• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

top teams next year. who and why

Started by bdog32, May 13, 2015, 07:37:24 am

Previous topic - Next topic

bdog32

Ecs.  #1 til proven otherwise

Valley Springs. Best player back. Well  coached. 

Jessieville.  A lot back from last year

Charleston  tradition  and a move in it say???

Cedar ridge  reaves and Crabtree.  Bad taste in mouth from last season

Marshall. ???

Proud Buckaroo

tiger2016

Two Rivers: Has most of their starters coming back and is gaining a starter in Jake Madding.

Charleston: Only has one returning starter back on their team, but never count them out.

Episcopal: Back to back state champs!

b-ball fan

I wouldn't drink the kool-aid on Madding moving. I am pretty sure that he will still be a Little John next year. Two Rivers will still have 3 solid guards, but not a lot of post presence.

#EagleStrong

Quote from: b-ball fan on May 13, 2015, 08:41:06 am
I wouldn't drink the kool-aid on Madding moving. I am pretty sure that he will still be a Little John next year. Two Rivers will still have 3 solid guards, but not a lot of post presence.

Madding was also Danville's starting QB in football. Not sure if that affects the decision or whether or not he'd mesh at TR at that position. Isn't Morgan Yates the starting QB at TR?

Longfellow

QB job is wide open. TR is moving away from the spread. But Yates will probably still be the main offensive option. Madding would be a pretty good fit in that new offense. So if he transfers, great. He could be a very good player in 3 sports. But if he doesn't, we'll be fine

#EagleStrong

Quote from: Longfellow on May 13, 2015, 10:36:23 am
QB job is wide open. TR is moving away from the spread. But Yates will probably still be the main offensive option. Madding would be a pretty good fit in that new offense. So if he transfers, great. He could be a very good player in 3 sports. But if he doesn't, we'll be fine

I was projecting TR very favorably before rumors about Madding started swirling, so I agree with you. They will have one of, if not the, best backcourts in 3A.

Longfellow

I would say the only backcourt that could be better than the Gators is that of the ECS Wildcats.

bobcats

Quote from: #EagleStrong on May 15, 2015, 11:25:34 am
Quote from: Longfellow on May 13, 2015, 10:36:23 am

I was projecting TR very favorably before rumors about Madding started swirling, so I agree with you. They will have one of, if not the, best backcourts in 3A.

Marshall will probably see this great backcourt at Jessieville team camp in July.  Should be a good match up as that is our strongest area as well.

Head Lion

Don't know Manila will be a top team, but I know we have had 5 move ins, 2 8th graders and a Freshman and 2 Sophmores that look like players to me. This to go with a very strong Freshman class already. The new steel mill construction south of Osceola is flooding our district with kids.

Moonshiner

Quote from: Head Lion on May 22, 2015, 03:23:08 pm
Don't know Manila will be a top team, but I know we have had 5 move ins, 2 8th graders and a Freshman and 2 Sophmores that look like players to me. This to go with a very strong Freshman class already. The new steel mill construction south of Osceola is flooding our district with kids.

Where are these kids coming from?  Do their parents work at the steel mill?

Head Lion

Some are school choice & some are working construction on mill. The people who work construction are supposed to get first shot at jobs in the mill.

BigMan15

Any other schools getting any move ins or transfers. Paris is said to have a move in from Russellville. Any truth to that

fbisgreat

Rumor around Charleston is that Fenner moved back,and they could be getting a 6'9 exchange kid,And a player from Paris you might no more about this big man.

Truthfully

The FF threads clearly say Fenner has moved back to Charleston and near the gymnasium. I had heard last year before the basketball season actually started that Charleston heard Fenner might be coming back this year. Guess something back in September/October brought on the idea of going back to Charleston. He is a true exceptional athlete on the basketball court.

BigMan15

Quote from: Truthfully on May 26, 2015, 07:22:53 pm
The FF threads clearly say Fenner has moved back to Charleston and near the gymnasium. I had heard last year before the basketball season actually started that Charleston heard Fenner might be coming back this year. Guess something back in September/October brought on the idea of going back to Charleston. He is a true exceptional athlete on the basketball court.
Not sure where that came from we didnt know we were coming back till about a month ago

RTF

ECS will repeat! you heard it here again! 3 times!!!

RTF

BigMan says its because of Paris Admin. but I think its because of this " If you can't beat them, join them" LOL

BigMan15

Haha. Charleston lost a lot and we feel that with us coming back Charleston will still compete in the state tourney. Considering how much they lost it would be pretty impressive. Also Charleston has some young guys coming that will keep the trend going.

RTF

you think pretty highly of yourself I noticed, I mean without your kid Charleston would be what next year? nothing?

#EagleStrong

Not nothing, but losing Matthew Ward and Andrew Smith created a huge void there. Fenner makes a fine replacement for Ward as a big guard with a stellar shot. Filling Smith's shoes is a tougher question. They don't have anyone that size, but I've heard they have a younger player that's about 6'4 and is pretty athletic, Phillip Hampton. Wade Gerlick, while not quite as tall, is a big body that can play there too. Chase Ewing will play a lot as a sophomore next year, and Jackson Rowland should round out their key players. So without Fenner, you'd have a fresh sophomore, not an experienced one like Fenner was this year having played up as a freshman, and a first time starter in Rowland out there on the perimeter, all while trying to replace a 6'7 all-state center as well. Fenner will take pressure off the post play and open up more opportunities for Ewing and Rowland as teams key in on him. So yes, Fenner makes a huge difference, both in terms of his ability to score as well as his ability to make players around him better by virtue of just being on the court.

BigMan15

Quote from: RTF on May 27, 2015, 02:47:05 pm
you think pretty highly of yourself I noticed, I mean without your kid Charleston would be what next year? nothing?
i think highly of my kids and i think brandon proved hisself last year. And we are happy to be back at Charleston. And also it seems the town is happy to have us back. So its a win win.

Eagle20

Quote from: RTF on May 27, 2015, 08:17:11 am
ECS will repeat! you heard it here again! 3 times!!!
We are going to see if Marsh can coach now.  He has absolutely 0 post presence now and will be thin.  Two guards as good as anybody but a lot to replace.

RTF

I know ECS lost a lot but I still think they are best in 3A. Also bigman, I didn't mention anything about your kids.

-Painted Fan-

I wouldn't go giving the 3A-4 crown to Two Rivers just yet. Charleston won't be as "down" as you might think.
And that's all I have to say about that....

RTF

....and yet I thought the Coach had kids move in and live with him for academic purposes......lol

fbisgreat

I don't think the 2 exchange player's will be living with the coach.

bdog32

On the cedar ridge thread it says 3 players quit .  Anyone know anything about this?  How does this hurt their chances

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas