• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

State Championship: Mayflower vs. Episcopal

Started by WPWells, March 09, 2015, 03:52:23 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

neds

Quote from: Rebel82 on March 12, 2015, 07:19:27 pm
Quote from: hornethigh-mhs on March 12, 2015, 07:13:18 pm
Who was the mvp?
Mahlon Martin

Well deserved, starter since his 9th grade year. He has been a part of history for this school, the best 4yrs in ECS history. Highly doubt this will ever be matched.

Head Lion

Also, ECS was Head Lion's Best Bet in 12th Mans grand prize game!💵💰💵

Grover42

Congrats ECS on another championship. It's unbelievable how you people slap me for predicting mayflower to win. Lol I hate Mayflower couldn't hold tryouts like some schools do because winning is everything. Lol. Whatever. Keep slapping me

WPWells

NEark tigers

Quote from: neds on March 12, 2015, 06:34:29 pm
Quote from: NEark tigers on March 12, 2015, 06:17:00 pm
Well, the Episcopal Corporation $chool wins it all with "recruited" talent in a very down 3A season.

Let's party!!!

Now you're at least 5 titles away from traditional superpower status....

Please don't "drop a dime" on me....LOL😆

The ultimate in jealousy, you get embarrassed by England in 2A and come running on to this thread to spew your venom. Your bright orange jump suit proceeds you. We always see you coming. You won't 'Dak Prescott ' this thread, I think that was a bottle to the head . .
Maybe next year Nark
Wow....Seems to me that was a little threat....

"Bottle to the head", now that wasn't the type if response I was anticipating. I didn't make any such towards you at all coming from a "high-morality"  person like yourself. That was not cool at all...enough said.

Grover42

I'm not bitter at all. I am a grumpy old fart at times. I am a firm believer in classifications being established to make an even playing field. The smaller classifications usually mean that the schools are financially unable to have the best facilities or attract the best talant but on a level playing field it's ok because they are all about the same. The difference may be exceptional coaching or community involvement to promote junior teams and build good teams.  I am tired of seeing these private schools in all the championship games in all sports. I believe they could all be competitive in the same conference. There are enough of them now they could. Ron Crawford is building a super team at southwest Christian. 

neds

What Ron Crawford is doing is the opposite of what Episcopal represents

jr17

Southwest will never be a "super team" until the best players in the state go there. The Kevaugh Allens and Malik Monks.

Grover42

Quote from: neds on March 12, 2015, 09:06:17 pm
Agreed to a point. Ron is a friend of mine and I know where his heart lies. It's always been for the love of the sport and he genuinely cares for those boys. It's not a coincidence that he chose a private Christian school because the rules aren't the same as public schools. They just arent. 

Head Lion

I used to aggravated by the private school situation, I just believe you develop the attitude to go work & get better or sulk & let them beat your brains out. I like the competition & kids need to learn these days, sometimes life is not a level field. Get over it & overcome!

Grover42

Here's the thing. I agree. Play to your competition. I know that hard work beats talant however I do feel sorry for these rural schools in the middle of nowhere and they play the kids who are raised there and the get their teeth kicked in by a much better team and for allot of these kids high school sports are memories they have forever. The paradigm is changing and the rural schools are being left behind. 

Head Lion

Can't disagree Grover, it makes the fruit of our labor that much sweeter.

Lrbasketballguru

Quote from: jr17 on March 12, 2015, 09:12:22 pm
Southwest will never be a "super team" until the best players in the state go there. The Kevaugh Allens and Malik Monks.

They have a couple of the top players in the state: Shawn Williams, Eric Curry, Marquell Frasier, etc.

Grover42

Quote from: Lrbasketballguru on March 12, 2015, 09:29:58 pm

They have a couple of the top players in the state: Shawn Williams, Eric Curry, Marquell Frasier, etc.
I wasn't goint to disagree. I would put that team up against anyone. And monk and Scoggins from benton are all playing on the wings eybl team this year. They start in Richmond next week. Should be another Crawford national championship.

smallybells

Not mention the Eastern Europeans ect. SWC brings over to "mentor". I doubt any team in this state as far as AAA could take them down.

Grover42

I'm sure they are being groomed for the next level. I don't know that they will all end up as McDonald's all American but one thing is for sure none of them will end up at Arkansas. Anderson will not recruit a Crawford player. Which is sad.

WildcatGrandpa13

Congrats to ECS on the coveted 2-peat! Great group of boys that deserve it! Put in a lot of hard work to get to this point, couldn't be more proud!

cdelaney

Quote from: neds on March 12, 2015, 09:06:17 pm
Although AAU basketball games can be ugly, and "national" championships a little misleading, there is no doubt that AAU has helped raised the standard of play in HS basketball over the past 20 years or so, and Coach Crawford deserves a huge amount of the credit for that. Having said that, I hate the movement toward these prep schools for BB across the country, for kids who still have HS eligibility. Bringing over kids from Africa, or Europe, and playing a non-AAA schedule, no problem; recruiting kids from their local high schools for their barnstorming exhibition type basketball season- I think it is a horrible idea for the kids and for the overall state of HS basketball in AR.

cdelaney

Quote from: Grover42 on March 12, 2015, 08:42:31 pm
Congrats ECS on another championship. It's unbelievable how you people slap me for predicting mayflower to win. Lol I hate Mayflower couldn't hold tryouts like some schools do because winning is everything. Lol. Whatever. Keep slapping me
1) How do you know it's ECS posters slapping you? 2)What do you mean about tryouts?

smallybells

I think he is referring to boosters ect. helping go after hand picked talent around the area whether it be from hosting camps or whatever and need based tuition assistance yada, yada, yada. All of which is legal as it stands, not slamming ECS. As far as internet karma, claps/slaps who cares lol.

RetiredBB

Congratulations to LR Episcopal for winning state twice in a row.   They have some quality young men.

DeeGee

Eagle20

Quote from: Grover42 on March 12, 2015, 09:35:03 pm
Quote from: Lrbasketballguru on March 12, 2015, 09:29:58 pm
scoggins is not on that level at all. 

I wasn't goint to disagree. I would put that team up against anyone. And monk and Scoggins from benton are all playing on the wings eybl team this year. They start in Richmond next week. Should be another Crawford national championship.

cdelaney

Quote from: smallybells on March 14, 2015, 04:47:56 pm
I think he is referring to boosters ect. helping go after hand picked talent around the area whether it be from hosting camps or whatever and need based tuition assistance yada, yada, yada. All of which is legal as it stands, not slamming ECS. As far as internet karma, claps/slaps who cares lol.
So can you name the hand-picked talent on this team and the boosters who hand picked them or hosted camps for them? You know these kids have all been at the school for years don't you? Were they hand-picked coming out of 5th grade? There is financial aid based need at ECS for anyone who is accepted to the school if they apply for it, but it is my understanding that it does not pay the entire load at all. So even if you are paying 1/3 or 1/2  of the tuition, that is way more than what you pay for public schools (zero).
I don't care about the karma thing either, I was just wondering how he knew that it was ECS posters who were slapping him, I think there is a good chance some Charleston and probably Mayflower folks got in on it as well!

smallybells

Quote from: cdelaney on March 16, 2015, 09:50:36 am
Quote from: smallybells on March 14, 2015, 04:47:56 pm
So can you name the hand-picked talent on this team and the boosters who hand picked them or hosted camps for them? You know these kids have all been at the school for years don't you? Were they hand-picked coming out of 5th grade? There is financial aid based need at ECS for anyone who is accepted to the school if they apply for it, but it is my understanding that it does not pay the entire load at all. So even if you are paying 1/3 or 1/2  of the tuition, that is way more than what you pay for public schools (zero).
I don't care about the karma thing either, I was just wondering how he knew that it was ECS posters who were slapping him, I think there is a good chance some Charleston and probably Mayflower folks got in on it as well!

Nope, like I said, I was taking a stab at what I think he was referring too, as it seems to be a consensus among several posters I have seen on here, nothing more.

WPWells

I'll freely admit I gave him a slap. There was no place for any of his comments. So you would be correct in saying that

cdelaney

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on March 16, 2015, 10:01:25 am
I'll freely admit I gave him a slap. There was no place for any of his comments. So you would be correct in saying that
I just gave you a clap for your confession. No go and sin no more, unless you do...

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas