• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

non conference opponents for 2018 season

Started by jbtiger73, January 11, 2018, 01:16:32 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jbtiger73

Don't really know if anyone knows their team's non conference schedule yet. But if you do know, or know of any possible matchups, please post them. I know Brinkley probably has the toughest non conference schedule I've seen in a long time. We play class 3A Corning, @newly 3A Rison, and @newly 3A Palestine-Wheatley.

jbtiger73

Delta_Bravo

Hampton plays Drew Central, Star City, and Smackover

HG Hornet

CHG moves to 3A next year, but we face three familiar foes in 2A's Junction City, Bearden, and Fordyce in the 2018 pre-season.

HorseFeathers

England plays Des Arc, mccrory, and Clarendon

HorseFeathers

bulldog

Lions84

Tough sledding for Tiger High . Hang in there JBtiger73

OLionSwag74

Mount Ida plays Magazine, Magnet Cove, and Jessieville. Gonna be a tough season for the lions with only 11 quality players.

HG Hornet

Quote from: OLionSwag74 on January 31, 2018, 10:00:42 am
Mount Ida plays Magazine, Magnet Cove, and Jessieville. Gonna be a tough season for the lions with only 11 quality players.
Man, you're throwing next year's kids under the bus already? 

couch-coach06

SouthpawSensation

Quote from: jbtiger73 on January 11, 2018, 01:16:32 pm
Don't really know if anyone knows their team's non conference schedule yet. But if you do know, or know of any possible matchups, please post them. I know Brinkley probably has the toughest non conference schedule I've seen in a long time. We play class 3A Corning, @newly 3A Rison, and @newly 3A Palestine-Wheatley.
An interesting followup to the question that has been asked ...
How many schools are using Zero Week to fill in games next year? That can now be done.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

February 01, 2018, 01:50:42 pm #12 Last Edit: February 12, 2018, 07:24:31 pm by pick_DA_EAGLES
Des Arc has England

@ Bauxite

And Mccrory

Rida4Life

Parkers Chapel has Smackover, Lafayette County, and Foreman. 
Won't take long to find out how good they are, huh?

stuck in between

Quote from: Rida4Life on February 07, 2018, 09:15:54 am

Any idea what week the Foreman game is scheduled for? I would assume week 2 after the issues we had last year with the team from Texas backing out on us. Should make for some interesting matchups in the years to come.

eldofan

Quote from: Rida4Life on February 07, 2018, 09:15:54 am
what happened to Magnet Cove ? I have enjoyed that game the last 4 years

nomorewhining

Quote from: HorseFeathers on January 21, 2018, 11:18:53 am
England plays Des Arc, mccrory, and Clarendon

Are you sure? Des Arc is opening with Bauxite

Rida4Life

Quote from: eldofan on February 08, 2018, 06:23:14 am
It is my understanding that Magnet Cove did not wish to continue the series. 
I agree with you, very good matchup every year. 
I will say Coach M has some stones to go out and schedule Smackover and Foreman! 

also in reference to the other post about what week.... I think PC/Foreman is the last nonconference game so its either week 2 or 3 now that they have 0 week.

eldofan

Quote from: Rida4Life on February 08, 2018, 09:41:17 am
I will say Coach M has some stones to go out and schedule Smackover and Foreman! 

also in reference to the other post about what week.... I think PC/Foreman is the last nonconference game so its either week 2 or 3 now that they have 0 week.
[/quote.                                                                       I agree . I'm liking the new schedule

Pick_DA_EAGLES

February 08, 2018, 12:18:20 pm #19 Last Edit: February 12, 2018, 07:23:38 pm by pick_DA_EAGLES
Quote from: nomorewhining on February 08, 2018, 08:11:41 am
Are you sure? Des Arc is opening with Bauxite

Des Arc opens with England. Bauxite is week 2 Mccrory week 3

eldofan

Quote from: Rida4Life on February 08, 2018, 09:41:17 am

According to Hampton's schedule they play at  Smackover week 2 so that will prolly put Pc at Foreman week 2 then Smackover at Pc week 3

couch-coach06

Foremans open week last year was week 2 .. but idk haven't heard anything about this year's schedule...

couch-coach06

If p/c is our week 2 foremans would probably be Genoa , PC / Horatio ..in that order

eldofan

Lafayette County is Pc 's week 1 and Smackover week 3 so it has to be Foreman for Pc week 2 . Conference play starts week 4 at Hampton for Pc

Sonofasonofasailor

Carlisle opens with 4A Lonoke and Dewitt and then 3A Baptist Prep in week 3. 

Rida4Life

Pretty sure PC plays Smackover first so it must be Week 0. 
but with their coach leaving there could be some changes there.  Who knows.

eldofan

Quote from: Rida4Life on February 12, 2018, 11:20:19 am
Pretty sure PC plays Smackover first so it must be Week 0. 
but with their coach leaving there could be some changes there.  Who knows.
Max preps has Lafayette County week 1 Aug 31

eldofan

Rida4Life

Smackover is PC's week 0 game.... rumor floating that it could be a Hooten's game.  Should know more soon I think.

nomorewhining

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on February 08, 2018, 12:18:20 pm
Des Arc opens with England. Bauxite is week 2 Mccrory week 3

England must be week 0...Because Bauxite is week 1

eldofan

Quote from: Rida4Life on February 20, 2018, 10:57:25 am
Smackover is PC's week 0 game.... rumor floating that it could be a Hooten's game.  Should know more soon I think.
so are we talking about a full blown Game  that counts  in the W L column ? Versus a scrimmage which these 2 normally play.

Rida4Life

Quote from: eldofan on February 20, 2018, 07:56:40 pm
so are we talking about a full blown Game  that counts  in the W L column ? Versus a scrimmage which these 2 normally play.

Now I'm hearing they will be playing Fouke at SAU in the Hooten's deal.  Smackover game will not be played...... i think...

eldofan

couch-coach06

Quote from: Rida4Life on March 06, 2018, 10:46:36 am
Now I'm hearing they will be playing Fouke at SAU in the Hooten's deal.  Smackover game will not be played...... i think...
I thought they usually had contenders in those hootens games ?

MagicMike

Quote from: eldofan on February 08, 2018, 06:23:14 am

I bet you did. PC owned MC the past few years.

The_Wesson_Blessin

Quote from: couch-coach06 on March 07, 2018, 05:36:51 pm

Nahhh, they let Hampton play in one last year... ;D

southarkdaddy

Quote from: couch-coach06 on March 07, 2018, 05:36:51 pm

Contenders, Up & Comers, or College Prospects usually

Rida4Life

couch-coach06

Quote from: southarkdaddy on March 08, 2018, 09:20:29 am
Contenders, Up & Comers, or College Prospects usually

Gotcha and that wasn't a ment too be a shot at P/C good respectful program... But fouke is a bit of a head scratcher

Rida4Life

Quote from: The_Wesson_Blessin on March 08, 2018, 09:07:39 am
Nahhh, they let Hampton play in one last year... ;D

Ricks tire service must have shut the internet down in Hampton.  normally that incites a riot on FF.

old.dole

I think reality has set in over in htown

NEark tigers

Earle's first three weeks ( in no particular order)

at Helena West Helena
vs Cross County
vs Barton

playmaker04

Quote from: SouthpawSensation on February 01, 2018, 12:55:12 pm
An interesting followup to the question that has been asked ...
How many schools are using Zero Week to fill in games next year? That can now be done.
Hazen @Cross County week 0

beach bum

From Mountainburg, I have seen so far they play Cedarville and Greenland in non conference. I noticed they don't have a 3rd non conference game filled in and I am sure they are looking for one. Those are two good games for them because outside of Hector and Hackett, Greenland will be better than the other 5 teams they play in conference in the 4-2A. Greenland is not a juggernaut whatsoever, but still a good test for Mountainburg. Cedarville seems to have better talent coming up finally from junior high to help them and a good rivalry game for Mountainburg. 

Mulerider4Life

Magnet Cove was young last year. Should have a better year this year, but will still probably have a tough time beating Haskell Harmony Grove. If they continue to play them.

N2DEEP

Magnet Cove will be hindered due to a lot of lineman graduating last year. We can only hope the upcoming class will step up. Also our D Line coach stepped down, so we will see how the new coach does (hopefully well because my kids are linemen).

Week 1 vs Episcopal
Week 2 vs Atkins
Week 3 vs Mount Ida

Catcher

Quote from: jbtiger73 on January 11, 2018, 01:16:32 pm
Fordyce plays 4a Monticello, 3a ison, and 3a Camden harmony grove. I would say that's a little more difficult

southarkdaddy

Quote from: N2DEEP on March 21, 2018, 06:43:45 am
Magnet Cove will be hindered due to a lot of lineman graduating last year. We can only hope the upcoming class will step up. Also our D Line coach stepped down, so we will see how the new coach does (hopefully well because my kids are linemen).

Week 1 vs Episcopal
Week 2 vs Atkins
Week 3 vs Mount Ida

Could be 2-1 or 0-3.  Interested to see how that turns out.  Sad they aren't playing Parkers Chapel anymore though.  That was a good little non-conference series. 

N2DEEP

The games with PC were always good, but the drive was not. I think that had alot to do with it. We just hired a new line coach so we will see how it goes.

southarkdaddy

Quote from: N2DEEP on March 28, 2018, 06:54:28 am
The games with PC were always good, but the drive was not. I think that had alot to do with it. We just hired a new line coach so we will see how it goes.

but you scheduled Atkins?  What did that save 10 minutes

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas