• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Region 3 @ Riverside

Started by Head Lion, February 17, 2017, 09:54:24 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

NeaBaller21

MustangRampage

Another great game tonight from the Lady Mustangs!  The girls are playing their best ball of the season right now and came back with a solid win tonight against an Osceola squad who nipped us at their place last week. 

We're looking forward to a matchup tomorrow night against arguably the best girls team in 3A, Valley Springs.  From watching them play the last two days, it will definitely be a contrast in styles as the two teams take the floor.  Here's to a safe, injury free game for both teams tomorrow night, and hopefully the Lady Mustangs will find themselves as the 1 seed going into next week.

Go Mustangs!

BoxNOne

Quote from: ISU7 on February 24, 2017, 09:39:39 pm
Looks like It'll be a conference 3-3A Boys regional finals.🙌🏀🏆

Two 29 point beat downs tonight

BoxNOne

Quote from: MustangRampage on February 24, 2017, 10:03:30 pm
Another great game tonight from the Lady Mustangs!  The girls are playing their best ball of the season right now and came back with a solid win tonight against an Osceola squad who nipped us at their place last week. 

We're looking forward to a matchup tomorrow night against arguably the best girls team in 3A, Valley Springs.  From watching them play the last two days, it will definitely be a contrast in styles as the two teams take the floor.  Here's to a safe, injury free game for both teams tomorrow night, and hopefully the Lady Mustangs will find themselves as the 1 seed going into next week.

Go Mustangs!

Hoxie has put two very good games together back to back. I think they will give Valley Springs all they want.

Head Lion

Lions 1 short of a 30 pack on Clinton and even heard a few their fans crying about the officiating. When you get turbo clocked the refs didn't beat you. You need to come down out of them hills and play against some kids that can hoop. The blended conference that was a gauntlet all year for the Delta schools, I believe has paid big dividends for the Rebels & Lions. Both teams look battled tested. Lets hope for a great injury free game tomorrow night and of course a Lion victory. Region 3 champs 2013, 2015, 201(I see a pattern here).

BoxNOne

HL, you are right. When you get turbo clocked and whine about the reffing, that doesn't carry much weight.

bobcats

Let's be honest, a win is a win.  It counts the same whether the margin is 1 or 50.  I seem to remember Golden State winning game 2 of the NBA finals by 33 over Cleveland.  Now who was it that won the championship?  Both Marshall and Clinton "left the hills" and did play some teams that can hoop. 

General Lee

Quote from: MustangRampage on February 24, 2017, 10:03:30 pm

Go Mustangs!

Well if Valley Springs is arguably the best girls team in the state then all I can say is that it's a down year!

RedWolf275

I like Hoxie to take that game. Looks like Manila and Riverside will play Marianna Lee or Kipp Delta. I believe both teams will advance to quarter finals no matter the outcome tomorrow night.

Head Lion

Quote from: bobcats on February 24, 2017, 10:41:43 pm
Let's be honest, a win is a win.  It counts the same whether the margin is 1 or 50.  I seem to remember Golden State winning game 2 of the NBA finals by 33 over Cleveland.  Now who was it that won the championship?  Both Marshall and Clinton "left the hills" and did play some teams that can hoop.
Bobcats, Marshall was shorthanded with injuries tonight & having to come back after a hard fought OT win the night before. Coach Drennan's squad faced a tall hurdle & battled unto they had no legs. Clinton had no excuses, they just got took out behind the woodshed.

Rebelfan77

HL are you ever going to give Riverside any credit for actually beating someone? What injuries did Marshall have?

NeaBaller21

Quote from: Rebelfan77 on February 24, 2017, 11:32:07 pm
HL are you ever going to give Riverside any credit for actually beating someone? What injuries did Marshall have?
I think hes completely aware of how talented Riverside is and the challenge the lions are going up against tomorrow night.

Head Lion

February 24, 2017, 11:38:31 pm #262 Last Edit: February 24, 2017, 11:40:06 pm by Head Lion
Shoot yea, the way they are playing they could run the table & win it all. They have a go to player, who makes everyone around him better. They are a Sr ladened experienced team that has been thru battles.

Head Lion

Quote from: NeaBaller21 on February 24, 2017, 11:36:08 pm
I think hes completely aware of how talented Riverside is and the challenge the lions are going up against tomorrow night.
We feel lucky to be there starting just 1 Sr & playing 2 freshman considerable minutes.

NeaBaller21

Quote from: Head Lion on February 24, 2017, 11:41:50 pm
We feel lucky to be there starting just 1 Sr & playing 2 freshman considerable minutes.
Y'all definitely have a bright future. Us on the other hand.... it's this year or no year for a while!

MustangRampage

Quote from: General Lee on February 24, 2017, 10:43:27 pm
Well if Valley Springs is arguably the best girls team in the state then all I can say is that it's a down year!

I'm just going off of what MaxPreps has as their top 10.  They've had Valley as their number 1 for pretty much the entire year.

biglion1985

Well the VALLEY girls are the best until someone wins the championship that's the advantage to winning a title IMO

ZoneBuster

What 3A girls team has a better two wins than against Van Buren and Ozark, Mo?

General Lee

All I can go by is what I see on the court. They aren't near the team they were last year or near the team that I'm used to seeing win state tournaments at the 2A and 3A classifications. So, they could be the best team I guess but in my opinion that would make it a down year. The good news is, we won't have to wait long to find out.

BoxNOne

Quote from: RedWolf275 on February 24, 2017, 10:54:32 pm
I like Hoxie to take that game. Looks like Manila and Riverside will play Marianna Lee or Kipp Delta. I believe both teams will advance to quarter finals no matter the outcome tomorrow night.

And if I read the state bracket correctly, if all four teams win their first round games it will be Manila and Riverside vs Charleston and Lamar. Two of the best 3A teams will go out in quarterfinals.

jackets101

Quote from: Head Lion on February 24, 2017, 10:15:03 pm
Lions 1 short of a 30 pack on Clinton and even heard a few their fans crying about the officiating. When you get turbo clocked the refs didn't beat you. You need to come down out of them hills and play against some kids that can hoop. The blended conference that was a gauntlet all year for the Delta schools, I believe has paid big dividends for the Rebels & Lions. Both teams look battled tested. Lets hope for a great injury free game tomorrow night and of course a Lion victory. Region 3 champs 2013, 2015, 201(I see a pattern here).
Clinton played in a conference full of teams that "can hoop". And you act like no manila fan has ever complained about a ref. How about the guy yelling push off every five seconds for four quarters with a twenty point lead against valley. The refs didn't lose the game but were way one sided. Either way it wouldn't have swung the game.

Rebelfan77

Your always going to have that fan that yells every time their kid gets touched. The refs were no way one sided. Everyone wants little touch fouls called and if that happened the games would last about 3 hours you'd have 100+free throws shot. My kid plays and if every time someone fouled him we'd be there forever. Just have to suck it up and move on.

BoxNOne

I don't think the refs had anything to do with Manila continually driving straight to the rim for layups. In my opinion, both Marshall and Clinton had bad defensive game plans or just didn't have the players to execute them. Refs didn't make those bad strategies. Good luck to both in the consolation game today.

jackets101

Quote from: BoxNOne on February 25, 2017, 08:53:37 am
I don't think the refs had anything to do with Manila continually driving straight to the rim for layups. In my opinion, both Marshall and Clinton had bad defensive game plans or just didn't have the players to execute them. Refs didn't make those bad strategies. Good luck to both in the consolation game today.
who said they did

BoxNOne

Again, good luck in the consolation game today!

RedWolf275

Quote from: General Lee on February 25, 2017, 08:09:42 am
All I can go by is what I see on the court. They aren't near the team they were last year or near the team that I'm used to seeing win state tournaments at the 2A and 3A classifications. So, they could be the best team I guess but in my opinion that would make it a down year. The good news is, we won't have to wait long to find out.

Valley is a grinding team that will have trouble if they get behind. Haven't seen much 3 pt shooting from them. I give Hoxie a good chance to beat them tonight.

Head Lion

Quote from: Rebelfan77 on February 24, 2017, 11:32:07 pm
I can give more props to Riverside. They have held a first class regional, the school district should be proud as well as the Lake City & Caraway communities.

RedWolf275

I agree HeadLion. Riverside has done a great job with regional!

RedWolf275

Girls consolation

Mt. View over Osceola 47-37

bobcats

Marshall boys over Clinton 53-46.

RedWolf275

Girls
Valley Springs up 13-11 6 min in half

biglion1985

ISU7

RedWolf275

ISU7

Lady Stangs on a roll. Congrats.
🐴🏀🏆

NEA Razorback olfan

RedWolf275

MustangRampage

Hard fought win tonight for the Lady Mustangs!  That is a well coached, discliplined Valley Springs team that the girls beat tonight.  Games like this are fun to watch because you can see how hard each team is playing.  Now it's on to Bald Knob and hopefully 4 more wins.

Go Mustangs!

RedWolf275

February 25, 2017, 08:55:33 pm #288 Last Edit: February 25, 2017, 08:57:22 pm by RedWolf275
Riverside 62-61 over Manila
Gavin Stone with 32

ISU7

Quote from: RedWolf275 on February 25, 2017, 08:55:33 pm
Riverside 62-61 over Manila
Sound like a dandy. Great game by both teams.
Congratulations Riverside.Boys 🏀🏆

Paperman

Congratulations to the Rebels! Nice run for Manila! Good luck next week at Bald Knob

biglion1985

Hats off to riverside on a hard fought game

RedWolf275

jbg1967

Riverside better get all they can get this year because next year will be a rebuilding year!!!

Head Lion

Congrats to Coach Campbell and the Rebels and to the Riverside School District on hosting a first class event. Don't expect me to get on here making excuses, we made to many turnovers in the 3rd quarter that the Rebels took advantage of. I really like how our kids are competing. Best of luck to the Rebels next week and GOOOO LIONS!!!!!!

NeaBaller21

Quote from: Head Lion on February 25, 2017, 09:52:34 pm
Congrats to Coach Campbell and the Rebels and to the Riverside School District on hosting a first class event. Don't expect me to get on here making excuses, we made to many turnovers in the 3rd quarter that the Rebels took advantage of. I really like how our kids are competing. Best of luck to the Rebels next week and GOOOO LIONS!!!!!!
Great game to the Lions!  Y'all played a heck of a game for sure, but like you said made a few too many careless mistakes! Best of luck to Manila in State!

BoxNOne

Great game last night and a great crowd as well. Gavin Stone with his usual outstanding performance in his last home game. Both of these teams will be tough outs in the state.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas