• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mills vs. Maumelle

Started by millsalum14, March 02, 2017, 07:42:04 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

millsalum14

The winner of this game will probably meet Parkview again, but this time in the state championship. Mills hasn't faced Maumelle this year. Mills did see Maumelle in last year's final four, and lost 63-59.

mijally

I'm glad it lined up this way. I think both teams and fans can appreciate the good ball both teams play.  I was at the game last year and I expect this years game to be just as good. 

Ponca

well heck. Now that Harrison lost I'm driving back home to West Helena in the morning. Gonna hit dive bars tonight again.  SAU kid gave me a good tip yet I took off till Sunday and Magnolia is not the best place to hang out. Not impressed.

I hate to miss this game. Winner of this game meets Parkview in the Final. I still enjoy reading the Nettleton banter thinking they have a shot though. 3-team tournament now.

cannon

Quote from: Ponca on March 02, 2017, 11:16:58 pm
well heck. Now that Harrison lost I'm driving back home to West Helena in the morning. Gonna hit dive bars tonight again.  SAU kid gave me a good tip yet I took off till Sunday and Magnolia is not the best place to hang out. Not impressed.

I hate to miss this game. Winner of this game meets Parkview in the Final. I still enjoy reading the Nettleton banter thinking they have a shot though. 3-team tournament now.

I watched Mills, PHS, and Maumelle play for the first time this weekend. I've been watching NHS play all season. And I'd have to agree -- Nettleton has no chance.

The Harrison/PHS game was a great one, and the final is a very poor indicator of how close the game was. Nonetheless, even when PHS was behind in the 3rd, they still seemed to be on cruise control and very much had control of the game. With that said, I'm not saying Mills or Maumelle couldn't beat them, but it'd be hard to convince me that they will. Parkview is not only big and extraordinarily athletic, they're also very poised. They were fun to watch.

mijally

You don't have to say that Maumelle can beat Parkview.  They already did last month. It's about playing Mills now.

cannon

Quote from: mijally on March 03, 2017, 04:50:37 pm
You don't have to say that Maumelle can beat Parkview.  They already did last month. It's about playing Mills now.

Oh no, you misinterpreted my intent. I'm well aware that Maumelle beat them (read: past tense).  My statement was with regard to the present and future, as it pertains to this particular tournament and how they're playing right now.  Again, I've only seen each of those three teams play once.  Based on that observation, I don't think either Mills or Maumelle will beat them in this tournament, but for all I know, PHS played the best game of its season last night and Mills & Maumelle were flatter than they were all season. I based that entire assessment upon what I saw at this tournament, and that's the only frame of reference I have.

cannon

And let me add, both Mills and Maumelle looked phenomenal in the games I watched. Major talent on both teams.

Ballislife1

Is there a radio station or live stream for the game?

millsalum14

Maumelle had an awesome season, but Mills lives to see another day.

Mills 75
Maumelle 59

Chief_Osceola™

Good luck to Mills the rest of the way. Y'all have a really good team. Too bad we had to meet so early - thanks AAA.

ZoneBuster

Quote from: Chief_Osceola™ on March 03, 2017, 11:51:08 pm
Good luck to Mills the rest of the way. Y'all have a really good team. Too bad we had to meet so early - thanks AAA.

Are there States that seed based on opinion rankings? I've never heard of that. It's a bummer but it happens. Great season.

mijally

Quote from: millsalum14 on March 03, 2017, 11:03:54 pm
Maumelle had an awesome season, but Mills lives to see another day.

Mills 75
Maumelle 59
Mills gets redemption for last year. Great season and I'll be pulling for you now that the West is out.

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: ZoneBuster on March 04, 2017, 05:51:09 am
Are there States that seed based on opinion rankings? I've never heard of that. It's a bummer but it happens. Great season.

It's not really an opinion when empirical data supports the assertion of who the best teams are. I think a better methodology would be to slot teams later in the season.

Either way it's a moot point. We're done and Mills moves on. Good luck to the Comets.

ZoneBuster

Quote from: Chief_Osceola™ on March 04, 2017, 08:59:57 am
It's not really an opinion when empirical data supports the assertion of who the best teams are. I think a better methodology would be to slot teams later in the season.

Either way it's a moot point. We're done and Mills moves on. Good luck to the Comets.
So throw out district tournament results basically?

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: ZoneBuster on March 04, 2017, 04:38:23 pm
So throw out district tournament results basically?

No, evaluate teams over the course of the season and slot conference pairings accordingly.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas