• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rison @ Danville

Started by bearfan, November 11, 2017, 08:48:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Bearden_Bear72

Quote from: Hawgpilot on November 17, 2017, 09:14:37 pm
Shouldn't matter,  Rison was such a superior team, right??

Childish......

Hawgpilot

whoknows

Rison driving in Danville territory with under a minute to play

whoknows

rattlerfan24

Oh boy, coming down to the wire...

whoknows

QB scrambles out of bounds...30 secs left

whoknows

4th and 10...intercepted and Danville wins!

rattlerfan24

rattlerfan24

Sounds like it was a great game.

rattlerfan24

HorseFeathers

monster_island

Great game Danville! Congratulations.

Allen T

GREAT GAME!! One of the best I've seen. The offense for both Danville and Rison were both hard to stop. Have to say that the Rison Wildcats have one of the best fan bases in the state. They had as many if not more fans at the game then we did. Great team and class act all around. But tonight belonged to the Little Johns. Most folks thought the Wildcats would run away with this game and that Danville had played nobody all season. Tonight we played a well coached team and won! Great win! Good luck next week. GO LITTLE JOHNS!!

cheesecake

What happed in this game I was watching chg whoop epc

DanvilleFan

Rison and Coach Totty are nothing but class.  Was an outstanding game from both teams and it was all left on the field.  And agreed the Rison fans filled the bleachers!

HorseFeathers

Quote from: cheesecake on November 17, 2017, 10:40:41 pm
What happed in this game I was watching chg whoop epc

Two teams left it all on the field tonight. ..Donnell and Tolbert literally put danville on their backs offensively....Henry and chavis for rison gave danville's defense fits all night....I don't think I was expecting a shootout tonight....but it's what we got. And the danville fans got LOUD in that fourth quarter

MR#1

As a Wildcat alum and fan, I'm certainly disappointed with last night's loss. However, I'm equally excited for the Little Johns' win as I am a fan of small-town schools with athletic teams supported by great little towns. Both teams played an amazing game, which is what attracts all of us to the great sport of high school football. Congrats to the Little Johns (and I absolutely love the English translation of 'Petit Jean' as your mascot honoring your local region in the state). Good luck next week. And, congrats to those Wildcats. (Hurry September 2018! Beat Fordyce!)

DanvilleFan

Quote from: MR#1 on November 18, 2017, 09:51:05 am
As a Wildcat alum and fan, I'm certainly disappointed with last night's loss. However, I'm equally excited for the Little Johns' win as I am a fan of small-town schools with athletic teams supported by great little towns. Both teams played an amazing game, which is what attracts all of us to the great sport of high school football. Congrats to the Little Johns (and I absolutely love the English translation of 'Petit Jean' as your mascot honoring your local region in the state). Good luck next week. And, congrats to those Wildcats. (Hurry September 2018! Beat Fordyce!)
Much appreciated, tons of respect for your program.  This was a huge win...anytime you can outlast a Rison team, you've accomplished something

Hornet4ever

Very tough to win at Danville.

GreenMachine

Quote from: Hornet4ever on November 18, 2017, 06:46:35 pm
Sir, Just because you are from Hackett doesn't mean you always have to hate on the Little Johns. Just coming from a Danville fan perspective.

Allen T

Guess some hate never dies. If it's "hard to win" in Danville then explain how we won last year at your home field.

Hornet4ever

Not hating? There is such a thing as "homefield advantage". Danville plays well at home and always has? You must be doing something right if you're beating Rison... Chill out.

rattlerfan24

Quote from: Hornet4ever on November 18, 2017, 06:46:35 pm
I thought this was a compliment. 

HorseFeathers

Everyone not from Danville took it as a compliment I think...

Allen T

Never know how to take things from Hornet. Sometimes it's a compliment sometimes it's not. Would of liked to have seen Hackett advance this year. Always looks good for a conf. to have more then one team make it this far. Hate that we wont be playing them or Mountainburg the next two years. Hope they have great success.

GreenMachine

Quote from: Allen T on November 19, 2017, 11:16:58 am
Never know how to take things from Hornet. Sometimes it's a compliment sometimes it's not. Would of liked to have seen Hackett advance this year. Always looks good for a conf. to have more then one team make it this far. Hate that we wont be playing them or Mountainburg the next two years. Hope they have great success.
Agreed, Hackett is always good competition for the Little Johns

Hornet4ever

You should take it as a compliment, I do not like Danville and never will. So me saying that should have been a special moment.

Quick, someone take a photo.

GreenMachine

Quote from: Hornet4ever on November 19, 2017, 03:48:31 pm
You should take it as a compliment, I do not like Danville and never will. So me saying that should have been a special moment.

Quick, someone take a photo.
Special indeed

ThreadWatcher

Quote from: bearfan on November 11, 2017, 08:48:59 pm
Rison will expose Danville in this matchup. Rison by 32+
What happened here?

couch-coach06

Like I would seriously like too know what the rision faithful felt of this game ... We're you healthy etc?

The Beast Of 08

The Traditionvillw faithful went quiet pretty quickly after this game ended...

MR#1

Quote from: The Beast Of 08 on November 20, 2017, 08:57:57 pm
The Traditionvillw faithful went quiet pretty quickly after this game ended...

How do you know? Did you not read the comments from posters above about how respectful and great the Rison fans were? These kinds of pathetic comments from fans of teams that were not even involved just to get a perceived 'jab' in is ridiculous.

I congratulated CHG in another post when they beat Rison and wished them well for the remainder of the year. I did the same for Danville. I'm a fan of high school football and follow the team each year though I rarely attend Rison's games.

Sorry for the rant, but there's no place these kinds of comments on this board. Please be respectful. Otherwise, good luck to all of the teams in their remaining games. I'll be keeping an eye on scores and this board.

The Beast Of 08

Yeah that was in complete reference to this board...you are the only one from Traditionville that has commented since the clock struck 0.

MR#1

Quote from: The Beast Of 08 on November 21, 2017, 04:54:29 pm
Yeah that was in complete reference to this board...you are the only one from Traditionville that has commented since the clock struck 0.

I may be the only one, but I did so respectfully just as I did when CHG beat Rison in another thread. So, when you cast your net, it caught me also --- hence, my response.

wildcatfan12345

Let me say this. Totty made some DA calls, just like the ones that costed those boys the 2015 championship game. He made the Trail boy throw the same pass the Crouse boy did in the state game. Totty is a fantastic coach, I have nothing but respect for him! He's a great, Godly man. As always I'll be back next year rooting the Wildcats to their hopeful victories as we move up to 3A.

wildcatrider

Quote from: wildcatfan12345 on November 22, 2017, 09:57:43 am
Let me say this. Totty made some DA calls, just like the ones that costed those boys the 2015 championship game. He made the Trail boy throw the same pass the Crouse boy did in the state game. Totty is a fantastic coach, I have nothing but respect for him! He's a great, Godly man. As always I'll be back next year rooting the Wildcats to their hopeful victories as we move up to 3A.

Attendance has dramatically dropped in past several years.  Many are tired of seeing the same old plays such as what you mentioned above but until "certain" people get tired of him his contract will constantly renew.  Watch them practice.  When they practice throwing the ball the "defender" only runs out about 10 yards and stops.  Like that's what's going to happen in a real game.  Right!!  Do they practice kicking the ball whether it be kickoff or extra points?  Nope.  It all shows up on Friday nights.  You have his "loyalty" ones that if he never won another game say "but he's teaching our boys life lessons".  🙄  Bring back Jason Gill!!

HorseFeathers

Quote from: wildcatrider on November 23, 2017, 04:54:14 pm

Attendance has dramatically dropped in past several years.  Many are tired of seeing the same old plays such as what you mentioned above but until "certain" people get tired of him his contract will constantly renew.  Watch them practice.  When they practice throwing the ball the "defender" only runs out about 10 yards and stops.  Like that's what's going to happen in a real game.  Right!!  Do they practice kicking the ball whether it be kickoff or extra points?  Nope.  It all shows up on Friday nights.  You have his "loyalty" ones that if he never won another game say "but he's teaching our boys life lessons".  🙄  Bring back Jason Gill!!

Be careful what you ask for...

wildcatrider

Quote from: HorseFeathers on November 23, 2017, 04:59:55 pm
Be careful what you ask for...

Been asking for a looong time.  facts are facts.  My son graduated from the same program 10 years ago and they were calling the very same plays then. Still Does not know how to defend a pass.  Will not play a safety. 

HorseFeathers

Quote from: wildcatrider on November 23, 2017, 05:12:20 pm
Been asking for a looong time.  facts are facts.  My son graduated from the same program 10 years ago and they were calling the very same plays then. Still Does not know how to defend a pass.  Will not play a safety. 

I agree on the defense.... Watched tanner Gaines burn that defense for around 400 yards passing, and don't remember a safety ever appearing....

blackandoldgold

Quote from: couch-coach06 on November 20, 2017, 07:26:38 pm
Like I would seriously like too know what the rision faithful felt of this game ... We're you healthy etc?

Rison's second leading running back & a very good defensive back, got his ankle injured on the second offensive series & missed the rest of the game. It caused a domino effect on personnel leading to a freshman playing, with no varsity experience, for much of the game. Such is the breaks of football. Hat's off to Danville though for a very well played game. Good luck going forward in the playoffs.

couch-coach06

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas