• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Subiaco Academy

Started by ETS09, September 13, 2008, 06:03:49 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ETS09

I'm suprised to be saying this but they are 2-0. I know they played a couple of softer opponents but they beat them pretty good. It's nice to see them finally get a couple of wins. Good job guys.

KLA 41-0

Just wait till conference play begins, that will be the real test. But I agree, they are having better luck this time around. Have they even won two games the past two years?

ETS09

I know for sure they didn't last year.

just2good19

Quote from: KLA 41-0 on September 13, 2008, 06:08:21 pm
Just wait till conference play begins, that will be the real test. But I agree, they are having better luck this time around. Have they even won two games the past two years?
I'm not trying to bash Subi... but they'll be lucky to win another game this year.

Doo-Dad

That depends on if they have Waldron on their schedule or not.
Quote from: just2good19 on September 13, 2008, 09:51:12 pm
Quote from: KLA 41-0 on September 13, 2008, 06:08:21 pm
I'm not trying to bash Subi... but they'll be lucky to win another game this year.

edghog

Waldron moved to 7-4A. They do not play each other this year. They do, however, play Hackett this year. There is a probability they will be 3-0 when conf play starts.

Doo-Dad

Without Waldron on the schedule, the next best bet would be Dover/Pottsville/West Fork, Pottsville/ West Fork because they are just coming into (Pottsville), back into (West Fork) the conference. I'm not sure who wins out of the 3 of them, but odds, and history say, Subi will be in for games from the trio of them.
Quote from: edghog on September 14, 2008, 11:30:21 am
Waldron moved to 7-4A. They do not play each other this year. They do, however, play Hackett this year. There is a probability they will be 3-0 when conf play starts.

saps_9031

September 14, 2008, 11:08:42 pm #7 Last Edit: September 14, 2008, 11:11:56 pm by saps_9031
Coach Berry at Subiaco said he hoped to be 3-0 when conference play starts and hopes to be 4-0 when they get to the tough stretch of Dardanelle, Booneville, Ozark, and Clarksville(don't think thats the order though) it doesn't matter. It's hard to say with only two games played how Subi will fare in these games, all i know is, they have to play very physical football. And Subi has only won 2 games in the last two years(2-7 2 years ago and i think everyone knows how last year went) So, i think Subi could get 4 maybe 5 wins, and who knows..maybe an upset in there somewhere?

billfranklin

john-rex spivey #7 is a beast of a qb, keon walters #2 is a monster at tailback, jason young #10 is an animal out at wr, jude ruesewald #21 is a man child at TE,..any responses?.

just2good19

Quote from: billfranklin on September 18, 2008, 01:06:35 pm
john-rex spivey #7 is a beast of a qb, keon walters #2 is a monster at tailback, jason young #10 is an animal out at wr, jude ruesewald #21 is a man child at TE,..any responses?.

Are all these guys seniors?

42%

you cant really consider them beasts if they have been eatin bunnys

Rattler4Life

I watched both games Subi has played this year.  They are strong but they get a lot of holding called against them and they fumble quite a bit.  If we had not played so flat we would have given them a better game and if JC Westside hadn't ran out of gas they would have also. Ten doesn't like to get hit, one shot from a "Big Ol Boy" will slow him down a bunch.  It will be interesting to see how they do on their own level.

hillbilly

My response is you are on crack. Keep enjoying beating teams like Westside while it lasts. Too bad you aren't a 2A school.

KLA 41-0

I have never seen an all-star team lose as much as the trojans. Last I checked Subi has played no one, if they have I am sure they would still be winless.

4.4--40

I am predicting a win Friday night against the mighty  Hackett Hornets.  A 3-0 start is going to be great for Subi, but reality will set in on week 4.

42%

he mighty hackett hornets...? ???

just2good19

I'm pretty sure these guys have been there for at least three years(including this one)... And please don't make me remind every1 what subi's record was the past two years

wildbill

Quote from: hillbilly on September 18, 2008, 04:18:41 pm
My response is you are on crack. Keep enjoying beating teams like Westside while it lasts. Too bad you aren't a 2A school.

Ok yes they've played several 2a schools and plays another one but they are taring them apart I'm not saying there going to do the same in conference but he'll by the looks of the team they give some people a hard time

KLA 41-0

Which 2A schools is Subi tearing apart? Has Subi jumped on Bearden? Mt. Ida? Junction City? Carlisle? jw. When you are a 4A school you should not have to play 2A schools to get a W and boost your kids confidence. Conference play will be a humbling experience.

Russ PhD

Subiaco is a private school with NO built in advantages.  Shiloh and PA have large towns around them and a lot of $ in their athletic budget.  SA is a boarding school run by Benedictan monks.  My 1st roommate at college said the monks scared the heck out of him. 

This is why the hatred that I see of private schools is silly.  The AAA has bumped them up in class when it is clear that they can never compete in 4A.  I am from Mena and Subiaco was part of our conference that I played in the early '90s.  They never beat us in any sport.  That's MENA, guys and gals. We are not exactly known for the athletes we put on the field.  In football, they would get about a week of practice before their first game because the kids wouldn't arrive until the Saturday before the first game.  They could be good occasionally in BB because they would have an out-of-state kid that makes a big difference.

my 3 cents

Rattler4Life

Quote from: Russ PhD on September 19, 2008, 03:11:45 pm
Subiaco is a private school with NO built in advantages.  Shiloh and PA have large towns around them and a lot of $ in their athletic budget.  SA is a boarding school run by Benedictan monks.  My 1st roommate at college said the monks scared the heck out of him. 

This is why the hatred that I see of private schools is silly.  The AAA has bumped them up in class when it is clear that they can never compete in 4A.  I am from Mena and Subiaco was part of our conference that I played in the early '90s.  They never beat us in any sport.  That's MENA, guys and gals. We are not exactly known for the athletes we put on the field.  In football, they would get about a week of practice before their first game because the kids wouldn't arrive until the Saturday before the first game.  They could be good occasionally in BB because they would have an out-of-state kid that makes a big difference.

my 3 cents
This, I believe, is why Magazine and JC Westside scheduled them this year.  But I am here to tell you this is not the Subiaco teams past.  It's obvious they have practiced a lot more than a few times before their first game.  Word is the coach spent a week in Tulsa with Malzon working on offense, although it doesn't look like a Malzon offense.  They probably won't do all that great in 4A but this is the best team they have had in a long time.

KLA 41-0

4.4--40

celts

russ, while you are correct on a lot of your statements you are wrong on one thing.  subiaco is not just occasionally good in basketball.  not sure how old you are but i've seen subi play for years and are pretty much good year in and year out and can remember them beating mena more times than mena beat them.  on your comment of the basketball team having players come in from other places, yep, its a boarding school, that tends to happen.  no subi does not have near the advantages as p.a. and the other private schools in little rock, that you are correct about

3point

Quote from: Rattler4Life on September 19, 2008, 03:33:46 pm
Quote from: Russ PhD on September 19, 2008, 03:11:45 pm

my 3 cents
This, I believe, is why Magazine and JC Westside scheduled them this year.  But I am here to tell you this is not the Subiaco teams past.  It's obvious they have practiced a lot more than a few times before their first game.  Word is the coach spent a week in Tulsa with Malzon working on offense, although it doesn't look like a Malzon offense.  They probably won't do all that great in 4A but this is the best team they have had in a long time.
yes thats right hes my neighbor and he was in tulsa a week getting advice from malzon

bigsto

yes i have one

Dover - 40

Subi 14

Dovers 2nd string in before half time

just2good19

Quote from: bigsto on September 26, 2008, 11:13:47 pm
yes i have one

Dover - 40

Subi 14

Dovers 2nd string in before half time

42% was wrong when he said the subi couldn't be called beast cause they eat bunnies. After being embarassed by dover it would seem that the bunnies eat subi

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas