• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hazen @ Carlisle

Started by Old Scrapper, September 15, 2018, 06:57:10 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Scrapper

Coach95

First game we will play 100% healthy, can't wait.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

There will most likely be a large contingent of EAGLE GREEN in attendance at this game.

Ventman

Its going to be a very rough night for those Bison. I hate to say that but I will say Hazen by at least 35 plus. Maybe more.

hornetfan8

Old Scrapper

Hazen by 16. If it's more great

BisonFan1

If Carlisle keeps it within three scores, I'll be surprised.  Granted, it is a rivalry game so a lot of crazy things can happen.  I just don't see it. 

FoxandHound34

Old Scrapper

Guess I'm giving Carlisle a little more credit than most. 

i40traveler

Hazen is looking good so far but I think Carlisle is a bad match up.  When you consider it's a rivalry game, I expect this one to be decided late in the 4th. 

purplehajj

Hahaha decided in 4th! If that happens the hogs beat Auburn Saturday

hornetfan8

Quote from: purplehajj on September 17, 2018, 03:02:27 pm
Let's not get too carried away...

i40traveler

6-2A
HAZEN (7) at Carlisle: Led by senior LB Cade Perry's 13 tackles (six TFL), No. 4 Hazen held Marked Tree to 41 total yards last week, including 28 rushing yards on 30 attempts. Senior Demariae Buchanan made 10 tackles and returned a fumble for a score. Junior Ay'lon Green led all ball-carriers with 103 yards and two TDs. Junior Rasheed Mills returned a punt 89 yards for a TD. Carlisle relies heavily on all-league RB JaSean Harper, and junior Ian Seidenschwarz (13 tackles last week) is a tenacious defender. Carlisle tied Class 3A Baptist Prep 12-12 last week in a game that should have gone into overtime but did not. Carlisle might have won in regulation if not for 110 yards in penalties. Carlisle has dominated the series vs. Hazen, winning 23 times since 1988.

cav2012

Quote from: purplehajj on September 17, 2018, 03:02:27 pm
if either game is even within 40 haha

who-knew

Quote from: i40traveler on September 17, 2018, 08:19:35 pm
6-2A
HAZEN (7) at Carlisle: Led by senior LB Cade Perry's 13 tackles (six TFL), No. 4 Hazen held Marked Tree to 41 total yards last week, including 28 rushing yards on 30 attempts. Senior Demariae Buchanan made 10 tackles and returned a fumble for a score. Junior Ay'lon Green led all ball-carriers with 103 yards and two TDs. Junior Rasheed Mills returned a punt 89 yards for a TD. Carlisle relies heavily on all-league RB JaSean Harper, and junior Ian Seidenschwarz (13 tackles last week) is a tenacious defender. Carlisle tied Class 3A Baptist Prep 12-12 last week in a game that should have gone into overtime but did not. Carlisle might have won in regulation if not for 110 yards in penalties. Carlisle has dominated the series vs. Hazen, winning 23 times since 1988.

At least Hooten's got the 7 right, but I don't think it will be by 7 points, more like 7 touchdowns ;D ;D ;D

Coach95

Let's not count those Bison out yet, they got a pretty good ball club. I promise you they will give Hazen all they got.

Hasbeen92

I can't wait to see another haven victory I was witness to so many losses against the mighty bison shout out to my friend Matt Perry on his son doing what we could not accomplish few things make me happier than a Carlisle lose

Hasbeen92

Spell check  Hazen :-) loss :-) always proof read :-)where do they get these letters to type in to old for internet

CaptainSwarm25

Hazen with a mercy rule win. Carlisle has been a dump since 2014. Bad coaching/players. Trashing their own tradition. I remember their shirts that said "tradition doesn't graduate". Those kids must've dropped out or moved. As Trump would say "SAD!!!"

Bildo

No doubt Carlisle has run into a "down" cycle, but IT WILL GET BETTER. It happens... just remember that when "your team" goes through a down cycle... it's inevitable.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Bildo on September 19, 2018, 07:02:57 pm
No doubt Carlisle has run into a "down" cycle, but IT WILL GET BETTER. It happens... just remember that when "your team" goes through a down cycle... it's inevitable.

That's the truth. We all go through them. But I think my biggest disbelief in Carlisles bad run is how long it has lasted. They need to turn the corner, it only make the 6 better.

CaptainSwarm25

Oh trust me I know about being in a down year. Part of 2A football. Just pulling the leg of the bison faithful since they're all in hiding due to their teams sucking it up the past 4 years.

Bildo

I get it... it's all in good fun.

Lumberjackfan1978

Hasbeen92

I hope Carlisle never comes out of down cycle they were on the up cycle to long Hazen needs to beat them about 16 times to get back even that way hootens  can't bring up how many times they've beaten us in last 30 years every time we're supposed to win the rivalry game

Old Scrapper

Quote from: Hasbeen92 on September 19, 2018, 10:07:09 pm
I hope Carlisle never comes out of down cycle they were on the up cycle to long Hazen needs to beat them about 16 times to get back even that way hootens  can't bring up how many times they've beaten us in last 30 years every time we're supposed to win the rivalry game
Yea but in the End it's Hazen fault for losing. Win and Hootens have nothing to tell.

Hasbeen92

Before u scrappers moved over Carlisle had a much larger enrollment so not all Hazen s fault if we would had the athletes from bluff when I played we would won a few more

Sonofasonofasailor

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on September 19, 2018, 07:38:05 pm
That's the truth. We all go through them. But I think my biggest disbelief in Carlisles bad run is how long it has lasted. They need to turn the corner, it only make the 6 better.

You are both the historian and current event coordinator for the conference so couple questions.  Other than the one under Uhiren, how many playoff games has Carlisle won since playing Strong at WMS several years ago?  Also, how is the jr. high team doing this year? 

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Sonofasonofasailor on September 20, 2018, 07:55:21 am
You are both the historian and current event coordinator for the conference so couple questions.  Other than the one under Uhiren, how many playoff games has Carlisle won since playing Strong at WMS several years ago?  Also, how is the jr. high team doing this year? 

2 in 2012, mount ida and E.P.C.
3 in 2013, marked tree, Conway Christian and rison
1 in 2016 quitman.

So the answer is 6.

I haven't seen their jr high, so I have no idea on that. I figure the jr game will be better than the sr game though.

CaptainSwarm25

Pick is more of the historian. I'm more of a shoot it straight retired grandpa that doesn't sugar coat it when a team sucks.😂 It'd be awesome to see Carlisle get back to their winning ways. As Pick stated earlier, it makes the 6, if not the best, one of the best conferences in the state in 2A. But right now they ain't got it and that'll be exploited Friday.

Sonofasonofasailor

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on September 20, 2018, 08:04:16 am
1 in 2016 quitman.

So the answer is 6.

I haven't seen their jr high, so I have no idea on that. I figure the jr game will be better than the sr game though.

Thanks.  So the swoon started in 2014 and 2016 notwithstanding, is in the fifth year.  Talent levels at smaller schools can be cyclical so that's why I asked about the jr. high team.  Hopefully it  will swing back their way in the coming years.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Sonofasonofasailor on September 20, 2018, 09:44:34 am
Thanks.  So the swoon started in 2014 and 2016 notwithstanding, is in the fifth year.  Talent levels at smaller schools can be cyclical so that's why I asked about the jr. high team.  Hopefully it  will swing back their way in the coming years.

no problem. to me its more about using the talent you have in a system that works with said talent. not every school can run the spread. and when i say i hope they get back to being a good team, i still dont want them to be able to beat the EAGLES.  ;D ;D

i40traveler

Anyone else hearing that one of these teams may not be at full strength Friday?

BisonFan1

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on September 20, 2018, 08:04:16 am
1 in 2016 quitman.

So the answer is 6.

Correct, the only good season Carlisle has had in the last several years was Uhiren's first season, where they went 7-5.  That has been the only bright spot since 2014 or so. 

Hasbeen92

Quote from: Sonofasonofasailor on September 20, 2018, 07:55:21 am
Any historian can look at AAA web site and review playoff brackets from any class or year no offense to pick

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Hasbeen92 on September 20, 2018, 11:21:20 am
Any historian can look at AAA web site and review playoff brackets from any class or year no offense to pick

but see, im smart enough to know, that at the bottom of this page, there is a link to each team, from there you can see all that stuff without going to the AAA website.

Hasbeen92

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on September 20, 2018, 11:43:44 am

but see, im smart enough to know, that at the bottom of this page, there is a link to each team, from there you can see all that stuff without going to the AAA website.
I appreciate your IQ you should share your intelligence with sailor not me no great feat feat but I was a honor graduate at hazen my step father was a head basketball coach and asstiant football at hazen in late 70 s and 80 s I'm also in probably the only family in prairie county to have 2 former razorback football players I intended not to offend u only suggest to sailor to look up his own question

CaptainSwarm25

Wrong on that one hasbeen. My Grandpa Buddy and his brother Chuck both played during the glory years of 63',64', and 65' teams and are still in prairie county. Tried on his ring from 64' just the other day. Does Carlisle have any talent this year or is it really just bad coaching? I agree pick, it's not as much as talent level as what you do with the talent given. Got to be able to make it work.

Hasbeen92

Quote from: CaptainSwarm25 on September 20, 2018, 12:09:06 pm
Wrong on that one hasbeen. My Grandpa Buddy and his brother Chuck both played during the glory years of 63',64', and 65' teams and are still in prairie county. Tried on his ring from 64' just the other day. Does Carlisle have any talent this year or is it really just bad coaching? I agree pick, it's not as much as talent level as what you do with the talent given. Got to be able to make it work.
They r both my uncle my cousin and ur father was also a pretty good player and I wasn't to bad either

Hasbeen92

Quote from: Hasbeen92 on September 20, 2018, 12:14:00 pm
They r both my uncle my cousin and ur father was also a pretty good player and I wasn't to bad either
Chuck played in early 70 s not to glorious but still played

Sonofasonofasailor

Quote from: Hasbeen92 on September 20, 2018, 12:00:43 pm
I appreciate your IQ you should share your intelligence with sailor not me no great feat feat but I was a honor graduate at hazen my step father was a head basketball coach and asstiant football at hazen in late 70 s and 80 s I'm also in probably the only family in prairie county to have 2 former razorback football players I intended not to offend u only suggest to sailor to look up his own question

Why look it up when I can ask Pick to do it for me?   :) 

Hasbeen92

CaptainSwarm25

Are there any bison faithful with insight on the team this year? Would be nice to hear just a little bit of life for this rivalry game.

Hasbeen92

Quote from: CaptainSwarm25 on September 20, 2018, 12:41:06 pm
Are there any bison faithful with insight on the team this year? Would be nice to hear just a little bit of life for this rivalry game.
The bison are pretty quiet lately they played DeWitt closer than I thought they would they are short on speed and size but tradition makes they play hard never count out a team that plays hard I wish razorbacks would gasp that

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Hasbeen92 on September 20, 2018, 12:00:43 pm

aw man, you didn't offend me, was just sharing the info with all who didn't know. sounds like you have a pretty good bloodline.

Hasbeen92

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on September 20, 2018, 12:56:01 pm

aw man, you didn't offend me, was just sharing the info with all who didn't know. sounds like you have a pretty good bloodline.
Thanks plenty good football bloodlines in des arc also that's I love small town football holds communities together even when they town they still keep up with their home towns

Hasbeen92

Why I love :-)They leave town :-) didn't proof read my mother would be upset she was an English teacher

Hasbeen92

What was best Hazen vs Carlisle game ever?

hornetfan8

Quote from: Hasbeen92 on September 20, 2018, 04:12:28 pm
What was best Hazen vs Carlisle game ever?
Triple OT game I believe 2009.

cav2012

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas