• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

volleyball

Started by elvis26, October 16, 2007, 06:06:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

elvis26

;D why dont we have a topic for girls high school and junior high volleyball? i feel like the girls deserve some recognition in their sports also. they work just as hard as the guys. sincerely elvis26

Lanny

If there is enough interest I will make one.

Valleysports

I've written diff moderators a 1/2 dozen times asking for a volleyball link.  Unfortunately Volleyball is winding down now.  Yes please give us a Volleyball Link. 

Valleysports

Hey elvis who's your team?  What conference?  Last night NLR upset Russellville in 7A Central.  I'm a Russellville fan but would like to congratulate the NLR team on a good finish.  They've had a long season, but they can be proud of how far they've come.  Good luck to NLR in the state tournament, except next time you play Russellville. 

natcoach

That NLR Volleyball team looks pretty good and have pleasantly surprised me. The Varsity girls seem to enjoy being teammates and friends on and off the court. I believe they have come to realize that it is all about TEAM not individuals and they have so much HEART!!! To watch them come back on teams the way they have this year. WOW!!!!! Down to Conway 2 games and win 3-2......

The_Bomb

Quote from: NatCoNLR on October 18, 2007, 02:05:36 pm
That NLR Volleyball team looks pretty good and have pleasantly surprised me. The Varsity girls seem to enjoy being teammates and friends on and off the court. I believe they have come to realize that it is all about TEAM not individuals and they have so much HEART!!! To watch them come back on teams the way they have this year. WOW!!!!! Down to Conway 2 games and win 3-2......

That was back on September 25th. Now you get to come to play the FINAL volleyball match at Wampus Cat Gym. It's Senior Night!!! No Air Conditioning!!! Beware!!!! (J/K)

But, on a more serious note, NLR has come a long way in the past few years and you have a great coach in Cheryl Bing. The Lady Charging Wildcats will eventually play for a state title and having Russellville and Cabot join the Central over the last two years, it means that most nights, everyone is going to be in a war.  NLR fans should be very, very proud of her.  She is one of our own and except, when her teams play the Lady Cats, we always root for her and her teams.

Valleysports

Hey Bomb how's Conway's next 2 years looking?  Russellville will continue to improve as the 10th graders, that's the 2006 East 9th graders who won central conf and north/central tourn, move towards their senior year.  We recognize the girls from Conway, but the surprise to us is MSM.  When we met them in last years (north/south 9th grd tourn) they were intimidating and were undefeated for the year.  I was expecting the same kind of team, this year, from the MSM JV and Varsity.  They're not even 7 feet tall anymore!

The_Bomb

Quote from: Valleysports on October 18, 2007, 03:37:21 pm
Hey Bomb how's Conway's next 2 years looking?  Russellville will continue to improve as the 10th graders, that's the 2006 East 9th graders who won central conf and north/central tourn, move towards their senior year.  We recognize the girls from Conway, but the surprise to us is MSM.  When we met them in last years (north/south 9th grd tourn) they were intimidating and were undefeated for the year.  I was expecting the same kind of team, this year, from the MSM JV and Varsity.  They're not even 7 feet tall anymore!

What ususally happens is the programs with two ninth grade teams eventually catch up with the school that just has the one team.  As far as Conway is concerned, Coach Crow will put the best team she can on the floor.  They are looking foward to getting into their new home next year.  They got a little taste when they hosted the Lady Cat Invitational a couple of weeks back and won it.  They are putting the finishing touches on it right now and it should be ready very soon.

elvis26

;D my team is the trumann wildcats. they play in the 3 4a conference. they have had a pretty good season. they have won 18 and lost 6 games so far this year. sincerely elvis26

Valleysports

hSv - does this mean we are NOT getting a Volleyball Site?  We're already buried 2 pages back in General Activities.  Had a hard time finding it myself and I was looking for it. 

John M.

What teams are going to state?

# seed and conference

Brookland won 3a north followed by Piggott,CRA,and Hoxie.

Fat Money

Quote from: John M. on October 21, 2007, 12:21:47 pm
What teams are going to state?

# seed and conference

Brookland won 3a north followed by Piggott,CRA,and Hoxie.
The seeds from the 5A-West are: three-time defending state champ Siloam Springs at No. 1; Greenwood at No. 2; Morrilton at No. 3 and LR Christian at No. 4.

Rubicon

5 EAST

#1 nettleton
#2 wynne
#3 green county tech
#4 paragould ? or batesville?

I think east matches up with West

wynne plays morrilton

Valleysports

Wish Russellville could host Cabot in Russellville Thursday, along with Cabot's football team.  And Russellville has a descent gym. Who plays who in the 7A State Tournament next week?

Valleysports

The Cyclones slipped past Van Buren - should be in 2nd game of tournament now!

Rubicon

5 west kinda beat up on the 5 east in first round

GCT lost in 3 to greenwood
wynne lost in 4 ( heard from GCT people that wynne /morrilton was a great match)
paragould lost in 3 to SS

nettleton won

haven't heard anything from 2nd round, every contact I had lost & left 

Rubicon

2nd round,
nettleton beat magnolia in 3

tomorrow, face SS

Valleysports

Need to hear from 7A - Russellville lost to someone tonight - we are out - girls can go to Cabot vs Russellville Football game!

ahoycorey

I totally agree that Fearless should have a volleyball thread.
Go Mansfield!
Woo!

John M.

Quote from: ahoycorey on October 31, 2007, 09:50:48 pm
Go Mansfield!
Woo!

Your first post on this thread and it's AFTER Mansfield loses to Brookland?

gilndoc

Not sure who SS played, but they did take it in 3.  Looks like the Nettleton and SS might be a pretty good game.

ahoycorey

Quote from: John M. on November 01, 2007, 06:25:10 am
Quote from: ahoycorey on October 31, 2007, 09:50:48 pm
Go Mansfield!
Woo!

Your first post on this thread and it's AFTER Mansfield loses to Brookland?
Haha.. I support my school's teams no matter what. I don't support the volleyball team as much as I should though. There's no shame in losing to the defending champs. Go tigers!!

Valleysports

Would someone please explain to me how the Post Volleyball Season works?
Is it like softball where the playoffs are played in a rotating place but the finals are played in Fayetteville?  And why would Nettleton play Southside (or is SS something else)?

Valleysports

Hate to say it – however Russellville already knew this having recently moved from the western conference to the central – but the western conference volleyball programs are strong.  Guess it's the J.O. Programs in the western, especially NW, part of the state that feed these high schools?  I know there are J.O. programs in the LR area and Conway.  Why aren't these school programs stronger?  We've had nothing in Russellville, but have had some good teams, won the state tournament a few years back and conference last year.  Shouldn't say this but I think we've skated by with average teams since joining the central conference the last 2 years.  Any thoughts on this?  Is this a fairly accurate assessment?  There are some very good young Cyclone Volleyball Athletes that we need to get into quality programs over the next few years.

Oh yes – Conway, Russellville, NLR, have been spanked right out of the state tournament by Fayetteville, Rogers, & Bentonville.  Are there any central teams still standing?

gilndoc

Quote from: Valleysports on November 01, 2007, 10:40:42 am
Would someone please explain to me how the Post Volleyball Season works?
Is it like softball where the playoffs are played in a rotating place but the finals are played in Fayetteville?  And why would Nettleton play Southside (or is SS something else)?

SS = Siloam Springs  Sorry do most of my posting in the 5a west and it is understood :D

BTW

5a games today in Siloam Springs
Siloam Springs vs Nettleton 1 PM
Morrilton vs GreenWood 3 PM

7a games today  in Cabot
FS Southside vs Bentonville 1 PM
Fayetteville vs Rogers 3 PM

Championships will be on the 3rd in Greenwood

John M.

A rematch of last years 3A final.Brookland vs. Lavaca.

Brookland defeated Shiloh Christian in 3.
Lavaca over Crowley's Ridge Academy in 4.

mack

Quote from: Valleysports on November 01, 2007, 11:09:01 am
Hate to say it – however Russellville already knew this having recently moved from the western conference to the central – but the western conference volleyball programs are strong.  Guess it’s the J.O. Programs in the western, especially NW, part of the state that feed these high schools?  I know there are J.O. programs in the LR area and Conway.  Why aren’t these school programs stronger?  We’ve had nothing in Russellville, but have had some good teams, won the state tournament a few years back and conference last year.  Shouldn’t say this but I think we’ve skated by with average teams since joining the central conference the last 2 years.  Any thoughts on this?  Is this a fairly accurate assessment?  There are some very good young Cyclone Volleyball Athletes that we need to get into quality programs over the next few years.

Oh yes – Conway, Russellville, NLR, have been spanked right out of the state tournament by Fayetteville, Rogers, & Bentonville.  Are there any central teams still standing?

Could not agree more.  The West is light years ahead of the Central in volleyball.  Bentonville did stuff on the court against us that we never saw all year long.  Our athletes are as good or better, but the programs up there are just more advanced.

We need a volleyball thread in the Fall.

Anything is Possible

Watched the Siloam Lady Panthers take a very good Nettleton team 3-0 today in the semi's.  Nettleton hung tough but Siloam was on it's game and literally unstopable.  I have never seen a high school team play any better or have more talent.  The front line is 6'1", 6'0", 5"11" and the "short" one is a also an outstanding setter.  Here's where it gets scary... the starters include 1 freshman and two sophomores.  They all can leap out of the gym and are mobile.

I have watched some really good Siloam volleyball teams and this one blows me away.  That's no guarantee that they continue to play well but if they are on it is a beauty to watch.

gilndoc

Quote from: Anything is Possible on November 01, 2007, 11:01:43 pm
I have watched some really good Siloam volleyball teams and this one blows me away.  That's no guarantee that they continue to play well but if they are on it is a beauty to watch.

Watching these girls is an awesome experience, they are incredibly good.  What is scary, is that they are talent stacked down to the freshman with alot of club ball experience.  It does drop off in the 8th grade because they are more AAU Basketball oriented.

mack

Quote from: gilndoc on November 02, 2007, 07:04:20 am

Watching these girls is an awesome experience, they are incredibly good.  What is scary, is that they are talent stacked down to the freshman with alot of club ball experience.  It does drop off in the 8th grade because they are more AAU Basketball oriented.

Any truth to the rumor that the Nettleton girls were greeted by a chorus of "boos" when they entered the SS gym, from the 200 or so fans from Siloam Springs?  I was surprised to hear that from a Nettleton parent.  If it is true, I guess the AAA sportsmanship rules are not being enforced.

gilndoc

Quote from: mack on November 02, 2007, 11:31:46 am

Any truth to the rumor that the Nettleton girls were greeted by a chorus of "boos" when they entered the SS gym, from the 200 or so fans from Siloam Springs?  I was surprised to hear that from a Nettleton parent.  If it is true, I guess the AAA sportsmanship rules are not being enforced.

Not a clue, was on my way to football game. I'm sure Siloam will be greeted with a chorus of cheers when we play Greenwood at Greenwood for the state title :D

mack

Quote from: gilndoc on November 02, 2007, 12:00:33 pm
Quote from: mack on November 02, 2007, 11:31:46 am

Not a clue, was on my way to football game. I'm sure Siloam will be greeted with a chorus of cheers when we play Greenwood at Greenwood for the state title :D

Would be classy wouldn't it?

mulerider12

Brookland won 3A
Westside (jonesboro) won 4a

funkyharbs

this just in

Siloam Springs won its 4th strait state title against greenwood in greenwood.

i love hearing that

ladycat32

Quote from: mulerider12 on November 03, 2007, 03:21:29 pm
Brookland won 3A

Its good to hear that West Side beat VV.. This would have been their 5th state to win..  we lost to them which put us in 3rd, it was a loss that shouldn't have happend.  Next year we, Mena, are going to be State Champs for 4A.

ladycat32

Quote from: hSv on October 16, 2007, 06:15:22 pm
If there is enough interest I will make one.

Yes I think there is enough interest.. And we need one soon so we can talk about the State Tournament, which was today

So do you think there is any possibility of getting one anytime soon?

bknittin

Score for 7A state championship...Fay vs Bville?

John M.

Quote from: ladycat32 on November 03, 2007, 06:20:03 pm
Brookland won 3A

Its good to hear that West Side beat VV.. This would have been their 5th state to win..  we lost to them which put us in 3rd, it was a loss that shouldn't have happend.  Next year we, Mena, are going to be State Champs for 4A.

A loss that shouldn't have happened?25-12,25-13,25-9.That's a thorough spanking.I admire your positive thinking but I believe it has made you a wee bit delusional.

Hibatchi

Brookland won 3A

haha its good to have dreams but let's not get crazy, it will still be westside and valley view in the 4A for the next couple of years.

Ron Mexico

Quote from: Hibatchi on November 03, 2007, 10:21:34 pm
Brookland won 3A

haha its good to have dreams but let's not get crazy, it will still be westside and valley view in the 4A for the next HUNDRED years.

Fixed that for ya.

ladycat32

Quote from: Ron Mexico on November 03, 2007, 11:55:38 pm
Brookland won 3A

haha its good to have dreams but let's not get crazy, it will still be westside and valley view in the 4A for the next HUNDRED years.

Fixed that for ya.

Well next year we really are going to be a threat just wait and see.. we have the same middles, and outside blockers and all off season we are working on passing passing passing so just wait and see who wins next year

Fat Money

Congratulations to Brookland and their coach, Nancy Rodriguez, who played her high school volleyball under coach Judy Lewis at Harrison, and to the SS Lady Panthers for winning their fourth straight and for keeping the title in the West! Congrats to GW as well for making it to the title match.

Hibatchi

Quote from: ladycat32 on November 04, 2007, 01:24:38 am
Brookland won 3A

Fixed that for ya.

Well next year we really are going to be a threat just wait and see.. we have the same middles, and outside blockers and all off season we are working on passing passing passing so just wait and see who wins next year

You and every other 4A school will be working on passing this offseason but its still going to be westside and valley view head and shoulders above everybody... period

ricefarmer

who won the 6A and 7A?  who played who too?

ladycat32

Brookland won 3A

Fixed that for ya.

Well we will just see who is in the finals next year and I guarantee that Mena will be one of the two

Hibatchi

Quote from: ladycat32 on November 04, 2007, 12:10:26 pm
Brookland won 3A

Fixed that for ya.

Well we will just see who is in the finals next year and I guarantee that Mena will be one of the two

You have been saying that Mena will win state next year, now you are just saying they will be in the finals. Are you losing some of that confidence now?

ladycat32

Quote from: Hibatchi on November 04, 2007, 12:38:59 pm
Brookland won 3A

Fixed that for ya.

You have been saying that Mena will win state next year, now you are just saying they will be in the finals. Are you losing some of that confidence now?

No I am not losing my confidence I still believe we will win.. It's just all yall are talking about is VV and West Side being the last two and they aren't going to be next year

Hibatchi

Quote from: ladycat32 on November 04, 2007, 04:11:05 pm
Brookland won 3A

Fixed that for ya.

No I am not losing my confidence I still believe we will win.. It's just all yall are talking about is VV and West Side being the last two and they aren't going to be next year

Well good luck with that next year, its going to take a whole lot of luck to take down Westside and Valley View because nobody in 4A has the talent that they have.

ladycat32

Quote from: Hibatchi on November 04, 2007, 05:00:03 pm
Quote from: ladycat32 on November 04, 2007, 04:11:05 pm
Brookland won 3A

Fixed that for ya.

Well good luck with that next year, its going to take a whole lot of luck to take down Westside and Valley View because nobody in 4A has the talent that they have.

We have just as much talent as Valley View, when we played them we didn't play up to the level we had been playing all year.  They are coming to the Ladycat Classic next year so we will see who has the talent then I guess.

volleyballhead

I was at the tournament all day.  It was an awesome day of volleyball.  Brookland beat Lavaca in 4 to start the tournament out, both solid teams.  Thought if Lavaca had hit the ball better they would have had a good chance to win.  Then the best match of the day was next where Westside beat Valley View.  What a game!  These two teams don't make very many mistakes.  I think both of them would compete well against anybody in the state of Arkansas.  Westside had the best player in the whole tournament, don't know her name, but did hear she is commited to Ark State.  In the 3rd match we saw Siloam Springs beat Greenwood.  Unlike previous matches this year it was truely a battle and Siloam had to earn a state championship for the first time in a while.  Their very talented and well coached.  I know they have a lot coming back but look out for Greenwood again next year, their 9th grade was 23-4 this year and beat Siloam's 9th grade twice, without Siloams best 9th grader however.  After that we saw Lake Hamilton beat Benton.  This was a good match but lacked energy as we saw the smallest crowd of the day.  These were 2 good teams that obviously lacked a support from their schools.  Watch out again next year for Lake Hamilton as their junior high program was undefeated this year until the finals of the conference tournament, they also return several big time starters.  The last match of the day started late but it was a good won.  It took Bentonville 5 games beat Fayetteville who seemed to never give up.  It was a great day of volleyball and Greenwood did an awesome job in hosting the first ever championship games.
Did you know?
1. The first three championship games were repeat match-ups of last years championship games.  Only Westside over Valley View had a different result as Siloam and Brookland won last year.
2. 4 of the 5 matches took place between conference teams.  The only one that didn't was Brookland and Lavaca.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas