• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Saturday 3A State "Chatter" thread

Started by cdelaney, March 07, 2015, 03:47:20 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

cdelaney

Someone tell us how the games are going. Start with how Cossatot goes scoreless on their home court for the whole 1st qtr?

JeanClaudeVanHam

Credit Flippin. That defense is nasty.

Baller_34

That's why they've played with and beat upper class competition this year. They will b hard to beat.

cdelaney

Quote from: Baller_34 on March 07, 2015, 04:33:41 pm
That's why they've played with and beat upper class competition this year. They will b hard to beat.
Man or zone D? And what upper class teams have they beaten?

JeanClaudeVanHam

They play the stingiest 1-3-1 you could imagine. With Polite at the top of it it's almost impossible to penetrate.

Ponca

Quote from: cdelaney on March 07, 2015, 04:50:16 pm
Quote from: Baller_34 on March 07, 2015, 04:33:41 pm
Man or zone D? And what upper class teams have they beaten?

Flippin beat Paragould & Green County Tech. Lost to Fayetteville. All on neutral court at Mountain Home Holiday tournament

neds

Flippin may be the team to beat with that strong D

JeanClaudeVanHam

Quote from: neds on March 07, 2015, 05:01:19 pm
Flippin may be the team to beat with that strong D

Really looking forward to their matchup with ECS.

teachers pet

If Flippin trys the same slowdown defense Jessieville used against ECS in their conference finals, Flippin could make it close.

bobcats

Quote from: razorbackmike on March 07, 2015, 05:13:30 pm
If Flippin trys the same slowdown defense Jessieville used against ECS in their conference finals, Flippin could make it close.

They won't use Jessieville's D, they will use the same they have played all year.  That is how they play every game.  Plus they have much better talent than Jville.

cdelaney

Quote from: bobcats on March 07, 2015, 05:26:20 pm

They won't use Jessieville's D, they will use the same they have played all year.  That is how they play every game.  Plus they have much better talent than Jville.
I think he meant slowdown offense, not defense

neds

Sounds like Flippin has ECS figured out. Could be a long night for Episcopal

teachers pet

I doubt that Flippin has much better talent than Jessieville.  They came in second in the toughest 3a conference in the state.

JeanClaudeVanHam

Flippin isnt super talented, sans Polite who is easily a top 5 player in 3A.  But all their players are solid and don't make mistakes for the most part.

bobcats

Quote from: razorbackmike on March 07, 2015, 05:38:46 pm
I doubt that Flippin has much better talent than Jessieville.  They came in second in the toughest 3a conference in the state.

I am very, very familiar with both teams.  I would take Flippin 9 out of 10 games.  If you take ECS out of the 5 they are a below average conference.

WPWells

Easily a top 5 player in the 3A? That's pretty bold

Ponca

March 07, 2015, 05:46:16 pm #16 Last Edit: March 07, 2015, 05:47:48 pm by Ponca
Quote from: JeanClaudeVanHam on March 07, 2015, 05:43:52 pm
Flippin isnt super talented, sans Polite who is easily a top 5 player in 3A.  But all their players are solid and don't make mistakes for the most part.

This is correct. He is straw that stirs the drink. Much the reason they lost district final & had a fair showing at region when he was limited by injury

JeanClaudeVanHam

Polite has also been hurt. If he is healthy now... Watch out.

bobcats

Smyser is the best post player I have seen in 3A this year.

JeanClaudeVanHam

Quote from: bobcats on March 07, 2015, 05:48:29 pm

Spoken like a true fan.

bobcats

Quote from: neds on March 07, 2015, 05:34:39 pm
Sounds like Flippin has ECS figured out. Could be a long night for Episcopal

I don't expect them to beat ECS.  If they stay out of foul trouble they could make it close.  Flippin has almost no bench. 

JeanClaudeVanHam

Don't get me wrong, Smyser is good. But he's more a product of a good system than being a great individual player.

bobcats

Quote from: JeanClaudeVanHam on March 07, 2015, 05:50:18 pm

Spoken like a true fan.

I am no fan of Flippin, but we play them at least twice a year and I respect their team very much.  What they do is very boring but also very effective for them.

teachers pet

I disagree,  all 4 teams out of district 5 swept district 2. Your opinion is just what it is, an opinion just like mine. Neither one of us are experts.

JeanClaudeVanHam

Quote from: bobcats on March 07, 2015, 05:55:13 pm
Quote from: JeanClaudeVanHam on March 07, 2015, 05:50:18 pm

Spoken like a true fan.

I am no fan of Flippin, but we play them at least twice a year and I respect their team very much.  What they do is very boring but also very effective for them.

Ah, just saw Bobcats and assumed. I like Flippin, too. Great consistency. What I always wanted out of McElroy's Valley teams.

JeanClaudeVanHam

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on March 07, 2015, 05:45:31 pm
Easily a top 5 player in the 3A? That's pretty bold

Pretty familiar with all the big names. Kid is a stud. I stand by it.

bobcats

Quote from: JeanClaudeVanHam on March 07, 2015, 05:53:00 pm
Don't get me wrong, Smyser is good. But he's more a product of a good system than being a great individual player.

Let's see, 6'6" and can run the floor.  He would make anybody better in any system.  Flippin will still have Politte next year but will sorely miss Smyser and Rogers.

JeanClaudeVanHam

March 07, 2015, 06:03:00 pm #27 Last Edit: March 07, 2015, 06:05:26 pm by JeanClaudeVanHam
Quote from: bobcats on March 07, 2015, 06:00:01 pm
Quote from: JeanClaudeVanHam on March 07, 2015, 05:53:00 pm

Let's see, 6'6" and can run the floor.  He would make anybody better in any system.  Flippin will still have Politte next year but will sorely miss Smyser and Rogers.

Tall does not equal good.

Who cares if he can run the floor when 90% of Flippin's possessions take 35-45 seconds? I said he was good, just not the best post in 3A. Would take either of the ECS guys first.

jr17

teachers pet

JeanClaudeVanHam

~WPS~

I saw a Bergman school bus at the 1A tournament in Nashville tonight. Thought that was strange. They staying in Nashville and just watching games here in their spare time?

jr17

Eagle20

Quote from: bobcats on March 07, 2015, 05:26:20 pm

Flippin will be hard pressed to stay within 15 of Episcopal.  If you think Flippins talent is much better than Jessieville's you don't live in reality. I am a fan of Coach Hargrove though and wish him lgood luck! I just don't think there is a much of a chance of a Bobcat win!  Not a fan of any of these 3 and have seen them all play.

neds

neds

I have no basis for this comment , but I am surprised Two Rivers lost.

KOJACK

Quote from: neds on March 08, 2015, 04:30:18 pm
Me neither, and I'm not.

ISU7

Quote from: KOJACK on March 08, 2015, 05:06:51 pm
Me neither, and I'm not.
Curly Wolves in the final 4 Great job not bad for a football school Kojack my friend 🏀🏀🏈🏈🏀🏀 lol

Head Lion

Quote from: ISU7 on March 08, 2015, 05:53:14 pm
Quote from: KOJACK on March 08, 2015, 05:06:51 pm
Me neither, and I'm not.
Curly Wolves in the final 4 Great job not bad for a football school Kojack my friend 🏀🏀🏈🏈🏀🏀 lol
They were one of the most disciplined teams we played all year. Everyone played their role & seemed to be better than their record indicated.

teachers pet

As expected,  Episcopal 34 Flippin 21 at half.

neds

Not sure what happened. Did you make it to the game?

teachers pet

Flippin kept it close, Episcopal won by 28.

hornethigh-mhs

teachers pet

hornethigh-mhs

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas