• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The 2007 Lumberjacks

Started by The_Preacher, May 02, 2007, 09:25:24 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Preacher

I think that was true  and it was mostly that way in most  instances. and you have to be consistant

FootballGuy43

Quote from: The critic on May 11, 2007, 01:09:53 pm
Quote from: intangible on May 10, 2007, 04:23:02 pm
Quote from: BigBen7 on May 10, 2007, 03:39:19 pm
Who is the Lumberjack QB this season and does he have much experience?
a sophomore...hayden smith...none at all, just has a cannon so apparently that means he's going to be a good quarterback to these people.  and you cannot win in warren's offense without an above average quarterback.  im sorry, they have athletes EVERY year...so if thats what it took they'd be there every year.  explain to me the key to warrens success if pace was so bad?

Hayden has no experience on the high school level except a few playoff games.  Tell me how much experience Pace had before the season.  Hardly none.  He was a back-up QB until this year.  Hayden has been in this offense since 7th grade.  Pace got a late start in this offense.  Hayden has a better arm and from what I seen in a few games, he has good composure.  And the reason Pace was so successful was because of Jarius, Childs, Alford, Jones, Jordan, and Grag.  And alot of times, Pace had trouble getting the ball to them.  Championship game for instance.  Best pass in that game was one the Jordan threw and it got called back for a lineman being down field.  I been around football for about 28 years.  Seen alot of QB's.  And Pace was very inconsistent.   If he would have thrown the ball in the championship game, Warren would have won.  3 or 4 under thrown balls is non-excusable.  That would have been 3 more TD's easily.

I would not go that far. You guys SHOULD have won that game regardless. I won't speak on that matter anymore because it is in the past. But if Hayden is going to take over the offense and he knows the scheme, then it sounds good.

JackStar

a sophomore...hayden smith...none at all, just has a cannon so apparently that means he's going to be a good quarterback to these people.  and you cannot win in warren's offense without an above average quarterback.  im sorry, they have athletes EVERY year...so if thats what it took they'd be there every year.  explain to me the key to warrens success if pace was so bad?

Hayden has no experience on the high school level except a few playoff games.  Tell me how much experience Pace had before the season.  Hardly none.  He was a back-up QB until this year.  Hayden has been in this offense since 7th grade.  Pace got a late start in this offense.  Hayden has a better arm and from what I seen in a few games, he has good composure.  And the reason Pace was so successful was because of Jarius, Childs, Alford, Jones, Jordan, and Grag.  And alot of times, Pace had trouble getting the ball to them.  Championship game for instance.  Best pass in that game was one the Jordan threw and it got called back for a lineman being down field.  I been around football for about 28 years.  Seen alot of QB's.  And Pace was very inconsistent.   If he would have thrown the ball in the championship game, Warren would have won.  3 or 4 under thrown balls is non-excusable.  That would have been 3 more TD's easily.
There is no way to say those were guaranteed touchdowns... not every qb will make a perfect pass every time.  he made his good passes, he made his bad one... wright and childs and jordan made HIM look bad sometimes too...need i remember you of the numerous dropped passes and fumbles.  It's a team effort, and the quarterback has to be a leader...whether he wants to or not in warrens offense for us to be affective...and guess what we may or may not have won a state championship?  what more do you want?  i hope hayden does great because i want a ring my senior year...but dont go discrediting other qbs just because hes having a good spring.  oh and pace had 40 or 50 passes his junior season...he split time with cooper in MOST games.  not to mention 3 years in the system, and 3 years of practices. 

dc24

Quote from: intangible on May 11, 2007, 03:54:56 pm

There is no way to say those were guaranteed touchdowns... not every qb will make a perfect pass every time.  he made his good passes, he made his bad one... wright and childs and jordan made HIM look bad sometimes too...need i remember you of the numerous dropped passes and fumbles.  It's a team effort, and the quarterback has to be a leader...whether he wants to or not in warrens offense for us to be affective...and guess what we may or may not have won a state championship?  what more do you want?  i hope hayden does great because i want a ring my senior year...but dont go discrediting other qbs just because hes having a good spring.  oh and pace had 40 or 50 passes his junior season...he split time with cooper in MOST games.  not to mention 3 years in the system, and 3 years of practices. 

I think that Matt was the best choice this season, but he never should have been splitting snaps with Cooper after 2 or 3 games last year.  He was the best choice this year and 14-0...err...I mean 13-1 isn't bad results.  He could have played a better championship game, but you're crazy if you think Hayden was ready for that and would've done better.

jimbojack

Splitting time in relevant situations helps QBs get better.  When you can get away with it, it should always be done.  Gotta get experience for the future.

The_Preacher

everyone  needs a little time in the action, if a game is  in hand give these guys the chance to  build some experience.

AirWarren

Oh come on intangible...didn't you know that if you have a cannon for an arm automatically makes you a great quarterback? Until proven, people need to quit setting him up for failure. Me personally, I'll take a QB that is consistent and accurate rather than one that can launch it 70 yards and completely miss the receiver. The best thing going for him is that he has great receivers that will make him look great.

FootballGuy43

Quote from: AirWarren on May 12, 2007, 04:43:18 pm

Oh come on intangible...didn't you know that if you have a cannon for an arm automatically makes you a great quarterback? Until proven, people need to quit setting him up for failure. Me personally, I'll take a QB that is consistent and accurate rather than one that can launch it 70 yards and completely miss the receiver. The best thing going for him is that he has great receivers that will make him look great.

Ask JaMarcus Russell:) lol.

The_Preacher

The man is making some big bucks, and is set for life. even if he only plays  as a back up.

But you guys wait and see, what is being said, The qb position will be filled with a capable player, whomever it may be ; but the young kid will be a keeper before it is all said and done. 

AirWarren

Quote from: The_Preacher on May 12, 2007, 07:21:42 pm
The man is making some big bucks, and is set for life. even if he only plays  as a back up.

But you guys wait and see, what is being said, The qb position will be filled with a capable player, whomever it may be ; but the young kid will be a keeper before it is all said and done. 
I hope he is. You will see nothing but smiles from myself and the whole lumberjack nation!

The_Preacher

that was directed at the JaMarcus Russell comment, the part of the post about being set for live.

But the Lumberjack Nation will be very happy, smoke in sky;  say good year, very good year.

The_Preacher

where are the all the jack faithful, man it must be summer time. all the more reason to be in the air condition. and talking of your hopes for the up coming year

ljmom

This fan is working, and packing.  Vacation starts in 3 days...

The_Preacher

I go next week for 6 days  and will like it

The_Preacher

Lumberjack nation  the voice cries in the distance for your return to top of football mountain. Your drums should be beating the sounds of victory, instead drums are quite.  warriors bring back battle cry,   

Hail To The Warren High

JACK D BACK 27

COME ON MY FRIEND YOU NO WHAT THE DEAL IS.THINGS WILL NEVER BE LIKE IT WAS.NEVER.BUT YOU STILL ARE AND FOREVER WILL BE THE MAN.HURRY UP FOOTBALL SEASON.LATER

The_Preacher

It is the dream of this Chief to make sure the quest continues, until bright shining metal piece back in home where belongs

The_Preacher

young warriors, prepare yourselfs. The battles ar just over next hill. Give your all it will brings great rewards

The_Preacher

War drums; in the far away hills ;smoke rising across desert. Jack nation arise: Time has come for you to train. and prepare for victory celebrations. circle the tents bring forth the kill of past hunts. Time is now to claim what is yours.

fearless_footballer

warren you will be great this year yall have pretty much everyone back and now yall will be going to the rock and to be honest yall should be going for the repeat

The critic

The_Preacher

May 18, 2007, 06:29:30 pm #71 Last Edit: May 18, 2007, 11:21:20 pm by The_Preacher
I never saw that coming but I would buy a ticket to ride that train

#1 STUNNA

Romeo

Should be interesting to see how the super sophomore class for warren performs. They have at least two 2009 rivals.com future prospects with one other potential monster recruit. That Lee kid is a monster at linebacker.

jimbojack

Haskell has the potenial to be Warren's best RB ever---IF he works hard and keeps his grades in order.

JackStar

Quote from: jimbojack on May 22, 2007, 03:24:36 pm
Haskell has the potenial to be Warren's best RB ever---IF he works hard and keeps his grades in order.
waaayyy to early to make that prediction.

The_Preacher

WE HAVE GOT TO START SOMEWHERE  MAN IT'S OFF SEASON   i'M BORED TO TEARS

dc24

Quote from: intangible on May 22, 2007, 03:31:53 pm

Nope that is a perfectly legitimate claim.  He WILL be the best RB to come through Warren if he keeps his stuff straight.

The_Preacher

well you guys  in scholl need to be his support group to make sure he does what ever it takes to get it done  and help Him be all he can be.

JackStar

Quote from: dc24 on May 22, 2007, 09:06:10 pm

Nope that is a perfectly legitimate claim.  He WILL be the best RB to come through Warren if he keeps his stuff straight.
Why? because he's fast and he ran one guy over in the state championship game?  how can you disrespect the likes of Terrence Ingram, Chris Alford, Ricardo Kemp, and Deonte Jackson by making a statement such as that?

dc24

Quote from: intangible on May 23, 2007, 02:01:24 pm

Why? because he's fast and he ran one guy over in the state championship game?  how can you disrespect the likes of Terrence Ingram, Chris Alford, Ricardo Kemp, and Deonte Jackson by making a statement such as that?

He's got more talent than all of those guys other than Ricardo.  Ricardo only played RB one year too.  Chris, Deonte, and Ingram were all good, but Haskell will be better than them if he keeps his stuff together and baring we have an O-Line worth a dang too.  This Freshman or I guess Sophomore class isn't as stacked as some think.  Pretty big dropoff after Smith, Haskell, then maybe Lee.  That grade doesn't have many lineman that can help this year.  Needless to say, talent-wise Haskell is in the top 5 or so players to come through Warren, now we'll just have to see if he can produce and stay on the field.

Romeo

All of those backs were good but none were better than Terrance Moore. He is number one. 

#1 STUNNA

Quote from: Romeo on May 23, 2007, 03:30:37 pm

All of those backs were good but none were better than Terrance Moore. He is number one. 

i would take ricardo kemp anyday of the week over all of them

JackStar

Quote from: dc24 on May 23, 2007, 03:23:25 pm

He's got more talent than all of those guys other than Ricardo.  Ricardo only played RB one year too.  Chris, Deonte, and Ingram were all good, but Haskell will be better than them if he keeps his stuff together and baring we have an O-Line worth a dang too.  This Freshman or I guess Sophomore class isn't as stacked as some think.  Pretty big dropoff after Smith, Haskell, then maybe Lee.  That grade doesn't have many lineman that can help this year.  Needless to say, talent-wise Haskell is in the top 5 or so players to come through Warren, now we'll just have to see if he can produce and stay on the field.
It's easy to see you haven't seen the kid that much.  Great athlete...but you are sadly mistaken about what it takes to put yourself in the league with those guys.

dc24

Quote from: intangible on May 23, 2007, 10:45:36 pm
Quote from: dc24 on May 23, 2007, 03:23:25 pm

It's easy to see you haven't seen the kid that much.  Great athlete...but you are sadly mistaken about what it takes to put yourself in the league with those guys.

I've seen him play enough to know how good he is and how good he can be.  Ingram was good, but was helped by having T-Rod, RoShaun, and Bret to take the pressure off of him.  He also had some very good lines to run behind.  Ricardo was a great RB, but an even better receiver, and he only played RB at the end of that year if I'm not mistaken, so I wouldn't dub him as one of Warren's greatest RB's.  Deonte was good, but would have been playing receiver his Sr. year if not for Chris getting hurt.  Chris wasn't as durable as you'd like and couldn't catch the ball out of the backfield.  He also didn't have the breakaway speed you'd like.  Needless to say, they were all great and I'm not trying to bash him, but you're blind if you can't see that Haskell can be better than everyone of these guys.  Will he?  I don't know, I guess I shouldn't have said he will in a previous post, but can he?  heck yeah.  He was good in Jr. High, with an average to below average line blocking for him.  He moved up and played significant downs in every game of the playoffs.  I don't remember any freshmen doing that.  I know that Ricardo and Darryl Adams played a little bit, but not as much as Haskell did.  Haskell also stepped up in the STATE CHAMPIONSHIP game and played excellent.  This kid has a chance to be special, I'm sorry if I'm the only one who sees that, but my opinion has much more thought put into it than that he is just fast and ran over a guy.

On a side note.  I read that Deonte Jackson ran for 36 yards, leading all backs, in the University of Idaho's spring game.  Congrats to him.

Papa Billie™

May 24, 2007, 12:44:39 am #85 Last Edit: May 28, 2007, 07:52:57 pm by Super Scrapper
Quote from: fearless_footballer on May 18, 2007, 09:24:54 am
warren you will be great this year yall have pretty much everyone back and now yall will be going to the rock and to be honest yall should be going for the repeat

You are embarrassing yourself with such comments...SS

Go Scrappers

8)

SCRAPPER MOM#1

Leave it alone SS. Leave it alone..

The_Preacher

jimbojack

Ingram, Jackson, Alford, and Kemp were all good backs, but there have been several much better than them.  You're showing your youth.

Barry Allison, Terry McClendon, Alonzo Hampton, are a few.  I think ALford could have been if he had stayed healthy.  There was also a big white dude back in the 80's that was as really good---can't remember his name.

Haskell may be the best of the lot---in time.  He is without question the best freshman RB that I have seen.

#1 STUNNA

i still give the nodge to kemp he did some amazing things, and was also smart, ne ver seen him get hit hard

JackStar

You say Chris couldnt catch the ball... you have obviously not seen haskell catch.  I personally think Chris was the best.  Not because I played with him, but he lead a team to a state championship (carried them on his back more like it in some games) ....  none of the other  backs did that.  You dont think Haskell wont have a good supporting cast!?  This year speaks for itself...but next year he will have a much more developed smith and 2 division 1 receiver (pm if you wanna know who).  And you sell that line too short.  they have some big kids in that class, and we have the offensive line coach to turn big kids into above average linemen.  I just dont see how you can classify him as potentially the best....when all you've ever seen him do is run as fast as he can 3 times around the edge...  he is athletic, very very strong, and very very fast... but then again...so was ingram, and deonte, and ricardo.  chris was strong but never had to be fast.  he was just an extremely gifted individual.  we will see, but you're setting haskell up for failure with claims like he'll be the best of all time.

jimbojack

Nothing said on a message board sets anybody up for failure---or success for that matter.  If a person is weak-minded enuff to let message board talk effect them---e.i.Houson Nutt--they don't have a chance anyway.

I agree, Alford was special until the injury.  The other 3 were good backs---that's it. 

Believe it or not, the talent over the last few years isn't any different than the last 20.  Warren has always had lots of talent.  Kind of similiar to Dumas.  Had to find the right coach to push all the right buttons---that's all.

dc24

Quote from: intangible on May 24, 2007, 11:48:26 am
You say Chris couldnt catch the ball... you have obviously not seen haskell catch.  I personally think Chris was the best.  Not because I played with him, but he lead a team to a state championship (carried them on his back more like it in some games) ....  none of the other  backs did that.  You dont think Haskell wont have a good supporting cast!?  This year speaks for itself...but next year he will have a much more developed smith and 2 division 1 receiver (pm if you wanna know who).  And you sell that line too short.  they have some big kids in that class, and we have the offensive line coach to turn big kids into above average linemen.  I just dont see how you can classify him as potentially the best....when all you've ever seen him do is run as fast as he can 3 times around the edge...  he is athletic, very very strong, and very very fast... but then again...so was ingram, and deonte, and ricardo.  chris was strong but never had to be fast.  he was just an extremely gifted individual.  we will see, but you're setting haskell up for failure with claims like he'll be the best of all time.

Haskell will have a good supporting cast this year, but after that who knows.  I'm sure we'll find linemen, because we always do and always have good lines, but it's going to be a little bit harder because after this year the only returning starter on the line will be Shaquil Ellis, unless another one in the 11th or 10th grade steps up and starts.  Like I've said though, he has all the potential to be the best to come through here.  I'm not trying to set him up for failure, or dubbing him better than anyone right now.  He's not better than anyone we've talked about so far, right now.  In time, I think he will be better than all of them, unless some things happen.  Getting in trouble...well scratch that, but injuries and stuff do occur.  You're also selling me short on how much I've watched him play.  I watched him play quite a bit in 8th grade, and I saw almost every playoff game he played in.  As I stated before, I wouldn't say anything like this if I had only seen him run around the edge 3 times.

jimbojack

there's nothing wrong with being a little biased, intangible. 

JACK D BACK 27

I have talked to Coach Hembree about both of these kids.  His reply was that Hayden has the chance to be very good and is very excited about coaching him because he has a cannon of an arm and can run.  He says Courtney has a chance to be the best player to come out of Warren.  He said he finished third in the sr. district 100 third in the 200 and won the district shot put.  He said that he was the best freshman running back that has been here since he has been here, that other teams knew they had to stop him and still could not stop him.  Only time will tell but you could tell he was very excited about both of them.  I told him that people were arguing on this board about past players and all he said all the question will be answered this year.

The_Preacher

that's my man let the game speak and you can't  argue  that fact

SCRAPPER MOM#1

Prodigy

Quote from: The_Preacher on May 22, 2007, 09:09:33 pm
well you guys  in scholl need to be his support group to make sure he does what ever it takes to get it done  and help Him be all he can be.
If you help him with punctuation. grammer, spelling, and sentence structure, he has no chance.

lumberjack99

Warren will be in Little Rock for the rematch with Nashville if they make it Warren will have at least 7 kids sign D1 and another 5 or 6 D1AA , DII and the good thing is all have the grades. ;D Big thumbs up Bo.

JackStar

We'll see... I think they'll both be good.  But I am not drunk enough to say haskell WILL be better than those guys.  He's got potential...but so do many other players in warren.  Can anyone tell me who the best player on the Warren JR High football team was Jarius Wright and Greg Childs 9th grade year?  It wasnt either of them.  So jr high football is very unreliable.  Hayden will be a great high school qb, but his height may hinder in him being recruited.  Haskell is an athlete...and thats all he is right now.  I lot of warrens season will depend on these 2 guys, so I hope they exceed all expectations.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas