• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2018 Indoor State Meet

Started by RiverRunner02, February 23, 2018, 08:16:14 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

RiverRunner02

High School track season is finally here!! The indoor meet is later than it usually is (probably due to U of A indoor schedule). Anybody have results?

beach bum

I was there for the first half of the meet. If my recollection is correct I remember Pea Ridge girls won 4 X 800 .... A young lady from West Fork won the mile in 5:41.... Askew from Jessieville won the boys mile at 4:37...... I was also impressed with the 9th grader from Manila going 4:58 in the mile & the tall kid from Sloan Hendrix going 5:04 I think. Those are good times by a 9th grader and 1A respectively. The young man from Heber ran a quick early 60m too.

beach bum

Those are just what I remember off hand.... My old alma mater was doing terrible for our standards. I have never seen my old coach so frustrated at a track meet haha.

RiverRunner02

Eskew is a great runner. Met him a couple of summers ago at a church camp. Heard he's considering Oklahoma Baptist

Trackhawk

Quote from: RiverRunner02 on February 23, 2018, 08:16:14 pm
High School track season is finally here!! The indoor meet is later than it usually is (probably due to U of A indoor schedule). Anybody have results?
The results are located at MileSplit Arkansas.  Last night the Pea Ridge won the girls 1A/2A/3A/4A, bestting 2nd place Crossett 86-67.  Heber ran off with the boys title with Ashdown 2nd with 44.5, and Pea Ridge 3rd with 44 even.  Pea Ridge was the surprise team of the meet.  They are now coached by former Tulsa Union head coach Asa Poteete, who coached his Union team to large school state titles in Oklahoma before coming to the Ridge this year.  Coach Poteete has really been a shot in the arm for the Blackhawks future.

RiverRunner02

Quote from: Trackhawk on February 24, 2018, 06:29:50 pm
  The results are located at MileSplit Arkansas.  Last night the Pea Ridge won the girls 1A/2A/3A/4A, bestting 2nd place Crossett 86-67.  Heber ran off with the boys title with Ashdown 2nd with 44.5, and Pea Ridge 3rd with 44 even.  Pea Ridge was the surprise team of the meet.  They are now coached by former Tulsa Union head coach Asa Poteete, who coached his Union team to large school state titles in Oklahoma before coming to the Ridge this year.  Coach Poteete has really been a shot in the arm for the Blackhawks future.
That's big time for Pea Ridge. Heber always has a great distance core. That core could compete 5A-7A especially Ables

beach bum

The key to having a good track team is getting your better athletes from other sports out in track too especially at the smaller classifications.. If you don't do that, you don't have a shot. I wish terribly my old school would put a track in although they never will because it is a cheap, cheap school(having 4 coaches for football at one of the biggest 4A schools tells you all you need to know how cheap the school is)..... It would increase the participation by 20-25% over night if they put a track in. That isn't everything, but a track helps obviously. Even more kudos to the schools fielding a good team without a home track.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas