• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

OFFICIALLY STARTING THE 3A TOP 10 POLL

Started by WPWells, January 19, 2015, 08:43:36 am

Previous topic - Next topic

WPWells

Obviously things are subject to change depending on how the remaining two regions play out!

ISU7

March 01, 2015, 07:16:58 am #101 Last Edit: March 01, 2015, 07:20:44 am by ISU7
Quote from: Head Lion on February 28, 2015, 09:47:25 pm
Quote from: Head Lion on February 28, 2015, 04:48:11 pm
Quote from: Baller_34 on January 20, 2015, 06:58:35 am
There is now way Manila is top 10 in state. I've seen them play 4 or 5 tines this year and they are average at best.
We are very average, but we are playing in the regional finals tonight.
2 regional champpionships in 3 years, not to shabby considering we are down for a year or 2. I cant wait to see what Coach can do with the talent coming from Jr hi on down.
Now it's time for a state champioship 8) Congrats on the Regional Championship. 8)

Head Lion

Guys, I appreciate the love in the polls, but to honestly say we are in top 6 is a stretch. We are playing at a very hi level right now and with unbelievable confidence. We did just beat a string of really good teams who are well coached. After ECS, maybe McGehee, Charleston & Paris, you could throw the other 12 in hat and get a couple different final four teams each time. It should be a very interesting state tournament early to see who gets there to play Goliath. As I get a little older, I am trying to become a little more humble in victory and a lot more congratulatory in defeat, Safe travels to all teams and fans and good health for all players. Kids remember these moments some of the best in life.

cdelaney

Quote from: Head Lion on March 01, 2015, 08:38:59 am
Guys, I appreciate the love in the polls, but to honestly say we are in top 6 is a stretch. We are playing at a very hi level right now and with unbelievable confidence. We did just beat a string of really good teams who are well coached. After ECS, maybe McGehee, Charleston & Paris, you could throw the other 12 in hat and get a couple different final four teams each time. It should be a very interesting state tournament early to see who gets there to play Goliath. As I get a little older, I am trying to become a little more humble in victory and a lot more congratulatory in defeat, Safe travels to all teams and fans and good health for all players. Kids remember these moments some of the best in life.
Don't know how old you actually are, and my definition of old has changed a lot over the years, but great advice, for the kids to enjoy every minute, and for the adults to not spoil it with bad sportsmanship. Good luck to Manila.

BigMan15

Quote from: Head Lion on March 01, 2015, 08:38:59 am
The reason i put them at 2 they had a close game with ecs also the fact of they are playing good ball right now. That confernce is brutal.

Head Lion

Bigman, I am actually a Manila Lions follower. Good luck to your team.

BigMan15

Quote from: Head Lion on March 01, 2015, 09:38:52 am
Bigman, I am actually a Manila Lions follower. Good luck to your team.
Thanks we got a big game today!!!!

Radiotalker

Quote from: BigMan15 on February 28, 2015, 11:35:13 pm
Quote from: 12th Man CHS on February 28, 2015, 08:22:51 pm
How about we rank all 16 state tournament teams?

Here's my current thought:
1. ECS
2. Paris
3. Jessieville
4. Charleston
5. McGehee
6. Manila
7. Mayflower
8. Lamar
9. Valley Springs
10. Flippin
11. Cossatot River
12. Two Rivers
13. Prescott
14. Benton Harmony Grove
15. Fordyce
16. Rivercrest

1.ECS
2. Jesseville
3. Paris
4. Manilla
5. Charleston
6. Mayflower
7. Mcgehee
8. Valley
9. Lamar
10. BHG
11. Flippin
12. Two Rivers
13. Prescott
14. Rivercrest
15. Cossatot
16. Fordyce

So tough a lot of teams playing great ball right now!!!

No disrespect to Manila (by the way it's with one L) , but Bigman you think they will in the final four?

BigMan15

Not for sure this is just my rankings not the best chance to win state. To me its all about match ups so we can do best chance to win rankings after the seeding is set.

JeanClaudeVanHam

Manila has one of the best homecourt advantages in the state. Personally I doubt they go very far in state. Would expect Valley, Flippin, and Rivercrest to be the teams to be wary of late round runs, but hey, anything is possible. But their homecourt is worth 10 points at least.

Head Lion

JCVD, there is no doubt us hosting was a great advantage. I am glad we made the most of it. We have a passionate fan base & have great home crowds, who are into the game. Plus we depend on outside shooting a lot with this group & was nice to shoot on our friendly rims. Hopefully we can keep the mojo going.

jbg1967

Quote from: JeanClaudeVanHam on March 01, 2015, 11:32:33 am
Manila has one of the best homecourt advantages in the state. Personally I doubt they go very far in state. Would expect Valley, Flippin, and Rivercrest to be the teams to be wary of late round runs, but hey, anything is possible. But their homecourt is worth 10 points at least.

10 points? Wow, I don't think you are giving the Lions much credit!!!

jr17

I gotta have mayflower above manilla. After just beating a season long top 5 team in CR.

ZoneBuster

Quote from: jbg1967 on March 01, 2015, 03:45:34 pm
Quote from: JeanClaudeVanHam on March 01, 2015, 11:32:33 am

10 points? Wow, I don't think you are giving the Lions much credit!!!

10 points is what most people view as a good home court advantage. Not sure why the fuss.

doubled

I just watched ECS play and no one not a team in this is beating them. Good luck you never know.

@CurryLegion

Quote from: jr17 on March 01, 2015, 04:13:49 pm
I gotta have mayflower above manilla. After just beating a season long top 5 team in CR.
Manila is better than Mayflower. ECS is number 1 but can be beaten. I think a lot of teams are evenly matched, and I have seen EVERYONE.

neds

I agree bocatfanforlife , you never know. Foul trouble, a cold shooting night or a hot hand from the opponent and that's all it takes. ECS can and has been beaten.

Head Lion

WPWells

Here's how I'd rank after today:

1. ECS (obviously the team to beat)
2. Charleston (beat Paris)
3. Lamar (hot right now)
4. McGehee (solid all year)
5. Manila (seem to be peaking at the right time)
6. Paris (can't drop them too far because they'll be right there at the end)
7. Benton Harmony Grove (picked up a couple nice wins)
8. Jessieville (disappointing loss to BHG today. Will be lower if rumors of starters being out is true)
9. Valley Springs (almost won their region. Will probably win at least one game at state)
10. Flippin (also right there)
11. Cossatot River (could have one of the best first round games against Flippin)
12. Mayflower (great win over Cedar Ridge followed by an ugly loss to ECS)
13. Two Rivers (need to beat Paris tomorrow - otherwise they get ECS in the first round)
14. Fordyce (just because they beat Prescott today)
15. Prescott (their stay will be short)
16. Rivercrest (same as Prescott)

Head Lion

12th man, you gonna make it for any games?

Eagle20

Quote from: bocatfanforlife on March 01, 2015, 08:54:41 pm
Quote from: jr17 on March 01, 2015, 04:13:49 pm
Manila is better than Mayflower. ECS is number 1 but can be beaten. I think a lot of teams are evenly matched, and I have seen EVERYONE.
You are crazy if you think Manilla is better than Mayflower!

neds

Quote from: Head Lion on March 01, 2015, 09:30:51 pm
Neds, you gonna make it this week?

I will not during the week , may be able to get over this weekend. Travel week for me. Good luck to Manila.

Head Lion

BigMan15

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on March 01, 2015, 09:33:23 pm

3. Lamar (hot right now)
8. Jessieville (disappointing loss to BHG today. Will be lower if rumors of starters being out is true)
9. Valley Springs (almost won their region. Will probably win at least one game at state)
11. Cossatot River (could have one of the best first round games against Flippin)
13. Two Rivers (need to beat Paris tomorrow - otherwise they get ECS in the first round)

Looks pretty good to me..although i think 2-12 anybody could beat anybody

neds

3. Lamar (hot right now)

It would be great if Charleston and ECS could play again this year

jr17

I see flaw. Such flaw 12th, mayflower has won both the head to heads against BHG. Everyone would have an ugly loss to ECS.

Head Lion

Quote from: neds on March 01, 2015, 09:44:22 pm
Quote from: Head Lion on March 01, 2015, 09:30:51 pm
Neds, you gonna make it this week?

I will not during the week , may be able to get over this weekend. Travel week for me. Good luck to Manila.
Thx, got to get your priorities right.

teachers pet

Jessieville kept one starter out of regional play and one starter played very little. Both have foot or ankle injuries.

WPWells

HL, if Charleston makes it to Saturday I'll come down. Cossatot is too far to make it during the week since I have class

BigMan15

Quote from: neds on March 01, 2015, 09:47:05 pm

3. Lamar (hot right now)

It would be great if Charleston and ECS could play again this year

Looking ahead if ctown loses tommorrow u could.....could.. see paris vs charleston in the semis and ecs in the finals...but if ctown wins they would see ecs in the semis..personally though i think either BHG or mayflower or maybe both could win first round which most likely will be paris or ctown...what do u guys think?

WPWells

If Jessieville's starters are out, then they'll probably lose to Mayflower tomorrow and be the 4 seed

Head Lion

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on March 01, 2015, 09:54:04 pm
HL, if Charleston makes it to Saturday I'll come down. Cossatot is too far to make it during the week since I have class
Study hard, unlike me. Hope we can stay under the radar & hang around, while we are rebuilding.

jr17

I would love to see a rematch of the Charleston Mayflower game in the first round.

WPWells

BigMan15

I agree!!! The region 1 and region 2 matchups will be great.. cant wait to see how our conference does..

WPWells

I see Charleston over Lamar and Mayflower over Jessieville today which would pit Charleston and Jessieville in the first round

BigMan15

I agree but wouldnt be surprised either way

jvance

Here is one for the girls since no one else is doing one:

1- Greenland
2- Valley Springs
3- Harding Academy
4- Fordyce
5- Paris
6- Perryville
7- Bergman
8- Genoa Central
9- Jessieville
10- Lamar
11- Mt. View
12- McGehee
13- West Fork
14- Rivercrest
15- Drew Central
16- Cedar Ridge

Greenland vs. Valley Springs final
Greenland Champ

WPWells

Radiotalker

Quote from: BigMan15 on March 01, 2015, 09:46:19 pm

3. Lamar (hot right now)

[/q
Quote from: BigMan15 on March 01, 2015, 09:46:19 pm

3. Lamar (hot right now)

You guys are awesome.......

WPWells

Where's Osceola again? Obviously Crest pulled an upset. Congrats to them

Radiotalker

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on March 03, 2015, 04:51:32 pm
Where's Osceola again? Obviously Crest pulled an upset. Congrats to them

Osceola again? Is that all you got....grow up!

neds

WPWells

Not my fault. Didn't see you throwing your rankings out there, but you're sure quick to bash ours. If you knew so much more than us why didn't you say so?

I know where Osceola is by the way

yellowjackethooper

The little puney region 3 that non of y'all though was any good is off to a good start. Probably a shame that Osceola and Marshall are at home.

WPWells

Wouldn't as much say Region 3 is strong as Region 4 is super weak

Radiotalker

Quote from: neds on March 03, 2015, 04:54:03 pm
Where do you put Rivercrest Radio?

Top 8.....I think have a good chance to win the next one too. These guys get on a roll they could be dangerous - that's what it's all about.

WPWells

neds

Radiotalker

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on March 03, 2015, 04:54:10 pm
Not my fault. Didn't see you throwing your rankings out there, but you're sure quick to bash ours. If you knew so much more than us why didn't you say so?

I know where Osceola is by the way

who bashed it?  So let me get this right king of Fearless Friday....since my team is out I can't comment or give opinion. Is that how it works?

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas