• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

5A Volleyball

Started by football_freak777, August 23, 2008, 08:33:29 am

Previous topic - Next topic

football_freak777

Quote from: 7AFBFAN on October 01, 2008, 12:49:09 pm
Ty, it seems like Nettleton was good last year. If they have a real good middle blocker they stand a chance to succeed in the 5A. To compete in state with Greenwood they will need girls that can block well and dig it out on the back row. 

no one will be able to compete with greenwood in the state championship besides SS

7AFBFAN

Nothing like a little humility.

Ty

Quote from: 7AFBFAN on October 01, 2008, 12:49:09 pm
Ty, it seems like Nettleton was good last year. If they have a real good middle blocker they stand a chance to succeed in the 5A. To compete in state with Greenwood they will need girls that can block well and dig it out on the back row. 
They have a girl named Kelsie Hodges that has committed to ASU and they also have 2 girls in the 6'1'' range that can play a little. Their back line was tested much but looked very solid when the occasional dig was needed.

7AFBFAN

Ty, they sound like a team with a lot of potential. Did you notice if they were good at blocking?

gilndoc

I got to watch the SS Varsity for the 1st time last night against Greenbrier.  SS pretty much dominated Greenbrier from beggining to the end.  I was really impressed with how well they played.  I can't believe how good Greenwwod is.
Hanah Allison and Lizzy Briones are the showstoppers on this team.  If you send anything over free they will make you pay dearly.

neafbfan

The East  seeds will be
1) Nettleton 14-0 sweep of conference
2/3 Toss up between Wynne and Tech. Wynne won the first round.
4) Paragould is the solid fourth.
The other four are getting ready for the orange ball.

neafbfan

Volleyball roundup

JONESBORO — Nettleton moved to 10-0 in 5A-East conference play Monday with a 25-18, 25-23, 25-23 victory over an improving Greene County Tech program.
The Lady Raiders kept their lengthy conference winning streak alive and moved closer to a second consecutive 5A-East title. Nettleton (20-2) is undefeated in conference play since Oct. 4, 2006, a streak spanning 29 contests.Mandi Bauer had 31 assists and 13 digs for Nettleton, while Kelsie Hodges added 19 kills. Meredith Vincent went for 24 digs and Anna Wyatt added 21. Staci Ho served 17-for-17, Allison Wyatt chipped in 27 digs, and Madison Rupard picked up four blocks.
Nettleton also won in junior high, taking the match 25-21, 25-8.
Ali Thomas served 15-for-15 with three aces and five assists. Hannah Campbell led in kills with five. Montana Nelson dug a team-high 11 balls.

vbrox

Siloam Springs won the Rogers tournament this weekend.  Beat Rogers in the semifinals.  Beat Bentonville in the finals in 2 games.

Ty

Quote from: 7AFBFAN on October 03, 2008, 08:17:41 am
Ty, they sound like a team with a lot of potential. Did you notice if they were good at blocking?
The Hodges girl could get up. They were playing Forrest City so the game really was not even close.

football_freak777

Quote from: vbrox on October 13, 2008, 11:10:30 am
Siloam Springs won the Rogers tournament this weekend.  Beat Rogers in the semifinals.  Beat Bentonville in the finals in 2 games.

Siloam finally got back on track

Ty

Quote from: football_freak777 on October 13, 2008, 06:13:16 pm
Quote from: vbrox on October 13, 2008, 11:10:30 am

Siloam finally got back on track
Briones is a sweet girl.

football_freak777

Quote from: Ty on October 13, 2008, 07:12:48 pm<br />
Quote from: football_freak777 on October 13, 2008, 06:13:16 pm<br />
Quote from: vbrox on October 13, 2008, 11:10:30 am<br />Siloam Springs won the Rogers tournament this weekend.  Beat Rogers in the semifinals.  Beat Bentonville in the finals in 2 games.<br />
<br /><br />Siloam finally got back on track<br />
<br />Briones is a sweet girl.<br />

she was amazing for Siloam last year as a freashman and is the Jessie Wade for Siloam this year.

Quite Frankly

That wasn't the entire first string that Bentonville had on the court.  But SS won nonetheless.

football_freak777

Quote from: QF© on October 13, 2008, 09:18:09 pm
That wasn't the entire first string that Bentonville had on the court.  But SS won nonetheless.

who all was bentonville missing?

Ty

Quote from: football_freak777 on October 13, 2008, 09:13:50 pm
Quote from: Ty on October 13, 2008, 07:12:48 pm<br />
Quote from: football_freak777 on October 13, 2008, 06:13:16 pm<br />
Quote from: vbrox on October 13, 2008, 11:10:30 am<br />Siloam Springs won the Rogers tournament this weekend.  Beat Rogers in the semifinals.  Beat Bentonville in the finals in 2 games.<br />
<br /><br />Siloam finally got back on track<br />
<br />Briones is a sweet girl.<br />

she was amazing for Siloam last year as a freashman and is the Jessie Wade for Siloam this year.
She sure was. Really smart girl too.

Quite Frankly

Quote from: football_freak777 on October 13, 2008, 09:19:17 pm

I heard them and Rogers mixed some jayvee in there more than normal.  But to be truthful, I don't know who, how many or how frequently that occured.

football_freak777

Quote from: QF© on October 13, 2008, 09:22:59 pm
Quote from: football_freak777 on October 13, 2008, 09:19:17 pm

I heard them and Rogers mixed some jayvee in there more than normal.  But to be truthful, I don't know who, how many or how frequently that occured.

wow very unlike bentonville and rogers to do that. usually there all out and making sure the team gets the point and keeping them in until its 25-4 25-12 and 25-6

vbrox

I was at the tournament and I saw varsity starters for bentonville making mistakes - like getting blocked for the 5th time and the coach subbin them.  They didn't stay out long.

football_freak777

Quote from: mdawg12 on October 15, 2008, 10:19:48 pm
Couple of articles on SS VB:

Jr High

http://www.nwanews.com/hl/Sports/25827/

Sr High

http://www.nwanews.com/hl/Sports/25824/

wow i'm very happy to see an article of the jr. high girls in there a very good testament to the Siloam Springs Newspaper

neafbfan

Congrats to the Lady Raiders on a 14-0 sweep of the 5A East in Back-to-Back seasons.

The East and West will go 4-0 in round one of the state tournament.
The East and West will go 2-2 in the quarters and split in the semis  to set up a Nettleton-Greenwood final.

football_freak777

Quote from: neafbfan on October 16, 2008, 09:52:29 pm
Congrats to the Lady Raiders on a 14-0 sweep of the 5A East in Back-to-Back seasons.

The East and West will go 2-2 in the quarters and split in the semis  to set up a Nettleton-Greenwood final.

Sorry for all of you guys but its gonna be the same match up it was last year Greenwood vs. Siloam Springs

neafbfan

Praise the Lord, the tournament is in Wynne this year.

football_freak777

Quote from: neafbfan on October 19, 2008, 11:38:30 pm<br />Praise the Lord, the tournament is in Wynne this year.<br />
'

Dang I liked it being in Siloam considering we have the only official Volleyball Areana

bobcat81

Quote from: football_freak777 on October 19, 2008, 09:26:02 pm
Quote from: neafbfan on October 16, 2008, 09:52:29 pm

Sorry for all of you guys but its gonna be the same match up it was last year Greenwood vs. Siloam Springs

Once again, 3 of the 4 semi-finalists are from the 5A west.  Barring an upset in the semis, it does appear it will be a Greenwood/Siloam matchup in the finals. 

topdog84

Well, happy to see that it's yet another October clash of the titans.  Greenwood -vs.-SIloam Springs.  I see this one going 4 games, with Greenwood winning and overthrowing the dynasty. Good Luck to both teams.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas