• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

State Championship: Mayflower vs. Episcopal

Started by WPWells, March 09, 2015, 03:52:23 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

WPWells

March 09, 2015, 03:52:23 pm Last Edit: March 11, 2015, 09:06:03 pm by HF
Congratulations to Mayflower for qualifying for the state championship. Now waiting on their opponent

WPWells

We now know that it will be the Episcopal Wildcats facing the Mayflower Eagles for the State Championship

smallybells

March 09, 2015, 06:50:50 pm #3 Last Edit: March 09, 2015, 07:00:48 pm by smallybells
Vs. ECS and if the 3 times they already played this year is indicative of anything, ECS wins by 25 to 30.

WPWells

Hmmmm I tried to change the thread title but it didnt work

neds

NEark tigers

Well, it's Mayflower vs EC$-LR All-Stars for the title........

Rebel82

Quote from: NEark tigers on March 09, 2015, 07:03:56 pm
Go Wildcats!!

neds

Well sour grapes maybe you get one in 2A this year. I think the lesson ECS gave Earle this year may help you in the end.

doubled

Mayflower has a transfer from a prep school in the middle of the year I believe.

smallybells

March 09, 2015, 07:42:28 pm #10 Last Edit: March 10, 2015, 08:00:41 am by smallybells
Not really a transfer he left and then came back. ECS has played them with him was still a 25-30 point game.

Rebel82

All-Stars... I kinda like it.
Thanks for the compliment.

Hogwild#9

ECS is a outstanding team with a very smart coach and will win this game by 30. Mayflower is not a bad team but 3A seemed to be down this year plus a very easy draw in the state tourney. ECS played the second best team in 3A today.

doubled

Charleston had a easy draw besides ECS. If Valleys coach would have had them foul before the 3 C town wouldn't have been in semi's so 2nd best I think not.

WPWells

We've been through that. There were 8 seconds left when Ward shot it. Too early to do that fouling game

And I think someone is jealous and still can't let the CR loss go

neds

I give Mayflower more credit. Easier side of the bracket or not they made it through to the finals. I give a high five to the conference for having two teams in the finals.
I think ECS wins this game, as much mentally as physically.

soldier

March 09, 2015, 08:37:27 pm #16 Last Edit: March 09, 2015, 08:55:22 pm by soldier
Quote from: Hogwild#9 on March 09, 2015, 08:16:06 pm
ECS is a outstanding team with a very smart coach and will win this game by 30. Mayflower is not a bad team but 3A seemed to be down this year plus a very easy draw in the state tourney. ECS played the second best team in 3A today.

You are so jealous that you can't stand it.  You and your "group" couldn't get it done, so you always have to put the ones that can get it done, down....easy draw and the like throughout football and basketball season....don"t hate....baseball season is here!!!   LOL!!!

METFAN44

Smally you are correct.......the three times they played before were 25-30 point victories for ECS, but each time they played mayflower was not at full strength. First time no JP, second a d third time no HL. May not matter, but then again it may.

pioneers

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on March 09, 2015, 08:25:15 pm
We've been through that. There were 8 seconds left when Ward shot it. Too early to do that fouling game

I wouldn't say to early coach k did it with like 15-18 sec left in the game.

NEark tigers

Quote from: neds on March 09, 2015, 07:26:40 pm

Well sour grapes maybe you get one in 2A this year. I think the lesson ECS gave Earle this year may help you in the end.
Don't worry about the Bulldog Nation in 2A, we will hold our own if we win or not......You talk about giving someone a lesson, you might need to go back to November of 2010, eight months after WINNING TITLE NUMBER SIX, in which our homegrown talent gave EC$ a lesson in Marianna. I know it definitely helped EC$ started some recruiting,err improving the talent base.....Now don't get upset, nedy and know the TRUTH shall set you free..... ;D ;D ;D

Seacrest out, I mean NEark out....

1974,1980,1985,2000,2008,2010,2012 >  2014

NEark tigers

Quote from: Rebel82 on March 09, 2015, 07:44:51 pm
All-Stars... I kinda like it.
Thanks for the compliment.
You're welcome, rebel.....  At least someone can appreciate sense of humor.

Lrbasketballguru

Quote from: NEark tigers on March 09, 2015, 10:06:30 pm

Don't worry about the Bulldog Nation in 2A, we will hold our own if we win or not......You talk about giving someone a lesson, you might need to go back to November of 2010, eight months after WINNING TITLE NUMBER SIX, in which our homegrown talent gave EC$ a lesson in Marianna. I know it definitely helped EC$ started some recruiting,err improving the talent base.....Now don't get upset, nedy and know the TRUTH shall set you free..... ;D ;D ;D

Seacrest out, I mean NEark

Earle vs ECS all-time series= 2 to 2 I'm almost certain. Just out of curiosity, with that great of a basketball tradition, has Earle produced any hogs or other high D1 basketball players?

NEark tigers

March 09, 2015, 10:36:57 pm #22 Last Edit: March 09, 2015, 10:44:16 pm by NEark tigers
Quote from: Lrbasketballguru on March 09, 2015, 10:24:47 pm

Seacrest out, I mean NEark

Earle vs ECS all-time series= 2 to 2 I'm almost certain. Just out of curiosity, with that great of a basketball tradition, has Earle produced any hogs or other high D1 basketball players?
To my knowledge, I dont think Earle produced any Razorbacks, but mostly smaller college and junior college players...Arkansas Baptist College, and Mid South Community College in West Memphis

Grover42

Way to represent 3a5. Hands down the sec of 3a basketball. Look at regionals and consistently at the top every year. I hope that mayflower wins this contest because I feel that episcople and all private schools have an unfair advantage over private schools. I wish they all played in their own conference but aside from that they have talant end a good coach. If JP will play smart and shut freeman down they have a chance to win this game. The EPC fans get the greatest d bag awards. Just my humble opinion.

TigerMan2005

doubled

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on March 09, 2015, 08:25:15 pm

seems to me their 3rd or 4th best second best goes to Mayflower.

NEark tigers

Quote from: Grover42 on March 09, 2015, 10:43:35 pm
Way to represent 3a5. Hands down the sec of 3a basketball. Look at regionals and consistently at the top every year. I hope that mayflower wins this contest because I feel that episcople and all private schools have an unfair advantage over private schools. I wish they all played in their own conference but aside from that they have talant end a good coach. If JP will play smart and shut freeman down they have a chance to win this game. The EPC fans get the greatest d bag awards. Just my humble opinion.
+100

WPWells

Doubled, let it go. Y'all aren't even top 17 if we use that logic

With that said I'll take ECS by 20

WildcatGrandpa13

You know, I feel private schools have an advantage over private schools too...with that out of the way, I will give my thoughts on Thursday afternoon. The first time ECS played Mayflower this year (without JP Perry), the Wildcats won by 40 @ Mayflower. When JP came back, many thought the game would be closer @ ECS, but another blowout occurred. Tonight was the real state championship...Mayflower has a good team but cannot keep up with either Charleston or ECS. I would say start taking ring sizes but we already have those from last year...However, I have been proven wrong in the past. Hopefully this will not be another one of those times. Go Cats

Lrbasketballguru

Quote from: WildcatGrandpa13 on March 09, 2015, 11:14:39 pm
You know, I feel private schools have an advantage over private schools too...with that out of the way, I will give my thoughts on Thursday afternoon. The first time ECS played Mayflower this year (without JP Perry), the Wildcats won by 40 @ Mayflower. When JP came back, many thought the game would be closer @ ECS, but another blowout occurred. Tonight was the real state championship...Mayflower has a good team but cannot keep up with either Charleston or ECS. I would say start taking ring sizes but we already have those from last year...However, I have been proven wrong in the past. Hopefully this will not be another one of those times. Go Cats

Ask Clarendon and Parkview how their rings fit this year. You never know.

WildcatGrandpa13

Quote from: Lrbasketballguru on March 09, 2015, 11:24:06 pm

Why don't you ask Charleston how their football rings fit this year? Anything could happen, but anything isn't going to happen on Thursday. ECS by 20+

Hogwild#9

March 09, 2015, 11:32:58 pm #31 Last Edit: March 10, 2015, 06:51:30 pm by Hogwild#9
Quote from: soldier on March 09, 2015, 08:37:27 pm
Quote from: Hogwild#9 on March 09, 2015, 08:16:06 pm

You are so jealous that you can't stand it.  You and your "group" couldn't get it done, so you always have to put the ones that can get it done, down....easy draw,and the like throughout football and basketball season....don"t hate....baseball season is here!!!   LOL!!!
Not exactly sure who "my group" is but the proof is in the pudding. 3A was down in both football and basketball this year. No I am not jealous I don't really keep up with the basketball program because it lacks morals. I am a big supporter of the baseball team because they have a solid coach and always do right. They compete with the big boys. I support Mayflower athletics but I am not biased towards Mayflower. I call it how I see it and you don't have to agree with me.

Grover42

Quote from: WildcatGrandpa13 on March 09, 2015, 11:27:27 pm
You know, I feel private schools have an advantage over private schools too...with that out of the way, I will give my thoughts on Thursday afternoon. The first time ECS played Mayflower this year (without JP Perry), the Wildcats won by 40 @ Mayflower. When JP came back, many thought the game would be closer @ ECS, but another blowout occurred. Tonight was the real state  championship...Mayflower has a good team but cannot keep up with either Charleston or ECS. I would say start taking ring sizes but we already have those from last year...However, I have been proven wrong in the past. Hopefully this will not be another one of those times. Go Cats

Why don't you ask Charleston how their football rings fit this year? Anything could happen, but anything isn't going to happen on Thursday. ECS by 20+

Grandpa wildcat you continue to make all pompous wildcat nation proud. Way to go!! Hope you're proud of yourself. I do hope legislators will force all the private schools to play in their own conference so that PUBLIC schools can keep their athletes.

WPWells

Grover Grover Grover. You're obviously jealous of success

YC

March 10, 2015, 12:07:11 am #34 Last Edit: March 10, 2015, 12:15:06 am by IofthaTiger
Watch it guys...ole Grover is a schooool board member. He probably drove into the parking lot last year, got out of his car and announced he was "a schoool board member". No one came running with a purple robe to attire him with or rolled out the red carpet to the hospitality room for free food. Hence he hates Charleston and they are just not friendly.

Heck, I've known school board members that were winos.

Skip Baymore

This forum is endlessly fascinating. 

cdelaney

Earle is a great basketball school, fantastic tradition and passionate fan base. Hopefully some day ECS will be around long enough to have won 7 state titles. I'll settle for #2 now!
And I know you know that all the kids who played for ECS last night were already at ECS when that game took place at Marianna in 2010. They have played together for 6-7 yrs. The recruiting goes on in the public schools now, not private.

Radiotalker

Quote from: cdelaney on March 10, 2015, 07:26:02 am

Earle is a great basketball school, fantastic tradition and passionate fan base. Hopefully some day ECS will be around long enough to have won 7 state titles. I'll settle for #2 now!
And I know you know that all the kids who played for ECS last night were already at ECS when that game took place at Marianna in 2010. They have played together for 6-7 yrs. The recruiting goes on in the public schools now, not private.

That last sentence...you know for a fact or just babbling?

cdelaney

Quote from: METFAN44 on March 09, 2015, 08:47:52 pm
Smally you are correct.......the three times they played before were 25-30 point victories for ECS, but each time they played mayflower was not at full strength. First time no JP, second a d third time no HL. May not matter, but then again it may.
You always hear this time of year that it's hard to beat a team 3 times in the same season- don't know about 4 times. Mayflower is better than they have played vs ECS this year. They know the strengths and weaknesses of the Wildcats very well- basically the same group of guys on both teams will have played each other 12 times over the past 3 seasons, so no surprises in this one. And Mayflower saw  the physical nature of Charleston's gameplan, so I expect a similar approach this Thursday.
Wildcats should win, but it won't be as easy as some are saying.

smallybells

Quote from: cdelaney on March 10, 2015, 08:24:30 am
Quote from: METFAN44 on March 09, 2015, 08:47:52 pm
You always hear this time of year that it's hard to beat a team 3 times in the same season- don't know about 4 times. Mayflower is better than they have played vs ECS this year. They know the strengths and weaknesses of the Wildcats very well- basically the same group of guys on both teams will have played each other 12 times over the past 3 seasons, so no surprises in this one. And Mayflower saw  the physical nature of Charleston's gameplan, so I expect a similar approach this Thursday.
Wildcats should win, but it won't be as easy as some are saying.

Hey, anything is possible, but in my opinion JP wasn't enough to make a difference and the shooter they have is too slow to be a factor against ECS' speed. Like I said though, just my opinion and you know what they say about those. It doesn't really matter to me which one comes out on top, so good luck to both.

Pastureboy21

Quote from: Radiotalker on March 10, 2015, 08:19:45 am

Well how many recruiting scandals have there been this year for private schools? And how many has there been for public $chools?

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: IofthaTiger on March 10, 2015, 12:07:11 am
Watch it guys...ole Grover is a schooool board member. He probably drove into the parking lot last year, got out of his car and announced he was "a schoool board member". No one came running with a purple robe to attire him with or rolled out the red carpet to the hospitality room for free food. Hence he hates Charleston and they are just not friendly.

define wino please.

smallybells

Quote from: Oldman on March 10, 2015, 09:40:27 am
Quote from: IofthaTiger on March 10, 2015, 12:07:11 am

define wino please.

Wino- (noun) -A person with a severe alcohol/drinking problem. A wino has no regard for the quality of the swill he or she ingests, often becoming so incoherent that they begin to indulge in other vices they aren't normally known for such as smoking cigarettes or chewing cherry flavored tobacco by the tin. A "wino" doesn't care about their appearance and frequently can be found stumbling around shirtless and barefoot trying to start fights with passersby for no apparent reason. Any attempt to inhibit the wino's consumption only results in further consumption.

ZoneBuster

Where are the stud ECS guys going to play college ball?

smallybells

Quote from: ZoneBuster on March 10, 2015, 10:18:31 am
Where are the stud ECS guys going to play college ball?

Pretty sure I read somewhere that the twins are going to play football for OBU, I have no idea on the others.

jr17

cdelaney

Quote from: Radiotalker on March 10, 2015, 08:19:45 am

Well, a little of both I guess. More like circumstantial evidence I would say. Kids that leave their school and end up in a nearby school, maybe their coach moved there and they followed. In LR/NLR school district you can pretty much go from one HS to another without sitting out, due to magnet schools, school choice, or maybe getting a new rent house in another district. After seeing some of the chatter directed at some of our star athletes over the last year or two, and talking to their families, they definitely have been "recruited" by boosters and players, not directly by a coach or administration that I am aware of.
And the only pts declared ineligible and teams forfeiting over the past few years have been from public schools.
So, no I don't have specific evidence/facts, just the usual chatter/rumors/observations. In other words, much more than the folks who keeping making accusations about ECS recruiting their guys.

WildcatGrandpa13

Quote from: Grover42 on March 09, 2015, 11:37:21 pm
Quote from: WildcatGrandpa13 on March 09, 2015, 11:27:27 pm
You know, I feel private schools have an advantage over private schools too...with that out of the way, I will give my thoughts on Thursday afternoon. The first time ECS played Mayflower this year (without JP Perry), the Wildcats won by 40 @ Mayflower. When JP came back, many thought the game would be closer @ ECS, but another blowout occurred. Tonight was the real state  championship...Mayflower has a good team but cannot keep up with either Charleston or ECS. I would say start taking ring sizes but we already have those from last year...However, I have been proven wrong in the past. Hopefully this will not be another one of those times. Go Cats

Grandpa wildcat you continue to make all pompous wildcat nation proud. Way to go!! Hope you're proud of yourself. I do hope legislators will force all the private schools to play in their own conference so that PUBLIC schools can keep their athletes.
Don't hate us cause you ain't us Grover

Grover42

No hate grandpa wildcat. Nothing but love for the game and the joy of seeing great kids achieve great things. At the end of the day it's their personal victories that will hopefully mold them into honorable  men and women. If I say things that pee anyone off its just by coincidence and not by choice. So toughen up buttercup. Ha!! We have a great weekend of basketball ahead of us!!

WildcatGrandpa13

Quote from: Grover42 on March 10, 2015, 08:21:51 pm
No hate grandpa wildcat. Nothing but love for the game and the joy of seeing great kids achieve great things. At the end of the day it's their personal victories that will hopefully mold them into honorable  men and women. If I say things that pee anyone off its just by coincidence and not by choice. So toughen up buttercup. Ha!! We have a great weekend of basketball ahead of us!!
Toughen up? Sounds like you are the one that needs to toughen up...private schools aren't going to play in their own league any time in the near future, so you should just get used to it "buttercup"

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas