• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!

Started by gooze55, July 25, 2017, 10:08:19 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

gooze55

MT.IDA PLAYING MAGAZINE FOR THERE FIRST GAME WOW WHY THEY NOT N THE CLASSIC  THEY WIN THE SHIP.......  IT SHOULD B PRESCOTT N MT.IDA THE TWO CHAMP TEAM    2A RUNNER-UP SHOULD BE PLAYING 3A RUNNER-UP

dawgpound

Bc they wasn't the best team there on that day the refs where

HeadBussa08

I think turnovers and missed 2 pt conversions were the bigger factor. Mt. Ida played almost perfect game Hampton didn't. Hampton was more talented for sure.

gooze55

who had the most turnovers????? Hampton or mt.ida   i watched the game over n over heck i slow it down....  when the ref was running trying to keep up with the Hampton QB his flag fell out his pocket he didn't know but the other  ref came behind him stop at the flag never throw his flag  but call holding on Hampton..... what happen  was  mt.ida player chasing the QB  as well  run into Hampton player that was running ( really he was dancing lol) n both went to the ground...  remember the game pause for a min  I know everybody do because it got quit.....  let not talk about those 2pt conv. lol theirs  more mistake  but that was soooo last year game this a new season.... HECK THEY TRIED TO DO THE SAME TO WARREN  BUT THERE COACH WASNT HAVE IT. he was all over  the field n the ref ear lol  I see nobody like warren, hampton  or JC  ( why)    but before u answer what sorry who is magazine   

PapaHog

gooze55

Quote from: PapaHog on July 26, 2017, 12:36:34 am
That was hard to read.
yep the truth is away hard to read lol but sir u don't have to read it

HeadBussa08

I watched the game as an unbiased observer and on the Hampton side, neither Hampton fans or Coaches said much about the holding calls and I witnessed a few on TD runs called back so hate to tell ya man but the Players decided the game lol

Proud Buckaroo

Look, man. I'm sorry to say this, but perhaps you should spend your free time reading the dictionary and studying some basic grammar instead of watching all that film. I literally ran out of breath reading that and quite frankly felt my IQ drop some as well.

Hornet4ever

Mt. Ida may have not been the better team, but they still won. Sure, there may have been a few calls that could've went either way, shouldn't have been called, whatever. Bottom line is Mt. Ida played a perfect game and cut out those crucial mistakes.

Randy

Quote from: gooze55 on July 26, 2017, 12:29:35 am
who had the most turnovers????? Hampton or mt.ida   i watched the game over n over heck i slow it down....  when the ref was running trying to keep up with the Hampton QB his flag fell out his pocket he didn't know but the other  ref came behind him stop at the flag never throw his flag  but call holding on Hampton..... what happen  was  mt.ida player chasing the QB  as well  run into Hampton player that was running ( really he was dancing lol) n both went to the ground...  remember the game pause for a min  I know everybody do because it got quit.....  let not talk about those 2pt conv. lol theirs  more mistake  but that was soooo last year game this a new season.... HECK THEY TRIED TO DO THE SAME TO WARREN  BUT THERE COACH WASNT HAVE IT. he was all over  the field n the ref ear lol  I see nobody like warren, hampton  or JC  ( why)    but before u answer what sorry who is magazine

Huh?

Jimbo Morphis

What?

stuck in between

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that Ida isn't playing in the Classic because they were featured in it last year against Centerpoint. I'm sure that Hooten's like to spread it around a little bit.

PapaHog

The truth may be hard to read, but it appears even harder to type.

RATTLER43

I like Bill Parcells way of thinking.  It is whatever it is.  Mt. Ida won.  They were the better team.  They made a run all season and during the playoffs defeating whoever they were matched up against.  Oftentimes, in all of sports, the most talent doesn't win.  But generally, the best team wins (especially in a tournament which is what a playoff essentially boils down to).  Took a lot of grit to win the Danville and Hampton games and they did it.  They were the best team.....period.  If anyone goes and watches game tape there will be multiple missed calls throughout the game on both sides. Probably 20 or more holds.  It just boiled down to whoever played the better game:  Mt. Ida.  The team who is not having to make excuses after a loss is generally the better team.

RATTLER43

Do u   have u  McFadden........

Bigditchlion

England was more talented than hampton. Just made mistakes and lost. It happens and the fact that monta is an absolute beast. I watched the championship game, hampton coach lost that game. Monta didn't get enough touches.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Bigditchlion on July 26, 2017, 11:51:59 am
England was more talented than hampton. Just made mistakes and lost. It happens and the fact that monta is an absolute beast. I watched the championship game, hampton coach lost that game. Monta didn't get enough touches.

Same with des arc.

Hamptons coach lost the title game for them, trying to get to cute and got away from what got them there, a.k.a. trying to coach to much.

gooze55

July 26, 2017, 12:04:05 pm #17 Last Edit: July 26, 2017, 12:10:57 pm by gooze55
Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on July 26, 2017, 11:56:02 am
Same with des arc.

Hamptons coach lost the title game for them, trying to get to cute and got away from what got them there, a.k.a. trying to coach to much.
yep u right about that...... he will be the reason again because he look lost at time

Lions65

July 26, 2017, 01:50:20 pm #18 Last Edit: July 26, 2017, 02:09:04 pm by Lions65
Hampton doesn't know how to win, and they sure don't know how to lose! I don't remember Ida fans blaming the refs when dierks spanked them mid season, they just took their whooping and went back to work. A hold is a hold, and an offsides is an offsides. Yeah Ida may not have been the most athletic but they were a TEAM, and definitely the best coached team played together since 3rd grade not assembled at the end of summer workouts from area schools. And I doubt they have 'thanks refs' on the side of those big championship rings. Hootenanny doesn't put the same teams in their classic every year if you didn't know---

THA TRUTH

Quote from: dawgpound on July 25, 2017, 10:49:36 pm
Bc they wasn't the best team there on that day the refs where

No just the fact Hampton could quite possibly have the worst coach in 2a

SOUTHARK99

Why bring this back up. Hampton need to move on and Mt. Ida has the rings to show who ended up #1. We will see how good Coach Ables is the next two years he has had this Jr. class since 7Th grade. So I will wait till then to pass judgment on him. The Hampton people i work with have high hopes for the program with these Jrs. I wish them luck this season.

dawgpound

Y'all are funny the worst coach in 2a?  just go back to when this jr class was 7th graders and count their wins.  he has finally got some talent and got these boys to buy in to his program.  it took several years of bad attitudes and running people off

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: dawgpound on July 26, 2017, 03:26:05 pm
Y'all are funny the worst coach in 2a?  just go back to when this jr class was 7th graders and count their wins.  he has finally got some talent and got these boys to buy in to his program.  it took several years of bad attitudes and running people off

He's probably not the worst in 2A, but what I said about the title game is the truth.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: dawgpound on July 26, 2017, 03:26:05 pm

So....does the talent make the coach or does the coach make the talent?

Haha.....good luck to Hampton and Coach Ables this year

RATTLER43

July 26, 2017, 04:22:14 pm #24 Last Edit: July 26, 2017, 04:26:38 pm by RATTLER43

To answer the two questions in your last line:
Not sure that there is great dislike for J.C. or Warren but if so it is typically reserved by a few for perennial winners like them. In the case of J.C. a few bring up Louisiana players.  But if there is disdain for Hampton it is most probable that it involves excuses, blaming refs, and having some imported talent.   Magazine is a tiny community near Booneville and sort of between Greenwood and Russvegas.  We won state title in 2010.  Been a few years of mediocrity but junior high went undefeated last year so we hope we are moving in right direction again.   Hope this helps.

THA TRUTH

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on July 26, 2017, 04:11:18 pm
He's probably not the worst in 2A, but what I said about the title game is the truth.

And that game proved his arrogance and stupidity

dawgpound

Quote from: THA TRUTH on July 26, 2017, 04:37:16 pm

And that game proved his arrogance and stupidity
and now you are showing your stupidity

THA TRUTH

lol monta ran the team and ur bro got in the way

dawgpound

Yea monta was good no doubt but who wants to play on a team with one guy getting the ball every carry I think coach Ables done a good job of spreading it around

RATTLER43

"Yea monta was good no doubt but who wants to play on a team with one guy getting the ball every carry."

Players who worked toward and want a championship....

Not sure, but I bet Dixon's former teammates at Strong are happy with their rings.

Hornet4ever

Quote from: RATTLER43 on July 26, 2017, 05:38:16 pm
"Yea monta was good no doubt but who wants to play on a team with one guy getting the ball every carry."

Players who worked toward and want a championship....

Not sure, but I bet Dixon's former teammates at Strong are happy with their rings.

+1

THA TRUTH

Quote from: dawgpound on July 26, 2017, 05:27:56 pm
Yea monta was good no doubt but who wants to play on a team with one guy getting the ball every carry I think coach Ables done a good job of spreading it around

Lol we can tell u never won much

AirWarren

Quote from: RATTLER43 on July 26, 2017, 10:35:27 am
Do u   have u  McFadden........

Exactly.

I made the mistake and saw Warren in this post. Attempted to read. And bingo. I have a headache.

AirWarren

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: dawgpound on July 26, 2017, 05:27:56 pm

That's not what the problem was, it WAS Ables ego got in the way. Monta was getting most all of the credit (which was deserved) and Ables wasn't, so he tried to prove he could coach in the title game. We all know how that worked out.

dawgpound

Your wrong there he isn't that kind of person I can promise you that

bdubyab60

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on July 26, 2017, 06:04:38 pm
That's not what the problem was, it WAS Ables ego got in the way. Monta was getting most all of the credit (which was deserved) and Ables wasn't, so he tried to prove he could coach in the title game. We all know how that worked out.
A good coach would have road that horse to the title. The other players would not have cared.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: dawgpound on July 26, 2017, 06:58:30 pm

Yea, OKAY.

Sonofasonofasailor

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on July 26, 2017, 06:04:38 pm

How 'bout his abilities to coach in the third round? 

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Sonofasonofasailor on July 26, 2017, 07:37:12 pm

Eh.....he rode Thomas and Heglar that night....and Des arc went for the world record in fumbled snaps

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Sonofasonofasailor on July 26, 2017, 07:37:12 pm

Yep, did fine that night, stood on the sideline and kept his mouth shut and watched monta run back a kick off and a punt return, neither of which were supposed to go to Monta. Both were mistakes by our special teams.

THA TRUTH

Quote from: dawgpound on July 26, 2017, 06:58:30 pm

Just stop please lol the state title game proves everything we say about him

dawgpound

He is a young coach with his first head coaching job and you couldn't come close to being the man he is I think y'all that hate on him are just jealous and you won't prove to me otherwise why else would he be on yalls mind so often

Lions65

Wasn't on my mind at all until another dawg started this ignorant thread

dawgpound

That dude ain't no dog he is trolling y'all

RATTLER43

Each of my responses are in defense of Mt. Ida being the best team and about utilizing Monta to win a championship.  I do not believe I have mentioned a coach in any of my posts. Just want you to know I respect even making it to the title game.  I just like discussing sports.  I love good-natured humor as well. 

These boards are soft now.  There was a time when you needed to have a tougher skin than now.  I don't get angry on here since my first few weeks all those years ago and I hope no others take too seriously any of the fun we are all trying to have.   Take seriously supporting your kids, your team, your school, and your community but don't get too upset when folks have a little fun with you from time to time.    Mt. Ida won; you guys were runner-up.  All the rest of us were watching so enjoy your success and build upon it.

HOGS1976

I'm not from Ida, but really runner-up, how many times did Hampton line up offsides and you could see it on the TV, Hampton may have had the best athlete on the field, but I thought football was a team sport, and by far Ida had the best team and coaches hands down they were disciplined and nearly flawless, but Rattler you probably a fan of the kid that was flipping off Ida as he left the field getting his tail whooped!!! #bleedblue

RATTLER43

?

I am not a fan of either.  You apparently did not read my previous posts. 

Read more; post less.

HOGS1976

last 2 lines kinda makes everything else you said pointless

RATTLER43

Lots of stuff people say is pointless......

But since I enjoy a little trolling, what two last lines?

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas