• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Seeding for the 5A West Conference Tournament - Starting Feb 20 at Greenbrier

Started by sevenof400, February 10, 2017, 10:20:19 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Go Postal

Girls
Harrison Lady Goblins 16
Maumelle Lady Hornets 16
End of 1st

Harrison Lady Goblins 26
Maumelle Lady Hornets 22
Half

Ponca

found good Chinese joint.

That girls game just ended. Closer than I expected. Parker from Harrison knocked down some crucial FT's to ice game. Game was over when Maumelle girl got her 5th foul.

Ok. looking forward to this Harrison / Vilonia game. First time I've seen Harrison live since all those OT's last year at state in the PA Korita game where that PA kid hit 3 at the buzzer. Harrison boys look big in warmups. Like Maumelle this looks like a college team.

I've seen Vilonia live once this year. Very scrappy team.

Thought this would not be a pushover for Harrison coming in, but after watching warmups I change my mind. I don't see how Vilonia can hang with Harrison.

Go Postal

5A West 1st round
Harrison Lady Goblins 33
Maumelle Lady Hornets 32

End of 3rd

5A West 1st round
Harrison Lady Goblins 49
Maumelle Lady Hornets 41

Final

Go Postal

5A West 1st round
Harrison Golden Goblins 12
Vilonia Eagles 11
End of 1st.

Harrison Golden Goblins 42
Vilonia Eagles 27
Half

ZoneBuster

Quote from: Ponca on February 20, 2017, 08:13:19 pm
found good Chinese joint.

That girls game just ended. Closer than I expected. Parker from Harrison knocked down some crucial FT's to ice game. Game was over when Maumelle girl got her 5th foul.

Ok. looking forward to this Harrison / Vilonia game. First time I've seen Harrison live since all those OT's last year at state in the PA Korita game where that PA kid hit 3 at the buzzer. Harrison boys look big in warmups. Like Maumelle this looks like a college team.

I've seen Vilonia live once this year. Very scrappy team.

Thought this would not be a pushover for Harrison coming in, but after watching warmups I change my mind. I don't see how Vilonia can hang with Harrison.

If Harrison looks like a college team then Springfield Kickapoo looks like an NBA team. They made the Gobs look like a jr high team.

Ponca

HOLY CRAP!

Been watching Goblins online all year. Seeing them live for the first time? WOW!

That was an absolute clinic of a 1st half.

Harrison may be one of the best if not the best transistion teams I've seen. They move the ball so fast. Pass so well. It's like watching a team on PS3 with the difficulty settings set on beginner.

Viloina has some talent. It showed in 1st Qtr. But BAM! Gobs kicked it in gear I haven't seen.

Maumelle / Harrison looks like a dream matchup if it happens. Goblins offensive speed vs Maumelle speed it up D.

smoke break

Ponca.

Ponca

Quote from: ZoneBuster on February 20, 2017, 08:52:04 pm
If Harrison looks like a college team then Springfield Kickapoo looks like an NBA team. They made the Gobs look like a jr high team.

I watched that Kickapoo game online. That one kid that signed with Xavier got insanely hot in 1st Qtr and the game was over then. It was even the rest of the game.

In that same tournament though. Goblins made North Little Rock look very average. North Little Rock was never in the game. And North Little Rock looks like the shoo-in to win 7A state in Arkansas.

Ponca

I can't emphasize this enough. The Goblins boys are putting on a clinic. Total beatdown.

Ponca

Gobs finished game with running clock.

Headed back home down South. Can't make it for next round. Should be back for Finals.

Ponca

Go Postal

Harrison Golden Goblins 61
Vilonia Eagles 37
End of 3rd

Harrison Golden Goblins 74
Vilonia Eagles 41
Final

Quote from: Ponca on February 20, 2017, 09:12:04 pm
I can't emphasize this enough. The Goblins boys are putting on a clinic. Total beatdown.

MDXPHD

Quote from: Ponca on February 20, 2017, 09:12:04 pm

Should we hand them the state trophy yet?

Ponca

Quote from: MDXPHD on February 20, 2017, 09:30:01 pm
Should we hand them the state trophy yet?

Come on man. Doesn't Parkview have at least 2 D1 players? And Mills has 1 D1 player?

I think Harrison has faced 1 D1 player all year and that didn't go well.

I see why Maumelle had success vs team like Parkview. They speed you up with their defense. That would cause a problem with a team with D1 players because it breaks down the other players.

Which is why I think it would be dream matchup with Harrison because Harrison speeds things up on offense. Maumelle speeds you up on defense. Which style wins?

But good golly. That was a passing clinic in transition offense by Harrison tonight. It looked like a game played on PS4 or XBOX.

Go Postal

Quote from: Ponca on February 20, 2017, 10:12:44 pm
Come on man. Doesn't Parkview have at least 2 D1 players? And Mills has 1 D1 player?

I think Harrison has faced 1 D1 player all year and that didn't go well.

I see why Maumelle had success vs team like Parkview. They speed you up with their defense. That would cause a problem with a team with D1 players because it breaks down the other players.

Which is why I think it would be dream matchup with Harrison because Harrison speeds things up on offense. Maumelle speeds you up on defense. Which style wins?

But good golly. That was a passing clinic in transition offense by Harrison tonight. It looked like a game played on PS4 or XBOX.

wiseman3

Quote from: Almatrackster on February 20, 2017, 05:15:15 pm
Honest question, when's the last time Vilonia's girls haven't been to state? It might be as simple as "last year" but I just can't remember.

sevenof400

Quote from: Go Postal on February 20, 2017, 09:28:45 pm
Harrison Golden Goblins 61
Vilonia Eagles 37
End of 3rd

Harrison Golden Goblins 74
Vilonia Eagles 41
Final

IYG's pants are awfully tight.   Just sayin'.........

Go Postal

AT

So can't find anything on social media about the pair of Farmington-Greenbrier games? Anyone heard anything?

AT

Found one right after I posted that:

Girls

Farmington - 61
Greenbrier - 21

FINAL

AT

Ballislife1

AT

So Alma-Farmington in girls is one semi-final matchup and Maumelle-Greenbrier in boys is another semi-final matchup.

mijally

Quote from: Ballislife1 on February 21, 2017, 06:30:45 pm
Greenbrier wins 68-46.
Didn't see this coming but when you have home court advantage in a playoff setting...AAA you're so special and intelligent.

AT

Quote from: mijally on February 21, 2017, 07:13:12 pm
Didn't see this coming but when you have home court advantage in a playoff setting...AAA you're so special and intelligent.

This has been a thing before this. State tournaments are almost always held on courts where teams will have homecourt advantage. Just apart of it, honestly. Not enough neutral courts out there willing to host these things.

AT

Girls

Clarksville - 39
Morrilton - 32

FINAL

The 5A West-West girls sweep the 5A West-East girls.

AT

AT

Semi-Finals

Girls
W2 - Farmington vs. W4 - Alma
W1 - Harrison vs. W3 - Clarksville

Boys
E1 - Maumelle vs. E3 - Greenbrier
W1 - Harrison vs. E2 - Morrilton

mijally

Quote from: Almatrackster on February 21, 2017, 07:16:10 pm
This has been a thing before this. State tournaments are almost always held on courts where teams will have homecourt advantage. Just apart of it, honestly. Not enough neutral courts out there willing to host these things.
Yep. It's a shame. I've been on that soap box before. No one cares enough to do anything about it  so it remains the same.

BrierDad

Quote from: mijally on February 21, 2017, 07:13:12 pm

Sure the home court definitely helps but all the credit in the world to the Greenbrier coaches for a great defensive game plan and the players for executing that plan.  Doesn't hurt when Burcham goes off for 36 either!!!! 

Ponca

Quote from: sevenof400 on February 22, 2017, 10:52:43 am
Updated with Tuesday's results.

Harrison girls score is wrong. Looks like you got score after 3rd Qtr.

5A West 1st round
Harrison Lady Goblins 49
Maumelle Lady Hornets 41

Final

sevenof400

TNT_15

Quote from: Almatrackster on February 21, 2017, 07:16:10 pm
It would be fun to see basketball playoff go like the football playoff with home court to higher seeds and games on Friday nights. Would allow more kids from the schools to attend. But that's just my opinion.

Go Postal

Harrison and Clarksville girls are 1-1 in the season against each other.  This game should be interesting.

Golden Goblins and Devil Dogs.  Always exciting.

GO GOBS!!

mijally

AT

AT

The 4 seed continues their cinderella story. 0-6 against 5A teams in regular season. Now waiting for Harrison/Clarksville in the district finals.

Go Airedalettes! We are proud of you!

mijally

AT

Quote from: mijally on February 23, 2017, 05:35:45 pm
Thanks and congratulations.

Thanks mijally. Rooting for all the West boys at state this year. Hope we have a 4 team West semifinal (Yes I know it's unlikely)

AT

Still looking for a Greenbrier-Maumelle boys update. Greenbrier's twitter team isn't being prompt with their updates  :'(

woopork

Sorry haven't been checking. Maumelle 58 GB 47 with 7:27 left in 4th

AT

woopork

Greenbrier getting hosed at home. Missed two goaltending calls that were bad and GB isn't even shooting that great. Luckily Maumelle isn't boxing out giving GB multiple shots.
Now 58-52 Maumelle with 6:54 left.

woopork

woopork

woopork

Go Postal

mijally

Go Postal

Harrison Lady Goblins 18
Clarksville Lady Panthers 6

End of 1st

Clarksville having trouble with Lady Goblins full court pressure.

Go Postal

Harrison Lady Goblins 31
Clarksville Lady Panthers 18
Half

Incredible 3 pointer from the parking lot by Clarksville at the buzzer.

Go Postal

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas