• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Eligibility question

Started by Coltfan2005, August 29, 2018, 07:10:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Coltfan2005

A student transfers from school A to school B in May of 2018. His parents still live in the school A's district. Upon being told at the start of the school year in Aug 2018 he was ineligible for football at school B, his parents move to school B's district at the end of August 2018 (taking the other children of the family to school B). Is this player eligible to play football in 2018 now, or did the legitimate move come to late? Prior residence left and utilities shut off August 27, 2018.

Football_Fan25

AirWarren

Coltfan2005

$aintMaximu$

Gray lizard

The way I understand it.  If the player lives in the district by the 9th day of school (not sure the exact number days but 7 to 10) they are eligible for that semester.

SUGARTOWN

nastynice

AAA doesn't enforce any of this.  Kids go where ever they want.  We see it every year.  It's an absolute joke, just like most all decisions AAA make.

bigchief72455

Living in the new district is completely different than a school choice decision. The player lives in district he/she is eligible. But the move must be bona fide.

Maynard G Krebs

nomorewhining

Coltfan2005

A change of domicile for the purpose of creating interscholastic athletic eligibility shall not be
considered a complete and bona fide change of domicile and the student shall be declared ineligible
at all AAA schools for one (1) calendar year.

What about this paragraph?

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on August 30, 2018, 10:24:04 am
A change of domicile for the purpose of creating interscholastic athletic eligibility shall not be
considered a complete and bona fide change of domicile and the student shall be declared ineligible

Like anyone's going to admit to a move being for "the purpose of creating interscholastic athletic eligibility"?

Let it go man.

bigchief72455

I figure that AAA would have the burden of proof.

AirWarren

My recommendation is call the AAA if it bothers you this much. You have been harping on this kid since the summer. What is your angle and does it really matter in the grand scheme of thing?

OB11

Quote from: AirWarren on August 30, 2018, 10:28:10 am
My recommendation is call the AAA if it bothers you this much. You have been harping on this kid since the summer. What is your angle and does it really matter in the grand scheme of thing?

I think the biggest beef is where he moved, not the fact that he moved.

AirWarren

Quote from: OB11 on August 30, 2018, 10:57:18 am
I think the biggest beef is where he moved, not the fact that he moved.

Exactly.

It's time to let it go.

Maynard G Krebs

Impossible to prove.  Must have been written by a slick lawyer ;)

Nacho

I don't know the right answer because we had a kid change schools to live with another parent since they're divorced and the AAA would not let her play softball. Someone said it was because of the same conference but sometimes they do look into it.

Coltfan2005

I was asked about it, thought I would check on here. I would be more than happy if this young man was found to be eligible to play. However, it needs to be legal and final, so AAA is not brought into it again. One of the young men who transferred is going to have to sit out an entire season, don't want this happening to the other. he's a good kid and while young, has the potential to do something with his future.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas