, Bo and/or his staff was out coached.
But I'm also saying that if D1 players shouldn't ever get beat, then neither should the G.O.A.T. Jr high team. If we're going to bring up should've would've's, then every year except one in the last 8 has been coaching failures at Nashville.

As far as players, I've heard numerous posters, especially Nashville, whining about not averaging 25 players per grade. By the time you factor in injuries and other reasons kids can't play, that the size of our team.  Being able to pick between 60-80 kids versus 30-40 kids  makes things a lot easier when putting in subs. Even Obama health care math can't prove that wrong.

SouthsideSouthernerDad

HeberFan

Anyone demeaning a coach for championship game losses, sees things backwards.

HeberFan

Quote from: SouthsideSouthernerDad on August 23, 2018, 12:36:37 pm
I'm sure we will find out about speed Saturday lol!

Yeah, find out about speed in the worst of ways. Warren will dominate, but, that doesn't have to impact the rest of the season. First three games are just prep work for conference.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas