• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

where are the power posters from the past?

Started by The_Preacher, September 13, 2007, 08:17:42 am

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Preacher

it seems that the posters of the past few years have not been posting. my question is what , where and why. Have they left.

Where are the Jack D Backs, Showkillers,  Sams and all the ones that kept the 4A board moving. Even the likes of Eddie's mustache, are missing, somebody please fill me in.

Just  a truthful statement, coming thru observation. has the 4A board lost it's zeal, and appeal. if so can somebody help get it fixed

hoghigh

They are all alive and well.  Showkiller, Sam and Eddie have already rattled some people cages causing a few to get there blood pressure up.  Jacks is one I have not seen.

Guetz

Quote from: The_Preacher on September 13, 2007, 08:17:42 am
Just  a truthful statement, coming thru observation. has the 4A board lost it's zeal, and appeal. if so can somebody help get it fixed

Lost its zeal?  Is that why the 4A board has 32% more posts and 20% more topics than the next highest classification's board?  (68,000 posts in 2,253 topics on the 4A board vs. the next highest, the 5A board with 51,870 posts or the 3A board with 1,873 topics). 

The statistics would seem to indicate that there is more zeal in 4A than in any of the other classifications.  And this season has barely started.  I expect that the difference will become even greater by the end of the season.

The_Preacher

I miss their style and pressing  attitudes, made for  some heated conversation.  we need some spirit  to get it going again.

LakeRat

It's a new season... new faces and talent on all the fields.

The_Preacher

but the posters I'm talking about are way past the playing end. they are adults, having fun and building excitement, with each game each week.If they return you will see what I'm talking about

rebelpride

The_Preacher

I guess you  can hold your own  rebel  and that section of the State has backed off too, except for the  new comers in Newport

rebelpride

Quote from: The_Preacher on September 13, 2007, 09:55:46 am
I guess you  can hold your own  rebel  and that section of the State has backed off too, except for the  new comers in Newport

im in college, and im a moderator on the deadboard.com website.
but i think im gonna stay true to this one because there is more detail about the 4a-3 conference.

shotgunbilly3215

preach, i understand what your sayin. kinda wonderin the same. sam and eddie always made things interesting. lol

FootballGuy43

I've been taking a small break. I have been very busy...work, college, ya know.

EddiesMustache

sam & I are still here.  We are currently making plans to tear down Harrison's signs this friday.

N_O_L_E_S

I have wondered where you were Ben?  Hows classes I may get to graduate finally this semester.

The_Preacher

Eddie that could get your nose to be a small bit rearranged. but good to see ya back on here.  and as for the # of post that goes back to yester years it is not current.  where is the "old confer"  bunch  and all those slammers of me in the past  come out of hiding.

sam

I'm here.  Sorry, I just got out of the pen. 

The_Preacher

welcome  back  jailbird  hope youare ready to  heat things up around here

EddiesMustache

Quote from: sam on September 13, 2007, 12:27:57 pm
I'm here.  Sorry, I just got out of the pen. 

I told you not to video tape Ozark's defensive signals.  I hope you learned your lesson

LakeRat

Quote from: The_Preacher on September 13, 2007, 09:48:40 am
but the posters I'm talking about are way past the playing end. they are adults, having fun and building excitement, with each game each week.If they return you will see what I'm talking about

Got it. Saw enough from last year to know the folks mentioned.

[el_CaC]

To both sam and Eddie...

I am already in the process of removing every sign within the Booneville area. You have been warned!

Jakeabu Timmigatu

Yeah, those people need to come back.  I can't carry the slack for everyone.

Chief_Osceola™

Well, it appears Guetz is back.  That's all that really matters.  I missed reading the walls of text in the GS & A threads.  Good to have you back.  And I don't think Sam and Eddie are ever gone.  They lurk and pick their spots.

Fat Money

I had a Farrah Fawcett power poster :o when I was in junior high.

hoghigh

Quote from: [el_CaC] on September 13, 2007, 03:06:58 pm
To both sam and Eddie...

I am already in the process of removing every sign within the Booneville area. You have been warned!

touch the hanging hillbilly and you may be shot

shotgunbilly3215

^ this might pain you to know, but my senior year on the way to Booneville.....myself and 2 other accomplices tore down every sign Booneville put up. Even a wooden pallet they had decorated and attached to a hwy sign at hwy 23 and 41.  We had a lady come out of her house waving a cane at us. good times  lol      You gotta love rivalries!

FootballGuy43

Quote from: N_O_L_E_S on September 13, 2007, 12:04:04 pm
I have wondered where you were Ben?  Hows classes I may get to graduate finally this semester.

Yep I'm back...much to the chagrin of a few posters on this board...haha. Classes are going fairly well.

The_Preacher

SCRAPPER MOM#1

EddiesMustache

To both sam and Eddie...

You can't get them all.  Once the pre-game prayer starts, and everyone's head is down, we go to work!

The_Preacher

WE NEED TO UNITE AND BRING THE FORCES BACK.  IF YOU KNOW A POST THAT IS NOT POSTING THAT WAS IN THE PAST  CONTACT THEN LET'S GET IT BACK TO FACE OFF ON THE FIFTY  YOU AGAINST ME TYPE STUFF IT'S ALL GOOD

hillbilly

Quote from: EddiesMustache on September 14, 2007, 11:45:17 am
To both sam and Eddie...

You can't get them all.  Once the pre-game prayer starts, and everyone's head is down, we go to work!
Well now that you have let the secret out on that one, I will be keeping one eye open and some long range ammo close by.

The_Preacher

September 14, 2007, 01:02:47 pm #31 Last Edit: September 14, 2007, 04:25:31 pm by The_Preacher
FRONT LINE FIGHTING

Come on find them missing posters and bring them back

jackfan1™

Quote from: The_Preacher on September 14, 2007, 11:20:06 am
hey where is the army

I can't believe you are actually wanting that again...after last year and all the belly aching and gnashing of teeth.
Funny how a little time erases one's memory.
I seem to recall certain moderators doing a little house cleaning in that regard.
Oh well.....

Quite Frankly

So true jackfan.  Without a doubt a few are gone for that very reason and some simply grew tired of certain griping posters and their shanagans.

Uncle Ivan

Mike Bonds

I'm hangin around....what happened to the Preacher?

Blue Collar

There won't be a better poster than KIJEX..He was the best no doubt..He will be remembered always

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: Mike Bonds on September 20, 2007, 09:28:11 am
I'm hangin around....what happened to the Preacher?

He is no longer a member of FF.

sam

He didn't get banned. 

It's kinda like when the 0-10 coach is given the opportunity to resign before he is fired. 

Scrapper Slapper

N_O_L_E_S

we've gotten so bad we've fired a man of god

sam

Quote from: N_O_L_E_S on September 20, 2007, 12:05:17 pm
we've gotten so bad we've fired a man of god

There were substantial reasons.  You can't assume that men of God have no faults. 

546post

you want zeal? you want excitement? BRING BACK MR BIGGLESWIRTH!!!!

Budders

Quote from: 546post on September 20, 2007, 12:12:05 pm

I heard he was banned is there a thread that shows the banned accounts?

Guetz

Quote from: authenticity on September 20, 2007, 12:47:55 pm
Quote from: 546post on September 20, 2007, 12:12:05 pm

I heard he was banned is there a thread that shows the banned accounts?

What a great idea!  There ought to be a thread for not only those that have been banned (along with a brief explanation from the banning moderator, something that could be illustrative and educational to the rest of us), but also threads that had been deleted (with the same kind of explanation, clearly stating what RULES had been broken by the posters on that thread). 

Just like a good safety program publishes safety incidents that have occured in an effort to provide negative examples and potential hazards, so to could a banned/deleted thread also provide such examples of what not to do.  Of course, from the standpoint of deleted threads, that would only work if RULES had been broken instead of simply p___ing of some moderator.

:)

Quite Frankly

WHy do you keep thinking that a deleted thread or banned poster hacked off a Mod?

You are assuming way to much.  Cops arrest people all the time and are not hacked off at them.  People get fired by bosses that are not hacked at them.  When a rule is violated, it's quitely handled.  No big public announcement needed.  As much as I'd like to see one when I am curious it's sort of classless. 

I have to say you seem to have some authority issues that in fact are not justifiable.  Plus you can add those that want to get banned.

But I just can't go with people are banned because they disagree with a MOD. 

jackfan1™

Too much interest in issues that are not relevant to yourself.
Keep your nose clean and no one will have to blow it for you. ;)

I have never cared why anyone got banned, booted, excused, deleted, or simply left. It's called "nunya".
As long as they are not charging me admission or paying me a salary to be here, I figure this show is run by the folks who pay for it.

I can play by their rules or go off and find/start a place where I can do what I want, more or less.

That's pretty much it in a nutshell.

Guetz

Quote from: jackfan1 on September 20, 2007, 02:01:20 pm

I have never cared why anyone got banned, booted, excused, deleted, or simply left. It's called "nunya".
As long as they are not charging me admission or paying me a salary to be here, I figure this show is run by the folks who pay for it.

I can play by their rules or go off and find/start a place where I can do what I want, more or less.

Yep, never question authority or the party line.  Worked pretty good for the residents and employees around Dachau, Auschitwz and other such fine facilities.  Who needs a free press or polite free speech anyway?

jackfan1™

Quote from: Guetz on September 20, 2007, 08:15:12 pm
Quote from: jackfan1 on September 20, 2007, 02:01:20 pm

Yep, never question authority or the party line.  Worked pretty good for the residents and employees around Dachau, Auschitwz and other such fine facilities.  Who needs a free press or polite free speech anyway?

You are comparing FF to Auschwitz?! Wow.......I mean really, just wow. :o :o

Someone is taking this whole deal WAYYYYY too seriously........seriously!

Run down to Sonic or Dairy Queen, get a jumbo chocolate/vanilla swirl cone and just take a few deep breaths. For real.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas