• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

6A Track and Field

Started by Hogman2018, January 17, 2018, 07:01:03 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hogman2018

Who do think will win the 6A state championship this year?

RATTLER43

I'll take Texarkana in a close one over LH and reverse in girls with LH taking the title.  Who do you have?

Hogman2018

Quote from: RATTLER43 on January 17, 2018, 08:03:16 pm
I'll take Texarkana in a close one over LH and reverse in girls with LH taking the title.  Who do you have?
I think it is two team race between LH and Texarkana and the girls I think Russelville will win it!! Texarkana will be going after their 6th straight championship!

Pat Swilling

Betting against Texarkana would be a mistake.  If I remember correctly the majority of their dudes are Juniors.

RATTLER43

Would be nice to see old traditional power Russvegas back in the mix.
I never bet against Texarkana......

Hogman2018

Quote from: RATTLER43 on January 18, 2018, 09:17:50 am
Would be nice to see old traditional power Russvegas back in the mix.
I never bet against Texarkana......
I agree!!

RATTLER43

Carnahan teams could compete with any team.  They had some distance and mid-distance runners that were amazing...... He had good athletes in lots of events but could take over a meet with those guys.

Hogman2018

Here in Texarkana we lost a great coach in Coach Burdine where we won 5 state championships in a row. Our new coach is Coach Harrell which is a really good track coach . He won a state championship in Texas a couple of years ago so I dont think we will miss a beat! We win with lots of depth in every event.  We will be really good in the jumps and hurdles this year.we have to develope some distance runners this year. By the end of the year we will have a chance to win it again!

RATTLER43

Burdine developed a great track and field culture there.  Good luck.  You know Koonce will have his troops ready as well.

Hogman2018

Well at least we dont have to go to LH for state it will be in Russelville. We never get DQ in any meet but at LH !! Koontz always gets us some how! Im not joking

RATTLER43

Lol.   Karl knows the rules inside out!!!!    Talking track makes me so ready for outdoor to get started. 

Hogman2018

Good luck to ur teams this year!!

RATTLER43

Pat Swilling

Texarkana has been winning State Track Meets since the 70's. 

RATTLER43

But 5 in a row is still impressive.
9th, 7th, 7th, and 2nd the four years leading up to this run.
Champions:  78-80, 93, 94, 96, and the current run. 

Pat Swilling

5 is unbelievable.  I'm just saying recent success is nothing new in Texarkana.  They will be fast kids in Texarkana for years to come.  Genetics. 

Hogman2018

Yea our 9th grade kids are really good! They have a chance to be one of the best teams to come through in awhile. We have 60 kids to sign up for track! Now all of them wont make it but real good numbers!  If they stay with the program and develope we will be okay! Lol

AT

My pre season rankings for 6A Boys:

1. Lake Hamilton
2. Arkansas
3. Benton
4. Pine Bluff
5. Russellville
6. Greenwood
7. Jonesboro
8. Marion
8. El Dorado
10. Mountain Home

Hogman2018

Trackster U did a great job! I agree with you on LH they should win it! But if some of our young kids (Texarkana) come through we will give them a run for it

RiverRunner02

Quote from: Hogman2018 on February 27, 2018, 06:02:16 pm
Trackster U did a great job! I agree with you on LH they should win it! But if some of our young kids (Texarkana) come through we will give them a run for it

9th graders that move up for conference/state will be big along with how many people you can pre-qualify for the state meet

beach bum

Quote from: RiverRunner02 on February 28, 2018, 01:12:05 pm
9th graders that move up for conference/state will be big along with how many people you can pre-qualify for the state meet

Always huge to pre qualify... We saw how vital that is last year when Heber pretty much gulped up practically every point in the mile last year at outdoor to rack up the points fast cause they had so many guys pre qualify plus the 2 extra from district.

RiverRunner02

Quote from: beach bum on February 28, 2018, 09:16:12 pm
Always huge to pre qualify... We saw how vital that is last year when Heber pretty much gulped up practically every point in the mile last year at outdoor to rack up the points fast cause they had so many guys pre qualify plus the 2 extra from district.

Lake Hamilton pre-qualified a lot of dudes in the mile last year

Hogman2018

Quote from: RiverRunner02 on March 01, 2018, 08:37:43 am
Lake Hamilton pre-qualified a lot of dudes in the mile last year
It didnt help them much we was loaded  last year(Texarkana)!! Lol

AT

Thanks for the compliment Hogman.

It's hard to rank Arkansas High 2nd, because who wants to do that with the 5 time champion?

But this might be the year LH gets back on top. They return almost every distance runner and some stud pole vaulters, while Arkansas High lost many good weapons, including their distance runner.

Things to watch out for with AHS:

They reload, not rebuild.

They've had another year before where I thought "well LH will win it this year because of all that AHS lost" and then they came out and won it.

I think AHS will find their numbers and put them in the right places. A big key will be to see if AHS can find a distance runner to break up LH's distance runners or some other school needs to do it.

Hogman2018

We dont have a distance runner in the house! Only one 800 guy ran  2:04 last year! Our new Coach has a son at Texas High that ran a 4:30 mile and a 9:50 In the 3200 last year as a junior! If he would of came with him we would of been loaded again but he is staying for his senior year at THS! But I do believe we will triple jumpers that will match LH pole vaulters!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas