• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Valley vs. Charleston

Started by WPWells, March 08, 2015, 12:28:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

WPWells

This is a rematch of last year's first round game. Info on Valley? Of course everyone knows who Charleston's star is

BigWolfC/O2017

Who is Charlestons so called "Star"?

jr17

WPWells

-Painted Fan-

I'm sure glad that one player for Valley Springs graduated last year. He was impressive! Scored like 2/3 of VS points when these two Tigers teams met a year ago.

neds

Any predictions on this game?

pioneers

I think charleston wins 62-57

HeadTiger

Will Charleston have this game on the radio? If so, what station?

WPWells

KDYN 92.7

They have a live stream as well

bootlegger

after watching both teams play in the tournament i will say valley by 5

Bergman1820

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on March 08, 2015, 08:09:53 pm
KDYN 92.7

Great post!! Thank you so much for the info.

iliveformarch

pioneers

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on March 08, 2015, 08:09:53 pm
KDYN 92.7

Do you have a link for live stream?

Bergman1820

HeadTiger

Sounds like the refs are controlling the game for both sides.... STOP. Going to be double bonus in the first quarter

neds

Head Lion

HeadTiger

44-37 end of 3. charleston up

HeadTiger

47-47 hogue vs ward right now

HeadTiger

WPWells

Ward hit one from 30 feet to send it to overtime

neds

Ponca

You foul before they shoot 3 with seconds left. It amazes me no one realizes this

HeadTiger

Terrible call to end the game. Ward didn't get touched

ZoneBuster

Agreed. But as someone said earlier, foul before the 3 and it may not matter

WPWells

I can think of several calls that the radio announcer said were awful, so it all evens out. Congratulations to Valley on a great game, and I'm proud of my Tigers! Matthew Ward proved tonight just how clutch he is with that bucket to tie the game and then also the game winner

neds

BigWolfC/O2017

So I'm guessing Matthew Ward is the "Star"!

HeadTiger

Agreed the announcer was awful. Dogging the gym, facilities, Valley fans, and the refs. Ward proved he was one of the best though! Congrats to Charleston

Ponca

I wanted to know more about what was going on with the fan behind the announcer. That sounded interesting

WPWells

There you go. I said it after Jessieville and I think it's valid again: big time players make big time plays in big time games

fbisgreat

It sounded like a great game to watch.But i agree the guy doing the game on the radio needs to call the game and quit whining about every call and how bad the gym is.

HeadTiger

March 08, 2015, 10:27:29 pm #34 Last Edit: March 08, 2015, 10:37:08 pm by HeadTiger

HeadTiger

WPWells

That picture doesn't show the Valley player hitting Ward on the follow through like an actual video of the play does

HeadTiger

I didn't see him getting hit in the video either or I would not have posted the picture.

WPWells

I thought I did but there's a chance I was looking at it through Charleston eyes

HeadTiger

It wasn't deserving for the whistle to be called. Not sure how a ref can call that to determine whether a team wins or loses

Ctucker

I couldn't tell anything from that picture looks kinda like guy under might have fouled, but it don't matter game over!

urban legend2

Congrats to Charleston on the win. One heck of a game. Saw every bit of it from up close. I know 12th man takes a lot of grief over his praise of Ward, but the kid deserves every accolade he gets. He's probably shooting less than 35 percent from the floor over these first two games. He didn't shoot well tonight, but he's not afraid to take big shots. He doesn't get rattled, he doesn't panic. He took a few late that had me wondering "what the h*** is he thinking by shooting that". Ross even got in his face a few times, and that's fairly rare with Ward. But the dude makes plays when his team needs him. The three-pointer he hit to send it into OT (where Valley fought all the way back, hats off to them as well), it wasn't a 30-footer but more like a step and a half behind the line. Big shot. He didn't get fouled on that three-point play there at the end, but it shouldn't have gotten to that point anyway because the Valley guys never blocked him out. He literally took the ball from a Valley player and went back up. That's the mark of a player that will do anything to put his team over the top. Not sure if they'll beat Episcopal because they're a completely different animal, but tonight, Ward simply wouldn't let Charleston lose and he should be commended for that.

HeadTiger

Should've blocked out ,yes. but terrible way to determine a game by making that call

urban legend2

JeanClaudeVanHam

Could watch Valley and Charleston play over and over again. Great matchup. Congrats to Charleston. Wish they hadn't blown that whistle, though.

HawgBall06

This was an incredible game.  Matthew Ward has not had a great tourney, but he really came up big when it counted and carried Charleston to the victory.  The 3 pointer to tie the game at the end of regulation was a great shot as he was well covered and 5-6 behind the line.  As far as fouling, I think the shot was taken with 7-8 seconds left so it seemed a little too early to foul IMO.  Valley had plenty of time to take the ball out, inbounds it, take it up the court and got a pretty good shot of their own, just didn't hit it.  In overtime Valley had 3 players in position to rebound the missed shot, but Ward just wanted it more.  He took it from them and hit the shot with 4.4 to I believe.  The foul call was very questionable, but you just can't leave the game in question to the officials because it is a tough job for them, however the official was in a great position to see the play and it called it, so that is that. 

As far as the fan sitting behind the radio guy.  That turned into a little bit of an embarrassment for some of the Charleston fans.  The Valley girls had played in the first game of the day and that man & his wife were there early for that game.  Valley was the home team in that game so they had picked their seats because it was the home side of the gym.  They cheered for their girls with no problems even though their were several Perryville fans within 10-15 feet of them.  They stayed all day and watched the other 4 midday games and were still in the same spot for the last game, Valley/Charleston boys game.  Early in the game some of the Charleston fans told them they ought to move, but they stayed their anyway.  They kept cheering for their team and everything was fine until Valley started coming from behind and finally took the lead, then some of the Charleston fans including the radio announcer became angry that their was a Valley fan among them, so then a couple of them took it upon their selves to go over to the man & his wife (both looked to be over 60, maybe even 70) and start cussing them & trying to pick a fight with them.  1 of the people was even a Charleston school official.  Finally the police had to be called to move those fans away, actually they took off when they saw the sheriff's deputies head their way.  Several of the neutral fans around the area pointed out the Charleston fans for the police and they just stayed in the area and made sure that the Charleston problem some fans did not return.  I want to say very clearly that we are only talking about 2 or 3 people.  By far the majority of the Charleston fans were just cheering for their team & hoping for a win.  It is terrible when 1 or 2 folks cloud the view of an entire fanbase. 

I think Charleston can matchup with ECS's size about as well as anyone in 3A and if Matthew Ward can breakout of his shooting funk later today, then I expect a great game. 

ZoneBuster

Foul or no foul, good officiating or not it was a great game and effort by both teams. And IMHO it doesn't really matter which team came out because both will get beat by 15+ by episcopal. I would like to see a close game, just don't think it happens. But I'll admit I'm only going off of scores and second hand info.

-Painted Fan-

I'm curious as to the foul count total.
Anyone know?
There was over 20 at halftime.
It amazes me that they would call little ticky-tack stuff, but swallow their whistle on things that Stevie Wonder saw.

JeanClaudeVanHam

Was definitely over 40. Maybe even got to 50.

Radiotalker

Quote from: HeadTiger on March 08, 2015, 10:49:57 pm
http://s300.photobucket.com/user/headtiger1/media/IMG_0912_zpsvpbjiiel.png.html

Had to post this to get some comments. Foul or no foul?

Let me guess, the official that made the call (right or wrong) was standing at half court.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas